Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noo need to nerf Sloads or others

TarrNokk
TarrNokk
✭✭✭✭
Just take a look on the others, the whole variety of sets we can choose of.
You will find enough sets whcih you can counter many others effects.
Just a simple example:
I use 5 x shacklebreaker/5 x wyrd tree/ 2 x monster set
I am OP.
Because I have great sustain, meaning NEVER running out of resources AND I almost always cleanse 5 negative effects.
YES: I cleanse the evil SLOADs as well.
Just take a few looks besides the metas and BiS due to all respect to the work of @Alcast and others who promote their builds.
Find your OWN set and play and build around it and feel comfortable, because whining in forums is sooo meh...
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2bfo4m.jpg
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »
    Just take a look on the others, the whole variety of sets we can choose of.
    You will find enough sets whcih you can counter many others effects.
    Just a simple example:
    I use 5 x shacklebreaker/5 x wyrd tree/ 2 x monster set
    I am OP.
    Because I have great sustain, meaning NEVER running out of resources AND I almost always cleanse 5 negative effects.
    YES: I cleanse the evil SLOADs as well.
    Just take a few looks besides the metas and BiS due to all respect to the work of @Alcast and others who promote their builds.
    Find your OWN set and play and build around it and feel comfortable, because whining in forums is sooo meh...

well said.
    you know, when those weapon ultimates came out people were all saying the same thing about how overpowered they were and yeah they still are overpowered, just like that fire staff ultimate.
    if you cant move out of the way you die kinda fast.
    this sload set and other sets like Zaan are no different, it just happens to be that sloads is fresh out of the box, but if you compare it to everything else just like you said, their all pretty much the same.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no, why should ppl have to slot an entirely different set to counter 1 set?

this alone proves that sloads is broken

STOP DEFENDING A BROKE SET JUST BECAUSE IT HELPS YOU

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyrd tree is selective. What happens when you cleanse one negative effect wasting your entire 15 second refresh and usecase for multiple negative effects that actually hurt you? What happens when you get pounded by sloads during your wyrd tree cool down?

Yeah no. Not a great option. My damage output would go down the toilet if I was forced to put on wyrd tree to counter 1 set that does oblivion damage.

Highly doubt your op from wearing shacklebreaker and wyrd tree.
    Edited by LegacyDM on June 1, 2018 6:01PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. There is no reason to nerf Sloads. Now it makes every class experience how it feels to pvp as Stam DK
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TarrNokk

What do you actually kill with your OP build though? Of course everyone can run mitigation sets and just zerg to get the missing offense. If you don’t like to Xv1 other players or playing a tank then there’s a problem.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just go to the other million threads about sloads ffs
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need to nerf sloads, the set is clearly broken, nothing to see here.

Yes I'm using sload, but it's not op I'm gimping myself.

^ The logic of every person attempting to defend Sload.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

Stop attacking a balanced set because it kills you.

If they nerf Sloads then I want Zaan, Skoria, and Caluurion nerfed to the ground as well. If they did this I could care less if they nerf Sloads. Medium armor has gotten consistently screwed by these proc sets then they introduce a new one that can actually do something against damage shield users and it's the end of the world.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfs are bad. Say No to nerfs.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerfs are bad. Say No to nerfs.

I agree. Buff Sloads! Make it do double damage to vampires
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

If they nerf Sloads then I want Zaan, Skoria, and Caluurion nerfed to the ground as well. If they did this I could care less if they nerf Sloads. Medium armor has gotten consistently screwed by these proc sets then they introduce a new one that can actually do something against damage shield users and it's the end of the world.

first skoria is fine, it deals maybe a few 1000 damage and ya go ahead nerf caluurion and zann

2 this set is not in any way balanced the hundreds of players telling is not balanced speak for it
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭

Sloads is OP, the others are L2P issues for you, and LOL nerf Skoria? Dude.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage that cannot be mitigated isn't great in games like this where people actually build their character to be in a range from tank to glass cannon. It defeats the purpose of being anything other than glass cannon, except punishes you for wasting effort into putting anything into defense.

It also goes against (as does some of the other procs they've added last couple patches) the nerfs they made to older proc sets in the past and pretty much just offers new versions of those old proc sets.

So the whole concept IMO doesn't make much sense.

If the goal is to turn pvp into a FPS style game where first person to see and "fire" at the other person = win, then I guess more power to them, they are on the right track. Those are certainly popular games, but I got tired of them long ago and not what I'm after personally.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol NO!

Those other sets are just fine, and perfectly mitigateable. Sloads is completely unavoidable and stupid.

This is a typical perfect example of a sload user. Can't play the game without it at all..
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 1, 2018 9:56PM
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always fascinated by people who call for nerfs to anything as it shows a remarkable... I don't know how to describe this easily, but I suppose it can be attributed to a lack of awareness and empathy, in a way. It's really eye-opening when you begin to pay attention to it.

