Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.1 is available.

Jewelry Nodes Please Increase

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't farm for jewelry nodes in Summerset. Summerset has very few nodes to begin with. Jewelry nodes are plentiful in other zones.

Jewelry nodes are shared with ore nodes. Go to a less popular zone with tons more nodes (Glenumbra for example) and run a farming route. Remember, since jewelry nodes are shared with ore nodes, any time you see an ore node, that is preventing a jewelry node from spawning. So you must pick the ore node, wait a bit, and when it respawns, there's a chance for a jewelry node. So when farming, you run the same route multiple times, harvesting all of the ore and jewelry spawns.

Source: I have personally farmed for 10+ hours. Gotten lots of jewelry nodes. Made lots of money from it :)
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on June 6, 2018 10:10PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be also players who may just skip gathering the regular metal ore nodes, thus reducing the refresh rate of them coming up as jewelry nodes the next time they spawn.

That is exactly what's been going on. They look for jewelry ores only and skip the regular ores. After a while, all that's left are regular ores at the nodes. If you mine the regular ores to force some jewlery ores to spawn in their place, the same thing happens - people behind you swoop up only the jewelry ores, leaving the regular ores alone.

It's very frustrating.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if they should increase them. It's kinda RNG.
    Sometimes I can't find a single node and sometimes all I find is jewellery crafting nodes. Spawns just inconsistent.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Not sure if they should increase them. It's kinda RNG.
    Sometimes I can't find a single node and sometimes all I find is jewellery crafting nodes. Spawns just inconsistent.

it already ate alot of ore nodes and those portals ate some of the old nodes too. so really hope they dont add anymore and just lower how much we actually need
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just have to need the metal ores. Then every @#$% node will be a seam!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This topic has been opened a full month before PC release. They probably took note of it, as jewelry nodes are quite plentiful now. I've found dozens just strolling around, and I'm receiving 2-3 surveys every day from doing the writs. So the situation is quite good overall.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    how about also mining the blacksmithing materials so there are more spots for seams too spawn? works like a charm for me. 1/5 veins is a seam.

This is what @Allypage did. His point is that having mined the Rubedite so that Jewelry nodes spawned, other players nipped in front of him and got them first. It reminds me of treasure chests, when you have cleared the mobs only to have people jump in and nick them.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    how about also mining the blacksmithing materials so there are more spots for seams too spawn? works like a charm for me. 1/5 veins is a seam.

This is what @Allypage did. His point is that having mined the Rubedite so that Jewelry nodes spawned, other players nipped in front of him and got them first. It reminds me of treasure chests, when you have cleared the mobs only to have people jump in and nick them.

It's not like the ore nodes don't have value. Not as much as JC seams but they're also not worthless.

That whole objection that someone takes your JC seam after you primed it by harvesting the ore 5 minutes ago has a large component of single player game mentality to it. This is an online game with competitive harvesting and it has always been. It would be no different if seams had their own unique spot and you whine because someone with a faster riding skill and/or lower ping beat you to it.

And no it's not even in the same ballpark as some dweeb stealing your resource node or chest from under you while you clear the mobs that aggroed nearby - that's a whole other level selfishness there.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

It's not like the ore nodes don't have value. Not as much as JC seams but they're also not worthless.

That whole objection that someone takes your JC seam after you primed it by harvesting the ore 5 minutes ago has a large component of single player game mentality to it. This is an online game with competitive harvesting and it has always been. It would be no different if seams had their own unique spot and you whine because someone with a faster riding skill and/or lower ping beat you to it.

And no it's not even in the same ballpark as some dweeb stealing your resource node or chest from under you while you clear the mobs that aggroed nearby - that's a whole other level selfishness there.

No the objection comes from those doing this, cherry picking only the JC nodes primed and skipping the ore nodes still. To me it's a level of selfishness. It's like skipping the moths in Summerset, those will respawn into plants. People need to just learn to farm it all and ZOS to get rid of the bots.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are expecting people to understand that harvesting only the JC seams will decrease their chance to actually get the JC seams. That's a bit much. Better to ask ZOS to hire a student to put *new* JC spawn spots into each zone so that people being... 'not interested in blacksmithing materials' won't decrease the amount of JC nodes spawning.

You are right. That's me asking for too much.
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭

First off I understand fully that this is an online game with other players, it is just like if someone snipes the chest etc after killing mobs. You often have to kill mobs as well as collect the Rubedite etc.. and to have someone actively FOLLOW you to do it this is a *** move ... but what ever... it is not something I do because I'm not a rude ***. this is because there are not enough nodes for JC imo.
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭

:D I'm woman BTW. and I was just frustrated at the guy who was actively following me and dropping off cliffs etc to grab the Jewelry nodes as soon as they had spawned. He did not grab the rubedite... I did though because I want to harvest it all.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    They probably want to have less nodes, and thus make people grind more, so they play the content for longer and don't notice how superficial and empty it really is. I'm starting to get sick and tired of this artificial rarity that makes you run for hours on a make-believe treadmill. Looking at this it looks more efficient to just grind dolmens with a maximum level character, and simply decon the jewels that drop there for skill level up and materials after launch. It's boring but at least you get a guaranteed "ingot" for every piece of jewelry and some inspiration from deconning it and there are zones where you can cycle through all 3 dolmens in 5-6 minutes.

