The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Zos, it’s introspection time.

srfrogg23
srfrogg23
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Listen, Zos, we’re all customers here. I buy stuff from other businesses, you buy stuff from other businesses, we all buy stuff and we all have to deal with someone else’s crappy idea of “strategic advertising”.

The new full screen “Announcements” every time we log in is so blasted annoying. I want you to ask yourselves a simple question:

“Does this form of advertising work on me?” - I know someone at your office plays those crappy F2P iPhone games. Does that really make you guys want to crack open your wallets every time someone shoves some stupid advertisement in your face?

I’ll go out on a limb and say “No”, it doesn’t. Like anyone else I’m guessing you either 1) get irritated by the interruption, or 2) just mindlessly click the “close” button, or 3) all of the above.

Seriously, wake up, get rid of the F2P style ingame advertising every time we log in. People will just get annoyed and ignore it, or they’ll quit playing altogether just to avoid it! (Think about how XM Radio or Netflix got so popular)
Edited by srfrogg23 on May 22, 2018 5:12PM
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes 2 seconds to click out
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    (Think about how XM Radio or Netflix got so popular)

As an entirely serious question, is XM radio that popular? It had so much buzz like 5ish years ago, but I only know one person who has it now, and you don't hear much about it anymore.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 22, 2018 5:22PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »

Does it make you want to spend money? Do you even look at it before you close it?
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    (Think about how XM Radio or Netflix got so popular)

As an entirely serious question, is XM radio that popular? It had so much buzz like 5ish years ago, but I only know one person who has it now, and you don't hear much about it anymore.

Most people I know listen to CDs, Amazon Prime Music, iTunes on their phones, or iPods. I know very few people who listen to the radio anymore. XM Radio was just an example of a service people will choose to avoid ubiquitous advertising.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time? I get them when new things are released, once...
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

since update they always appear. for me at least and a lot of other people as well. its really annoying.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get them every single relog since Summerset.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Sounds like a bug, not intended. Still, I only ever saw it once so far with multiple logins and character switching
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's one click to get rid of it. What's the BFD?
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to quit playing over a pop up when I log in... Also that's the new log in rewards calendar that you will want to click on first thing anyway when it starts next month.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a bug, not intended. Still, I only ever saw it once so far with multiple logins and character switching

Sounds like you a bugged in the most beautiful way ever @notimetocare . It should be appearing every time you log into a character. Not just the first time you log into that character either. every single time.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Sounds like you a bugged in the most beautiful way ever @notimetocare . It should be appearing every time you log into a character. Not just the first time you log into that character either. every single time.

Have confirmation it is intended?
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As moany as I am about all things ZOS, I actually don't mind. It lets me have a look at everything, gawk at the price and then go do my crafting writs before logging out again.

God.. its got stale..

Anyway, couldn't care less about this. I'm more concerned about the moral pit ZOS are jumping down with Loot crates - and their ability to make that pit of immorality even deeper.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know they have *6* community managers and reps that could come out and tell us whether things like this are intended, or a bug? They have the resources to make a comment, should they desire to make a comment. As we have learned over the last four years, if the game does something, it is intended until such time as they change it. It does not matter what it is, or whether it makes sense (to us) at all. Silence equals intended.

The question now is whether they will change their mind, and when.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only is it irritating, it's counter-productive. When it popped up once when I first logged into the game, I would actually check to see what was on offer if the initial screen looked like it might be something new. Now they're training me to play How Fast Can I Click It Shut. Before I thought of it as information of possible interest, now it's just a nuisance to be dispatched as quickly as possible.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's one click to get rid of it. What's the BFD?

My concern is the slippery slope. “They’re ok with it at every log in, maybe we should try having it pop up every time they load into a new instance? Better yet, it should pop up every time they go into their inventory! That’ll get more sales, right?”

In all seriousness, though, it reeks of the kind of dying F2P game desperation that just turns off players. It’s the kind of thing that pushes people away.

For the people it doesn’t push away, it just trains people to close the window as quick as possible. If they start losing sales as a result of people just ignoring the stupid thing, they might get desperate enough to try the stupid crap that you see in those crappy F2P iPhone games.

Since I’d rather not see ESO go down that road, I think it’s important for us to let them know what kind of an effect this strategy has on people.

You said it yourself, “it’s just one button to close it”. How often do you really want to have to close one of those windows while you’re trying to play the game?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since every player have it that way except you, I have to think that's intended.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »

1 second, actually.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find particularly frustrating is that despite the massive ad splurged all over my screen, I can't buy any of the items I really want from the Crown Store, because they were removed at some point.

I get it, they'd like me to spend my money, and I'd LIKE to spend my money, I'd just like to spend it on things I actually want rather than the selection they've apparently chosen for me.

Given TES is supposed to be one of the best known RPG game series ever, I think it's a shame I'm not able to indulge my RPG desires when I'd like. As it stands, if I want to create a new Wood Elf, with all the Wood Elf bits and bobs to go with it, it's up to the ZOS Fashion Police as to whether I can buy those things or not.

It doesn't make me want to buy everything 'now this minute' whenever I see new things on the store - I don't have that kind of budget - it DOES irritate me, means I'm not invested in my characters as much as I would be, and means I don't sub for as long.

The massive pointless ad just reminds me of all this, and not in a good way.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind the add wall at all. But for those that do, please add an option to toggle off add board.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The introspection they need to do before it is too late it getting marketing out of the design decisions for the game.

Outfit System:
    1.) Make changing clothes ridiculously expensive and take away dying from ESO+ members so we can sell tokens to change your clothes.

2.) Outfit slots sell for less than a dollar in other MMOs but we are ESO, we can charge 1800% more, so let's charge $15 for one.

Housing:
    1.) Make it so people need a real mortgage to afford these things.

2.) Make furniture crafting hard to obtain the good recipes and those they get take a ton of mats so they buy from the store.

3.) Better yet, make some of the best items store only - $40 Mundus Stones anyone?

Summerset:
    1.) We want to sell jewelry crafting scrolls - make the grind 10 times what it is today so we can.

2.) Better yet, let's put a HUGE advert whenever they log in with ten screens on it. You know, the type that will annoy the crap out of customers and keep them from buying from the store out of disgust.
    Edited by Wayshuba on May 23, 2018 9:09AM
  • Mavloc
    Mavloc
    ✭✭✭
    There is a way to remove the pop up permanently.

It Costs 2,500 crowns
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    "When I pay for a service, I expect it to be advert free.

It isn't, so I've cancelled my ESO plus."

Do the above. Stick the above as the reason why you did the above.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Since every player have it that way except you, I have to think that's intended.

Every player is impacted when a bug occurs, this means everything is intended, yea?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know they have *6* community managers and reps that could come out and tell us whether things like this are intended, or a bug? They have the resources to make a comment, should they desire to make a comment. As we have learned over the last four years, if the game does something, it is intended until such time as they change it. It does not matter what it is, or whether it makes sense (to us) at all. Silence equals intended.

The question now is whether they will change their mind, and when.

Terrible logic... The more minor a bug the longer it takes to be told anything. Most hotfixes are bugfixes they never told us about...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already ignore it since it pops up every single time I log into a character no matter how many time I log into that same character in a day.

Only a mild annoyance since it takes a moment to get it off my screen. But it is what Zos wants.
    Edited by idk on May 23, 2018 7:12PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it. I usually check the store to see if there's something new every time I log in anyway.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First world problems.