The Healthy Mindset:

- This affects me, I don't like it.
    - Hm. Does this involve other people?
    - I should see how it affects other people.
    - Would complaining about this ruin things for other people?
    - Time to do some research!

And then the deviation:

- No, looks like it wouldn't hurt anyone.
    - Okay, I can complain about this and I'll actually be helping people.

Or:

- This affects other people.
    - Hm, even though it's bad for me it's beneficial to others.
    - Which is the largest group of people and how are they affected?

Which then leads to another:

- I'm not a part of the largest group of people.
    - I should just shut up and stick it out, then.
    - I shouldn't expect to be entitled to special treatment (why would I expect that, for what reason?).

Or:

- I'm a part of the bigger group.
    - How much? By a lot. This is something that affects a lot of people to suit the minority.
    - The greater good is served by changing this to fit the majority.
    - I should complain about this.

The Toxic Mindset:

- This affects me.
    - I guess it might affect other people.
    - I don't care about them, they're not important.
    - It doesn't matter even if I am the minority.
    - I'm entitled to special treatment (for whatever arbitrary reason).
    - I should complain and get this fixed, for me.

The obvious problem here is in the toxic mindset that doesn't consider how people do things. How would a nerf to Sload's affect PvE players who use it for a flavour build? How would it affect PvPers who don't min/max but use it for fun as part of a flavour build? The toxic mindset doesn't even consider possibilities like this, the toxic mind is 'me me me me me me me.'

The same is true with defending things in the game which benefit the toxic person. They just don't consider other people, or whether even they'd be ruining the game for a lot more people to suit a lot less people.

Before complaining and demanding nerfs, you need to understand how this affects everyone.

Otherwise? Well...

• Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take at look at this way.

Why would I equip magelight just to counter NBs e.g. why would I equip x skill just to counter x class, why would I use certain potion just to counter x class. To only look at one side is beyond ridiculous. There are a lot of bigger fish to fry.
    Edited by Perwulf on June 1, 2018 10:02PM
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make oblivion damage the same as malevolent offering if you place it on someone you get it too
    and again alone its *** just like any other set in this game, pair it with another set add in no CP bgs and even sload user will hit their keyboard (I use it myself but its a boring set after a few rounds)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ravenarc wrote: »

Take at look at this way.

Why would I equip magelight just to counter NBs e.g. why would I equip x skill just to counter x class, why would I use certain potion just to counter x class. To only look at one side is beyond ridiculous. There are a lot of bigger fish to fry.

Yeah but there are limits and you are comparing apples to oranges. So everyone should play either s healbot templar or as a heavy armor tank and use defensive sets to stop stop 1 OP set? That’s a pretty boring play style, especially if everyone plays that way as the only counter to that proc set.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »

Skoria has no visual cue, unlike all the other proc sets (e.g. Selene's) that got nerfed.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to nerf anything. Just make the all the set procs not happen in PVP.
    Leave the procs for pve.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »

Skoria has no visual cue, unlike all the other proc sets (e.g. Selene's) that got nerfed.

You don’t need a visual cue. You can hear it coming a mile away. Also, if your quick enough you can see the flames coming down above your head and still have time to block.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Amoureros
    Amoureros
    ✭✭✭
    Sload is only powerful to glass cannon squishy build. I've been hit by Sload and it doesn't even scratched me. It does 600dps in medium, long fight.
    Edited by Amoureros on June 2, 2018 12:04AM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can outheal sloads. Its no different than another dot. People just crying lol. Sorcs especially....
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭

How is sloads balanced? pls explain.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikegundy wrote: »

How's it not like any other dot, besides that it goes through shields? Explain.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2bfo4m.jpg

PkbKxQS.jpg
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amoureros wrote: »
    Sload is only powerful to glass cannon squishy build. I've been hit by Sload and it doesn't even scratched me. It does 600dps in medium, long fight.
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    You can outheal sloads. Its no different than another dot. People just crying lol. Sorcs especially....

Not when multiple people are running sloads and you get hit with several different procs all at once. You guys are assuming this is occurring in a 1v1 or only 1 person in a group is running it. BGs right now are filled with sloads and cyrodil pvp is no better with the amount of sloads going off in group pvp. It’s not balanced nor healthy game play. If they made it so you could only be affected by 1 sload proc at a time I might agree with you. But it’s getting out of hand.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    mikegundy wrote: »

How's it not like any other dot, besides that it goes through shields? Explain.

That’s not the issue. Issue is getting hit with multiple sload procs by multiple people at same time. Plenty of forum pics of people’s death recap showing nothIng but sloads. It’s getting rediculuous.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amoureros wrote: »

clearly your lying or have 0 clue cuz it does 853 to EVERYONE
This discussion has been closed.