The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Odds of old mounts returning?

Rinira
Rinira
✭✭
So I left the game for some time and I know they have limited time cash shop items but what are the odds of old limited mounts and pets returning? I was looking at the Shadowghost Guar and oh goodness it's amazing.. I had gotten the albino guar some time ago but I wouldn't mind adding the Shadowghost Guar to my collection if ever given the chance. I was mainly asking as I notice it seemed to be in the shop around a holiday? I think?
Tangled-in-Strings - PC/NA @Rosekitten | "What would you attempt if you could not fail?" | Love for all Factions but Ebonheart Pact is my home.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    Submit ticket and ask to purchase....they won't turn down your money.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

They will turn it down up front, and instead tell you

"Well, maybe we will add these mounts in crown crates where you have a chance to get them!"
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    I've never heard of submitting a ticket to ask to purchase a past limited item.. if it worked I'm sure people would do it though heh..

That is sort of my fear is that it'll be in a crown crate.. =/ I have the funds to straight up buy a mount or pet I like but to toss out some absurd amount of cash to rng maybe get the thing I wanted? I have two kids heh gaming is my hobby and not something I'm looking to spend as much as I do in bills on. >-<
    Tangled-in-Strings - PC/NA @Rosekitten | "What would you attempt if you could not fail?" | Love for all Factions but Ebonheart Pact is my home.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They might just say no if you put in a ticket, but it can’t hurt to ask.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    I have done it...they don't say no. You can also gift things to others via the "concierge program". Submit a ticket and ask for Mykael because he seems to be the guy who deals with it specifically and some other CSR's seem out of the loop. The catch is that there are no crown to gem conversions AND if you don't have the crowns or the gems on your account for them to remove, you can't have the item. So any crown item can be purchased, any gem item can be purchased as long as you have the gems, no radiant apex things can be purchased. This also applies to houses...A friend did this to get the mansion in Gold Coast. Try it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/363871/concierge-service/p1
    Edited by Soul_Marrow on April 25, 2018 3:06PM
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    I don't have the crowns at the moment and my husband and I are probably going to be buying the collection edition (that's 160 $ right there).

So maybe in a month or two I can look into getting more crowns and seeing if I can get the guar I want. I have most of them as it is but I just love them .. <3
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done it...they don't say no. You can also gift things to others via the "concierge program". Submit a ticket and ask for Mykael because he seems to be the guy who deals with it specifically and some other CSR's seem out of the loop. The catch is that there are no crown to gem conversions AND if you don't have the crowns or the gems on your account for them to remove, you can't have the item. So any crown item can be purchased, any gem item can be purchased as long as you have the gems, no radiant apex things can be purchased. This also applies to houses...A friend did this to get the mansion in Gold Coast. Try it.

This sounds highly suspect. I don't doubt that you are telling the truth but that basically means that all these old items are completely off limits to players unless they go out of their way and badger ZOS to get them. It just feels wrong. If they are still technically available, why even remove them from the store or call them limited time to begin with?
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    Well once I get funds on my account I'll ask either way just to see. Worse they'll say is no. I'd just be happy if I was told they would eventually be in the shop again. As it stands I rarely see any of the shop items out in the world that were the limited time runs.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭

This sounds highly suspect. I don't doubt that you are telling the truth but that basically means that all these old items are completely off limits to players unless they go out of their way and badger ZOS to get them. It just feels wrong. If they are still technically available, why even remove them from the store or call them limited time to begin with?

Because marketing false scarcity sells things. If it sounds sketchy to you, so be it. That doesn't change the legitimacy or my willingness to use it from time to time as I have in the past.

Let me give you an example: Had a friend lose access to the game for a while due to personal reasons. They missed the Linchall Manor or whatever it's called. They submitted a ticket and asked if they could buy it because they really liked it, boom. Now they own the house and ZOS made 100+ easy dollars. It's simple.

Edit: Also, to the extent of my knowledge, the concierge program is a test phase for when they roll out gifting...in some form or another.
    Edited by Soul_Marrow on April 25, 2018 7:52PM
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    Rinira wrote: »
    Well once I get funds on my account I'll ask either way just to see. Worse they'll say is no. I'd just be happy if I was told they would eventually be in the shop again. As it stands I rarely see any of the shop items out in the world that were the limited time runs.

I wouldn't hold your breath about them being back in the shop. That is a marketing tactic and it works. Just enjoy being able to contact them and getting an old item you thought you had lost access to. They want to make money and you want to spend money on an item they have access to sell. Enjoy your mount. <3
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from exceptions and loopholes, if we're basing this on history, any items previously available in the crown store may become available again via crown crates, any collector's edition items may become available again on anniversaries of releases, and any crown crates from previous seasons may become available again, some time in the future. This is not a guarantee, but it is a possibility. So far, no crown crate items have been remade available, no loyalty reward items have been remade available, and no radiant apex rewards have been remade available, so it is unlikely that they will be in the future based on our current expectations. I also don't think I've seen rereleases of any timed exclusive player homes, but I don't remember for sure.

