The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The State of AvAvA in PC NA (Vivec primarily)

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    The average EP player and even PUG often does the right thing without having to be told. Whether it's repairing walls the moment they become eligible, keeping breeches tagged, putting down the correct type of siege, replacing forward camps, it's almost like they have taken a course in how to play ESO.

This. EP always just seem to know what to do even if not organized. Not the case at all with AD and I bet with DC as well.

Also @SwampRaider folks have noticed GoD's improvement.

IL has gotten a lot better too over time.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dyride wrote: »
    Also there is no way that Drac / IVS / Omni could ever run small-man quartet, cause they are all mindless choral singers.

All they ever do is stack on the conductor and sing one note over and over again.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    barshemm wrote: »
    I don't think more ball groups farming AP in a tower or keep is what AvAvA needs to be healthy.

Yeah, because Omni, Dracarys and Invictus have never helped the map by fighting for keeps, retaking lost objectives, rushing to the defense of something that's under siege, or cleared out each other from home keeps to free up the rest of the faction to do things other than get farmed or whine in zone chat.

/s

That's right. Because when we're all on at the same time, we get into the same Teamspeak and sing kumbayah and hold hands.

There couldn't possibly be any desire to one up or improve upon another one of these top guilds. ;)

inb4 Invictus vs Omni vs Dracarys Barbershop Quartet sing-off competition

I'm sure you're well aware of this, but us in GoD like to be in skeleton polymorph all the time. So we have naturally evolved into a quartet group called SkeleTONEZ. Prepare to be decimated by our voice boxes!

There have been a few groups that run the skeleton polymorph. I personally ran it just because I hate to farm motifs.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Dyride wrote: »
    Also there is no way that Drac / IVS / Omni could ever run small-man quartet, cause they are all mindless choral singers.

All they ever do is stack on the conductor and sing one note over and over again.

Marginal Trash Singers, all of them.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, if I was AD, I'd do whatever it took to keep that corridor open and busy most days. (Chalman blue? Flag Aleswell / take Bleakers -- reverse if Aleswell red) That'd keep a lot of pressure off Roe and Alessia. Aleswell or Chalman flipping should be a red flag to go help restart that stalemate.
    If someone is concerned about the campaign score, that depends on a few factors like which faction is ahead and where the pressure currently is.

IMO, the pressure should be on whichever faction is strongest. EP has been running away with it lately, so if DC has Chalman and is pressuring EP, organized AD groups should also pressure EP.

If an AD group does take Aleswell or Bleaker's in this scenario, DC groups will typically have it in their minds to 'punish' AD and push south after recovering what it is they've lost. EP groups don't usually need an excuse to push AD.

I've been in that AD group at Bleaker's many times and when we were successful, it was never good for the rest of AD.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    TBH, if I was AD, I'd do whatever it took to keep that corridor open and busy most days. (Chalman blue? Flag Aleswell / take Bleakers -- reverse if Aleswell red) That'd keep a lot of pressure off Roe and Alessia. Aleswell or Chalman flipping should be a red flag to go help restart that stalemate.
    If someone is concerned about the campaign score, that depends on a few factors like which faction is ahead and where the pressure currently is.

IMO, the pressure should be on whichever faction is strongest. EP has been running away with it lately, so if DC has Chalman and is pressuring EP, organized AD groups should also pressure EP.

If an AD group does take Aleswell or Bleaker's in this scenario, DC groups will typically have it in their minds to 'punish' AD and push south after recovering what it is they've lost. EP groups don't usually need an excuse to push AD.

I've been in that AD group at Bleaker's many times and when we were successful, it was never good for the rest of AD.

Dc doesn't push EP past Chalman. when the fight for chalman ends the fight between DC and EP ends for a few hours.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 22, 2018 9:13PM
    Invictus
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'd much rather a simple GvG :)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dracarys forfeits the sing-off...I expected better.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Well we have 2 mutes in guild. @redsky and @regulationgod

So we'd be starting on the back foot lolol.
    Edited by Vilestride on May 22, 2018 8:26PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Well we have 2 mutes in guild. @redsky and @regulationgod

So we'd be starting on the back foot lolol.

I challenge them to a singoff with @bmesi

Go!
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Communication will only get you so far. After all this time is still comes down to one thing. NUMBERS. To put it simply EP has way more right now on the band wagon. At all times i have seen, they just have way more clumped up. I have watched during any time zone they have Chal and Allesia, you take 1 resource at them and 20-40 EP come running out of the keep to zerg it down.

The population is too small now. Its all what faction is the band wagon. Its not about communication. Taking and defending Bloodmayne? Thats why EP does better is because they discuss that sort of stuff in zone? LMAO.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Communication will only get you so far. After all this time is still comes down to one thing. NUMBERS. To put it simply EP has way more right now on the band wagon. At all times i have seen, they just have way more clumped up. I have watched during any time zone they have Chal and Allesia, you take 1 resource at them and 20-40 EP come running out of the keep to zerg it down.
    It's not only numbers. For the past year or so, experienced players have been switching to EP because it has a more compelling guild scene. Yeah, AD has guilds, but EP has guild hardcore communities that are really attractive to younger adults

I say hardcore loosely as it's only hardcore by ESO standards.. but nonetheless, they're decent gamers with optimal builds and a lot of time and energy.
    Edited by zyk on May 22, 2018 10:12PM
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think more ball groups farming AP in a tower or keep is what AvAvA needs to be healthy.

