Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noo need to nerf Sloads or others

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    mikegundy wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    no, why should ppl have to slot an entirely different set to counter 1 set?

this alone proves that sloads is broken

STOP DEFENDING A BROKE SET JUST BECAUSE IT HELPS YOU

Stop attacking a balanced set because it kills you.

If they nerf Sloads then I want Zaan, Skoria, and Caluurion nerfed to the ground as well. If they did this I could care less if they nerf Sloads. Medium armor has gotten consistently screwed by these proc sets then they introduce a new one that can actually do something against damage shield users and it's the end of the world.

How is sloads balanced? pls explain.

How's it not like any other dot, besides that it goes through shields? Explain.

That’s not the issue. Issue is getting hit with multiple sload procs by multiple people at same time. Plenty of forum pics of people’s death recap showing nothIng but sloads. It’s getting rediculuous.

Non Sequitur. When you get hit by multiple people your going to get hit with multiple effects. That's kind of what happens when there's multiple people. It could be using a multitude of different sets that do damage and some with more burst. Just as the sorc community was crying about shield breaker and Oblivion damage glyphs, they're going to cry about this. HOPEFULLY ZOS doesn't cave to the insensate drone from the forums relegating yet another armor set to the trash heap.

But hey. I'm for anything that allows for a little more pressure to be put on some of the cancer builds. It's a pressure put on everyone equally. I mean if you think about it Oblivion damage is the most unbiased damage source there is in the game. Hit's everyone equally. Ya, I think it needs to stay. In fact maybe it needs a buff.

spoken and said perfectly.
    admirable and honest.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is OP but so is zaan earthgore and other sets

Id rather have them tone down those sets
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amoureros wrote: »
    Sload is only powerful to glass cannon squishy build. I've been hit by Sload and it doesn't even scratched me. It does 600dps in medium, long fight.

How is that possible? Was the person wearing Under leveled armor? Or White or Blue level? Gold armor at cp 160 is 1066 oblivion damage so even purple armor should do quite a bit more than 600dps per tick. I challenged you to duel a person of equal skill using sloads. It’s not fun.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buff Julianos.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Sload is only powerful to glass cannon squishy build. I've been hit by Sload and it doesn't even scratched me. It does 600dps in medium, long fight.

How is that possible? Was the person wearing Under leveled armor? Or White or Blue level? Gold armor at cp 160 is 1066 oblivion damage so even purple armor should do quite a bit more than 600dps per tick. I challenged you to duel a person of equal skill using sloads. It’s not fun.

Sloads does not exceed 853/sec, and that's only achievable with gold gear. What you're seeing is a tool tip error. If you don't believe me use it against a target dummy and you'll see for yourself.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol dude broken set? On my magblade I barely see my hp moving with sload on me lol, this is one of the most "I don't care sets ever", when compared to Zaan or Shieldbreaker it's laughable that someone is really complaining about sload. Please be my quest, I couldn't care less about sload, but when we are on that Shieldbreaker is totally bull***t set. On magblade I have at least some ways of defense against it, but magsorc has just one option, try to run away.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :|

Thing is, you don't have to, you can also make slight adjustments to your build; enchants, poisons, and abilities that restore health or improve sustain.
    I believe diversity was the hint of the original post...
    TarrNokk wrote: »
    Just take a few looks besides the metas and BiS due to all respect to the work of @Alcast and others who promote their builds.
    Find your OWN set and play and build around it and feel comfortable, because whining in forums is sooo meh...
    Proves what? The only proof to be seen in this discussion is how shortsighted you are, don't believe that? Tough luck.
    Just a simple example:
    I use 5 x shacklebreaker/5 x wyrd tree/ 2 x monster set
    I am OP.
    Because I have great sustain, meaning NEVER running out of resources AND I almost always cleanse 5 negative effects.
    He/she can think for him or herself, so you're peeved off that you can't is what you're saying? :D
    Now you're just making up a statement for the sake of having an argument, otherwise, you're damn delusional.
    Where in the original post does it say anything about using Sloads to help him or herself?
    If you think (s)he did, you should read his/her post again.
    YES: I cleanse the evil SLOADs as well.
    That tells me another story... :/

It's idiotic that many of you here are expecting change while advertently post, showing failure to read context. There is nothing constructive to follow when you do this, hence, it does not correlate with anything while contradicts everything.
    Pull up those big girl panties and grow up. ;)
    Edited by SirMewser on June 2, 2018 3:42PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sloads aint broken its litterally a weaker viper that can finally poke sorcs through their shields(even though its so low its not worth running) . all in all this set is fricken trash if anything it needs a little more oomph not a nerf lmfao. l2p
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take a look on the others, the whole variety of sets we can choose of.
    You will find enough sets whcih you can counter many others effects.
    Just a simple example:
    I am OP.
    Because I have great sustain, meaning NEVER running out of resources AND I almost always cleanse 5 negative effects.
    Just take a few looks besides the metas and BiS due to all respect to the work of @Alcast and others who promote their builds.
    Find your OWN set and play and build around it and feel comfortable, because whining in forums is sooo meh...