This all said, ZOS can do whatever the hell they want, really, so you never know what might get a rerelease.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a possibility the shadowghost mounts will be available again next October. Some of the seasonal items, like the zombie horse, have returned to the crown store during the appropriate season. But it's impossible to predict because they don't all come back.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    Well that is why I Was curious if they may return due to them seeming to fit a holiday spot so to speak? I need to learn to just log into most of the mmos i ever play or pick up to play from time to time during October as I seem to miss a lot of things, whatever reason my life tends to be super busy during this month every year.. x.x

I can at least hope the crate returns... as much as I HATE the rng crates the mini pet that matches the mount is fairly cheap so it wouldn't be too terrible I hope..
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    well finally got a reply back to my ticket haha

"It is not currently possible to purchase Crown Store items, such as pets, mounts, or costumes, which are no longer available on the Crown Store. These items might eventually find their way into a Crown Crate, or return on the anniversary of the event when they could have originally been purchased"

so maybe they use to do this but they stopped. Sort of a shame as I was pretty prepared to buy enough crowns for the mount. Oh well guess I save some money for now. Doubt I'll bother with it if it ends up in one of those crates to b honest, no matter how much I like the mount I hate rng boxes.
  • Lordstannis0620
    Thank you for keeping us posted. I for one, was curious if this was still being offered.
    All hail His Grace, Stannis of House Baratheon, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

PC NA
    Ebonheart Pact

• Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    Well that is why I figured I would post once i got a reply back, and for anyone curious the reply was from the suggested person to contact above in a previous post. So maybe at one point they did offer this but something tells me the crown crates put a large halt to the service. Maybe you could still get them to budge on offers like the houses and stuff but those cost way more to say the least.

*shrugs* oh well Maybe they'll release other stuff I'm interested in, I don't really spend all that much in the cash shop anyway due to the prices of things and the rng boxes heh.
  • KivakWolf
    KivakWolf
    ✭✭✭

Tried it, offered 10,000 crowns for the Karthwolf and they rejected it and said it was not possible to buy and maybe it or others will be available at some other time. That's a rejection of $100 (because I would have bought the $100 pack to do it). My guess is they may have done this at one time, but now have a policy to no longer do it. Ended up talking to two different people who both said no. So this is a big disappointment.

Good news for me is that the Karthwolf hasn't been in crown crates yet. There's hope for the future...
    Edited by KivakWolf on April 28, 2018 10:29PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an update, my boyfriend just contacted support with a similar query, requesting the chance to get Grand Topal Hideaway. The response they gave him is to load up his account with 15,000 crowns, and they would manually remove the 15k crowns and add GTH, minus any furnishings (including the ones that come default with the "unfurnished" version). High cost, but I mean, if you really want Grand Topal Hideaway... So it's still possible, it might just depend on a few factors, like if the item was in crown crates, or if your account was there during the original release of the item.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • KivakWolf
    KivakWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    As an update, my boyfriend just contacted support with a similar query, requesting the chance to get Grand Topal Hideaway. The response they gave him is to load up his account with 15,000 crowns, and they would manually remove the 15k crowns and add GTH, minus any furnishings (including the ones that come default with the "unfurnished" version). High cost, but I mean, if you really want Grand Topal Hideaway... So it's still possible, it might just depend on a few factors, like if the item was in crown crates, or if your account was there during the original release of the item.

Sounds like there is some kind of selective granting... they had no interest in even entertaining my request. :/
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    When the old mounts have returned I just say "not this time love" and turn them away!
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see the Doom Wolf come back to the store.

I understand it's marketing to make players pull out their wallets during certain periods, but I'd rather much prefer if the store was open 24/7 with all present and past items always available. These are not older hardware, just skins, which hardly ever get outdated.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the concept of having some mounts not returning, makes them more unique.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mykael allowed me to buy crown store items, as long as they were not crate exclusive items
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on May 21, 2018 3:54PM
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭

^This. I cannot confirm anything recently, but after the Doom Wolf fell off the crown store I was able to submit a ticket and purchase it.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Moltyr wrote: »

^This. I cannot confirm anything recently, but after the Doom Wolf fell off the crown store I was able to submit a ticket and purchase it.

if it's not a secret, how much did they ask for it?
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd buy those Atronach or Wild Hunt mounts in a heart beat..

Or this
    karthwolf-charger-icon.jpg

Wow
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    Some of you have been able to submit a ticket and purchase an item? Can you be specific about what category you submitted the ticket under and how you worded it? I've tried it before and was told in the response that the customer support team could not do things like that because they weren't Zenimax.

If they do it for some people and not others, that's strange. Or perhaps it depends on the item. I'd really like an old costume that I missed and hasn't come back. :/
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glenmorils wrote: »
    Some of you have been able to submit a ticket and purchase an item? Can you be specific about what category you submitted the ticket under and how you worded it? I've tried it before and was told in the response that the customer support team could not do things like that because they weren't Zenimax.

If they do it for some people and not others, that's strange. Or perhaps it depends on the item. I'd really like an old costume that I missed and hasn't come back. :/

It depends on if they were in crates or were just available for crowns, as far as I can tell, and you have to specifically go through ZOS support on the ESO site, not through something like Steam or Xbox or Playstation. I don't know any specifcs beyond that personally.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:00PM
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm waiting for the return of the blue sept-adder. I hope older items do come back eventually~!