Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noo need to nerf Sloads or others

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with wyrd tree. I just used extended ritual 3 times back to back, and it was right back on. Enjoy your cooldown timer.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    shouldn't we address overwhelming surge and calurions? i know its not oblivion damage but still very strong procs... MY OPINION I don't think any of it needs touched like OP said :smile:
    Edited by Millz on June 2, 2018 2:16AM
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp tryhards will always use trendy things, then it will get nerfed and they will be the next crying over the forums.

2 months and we will see sloads doing 100 damage.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    no, why should ppl have to slot an entirely different set to counter 1 set?

this alone proves that sloads is broken

STOP DEFENDING A BROKE SET JUST BECAUSE IT HELPS YOU

This honestly. That goes for all broken things not just Sloads
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 2, 2018 2:21AM
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭

why should people have to run a certain skill to counter nightblade cloaks? or run certain pots? why must you run purge or be a templar to cleanse negative effects? why do you have to run foward momentum if you want snare and immobilization immunity? Im not trying to be sarcastic just stating that there are other things that require you to change your build to counter. Not saying it doesn't need toned down just saying that there will never be perfect balance
    Edited by Millz on June 2, 2018 2:49AM
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    You can outheal sloads. Its no different than another dot. People just crying lol. Sorcs especially....

hutch coming in with the wisdom I said the same. People want to complain
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ME ambqwWb.jpg

when reading InheKKd.jpg
    threads/comments
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »

Stop attacking a balanced set because it kills you.

If they nerf Sloads then I want Zaan, Skoria, and Caluurion nerfed to the ground as well. If they did this I could care less if they nerf Sloads. Medium armor has gotten consistently screwed by these proc sets then they introduce a new one that can actually do something against damage shield users and it's the end of the world.

Sloads is OP, the others are L2P issues for you, and LOL nerf Skoria? Dude.

Sloads is the L2P issue.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikegundy wrote: »

If they nerf Sloads then I want Zaan, Skoria, and Caluurion nerfed to the ground as well. If they did this I could care less if they nerf Sloads. Medium armor has gotten consistently screwed by these proc sets then they introduce a new one that can actually do something against damage shield users and it's the end of the world.

How is sloads balanced? pls explain.

It's a DoT so it's actually quite easy to outheal, and as a medium armor wearer I'd rather get hit by Sloads than any of the other proc sets I mentioned since it's difficult to recover from the 4k burst damage from Skoria or the 7400 burst damage from Caluurion, and if you get hit by Zaan you're as good as dead unless the user is a complete potato. The only advantage you have by using Sloads is that it allows you to damage the health of shield stackers, and it pulls cloaking Nightblades out of stealth.

A set like Sloads was needed since most of the sets added to this game have been anti-medium armor. It's nice that the shield stacking sorcs can actually get affected by a proc set for once rather than just medium armor wearers constantly getting picked on.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

lol nah, sloads is definitely the broken thing, given that calruuin and skoria are both way weaker compare to sloads, zaan idk, i have never been hit by zaan, i dont use it either

but again, you are supporting sloads because you use it to wreck ppl and these other sets clearly are a pain to use

where as sloads is a pain to EVERYONE
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

lol nah, sloads is definitely the broken thing, given that calruuin and skoria are both way weaker compare to sloads, zaan idk, i have never been hit by zaan, i dont use it either

but again, you are supporting sloads because you use it to wreck ppl and these other sets clearly are a pain to use

Nah, on the contrary Sloads is the weakest of all the ones I mentioned. I encourage everyone to use it since it will only increase my survivability.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

Nah, on the contrary Sloads is the weakest of all the ones I mentioned. I encourage everyone to use it since it will only increase my survivability.

to YOU, YOUR survivability

and no caluurion its you for 593 ish with mitigation, in the same time frame as sloads, in its own 10 sec time frame thats less, skoria hits no were near caluurion
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    You can outheal sloads. Its no different than another dot. People just crying lol. Sorcs especially....

