The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The State of AvAvA in PC NA (Vivec primarily)

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Delete Cyrodiil. Open 8v8 to 24vs24 battlegrounds. Re-open large scale instances when we get more players.

I completely agree 100%.

Just turn Cyro into a pve zone with IC as another PvP arena.
    Uhh, no. If you guys have given up on AvA, super. Have fun in BGs. But let the remaining fans of AvA try to have productive discussions about how to improve it without useless input like this.

Except if you could have a 24v24 random que without lag and with interesting locations, which would you play?

I'm willing to bet a majority of open world players would rather play a stable, number controlled fight over riding a horse for 5 minutes to the bridge/1vx location for essential the same type of fight you'd get out of the large scale BG format.

Unless of course you can prove me wrong (or maybe I'm mistaken that players love to pvd instead of PvP?)

Your desire for 24v24 instances has nothing to do with AvA. That's a completely different game mode. There's a different part of the forum for suggestions like that. It can exist without shuttering Cyrodiil.

Battlegrounds & Dueling

Your post was akin to, "I'm sick of ESO and quitting, might as shut the game down!"
    Edited by zyk on May 15, 2018 7:14PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delete Cyrodiil. Open 8v8 to 24vs24 battlegrounds. Re-open large scale instances when we get more players.

I completely agree 100%.

Uhh, no. If you guys have given up on AvA, super. Have fun in BGs. But let the remaining fans of AvA try to have productive discussions about how to improve it without useless input like this.

Except if you could have a 24v24 random que without lag and with interesting locations, which would you play?

I'm willing to bet a majority of open world players would rather play a stable, number controlled fight over riding a horse for 5 minutes to the bridge/1vx location for essential the same type of fight you'd get out of the large scale BG format.

Unless of course you can prove me wrong (or maybe I'm mistaken that players love to pvd instead of PvP?)

I think a lot of people love uneven fights (either outnumbering or outnumbered, depending on the flava). You can control and set those fights up with patience open world. Not so much, in instanced 24v24.

People like seeing map movement and persistent progress over a play session. That also wouldn't so much be a thing in instanced 24v24.

Plus, when it's popping (and not lagging), keep captures are pretty freaking epic. Battlegrounds don't really feel that way.

...and that's not even addressing the issues with broken queues, premade queues, etc. Obviously the argument is predicated on fair queues with all random participants that function quickly, but who knows if that would be the case.

Don't get me wrong, I'd play the hell out of battlegrounds formats of 8v8, 24v24, whatever in between--but they wouldn't replace cyrodiil.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax . Go have some fun . This is nothing new and has happened before . I understand that is difficult for PvP centric guilds and players who have one primary focus but it's the truth . Don't make any rash campaign decisions during this time and just be patient . Things will correct themselves by June and July . Mid year mayhem will bring a temporary influx of players but will be even more chaotic because a lot are not PvP primary focus so just settle in knowing it's a strange time for PvP right now . New chapters releases same time as summer rl events will always be unpredictable . So serious just have fun and no panic over this .
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree 100%.

Your desire for 24v24 instances has nothing to do with AvA. That's a completely different game mode. There's a different part of the forum for suggestions like that. It can exist without shuttering Cyrodiil.

You might as well have posted, "I'm sick of ESO and quitting, might as well shut the game down!"

Ok but most of the suggestions people want for cyro are already in BGs:
    - no lag (or less lag)
    - unique objectives worth fighting over
    - interesting locations to fight in
    - fights that generate PvP fun instead of attacking empty objectives
    - rewards
    - scoring/ladder system

Granted some of these are terrible anyway (ladder started is a joke, rewards will be rolled out in Summerset, etc). And some objectives let players ignore fighting.

The only way to get PvP open world to matter is if they somehow convince players to stop pvd for EMP/AP potato's farms:
    - towns with Rez locations for all three factions
    - Rez locations outside keeps
    - points generated by towns and other map locations
    - harder guards
    - lag reduced back to launch days
    - ic to contribute to score or be given its own que
    - secondary title with different objectives so fighting no longer exists in the inner ring
    - better rewards
    - impen reworked to make it easier for newbies to enter CP campaigns.
    - faster Rez system to make cyro less horse, more fight.
    - legit ladder system
    - guild support/rewards for guilds that take objectives with PvP seriously.

Otherwise I doubt cyro will be anything but who can Zerg the most after hours.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I completely agree 100%.

You might as well have posted, "I'm sick of ESO and quitting, might as well shut the game down!"

- no lag (or less lag)
    - rewards
    - scoring/ladder system

Granted some of these are terrible anyway (ladder started is a joke, rewards will be rolled out in Summerset, etc). And some objectives let players ignore fighting.

The only way to get PvP open world to matter is if they somehow convince players to stop pvd for EMP/AP potato's farms:
    - harder guards
    - secondary title with different objectives so fighting no longer exists in the inner ring
    - better rewards
    - legit ladder system

- no lag (or less lag) -- yeah, that's true.
    - unique objectives worth fighting over -- I beg to differ; I hate the objectives in BGs.
    - interesting locations to fight in -- Cyrodiil already has plenty of these, there just needs to be incentive to go there.
    - fights that generate PvP fun instead of attacking empty objectives -- this is exactly what BG's don't have.
    - rewards -- sort of. It's true that the good sets you get in BGs reward mail are better than Cyro RFTW sets for the most part in the current meta, but other than that the reward design is about the same.
    - scoring/ladder system -- the scoring system in BGs isn't at all what Cyro players have asked for. It doesn't measure player skill, and things other than your victory over other players count toward it.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's completely out of context. You can also say that a lot of what people want in Cyrodiil is already found in PVE Trials. That doesn't mean that PVE Trials offer anything close to the same experience. Your "solution" throws the baby out with the bathwater. You are prescribing cyanide to treat a headache -- which it would, in fact, cure.

I'm not going to respond to the individual items, just like someone into Trials shouldn't explain why converting Trials to Delves wouldn't be suitable for their preference. Though there are elements that are alike, BGs and open world AvA are *completely* different beasts. I've invested in ESO primarily for AvA and I want to see it fixed, not deprecated.

Again, I'm not faulting you for your preference, but you're advocating shutting down open world AvA in the open world AvA forum. That's incredibly disrespectful for players who prefer open world AvA. I dislike PVE Trials, but I'm not going to advocate converting them to dungeons or delves.

If you're done with AvA, seeya! If you want BGs expanded to 24v24, please post that in the BG forum. This is supposed to be a thread for addressing AvA issues in a productive, not catastrophic, manner.
    Edited by zyk on May 15, 2018 7:59PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's completely out of context. You can also say that a lot of what people want in Cyrodiil is already found in PVE Trials. That doesn't mean that PVE Trials offer anything close to the same experience. Your "solution" throws the baby out with the bathwater. You are prescribing cyanide to treat a headache -- which it would, in fact, cure.

I'm not going to respond to the individual items, just like someone into Trials shouldn't explain why converting Trials to Delves wouldn't be suitable for their preference. Though there are elements that are alike, BGs and open world AvA are *completely* different beasts. I've invested in ESO primarily for AvA and I want to see it fixed, not deprecated.

Again, I'm not faulting you for your preference, but you're advocating shutting down open world AvA in the open world AvA forum. That's incredibly disrespectful for players who prefer open world AvA. I dislike PVE Trials, but I'm not going to advocate converting them to dungeons or delves.

If you're done with AvA, seeya! If you want BGs expanded to 24v24, please post that in the BG forum. This is supposed to be a thread for addressing AvA issues in a productive, not catastrophic, manner.

You just compared a 12men trial to a 4men dungeon. We are comparing possibly a 150vs150vs150 AvA instance to a 24vs24 BG instance. The proportions are out of context from your example.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Anazasi wrote: »

Players are going to follow whatever path has the least resistance they can find. I think it's safe to say that's human nature.

While that may be universally true for something like, say, the flow of water, its not always so for humans. If it were, gyms across the world would lay barren and players in eso would all prefer to be zerglings in ball groups.

The path of greater resistance often offers greater rewards.

The thighmaster and every diet pill ever invented beg to differ.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just compared a 12men trial to a 4men dungeon. We are comparing possibly a 150vs150vs150 AvA instance to a 24vs24 BG instance. The proportions are out of context from your example.
    That's not the point at all. But in any case, can we please leave the 'let's kill open world AvA' tangent out of the 'let's improve open world AvA' thread?
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's not the point at all. But in any case, can we please leave the 'let's kill open world AvA' tangent out of the 'let's improve open world AvA' thread?

