The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: make the Outfit System available for subscribers

logarifmik
logarifmik
✭✭✭✭✭
Since devs chose to ignore criticism on high (to put it mildly) price of the outfit slots, I suggest us to step back a little and demand to make the Outfit System a part of the ESO Plus membership. By that I mean, that a subscriber could have an access to all outfit slots without buying them from the Crown Store. When subscription ends, player could still use previously created outfit, but can't make any changes, same restriction as for dyeing costumes. What are your thoughts on this, comrades?
EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a pretty good compromise considering they continuously ignore this issue.
  • Yigrok
    Yigrok
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, i would much rather add a few more slots to current subs, locking the outfit system behind a paywall would be a very bad move. Outfitting was so requests that it should be accessible by anyone.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Max. 400 Crowns per slot that is account-wide or 5 slots unlocked as part of a sub. Since the max. is 10 from what I learned the rest can still be purchased with Crowns for the price I mentioned earlier.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such an idea would not work like other aspects of ESO+.

I think it would be better if Zos implemented account wide unlocking of slots via crowns and overall had some cost reduction to make the system more obtainable.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not taking anything away from current players, and might actually incentivize more people to get ESO+. It's basically making outfit slots work just like the expansions already in the crown store: buy individually for permanent unlock, or get them as a bonus for ESO+ but only so long as you have an active subsctiption. I see nothing wrong with this idea.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Make all changes to outfits cost 0 gold for ESO+ members. It's just gold so ZOS won't lose anything and I doubt they would give us more slots.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    Make all changes to outfits cost 0 gold for ESO+ members. It's just gold so ZOS won't lose anything and I doubt they would give us more slots.
    Well, by taking this move they will encourage players to buy ESO Plus subscription, so I doubt, that they will lose much. Sure this fact need proper market analysis, but I don't think they can do any worse here. Also, I wonder if the recent questionable moves regarding Crown Store have something to do with the vacancy of monetization designer opened not long ago. Previous one was not good enough, eh?
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should add them to the crown crates! (Dives for cover) No seriously, they put all the other consumables in them so why not slots?

I also never see them becoming free to members unless it were something along the line of an extra slot per character.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should add them to the crown crates! (Dives for cover) No seriously, they put all the other consumables in them so why not slots?

I also never see them becoming free to members unless it were something along the line of an extra slot per character.

That is actually a pretty good idea. They have mount upgrades both in the Crown Store and in Crown Crates. Plus they seem to be pretty easy to come by in the crates. The same thing could apply to outfit slots in theory but I would have very low expectations for ZOS making them as common as the mount upgrade books.
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still support a far more radical solution - an ESO++. For people who can and wish to pay a-la-carte, the current system is fine. However, for some whales, the constant ask turns off what could be a lucrative stream.

Subscriptions work best because the payment on higher tiers is hardly even noticed, and often continues well after the individual has stopped using the service. ZOS should leverage that benefit here.

It provides a simple deal - access to everything, except chapters, for a price that ZOS undoubtedly has great data on. Say... $50-75/mo (although I think they could go much higher). Happily for ZOS - it's guaranteed income, which looks far better when the board sees the financials.

ESO+ definitely needs a buff too, but there's an opportunity here to make a deal that benefits both the customer willing to pay and ZOS. They should take it.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SO MUCH YESS
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still support a far more radical solution - an ESO++. For people who can and wish to pay a-la-carte, the current system is fine. However, for some whales, the constant ask turns off what could be a lucrative stream.

Subscriptions work best because the payment on higher tiers is hardly even noticed, and often continues well after the individual has stopped using the service. ZOS should leverage that benefit here.

It provides a simple deal - access to everything, except chapters, for a price that ZOS undoubtedly has great data on. Say... $50-75/mo (although I think they could go much higher). Happily for ZOS - it's guaranteed income, which looks far better when the board sees the financials.

ESO+ definitely needs a buff too, but there's an opportunity here to make a deal that benefits both the customer willing to pay and ZOS. They should take it.
    I fail to see why it is a good idea. For me personally even an ESO+ cost is way too much.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

I am a supporter of this idea from the very beginning, hence +1
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso plus should come with at least two to three outfit slots per toon.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm.eso plus and haven't even used the outfit system
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm.eso plus and haven't even used the outfit system
    Can you, please, explain your "nay" a little bit more? I'm not sure I get it.
    Edited by logarifmik on June 1, 2018 11:35PM