hutch coming in with the wisdom I said the same. People want to complain

Yeah dude it's nothing crazy. People just wanna cry lol. Omg I gotta slot heals now instead of multiple shield stacking? What I gotta heal and can't just cloak and stealth away??? Lmao honestly sloads fixes broken mechanics i.e. shield stack and cloak. I love it.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

If you've never been hit by zaan then you don't have much room to make comments on pvp sets lol.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

to YOU, YOUR survivability

and no caluurion its you for 593 ish with mitigation, in the same time frame as sloads, in its own 10 sec time frame thats less, skoria hits no were near caluurion

Yes correct, just like to you the other proc sets aren't as damaging as Sloads. That's what makes it balanced. Why should your play style get a pass while mine continuously gets dumped on. Also my mitigation is 24k, and Caluurion does between 5.9k to 7.4k depending on the user. And this is burst damage which is very important in PvP. Whereas Sloads is 5.7k over 7 seconds.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

If you've never been hit by zaan then you don't have much room to make comments on pvp sets lol.

I'd rather get hit by any ultimate in the game than get hit by Zaan. That's how broken that proc set is. To me, Sloads is just another bleed which I'm already used to.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

It's true..most of the people I fought that switched to Sloads turned weaker. A lot of them are switching back to their original builds...that's in CP of course. There still is a zerg running with that set in Cyrodil, but I've got away quite easily many times.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

I'd rather get hit by any ultimate in the game than get hit by Zaan. That's how broken that proc set is. To me, Sloads is just another bleed which I'm already used to.

Really? You enjoy zaan over meteor rune cage combos? L2p? just get out of range of zaan? Versus oh wAit there Is no escape from rune cage meteor combo...
    Edited by LegacyDM on June 2, 2018 4:57AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Sloads is the L2P issue.

Really? You enjoy zaan over meteor rune cage combos? L2p? just get out of range of zaan? Versus oh wAit there Is no escape from rune cage meteor combo...

Zaan + Rune cage > Meteor + Rune cage

The difference is that you wait 2 seconds after Zaan procs before you CC in order to guarantee the stronger portion of the proc.

Sorcs shouldn't be running Zaan though. It doesn't play to their strengths.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

The difference is that you wait 2 seconds after Zaan procs before you CC in order to guarantee the stronger portion of the proc.

Zaan happens so infrequently because one can get out range with escapes. + your example isn’t relevant since most sorcs aren’t running zaan either. I get killed by more rune cages and meteors than zaan. If I get killed by zaan it’s becsuse I wasn’t paying attention and that’s on me.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sloads is the L2P issue.

Zaan happens so infrequently because one can get out range with escapes. + your example isn’t relevant since most sorcs aren’t running zaan either. I get killed by more rune cages and meteors than zaan. If I get killed by zaan it’s becsuse I wasn’t paying attention and that’s on me.

Sorcs and cloaking Nightblades are the only two opponents that can reliably escape Zaan. And would you look at that? Turns out those are the two that are most affected by Sloads. I'm glad they brought in a set to help balance that out.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »
    Just take a look on the others, the whole variety of sets we can choose of.
    You will find enough sets whcih you can counter many others effects.
    Just a simple example:
    I use 5 x shacklebreaker/5 x wyrd tree/ 2 x monster set
    I am OP.
    Because I have great sustain, meaning NEVER running out of resources AND I almost always cleanse 5 negative effects.
    YES: I cleanse the evil SLOADs as well.
    Just take a few looks besides the metas and BiS due to all respect to the work of @Alcast and others who promote their builds.
    Find your OWN set and play and build around it and feel comfortable, because whining in forums is sooo meh...