Agreed. Just because some players are over it, doesn't mean everyone else is. I still love AvA. The community aspect and playing with friends, having an effect on a map, those are still important to me.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Anrose wrote: »
    I do like the thought of a rewards lock, I’ve even suggested so on these forums, but the rewards NEED to be worth it. If the only things I’m able to get are Alessian pauldrons and Rings of the Swift, then I’m not exactly incentivized to play for those rewards.

Winning the campaign needs to be worth it, as well. Changes to scoring and measures on the back end to help keep things somewhat competitive can go a long way here. I remember fighting to win campaigns, and it was a lot of fun. But at this point, there’s no reason to spend the energy.

With the Summerset patch a week away, I’m hoping that ZOS pulls something good out of their sleeves, and that we haven’t seen the end of the Cyrodiil changes for this patch.

In the meantime, maybe we should look at multifaction play as a way to balance things. I’m not going to suggest rerolling guilds because that will cause more chaos in the short term. But rather, use your solo/small man/pug time to help out the side that’s getting whooped on. No one likes to log in after a day of work to one side with all 6 scrolls, 12-13 keeps, and an emp group rolling over all the pugs who even think about recapturing a resource. If ZOS won’t help balance populations, it might be up to us to do it ourselves.

Amongst the guilds, there’s a lot of rivalry and a lot of salt, but there’s also a lot of respect (though it often goes unspoken). Let’s make sure we’re all around to fight each other and there’s something to fight over every night.

The biggest issue with making the rewards for WINNING the campaign really significant is that it actually has the potential to even further cascade the effect of people rerolling to the winning faction. Even if it is locked out until the next campaign cycle. If a faction is in a period where they are winning back to back campaigns.

I think it's better to distribute worthwhile daily rewards to the faction that was able to score the most points during a given day for example. In doing this you also mitigate some of the negative impact on a faction that is falling behind and it gives them more cause to come back and fight hard every day even if they are 2000 points behind with 1 day left on the cycle.

For example this campaign on Vivec now. What would be the point of even logging on AD? There would be no daily rewards for a faction that is so far behind and unable to even hold their home keeps. This idea would only reinforce the stacking of factions as long as there is no mechanic to actually balance the populations.

The path of least resistance is often the path people choose. Take a trip through your history books and you will find that only a very small percentage of people that actually took the path of greater resistance. The OP asked for a serious conversation not trolling. If you want to argue points of view state the facts don't just blindly argue or mock other contributors.

Facts:
    About 16% of the American population (about 50.2 million) currently belongs to a health club.
    US census report 2018: 326,766,748 US population.

I think you are wondering what the other roughly 275 million people are doing.

Thanks have a good day.

I completely agree 100%.

- no lag (or less lag)
    - rewards
    - scoring/ladder system

- harder guards
    - better rewards
    - legit ladder system

I get people like Battlegrounds and that's fine.

If I wanted pre-determined match-ups in a a no CP setting where resource poisons and procs are too strong and classes with over-nerfed abilities (particularly defensive, particularly on the class I happen to play) are too weak, I'd go and play them. The option is there. And I do it. Maybe once a week. Usually once every two weeks.

If Cyrodiil is closed down, I'll log off most nights and go play Pillars of Eternity. Or actually now that it's summer, turn off my computer alltogether.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get people like Battlegrounds and that's fine.

If I wanted pre-determined match-ups in a a no CP setting where resource poisons and procs are too strong and classes with over-nerfed abilities (particularly defensive, particularly on the class I happen to play) are too weak, I'd go and play them. The option is there. And I do it. Maybe once a week. Usually once every two weeks.

BGs are horrible. Incredibly imbalanced. Damage is insane.
    If Cyrodiil is closed down, I'll log off most nights and go play Pillars of Eternity. Or actually now that it's summer, turn off my computer alltogether.

Yeah

RE OP: Its been four years. How long will we remain?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with all its problems, I still love Cyrodiil. The only reason I don't play now and have played so sporadically is because of rl constraints that make it impossible for me to pvp atm. If AvA was scrapped, I would definitely stop playing ESO.