Spoken like someone who hasn't taken their shacklebreaker + Wyrd Tree setup in Battelgrounds and beaten a Sloads + Duroks + Zaan group
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a simple example:
    I am OP.

Spoken like someone who hasn't taken their shacklebreaker + Wyrd Tree setup in Battelgrounds and beaten a Sloads + Duroks + Zaan group

shield stacking sorcs=perfect counter. sloads doesnt do jack all and long as shield is up the other damage does nothing one frag proc later that sob is dead. so yea sloads isnt a true problem its perfectly counterable........it needs a buff or remove the oblivion damage and just give like a flat damage increase.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »

If they nerf Sloads then I want Zaan, Skoria, and Caluurion nerfed to the ground as well. If they did this I could care less if they nerf Sloads. Medium armor has gotten consistently screwed by these proc sets then they introduce a new one that can actually do something against damage shield users and it's the end of the world.

Sloads is OP, the others are L2P issues for you, and LOL nerf Skoria? Dude.

Sloads is the L2P issue.

lol nah, sloads is definitely the broken thing, given that calruuin and skoria are both way weaker compare to sloads, zaan idk, i have never been hit by zaan, i dont use it either

but again, you are supporting sloads because you use it to wreck ppl and these other sets clearly are a pain to use

where as sloads is a pain to EVERYONE

Nah, on the contrary Sloads is the weakest of all the ones I mentioned. I encourage everyone to use it since it will only increase my survivability.

to YOU, YOUR survivability

and no caluurion its you for 593 ish with mitigation, in the same time frame as sloads, in its own 10 sec time frame thats less, skoria hits no were near caluurion

Yes correct, just like to you the other proc sets aren't as damaging as Sloads. That's what makes it balanced. Why should your play style get a pass while mine continuously gets dumped on. Also my mitigation is 24k, and Caluurion does between 5.9k to 7.4k depending on the user. And this is burst damage which is very important in PvP. Whereas Sloads is 5.7k over 7 seconds.

7.4k over caluurions 10 second d proc time is 740 damage a second it can do to you if you were a dps dummy opposed to 853 a second of sloads, in the same time frame as caluurion sloads can do 8.5k

not to mention your playstyle has vigor and other heals which can immediately start dealing with that damage, sorcs have healing ward which if we hit it the second sloads procs on us will go off 1 second after the first sloads proc
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Sloads is the L2P issue.

lol nah, sloads is definitely the broken thing, given that calruuin and skoria are both way weaker compare to sloads, zaan idk, i have never been hit by zaan, i dont use it either

but again, you are supporting sloads because you use it to wreck ppl and these other sets clearly are a pain to use

If you've never been hit by zaan then you don't have much room to make comments on pvp sets lol.

I'd rather get hit by any ultimate in the game than get hit by Zaan. That's how broken that proc set is. To me, Sloads is just another bleed which I'm already used to.

Really? You enjoy zaan over meteor rune cage combos? L2p? just get out of range of zaan? Versus oh wAit there Is no escape from rune cage meteor combo...

your stam, OUT RUN IT
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

sloads aint broken its litterally a weaker viper that can finally poke sorcs through their shields(even though its so low its not worth running) . all in all this set is fricken trash if anything it needs a little more oomph not a nerf lmfao. l2p

viper is weaker after mitigation learn how mechanics work
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a simple example:
    I am OP.

shield stacking sorcs=perfect counter. sloads doesnt do jack all and long as shield is up the other damage does nothing one frag proc later that sob is dead. so yea sloads isnt a true problem its perfectly counterable........it needs a buff or remove the oblivion damage and just give like a flat damage increase.

quit hating on sorcs, learn how to play vs them, stop relying on broken sets as a crutch and quit hating on shields unless you intent to remove cloak, heals, and resistance from the game too
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sloads never hit me higher than what vipers used to(especially when it was hooked to a god forsaken stam dk) sloads damage=trash as i do know what vipers did do back in the day when it was instant damage regardless id still see about 3k hits as people would stack as much as they could to buff that damage hit. what made vipers a cancer was the factor that it was instant hit(and even came off of the siege weapons as a proc as well at one point). sloads damage doesnt come close to vipers and id much rather have had sloads back then than old viper. this set is perfectly balanced. its a l2p issue so bad.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

sloads never hit me higher than what vipers used to(especially when it was hooked to a god forsaken stam dk) sloads damage=trash as i do know what vipers did do back in the day when it was instant damage regardless id still see about 3k hits as people would stack as much as they could to buff that damage hit. what made vipers a cancer was the factor that it was instant hit(and even came off of the siege weapons as a proc as well at one point). sloads damage doesnt come close to vipers and id much rather have had sloads back then than old viper. this set is perfectly balanced. its a l2p issue so bad.

again no old viper still hits less than the amount of damage sloads can to in the same time frame

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

again no old viper still hits less than the amount of damage sloads can to in the same time frame

i think you need to go back in time to when vipers was still broken and compare that to sloads. i can understand forgetting since its been awhile but sloads is nothing compared to that cancer.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i think you need to go back in time to when vipers was still broken and compare that to sloads. i can understand forgetting since its been awhile but sloads is nothing compared to that cancer.

again after mitigation old viper hits you for less than sloads in the same time frame, if i did crit dmg and proc'd twice in a row
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfs are bad. Say No to nerfs.

I agree. Buff Sloads! Make it do double damage to vampires

Triple damage to nightblades... make them explode when they stealth.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

Nah, on the contrary Sloads is the weakest of all the ones I mentioned. I encourage everyone to use it since it will only increase my survivability.

and no caluurion its you for 593 ish with mitigation, in the same time frame as sloads, in its own 10 sec time frame thats less, skoria hits no were near caluurion

Yes correct, just like to you the other proc sets aren't as damaging as Sloads. That's what makes it balanced. Why should your play style get a pass while mine continuously gets dumped on. Also my mitigation is 24k, and Caluurion does between 5.9k to 7.4k depending on the user. And this is burst damage which is very important in PvP. Whereas Sloads is 5.7k over 7 seconds.

7.4k over caluurions 10 second d proc time is 740 damage a second it can do to you if you were a dps dummy opposed to 853 a second of sloads, in the same time frame as caluurion sloads can do 8.5k

not to mention your playstyle has vigor and other heals which can immediately start dealing with that damage, sorcs have healing ward which if we hit it the second sloads procs on us will go off 1 second after the first sloads proc

Again, one is burst damage and the other is a DoT. In PvP burst is king. You've also pointed out the fact that my build can handle the DoT better than your build can; this is correct. Your build also handles burst damage a lot better than mine can. I have three proc sets that cause me grief in conjunction with a large list of powerful undodgeable abilities. You just have Sloads/Oblivion damage and boy are you making a fuss. I can only imagine the grief you'd have if you had as much to deal with as a medium armor build.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just because it killed you does not mean it is broken.
    it means it is working as a counter to Broken builds. and is doing a Good job at helping make it fun for Everyone to Have fun in PvP instead of just a small few.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

Again, one is burst damage and the other is a DoT. In PvP burst is king. You've also pointed out the fact that my build can handle the DoT better than your build can; this is correct. Your build also handles burst damage a lot better than mine can. I have three proc sets that cause me grief in conjunction with a large list of powerful undodgeable abilities. You just have Sloads/Oblivion damage and boy are you making a fuss. I can only imagine the grief you'd have if you had as much to deal with as a medium armor build.

and i have a list of oblivion damage sets, that i could say are broken but instead of bitching about all of them like you do, i choose the one thats actually broke
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Genius!
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

and i have a list of oblivion damage sets, that i could say are broken but instead of bitching about all of them like you do, i choose the one thats actually broke

There's two: Sloads and Shield Breaker. And I'm confident that Shield Breaker is more detrimental to your build than Sloads is. The different is that legitimate non-trolling builds actually use Sloads.

Edit: There's also Knight Slayer, but that's like the Ashen Grip of Oblivion sets lol
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on June 2, 2018 5:14PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

you say that as if that is a new idea and something that does not allready happen.

for years, since launch even, people have been pulling us nightblades out of stealth and blowing us up.

here look at this old set ...

Sentry Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina

(3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(4 items) Adds 1096 Weapon Critical

(5 items) Increases the radius you can detect Sneaking enemies by 50%. Increases your damage done to Sneaking enemies by 20%.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 2, 2018 5:07PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

sloads again is far from broken.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

There's two: Sloads and Shield Breaker. And I'm confident that Shield Breaker is more detrimental to your build than Sloads is. The different is that legitimate non-trolling builds actually use Sloads.

again sloads is worse, but whatever. you are entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to not give a crap. clearly we are not coming to any meeting point regarding this set
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

again sloads is worse, but whatever. you are entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to not give a crap. clearly we are not coming to any meeting point regarding this set

its a learn to play issue thats where it ends at. get around the set cause its not that bad at all. it was really made to counter shield stacking sorcs cause no other damage can touch them when they hit that shield button.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads does not exceed 853/sec, and that's only achievable with gold gear. What you're seeing is a tool tip error. If you don't believe me use it against a target dummy and you'll see for yourself.

Okay, that’s still more than 600 dps. So idk what op is talking about.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Okay, that’s still more than 600 dps. So idk what op is talking about.

It may have to do with gear quality. 853 is when it's golded out.
This discussion has been closed.