I don't think they necessarily want people to grind. They want crafting jewelry to not be as easy as other gear.

I am curious though how many people have actually crafted jewelry and what color they refined to. A lot of people have the mats to make jewelry from their deconning during leveling and from the world. But refinement takes a bit more effort.

Btw, you will never get gold mats by just deconning dolmen jewelry.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Allypage wrote: »

First off I understand fully that this is an online game with other players, it is just like if someone snipes the chest etc after killing mobs. You often have to kill mobs as well as collect the Rubedite etc.. and to have someone actively FOLLOW you to do it this is a *** move ... but what ever... it is not something I do because I'm not a rude ***. this is because there are not enough nodes for JC imo.

So don't let him follow you. It's competitive so compete. Follow him instead or go to a different zone where your stalker isn't. You sound like someone who has never harvested competitively in ESO. JC mat harvesting right at this moment is just how Craglorn harvesting for nirncrux is all the time: highly competitive and can be annoying. But even there the **** who will steal nodes from under you are rare exceptions not the norm.

Besides, the seams are not that rare unless you insist on doing it in Summerset, Arteum or Craglorn. It's been less than 3 weeks an I have over 2K platinum already from harvesting and decon. Very little of that is from dedicated grinding except for the first little while when I was leveling JC and had to get those lower level mats for writs. I'm sure I'll have at least twice the platinum I have now by the time I have enough purple upgrade platings to craft 3 things anyway. That is the real jc problem, not nodes nor the people that grind them.

Try Khenarthis Roost, Auridon and Coldharbour. They have all worked for me and I haven't had any issues with any other player harvesting there.
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭

Try Khenarthis Roost, Auridon and Coldharbour. They have all worked for me and I haven't had any issues with any other player harvesting there.[/quote]

Actually I was in Kenarthi's Roost and I did move to a different zone, and at one point the player was dropping down from above me to grab the node I was clicking on..

I had also gone to a different string of nodes, so the guy was obviously not interested in doing the work him/ herself, or enjoys trolling other players.
    In my original post I did say I was expressing my frustration.. and good for you that you can upgrade ..

I have a lot of platinum that I got by running dolmens, but *** for plating and I refuse to pay stupid amounts to buy them and *** for researchable items.
    I guess I should expect that Harvesting mats is basically PVP, and challenged them to duel!.. FFS
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    They probably want to have less nodes, and thus make people grind more, so they play the content for longer and don't notice how superficial and empty it really is. I'm starting to get sick and tired of this artificial rarity that makes you run for hours on a make-believe treadmill. Looking at this it looks more efficient to just grind dolmens with a maximum level character, and simply decon the jewels that drop there for skill level up and materials after launch. It's boring but at least you get a guaranteed "ingot" for every piece of jewelry and some inspiration from deconning it and there are zones where you can cycle through all 3 dolmens in 5-6 minutes.

I don't think they necessarily want people to grind. They want crafting jewelry to not be as easy as other gear.

I am curious though how many people have actually crafted jewelry and what color they refined to. A lot of people have the mats to make jewelry from their deconning during leveling and from the world. But refinement takes a bit more effort.

I have done some of the Abyssal Geysers in Summerset, I was under the impression that sometimes researchable jewelry was dropped, but so far nothing beyond the basic three. I am doing the story lines and we'll see what is dropped along the way. I had hoped to be able to upgrade some of the jewelry I had previously, as I had done in the PTS.
    I was not focused on jewelry crafting in PTS.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry nodes cannot be increased by percentage in the current design as that reduced the metal for armor and weapons available.

The two compete for the same nodes.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allypage wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

I have done some of the Abyssal Geysers in Summerset, I was under the impression that sometimes researchable jewelry was dropped, but so far nothing beyond the basic three. I am doing the story lines and we'll see what is dropped along the way. I had hoped to be able to upgrade some of the jewelry I had previously, as I had done in the PTS.
    I was not focused on jewelry crafting in PTS.

Abyssal geysers drop ordinary robust/arcane/healthy jewelry from the zone sets, albeit I've seen the average quality is higher than dolmens in other zones, I'd estimate about 2/3 blue, 1/3 purple, never green from the shell - I've seen green jewelry only drop occasionally from geyser mobs though. Other traits drop from specific sources:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Jewelry_Crafting#Traits
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |