The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Twitch Drops & More Are Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online!"

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can @ZOS_GinaBruno or anyone else answer this.

If you can't physically watch the stream live but watch the replay can you still get twitch drops?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently got 3 for watching for 10 secs
  • Dracolany
    Dracolany
    Soul Shriven
    I have been watching streams for the last 3 days to no avail. Still not a single drop.
    I don't know if there's something wrong on my end, what i did:

- Link ESO with Twitch. Check they are connected. Same email on both.
    - Make sure i have drops notification enabled on twitch settings.
    - Watch a few streams for hours, the ones that have the green "drops enabled!" under the video. The streams were live, sound on and not paused.
    - Seeing i didn't get any drop, i unlinked and linked again the accounts to make sure everything was correct.
    - Watch more twitch streams.
    - Created a Bethesda account and linked it to Twitch as well.

Still nothing. I didn't make any purchase and i play on Steam, does it affect it somehow?

Edit: typo.
    Edited by Dracolany on May 26, 2018 7:58AM
  • Kyra
    Kyra
    Soul Shriven
    Account is connected, watched several streams including the official one yesterday and not a single drop...
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracolany wrote: »
    I have been watching streams for the last 3 days to no avail. Still not a single drop.
    I don't know if there's something wrong on my end, what i did:

- Link ESO with Twitch. Check they are connected. Same email on both.
    - Make sure i have drops notification enabled on twitch settings.
    - Watch a few streams for hours, the ones that have the green "drops enabled!" under the video. The streams were live, sound on and not paused.
    - Seeing i didn't get any drop, i unlinked and linked again the accounts to make sure everything was correct.
    - Created a Bethesda account and linked it to Twitch as well.

Still nothing. I didn't make any purchase and i play on Steam, does it affect it somehow?

Edit: typo.

I play through Steam (usually), I didn't buy anything through Twitch, but I got a crate.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, how do we get these on console? @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    so, how do we get these on console? @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

You don't, as of now. Maybe later.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do they work for console users?
    Is there is list of all drops?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    Do they work for console users?
    Is there is list of all drops?

Only for PC right now.
  • McJoker
    McJoker
    ✭✭
    The drops worked once. Watched an enabled stream on the evening of the 23rd (CET), received the "Elder Scrolls Online - Code Redemption" the afternoon of the 24th.

Hasn't worked since, and yes, I've done the disconnect/reconnect...I'm used to the procedure thanks to TESL.

I generally switch between ESO and TESL streams, staying on the ESO stream until it ends, on TESL streams until they drop. One stream at a time, simply because I don't care to have too many unnecessary tabs/windows open.

I'm one of your players that will never buy anything over twitch/Amazon, as I extremely seldom use Amazon (my wife handles any Amazon purchases for when I have no other choice). Just like I'll never sub on twitch. The main reason being that Amazon doesn't provide payment options I'm willing to use.

ESO and TESL are the only two multi-player games I care to play. the drops, should they finally work properly, are actually the main reason why I'm even on twitch, and their continuous issues are making them less worthwhile. Great marketing intentions, sub-par implementation. I tend to think it's on twitch/Amazon's side, but only the techs from ZOS, Dire Wolf, Bethesda and twitch really know that.

Anyhow, 4 days of viewing, 3 with 2-3 streams all the way to the end. 1 viewing drop (just ESO). Not what you're advertising, which leaves a bad impression with those joining through the twitch streams. Something to think about.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people are getting the wrong impressions from this.

This was not meant for you to hop in 10 streams for a minute each and nab 10 free crates. This is to garner more interest in ESO players to watch more streams and get people who never even knew was twitch was to log on their site and check it out. These people might enjoy a streamer and continue to come back to watch him/her in the future and possibly even subscribe to them to support them. It also increases viewership numbers on twitch which gives the game more exposure. You have to think big picture here. You're not guaranteed anything, it even says you have a chance to earn a crate from watching.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So freaking sick and tired or seeing crap that only favors pc/Mac players console players should have the same opportunity as pc players whoever's idea this was needs to be fired cause it's dumb
  • Abelon
    Abelon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watching 2 days straight now, different streamers and streams (in one window only, before someone starts jumping to conclusions). Nothing.

Before that I got 2 crates in one day. I am also wondering what is going on. Is the chance of getting those crates so abysmally low or did something break somewhere?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update for everyone. Following a conversation on Twitter with MissBizz and Shimmer it seems that there is an event going on and handouts will be done Tuesday 28th with maintenance.

Full conversation for those interested in what was said.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • McJoker
    McJoker
    ✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    You people are getting the wrong impressions from this.

This was not meant for you to hop in 10 streams for a minute each and nab 10 free crates. This is to garner more interest in ESO players to watch more streams and get people who never even knew was twitch was to log on their site and check it out. These people might enjoy a streamer and continue to come back to watch him/her in the future and possibly even subscribe to them to support them. It also increases viewership numbers on twitch which gives the game more exposure. You have to think big picture here. You're not guaranteed anything, it even says you have a chance to earn a crate from watching.

You are right about the announcement stating one has a chance. Should that remain that way, then I'll unlink my accounts and cancel my follows, because it would be of no use to me.

As to expecting multiple crates for multiple streams...no, I never have nor never will expect that. I figured more along the lines of getting a crate within watching however many streams within a 24-hour time period. As a side-note, there are a decent amount of viewers that are getting the drops daily...so the results are kind of counter-intuitive with the intentions.