Yeah, because Omni, Dracarys and Invictus have never helped the map by fighting for keeps, retaking lost objectives, rushing to the defense of something that's under siege, or cleared out each other from home keeps to free up the rest of the faction to do things other than get farmed or whine in zone chat.

/s

Share your snark all you want. I've already listened to you explain how little you care about the map and the score and how you are so far past that.
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

Share your snark all you want. I've already listened to you explain how little you care about the map and the score and how you are so far past that.

I don't not care about the map. That's never been the case. I just choose not to stress over it and prioritize it over everything else to the point the game is no longer fun. It's hardly enjoyable to run around back and forth all the time, bailing from good fights early or missing out on one opportunity to be aggressive or defend when someone else on the other side of the map can't pull their own weight. If I've almost gotten BRK taken, and Roe gets sieged half-way through, I've committed to one fight already. The fact we choose not to go rescue another group or bail our pugs out of the Drac-farm-jail doesn't magically mean we don't fight for the map.

I just don't choose to do everything you want me to do 24/7 based on whatever fickle mood you're in. My apologies if my lack of subservience to your clearly superior expertise triggers you.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I approve of the drac-farm-jail.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leading every night, group theorycrafting, wrestling with egos and drama, getting everyone to buy in, demanding and earning respect, these are all things GMs and senior officers need to do, and I literally don't know any way to make it work other than to just be absolutely obsessive about it. I honestly don't think there's been a single night in the past month that at least 1-2 of our officers in Omni weren't on the PTS for hours, testing builds, mapping out trait combinations, detailing the math behind what will be the best possible idea for our group to succeed, etc. There's hardly been a single day where we aren't sitting in Discord arguing for hours over tiny details, or debating between what's ideal and what's practical to find the truly optimal setup for specific roles, and then piecing it all together in a way that our Crowns understand so we can make the right calls or adjust how we choose to engage in certain scenarios given the new strengths and weaknesses of our group. And that's just the officers.

Its not like this in Drac, the most difficult problem I have to have is whether we want to play AD or EP that night based on our comp / the map :D

But I agree that if you want to perform well you need a lot of investment towards that shared goal. Many guilds struggle because their members just want their own entertainment rather than having that shared goal.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on May 23, 2018 9:37AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't choose to do everything you want me to do 24/7 based on whatever fickle mood you're in. My apologies if my lack of subservience to your clearly superior expertise triggers you.

I've never asked you to do anything.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 1 tam the faction choosing on character creating doesnt make any sense. You have no idea as a new player what each faction represents. I think at the start of every campaign you should pick your faction. Then that locks your whole account to that faction until the campaign ends. This would make life alot easier for people who make friends in other factions and want to play PvP with them. They just have to wait for the campaign to end and pick the same faction next time.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 1 tam the faction choosing on character creating doesnt make any sense. You have no idea as a new player what each faction represents. I think at the start of every campaign you should pick your faction. Then that locks your whole account to that faction until the campaign ends. This would make life alot easier for people who make friends in other factions and want to play PvP with them. They just have to wait for the campaign to end and pick the same faction next time.

I agree, this would make faction locks actually work. Therefore depending on the balance of last campaign, guilds can choose which faction to fight for
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

That's right. Because when we're all on at the same time, we get into the same Teamspeak and sing kumbayah and hold hands.

There couldn't possibly be any desire to one up or improve upon another one of these top guilds. ;)

I'm sure you're well aware of this, but us in GoD like to be in skeleton polymorph all the time. So we have naturally evolved into a quartet group called SkeleTONEZ. Prepare to be decimated by our voice boxes!

But... skeletons don't have voice boxes.

Clearly the skeleton polymorph is just a skin. But I thought this was a legit competition that we just hold over Discord!

But...skeletons by definition have no skin....

Heh and as side note as a former PC player turned PS4 I’m curious if GoD evolved from DiE guild? As the skele morph was Moon Dies guild signature back in the day aswell
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

Clearly the skeleton polymorph is just a skin. But I thought this was a legit competition that we just hold over Discord!

Heh and as side note as a former PC player turned PS4 I’m curious if GoD evolved from DiE guild? As the skele morph was Moon Dies guild signature back in the day aswell

It was Dom doms as well for 2 years. There was an EP guild that ran it for a few months too. It has been passed around a few times
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

Guardians of Daggerfall or GoD was formerly Pugs of Daggerfall. We made the switch because we went from inviting everybody to group to building a organized core PVP group. So we technically aren't the pugs of Daggerfall now
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a few things.

Just so you know, there was a call in DC zone chat last week to boycott PC - NA - Vivec. Fortunately, this was ignored by the majority. Zone chat for the DC is best ignored as there is a lot bickering and hostilities. Even if you try to be useful and give a heads up that something is UA, the toxic spam overshadows it.