I think ZOS underestimates the audience and potential ROI for AvA. I continue to hope that they have plans to develop it further in a meaningful way. I'm all for growing BGs as a larger PVP audience in ESO also benefits AvA in the bigger picture.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am working on building a small-scale guild for AD. We could use a few more of these to help support the larger organized guilds.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy large scale open world pvp. Only do battlegrounds occasionally with friends. Would rather see cyrodil stay where it is. All I want at the moment is a fix to dc's/load screens.

I find the large guilds to be pretty balanced at least in prime time. AD lacking in small skirmish groups though. I'm not saying there's none but I find them to be rarer than other factions.
    Edited by Mazbt on May 16, 2018 11:29PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry Cyrodiil, I'll save you
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • bmannb16_ESO
    bmannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Dracarys re-rolls to yellow, Case closed. As a consolation prize EP can keep their three keeps in the top right hand corner.

Snarkiness aside, it's not AD that needs a top end guild atm. They have Omni, which have a very good track record, with Fantasia right behind them. AD needs some more numbers and more of the mid tier quality to pad out their ranks.

It's DC that has naught for top end guilds at the moment, with only several up and coming or subpar guilds to draw upon.

If the top three guilds on PC/NA were distributed between these factions evenly, then we'd get one heck of a fight.

I wouldn’t count omni as a real threat. They spend more time farming then actively moving the scoreboard for AD.

Otherwise I agree with you.
    AD Six feet under (Sorc, Templar, Dragon Knight)
    EP Six feet under (Warden, Dragon Knight, Sorc)
    EP Sometimes Salty (Nightblade)
    EP Never sees the light (Nightblade)
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn’t count omni as a real threat. They spend more time farming then actively moving the scoreboard for AD.

Otherwise I agree with you.

He said nothing about score though. He said top end guilds.
    Edited by Vilestride on May 19, 2018 8:11AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Cyrodiil and i'd quit...Simply put if I wanted to play a 24vs24 BG I have multiple game options for that
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it'll take people to realize that one group of 16 people occupying 40+ enemy players' attention elsewhere on the map *is* helpful to score, since it let's the rest of the Alliance take *** with less pressure. If I could clone my guild three times over to be able to do all the work for everyone, I'd do it, but it's not our fault, nor Dracarys or Invictus's fault, when their other guilds or PUGs are either incapable of or choose not to accomplish anything.

Not that that's always the case, again, almost every night we log in the map is a disaster, and by the time we log off we control the precious Smiley Face. Omni and the other groups online with us during weeknights do plenty of work to keep map control. So I really don't understand where the salt comes from.

---

That point aside, AD doesn't need more high end guilds, as Agrippa has already stated. AD's problem is a lack of leadership and players during non-peak hours. We do fine in primetime now, for the most part (depending on which guilds are active), and the oceanic window is fairly balanced. But the mid-morning EST through late afternoon EST period AD gets absolutely dominated by DC and EP. If you care about score, we need to fix that, not throw unnecessary shade and toxicity and blame at the groups during primetime and late night that contribute more than their fair share to overall Alliance success.
    Edited by Ixtyr on May 19, 2018 4:24PM
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    I am working on building a small-scale guild for AD. We could use a few more of these to help support the larger organized guilds.

Glad to hear it. We could use more guilds around doing things, regardless of size. Hit me or Zheg up if you ever wanna coordinate or work together.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    I wonder how long it'll take people to realize that one group of 16 people occupying 40+ enemy players' attention elsewhere on the map *is* helpful to score, since it let's the rest of the Alliance take *** with less pressure. If I could clone my guild three times over to be able to do all the work for everyone, I'd do it, but it's not our fault, nor Dracarys or Invictus's fault, when their other guilds or PUGs are either incapable of or choose not to accomplish anything.

Not that that's always the case, again, almost every night we log in the map is a disaster, and by the time we log off we control the precious Smiley Face. Omni and the other groups online with us during weeknights do plenty of work to keep map control. So I really don't understand where the salt comes from.

