The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Summerset is utterly disgusting!

• Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    What can I say? Lets just agree to disagree on this.
  • AnomanderisPurake
    Allanm wrote: »

Trust me, I come from a country that continued to run a trial for 11 years on a massacre that a 17 year old terrorist carried out in an airport. There was a video of him shooting people with an automatic gun and the court continued to discuss and debate.

Justice when delayed is not justice at all...
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust me, I come from a country that continued to run a trial for 11 years on a massacre that a 17 year old terrorist carried out in an airport. There was a video of him shooting people with an automatic gun and the court continued to discuss and debate.

What the *** are we even talking about anymore?
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »

How disappointing Summerset is :D
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically in ESO, unless you're short and stuck in a tree, if you're an elf you're people are evil, and everyone else is worried you're going to do horrible things to them...

Dunmer vs. Altmer… it's basically a race to the moral bottom.
    Jah bless
    PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
    Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.
  • AnomanderisPurake

We were not complaining about Summerset, rather, the moral conduct of the Altmer, their philosophy and if it is evil and condemning to a certain section of society. Altmer caste systems and rigid hierarchy and Veloth's exodus was the topic... Did you think this was one of those threads where people were moaning about the new expansion(Which by the way is a visual treat, great work by Zenimax)?
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We were not complaining about Summerset, rather, the moral conduct of the Altmer, their philosophy and if it is evil and condemning to a certain section of society. Altmer caste systems and rigid hierarchy and Veloth's exodus was the topic... Did you think this was one of those threads where people were moaning about the new expansion(Which by the way is a visual treat, great work by Zenimax)?

Uhh not sure what a lot of this post has to do with anything but okay... I was wondering why we were bringing up terrorists and airports. It was just shocking / kind of hilarious to come back to that.

Glad you’re enjoying the expansion though.
    Edited by psychotrip on May 23, 2018 1:39PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kichwas wrote: »
    Basically in ESO, unless you're short and stuck in a tree, if you're an elf you're people are evil, and everyone else is worried you're going to do horrible things to them...

Dunmer vs. Altmer… it's basically a race to the moral bottom.

Considering that bosmeri culture features plenty of inter and intraracial cannibalism i think its quite reasonable to exclude the "unless you're short and stuck in a tree" part from your statement.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Kind of of a double standard there seeing as Dunmer are arguably the most prevalent slavers in ESO lol

we, the Ashlanders, we worship Azura, not the false Gods nor the Tribunal!
    and we don´t have slaves.

The ashlanders are pretty weak

What are they compared to everyone else?

The great houses have far greater accomplishments and prestige in Tamriel with their advancements and power that even the Empire Feared them in Talo's time

They just happen to be morally misguided as slavers. Which sucks, because other than that, they would be my favorite

Strength and accomplishment isn’t a justification for an evil society. Besides, the fact that they keep slaves to do everything for them makes it pretty easy to dedicate their time to accumulating “prestige.”

Also... “‘morally misguided” doesn’t begin to cover the mentality of a society of slavers.
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    @Casowen: Let's also not forget how the spelling of "Summerset Isles", and even whether it was "Isles" or just simply "Isle", changes with each new TES game (it was "Summurset Isle in Arena, Sumurset Isle in Daggerfall, Summerset Isle in TES3-5, and, of course, Summerset Isles here, in ESO).
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't go overboard guys. And psychotrip i understand you have been wounded and disapponted but try to relax a bit. A game can't show every little aspect. Eg Firsthold has a system of crystal lasers protecting it. That's pretty advanced. And Sea Keep has a system of magic defenses that's pretty powerful. Altmer ride on gryphons. There are magic animals hopping around teleporting it's still pretty magical.

And altmer buildings are shiny with marble . Breton castles are grimy and filthy. Only the white gold tower is as shiny and that's is a whole magical artefact itself.

I mean, you are right to demand more and lore accurate stuff, but ar the same time give them a break. It's just an MMO after all and focus is on many things at the same time
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"