And, I want to thank you for noticing the hard work of Iron Legion. We have had some great fights lately. Our guild leaders have been working with the group to help us improve. IL only runs the core three nights a week. On those nights, we are actually starting to get a full raid. The guild is improving. Those of us in the core each have our role, but we are still trying to figure the best combination.

And I want to thank our "guest" who ran with us a few weeks ago. I have been trying to incorporate your advice into my PVP as best as I can. You help has turned my hate for you and your group into respect.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a few things.

Just so you know, there was a call in DC zone chat last week to boycott PC - NA - Vivec. Fortunately, this was ignored by the majority. Zone chat for the DC is best ignored as there is a lot bickering and hostilities. Even if you try to be useful and give a heads up that something is UA, the toxic spam overshadows it.

And, I want to thank you for noticing the hard work of Iron Legion. We have had some great fights lately. Our guild leaders have been working with the group to help us improve. IL only runs the core three nights a week. On those nights, we are actually starting to get a full raid. The guild is improving. Those of us in the core each have our role, but we are still trying to figure the best combination.

And I want to thank our "guest" who ran with us a few weeks ago. I have been trying to incorporate your advice into my PVP as best as I can. You help has turned my hate for you and your group into respect.

Don't you just love when players from Omni or dracarys join your raid to help you out? Kudos to them to wanting to help DC stay competitive. GoD has enjoyed their tips and criticisms immensely.

..... hopefully that wasn't supposed to be a secret lol. But thank you to the "military advisors" who gave us tips on how to farm their own faction. Your Insight has been given some great thought and has been implemented to help us improve and grow.
    Edited by SwampRaider on May 29, 2018 3:30PM
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a few things.

Why boycott?
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    - Interesting topic ...

But, some decisions were made by the developers about PvP in ESO. I think some were good, some excellent, some bad, some very bad.

I think they should watch for solo combat, and also privilege new players who venture into Cyrodiil.

I have no complaints about guilds, except when their leaders do not think about the game or the state of the game (PvP / Server). But I think that's another debate.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why boycott?

To be honest, I have no idea why they were calling for a boycott. I had just zoned into Cyrodiil when I saw it in zone chat. I ignored it but thought it interesting that one was being called. I can't even tell you who it was demanding the boycott. I don't think that boycotting the campaign would do anything.

I suspect that the boycott was called by someone who was upset by the time stop skill due to the timing and the other conversation at the same time. If several people are using the skill, it can be annoying on the receiver's end. I like the skill myself as I spent the first night of Summerset doing that grind just so someone in IL would have it.

Don't you just love when players from Omni or dracarys join your raid to help you out? Kudos to them to wanting to help DC stay competitive. GoD has enjoyed their tips and criticisms immensely.

..... hopefully that wasn't supposed to be a secret lol. But thank you to the "military advisors" who gave us tips on how to farm their own faction. Your Insight has been given some great thought and has been implemented to help us improve and grow.

I was actually shocked to see the "guest". It can be easy to forget that the players on the other factions are just playing the game like you are. When Nem told us that we had a guest, it was hard for me to comprehend at first. I hadn't paid attention to the name as we have been getting new members to the guild. I had long thought that the other factions were trying to destroy the PVP, especially when it seemed that you are always outnumbered. And here was one of the 'enemy' willing to help us improve. He became a person and not just a group of pixels that was the cause of death. Now, I completely respect that guild and the coordination they use. I am no longer afraid to run into them.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭

I was actually shocked to see the "guest". It can be easy to forget that the players on the other factions are just playing the game like you are. When Nem told us that we had a guest, it was hard for me to comprehend at first. I hadn't paid attention to the name as we have been getting new members to the guild. I had long thought that the other factions were trying to destroy the PVP, especially when it seemed that you are always outnumbered. And here was one of the 'enemy' willing to help us improve. He became a person and not just a group of pixels that was the cause of death. Now, I completely respect that guild and the coordination they use. I am no longer afraid to run into them.

It certainly isn't unheard of to have guests from opposing factions running with a guild. Sometimes they are there simply to be friendly and help improve relations. Sometimes you have folks from a more experienced guild joining to offer suggestions and advice. It can be a touchy situation, of course. You'll have some people worried about spies and zone chat can be simply brutal towards perceived "traitors." All in all, though, I think it is a great thing to encourage and help foster growth in other guilds - even if it is in another faction. Who wouldn't want to compete against a continuously improving enemy force? How else are you going to improve your own play?

I'm glad to hear that this practice continues. :smiley:

• Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why boycott?

To be honest, I have no idea why they were calling for a boycott. I had just zoned into Cyrodiil when I saw it in zone chat. I ignored it but thought it interesting that one was being called. I can't even tell you who it was demanding the boycott. I don't think that boycotting the campaign would do anything.

I suspect that the boycott was called by someone who was upset by the time stop skill due to the timing and the other conversation at the same time. If several people are using the skill, it can be annoying on the receiver's end. I like the skill myself as I spent the first night of Summerset doing that grind just so someone in IL would have it.

I hope i never T-bag'd this guy...

Nice to see an un-salty pvp post/thread.
    Edited by Warraxx on May 30, 2018 10:52PM