Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch Led to Repair, 50gb download??

joseph.lipsonub17_ESO
joseph.lipsonub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I got some kind of zip error and it said to repair. After the long verification sequence I am now downloading 50gb?? That is pretty extreme. Any idea on the cause?
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it is just checking the whole installation, so maybe it's "downloading" the whole thing while dismissing all the available files. So it might jump quickly over those, I assume.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's poor coding on the patcher/loader.

It basically requires enough space for the entire download, even if it's only going to check and repair 5k worth of data.

You effectively need double the required space, because patching as it goes would make too much damn sense.

Temporarily move some files to another drive, if you can. You can move them back after, as it will delete the 99% unnecessary patch file once it's done.

And for future reference, if you ever decide that a full reinstall will be even faster, know that you'll need 2x the drive space for that as well.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • joseph.lipsonub17_ESO
    joseph.lipsonub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Interestingly I paused and restarted my computer for a different reason and it is a much smaller download and 50% complete. Weird.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interestingly I paused and restarted my computer for a different reason and it is a much smaller download and 50% complete. Weird.

Once completed this won't work, your game will instant crash .. you will try to repair the game, then it will redownload the whole game and you won't be able to play today.

This is what happend to me, I gave up.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Once completed this won't work, your game will instant crash .. you will try to repair the game, then it will redownload the whole game and you won't be able to play today.

This is what happend to me, I gave up.

I'm in exactly the same situation.

Well, almost exactly. I have two monitors on my computer, so I can keep trying while doing other things, so I haven't given up yet. But nothing is working.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 21, 2018 6:30PM
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the physical collectors edition, got 5 disks, thought these were the summerset d/l because thats what is printed all over them.. so i installed thinking I would not have to have the gazillion hour downloads that I normal get due to stupid aussie internet.. imagine my surprise when I wake up in the morning and after 11 hours of d/l time im still only at 54%... what I thought was a 10gig D/L turns out to be a 50gig d/l... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME ZOS???? its like im downloading every patch since i started..

Did the install of the discs basically roll back my game as if I was a first time player and am now d/l'ing everything? if so jeeezus f christ zos, there are not many unlimited internet plans in australia.. this is going to cost hundreds of dollars for so many aussies in extra gig charges.

Im pretty pissed off right now
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    after the first start of the launcher I got an error message form the launcher (next to a repair button I didnt click) which asked me to restart the launcher. I did it, seemed to download the update and just fine.. but then on the end I got an error-message in a windowsframe which I could only okay.. and now its downloading the whole game again.
    Shame for my SSD, I actually hope another version fits on my SSD, I am happy that I have a good internet connection so usually it wont take ages. But I mean.. I have installed this game so many times over and over again, for some stupid errors...
    Before I always thought it was somehow my own fault (because a long time I played eso on a removable harddisk) but now its just on my precious SSD and writing and deleting on it.. *paranoia*

I play on steam, I think maybe that is one of the issues, I didnt get any disks I just bought the digital upgrade pre-purchase
    Edited by lientier on May 22, 2018 9:06AM
    PC-EU @lientier