I saw the action as an opportunity to promote good, informative streamers that represent the community within twitch, similar to how it's being attempted with TESL. The way everything is unfolding, it doesn't really seem to be the case. Instead, we have an influx of a variety of streamers, both good and bad, that currently have higher numbers, which will drop drastically if not more clarification is brought into how ZOS/Bethesda expect this to work.

Besides the fact that I don't use Amazon unless absolutely necessary, I prefer buying what little I do through the ESO store, because it's more cost-effective. The mark-up for emotes, possible bits (don't use them, so don't need them) and a crate is simply not worth it. Yeah, military and state department community members overseas get stuck with the mark-up. Less reason to support.
  • Cowkiller
    Cowkiller
    ✭✭
    the drop from watching streamers come out on tuesday after 10 am the eso live stream and the streamers crown packs and sub packs can get delayed 2-3 hrs after buying them but the crates do get delivered

and its random on the streamers crates you must be weatching the streams not away status

Gina Bruno

@GinaLBruno
    May 26

Drops will go out Tuesday morning
    Edited by Cowkiller on May 29, 2018 4:05AM
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's strange to hear from some guys that they are getting at least 1 crate per day when you and your buddies are not. Is that lies or magic of random? But now I'm worried about one thing I don't understand: when I had watched an official stream in 25th the Bethesda channel sended to my twitch account a private message with some kind of code (it has a different format than code for crates). I don't know what is this or for what this code. Any ideas?
    Edited by Ekzorka on May 29, 2018 9:03AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowkiller wrote: »
    the drop from watching streamers come out on tuesday after 10 am the eso live stream and the streamers crown packs and sub packs can get delayed 2-3 hrs after buying them but the crates do get delivered

and its random on the streamers crates you must be weatching the streams not away status
    Really? Because having two screens, actively playing ESO and watching a stream at the same time will mark me away unless I tab and click the stream volume up or down every 5mins.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    I must say, that even though the crates themselves are terribly underwhelming in content, I did discover and started following two new streamers because of this event.

So kudos for that! :)
  • Forgebreaker
    Forgebreaker
    ✭✭
    So today I purchased a PC, and a copy of Summerset to claim these Twitch Crates.
    Only after purchasing a PC copy of the game was I able to link my Twitch Account to my ESO Account, and I've not been given any crates.
    Am I correct in assuming that the Crates earned during the event were lost because I've only just been able to link my Account?
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    So today I purchased a PC, and a copy of Summerset to claim these Twitch Crates.
    Only after purchasing a PC copy of the game was I able to link my Twitch Account to my ESO Account, and I've not been given any crates.
    Am I correct in assuming that the Crates earned during the event were lost because I've only just been able to link my Account?

You have to have a linked account during the event to get the drops, which will be received at the end of the event. Because you didn't have a linked account during the event, you'll not get any crates.
    Edited by Kybotica on May 30, 2018 1:27PM
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Forgebreaker
    Forgebreaker
    ✭✭
    Feared as much, on my phone it was saying that the crates were available without elaborating. Guess I'll be ready for next time.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got Senche cub of scarlet regret. Feelsamazingman
    wjbi55499l2d.png
    ym289m9v165l.png
    Its not scammaz, better luck next time!
    Edited by evoniee on May 30, 2018 11:24PM
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, nice. I want the mount so bad!
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    So freaking sick and tired or seeing crap that only favors pc/Mac players console players should have the same opportunity as pc players whoever's idea this was needs to be fired cause it's dumb

Nonsense. Why should they?
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    Got Senche cub of scarlet regret. Feelsamazingman
    wjbi55499l2d.png
    ym289m9v165l.png
    Its not scammaz, better luck next time!

Grats man :)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bam_Bam wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »

Nonsense. Why should they?

Well they don't have to, but it would certainly make sense if they did. Why alienate over half of your player base with rewards that only benefit one platform when we've all payed money for this game? Some PC/Mac players say the rewards are horrible so why even bother to care? Well, these rewards can be converted to crown gems which can then be used for items people actually want in the game. Makes no sense to offer only a portion of your gaming community to have a chance at these rewards.
    I'm certain this game is only still thriving as it is with the help of funds from the console players. Would the community be as large if it was still only on PC/Mac? It would be a shame that these petty business moves is what drives the console community out. I know some will feel this isn't a big issue, but keep this kind of stuff going and you're going to end up with players wondering why they should pay money for this game when their platform is excluded from content that others receive for paying the same amount.

The question isn't "why should they?"....it's "why wouldn't they?"
  • johnlg3b14_ESO
    johnlg3b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So, I linked my accounts per the instructions, and received nothing...
    Now, I really enjoyed the presentation, and have already made some pre-orders based on what I saw, however, I am feeling a bit screwed right now as I've watched similar presentations through twitch for drops and actually received something...
    It seems there was some new step to get "credit" for watching????? What gives Bethesda, why did you make this difficult? Blizzard didn't do that for StarCraft drops. Warframe didn't do this for drops. Need I go on? What is the problem?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the problem?

Twitch reports user data to Bethesda, Bethesda reports that data to ZOS, ZOS customer service credits qualifying account.
    Due to the popularity of the event, it could take until Friday to generate and deliver rewards to every account.

Just kick back and wait for a "Elder Scrolls Online - Code Redemption" email.
    signing off
  • Elena27
    Elena27
    Soul Shriven
    Are the drops over? I haven't seen the icon over the Elder scrolls online game that looks like a little present in weeks. And none of the Streamers are putting on there streams that they have drops. Was this ended without us being told?
    Elena