---

That point aside, AD doesn't need more high end guilds, as Agrippa has already stated. AD's problem is a lack of leadership and players during non-peak hours. We do fine in primetime now, for the most part (depending on which guilds are active), and the oceanic window is fairly balanced. But the mid-morning EST through late afternoon EST period AD gets absolutely dominated by DC and EP. If you care about score, we need to fix that, not throw unnecessary shade and toxicity and blame at the groups during primetime and late night that contribute more than their fair share to overall Alliance success.

You're always wrong Ixty.

You attack frontline occupied home keeps, you're faction stacking.

You spread out and hit backline enemy keeps, you're farming and not helping the faction.

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

EP have a lot of players, locked (or full) 24hs per day...pop, so, Its not a escuse...Now, we can talk about the latest patch and game design on 'AOE' for groups, the so-called zergballs. No new players have felt compelled to stay on Cyrodiil to be 'devoured' by an absurd idea of pvp. Many, if not the vast majority of players are leaving Cyrodiil because they can not compete with this ~ logic ~ of the 'mass kill' ...

... another, who feels good fighting on Cyrodiil with LAG, memory spikes, gliches all the time that finds groups and their powerful AOE?

No one
    Edited by Iskras on May 19, 2018 5:28PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends. Like, if EP is pressuring AD and an AD guild goes to and holds Arrius, sure.

But if that AD guild holds Bleaker's instead, they're not doing AD any favors if they're successful. The result is that EP and DC are effectively cut off from each other and go south. The same is true when an EP guild holds Nikel, or less commonly, when a DC guild holds Sej.

I'm not calling anyone out -- I have no idea who is where these days and when I did run in groups, my AD groups frequently took Bleaker's, so...

Many times after a successful Bleaker's run, we'd look at the map after we demoralized the enemy to see AD had lost half its keeps. Which, to some, was an otick opportunity thanks to brilliant not-using-your-entire-ass game design.
    Edited by zyk on May 19, 2018 5:32PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

---

You spread out and hit backline enemy keeps, you're farming and not helping the faction.

I used to have the perfect solution for this. Ride from Aleswell to the Bridge, start farming, see Aleswell under siege, suicide to slaughterfish, arrive too late to save Aleswell. Then you're missing the farm AND the frontline fight and no one can accuse you of anything.
    Edited by Satiar on May 19, 2018 7:04PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

---

I used to have the perfect solution for this. Ride from Aleswell to the Bridge, start farming, see Aleswell under siege, suicide to slaughterfish, arrive too late to save Aleswell. Then you're missing the farm AND the frontline fight and no one can accuse you of anything.

Steve raid confirmed.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »

---

Steve raid confirmed.

Ah, I see they still remember it fondly!
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    there need to be changes made to scores during "down" time for the server, something that takes into account low population and how score is calculated

also, guilds need to step up

1 Tamriel came out a long time ago, plenty groups have characters on different accounts, I can' imagine last campaign being so much fun with a 6k lead at the end, or the one before

then again, I'm on a new account, and it doesn't seem like anyone cares for playing map anymore, and everyone (at last DC side) is scared of "spies" and keeps EVERYTHING out of the zone (until they get wiped)
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is minimal quality control in PVP.

You also have a lot of different attitudes for PVPers which create this giant schism and thus threads such as this.

You have people who only care about winning.
    You have people who only care about a good fight.
    You have people who only want to chump pugs.
    You have people who only care about AP/H.
    You have people who only care about creating video content.
    You have people who only care about the map.

All of these fall under the single umbrella of wanting to have fun, people just put different metrics on what fun actually is.

So what you end up with is a massive discrepancy in effectiveness between these means to an ends and everyone is upset at the other for whom is otherwise not providing them the experience that they desire and in some cases, feel owed.

As much as I hate to agree with him, @Anazasi is right in that cross-faction play is one of the bigger problems here in that it is encouraging like-minded people to latently gravitate towards each other like cheeseburgers around that dude from Menace II Society. According to a lot of people, I'm apart of like 17 different PVP guilds albeit I rarely if ever group with anyone my skill level much less better - I'm usually grouped with a zone pug in a mixture of wellfitted and infused gear that isn't being picked up by a PUG because I firmly believe everyone should at least have the chance to have fun.
    Edited by usmcjdking on May 19, 2018 9:50PM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Tonight was fun. I know my group had a blast at chalman.