I lolled when I read you use wyrds ty for that :)
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In battlegrounds, I keep getting overwhelmed by multiple stacks(I've had 4 stacks of Sload ticking on me and couldn't out heal it as a magicka templar). I hope zos removes it's ability to stack, or nerfs it significantly... Many groups of people are all wearing the set and dominated in every way... I'm afraid of what Cyrodil looks like. For now, keep purge or the ritual ability slotted.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In battlegrounds, I keep getting overwhelmed by multiple stacks(I've had 4 stacks of Sload ticking on me and couldn't out heal it as a magicka templar). I hope zos removes it's ability to stack, or nerfs it significantly... Many groups of people are all wearing the set and dominated in every way... I'm afraid of what Cyrodil looks like. For now, keep purge or the ritual ability slotted.

its not fair that some builds can survive groups attacking them. so for me, this is a step in the right direction seeing it now that all of us can have fun and join in the PvP instead of just 1 person killing everyone in just a few seconds.
    if you go out and fight a group then you should not be able to survive it.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 2, 2018 5:48AM
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its not fair that some builds can survive groups attacking them. so for me, this is a step in the right direction seeing it now that all of us can have fun and join in the PvP instead of just 1 person killing everyone in just a few seconds.

I feel that's more of a learn to play issue... The guy surviving in group fights sacrifices damage to have defensive sets and abilities slotted, so they have a harder time getting kills because of few or no damage sets... While those fighting them go full on glass cannon, and have no defensive sets or abilities slotted, so they die easy. Defense is the better offense in this game.

I still stand by the popular opinion, sload's is broken.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel that's more of a learn to play issue... The guy surviving in group fights sacrifices damage to have defensive sets and abilities slotted, so they have a harder time getting kills because of few or no damage sets... While those fighting them go full on glass cannon, and have no defensive sets or abilities slotted, so they die easy. Defense is the better offense in this game.

thats not the case im talking about.
    what i am refering to is the people who have massive defences and massive damage and use every exploit possible and dominate entire zergs and small groups and no one has a chance to play.

has nothing to do with "learn to play" what it has to do with is people that destroyed pvp by teaching others about exploits and cheats and over powered things like shield stacking and the ability to launch 3 Heavy attacks in 1 second and junk like that.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and i still stand by the popular opinion that sloads is fun and fun watch
    and allows everyone a chance to join in the pvp and have fun instead of just a very small elite group.

• Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats not the case im talking about.
    what i am refering to is the people who have massive defences and massive damage and use every exploit possible and dominate entire zergs and small groups and no one has a chance to play.

has nothing to do with "learn to play" what it has to do with is people that destroyed pvp by teaching others about exploits and cheats and over powered things like shield stacking and the ability to launch 3 Heavy attacks in 1 second and junk like that.

"every exploit possible", wouldn't really call it an exploit if you're just putting complementary skills with like armor sets... That's kinda what everyone does, and what the devs intended. Again I feel this is more of a learn to play issue.

I've never heard of or seen someone launch 3 heavy attacks at once, and I don't think shield stacking is overpowered... It burns through resources, especially after the morrowind update.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikegundy wrote: »

How is sloads balanced? pls explain.

How's it not like any other dot, besides that it goes through shields? Explain.

That’s not the issue. Issue is getting hit with multiple sload procs by multiple people at same time. Plenty of forum pics of people’s death recap showing nothIng but sloads. It’s getting rediculuous.

Non Sequitur. When you get hit by multiple people your going to get hit with multiple effects. That's kind of what happens when there's multiple people. It could be using a multitude of different sets that do damage and some with more burst. Just as the sorc community was crying about shield breaker and Oblivion damage glyphs, they're going to cry about this. HOPEFULLY ZOS doesn't cave to the insensate drone from the forums relegating yet another armor set to the trash heap.

But hey. I'm for anything that allows for a little more pressure to be put on some of the cancer builds. It's a pressure put on everyone equally. I mean if you think about it Oblivion damage is the most unbiased damage source there is in the game. Hit's everyone equally. Ya, I think it needs to stay. In fact maybe it needs a buff.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is not that bad, just use a templar an purge, same goes for pressure builds.

Zaan is not that bad either, just use a nightblade and cloak.

- So sets like that forces u to play specific classes to survive them, if not you will die no matter what, but its okay, the pve players says its all balanced, so we are all good its just a l2p issue :-)

This discussion has been closed.