The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Update on NA server status

• SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    RastSekyd wrote: »
    You didn't pay for early access. Both the standard and the imperial edition included three(physical) to five(digital) days of early access. Both editions will cost the same on the official release date as they do now. The game time you paid for(30 days) doesn't start until the game is officially released.

To clarify, the $59.99 for the standard game was for the following:
    1) A limited license to play the game. You "own" it now.
    2) 30 days of game time.

The extra amount paid for the Imperial edition(both physical and digital) was only for extra bonuses - The imperial race, horse, a pet mudcrab and/or some bonus physical items.

I would bet the reason that most people paid for the pre-order editions (either 3 or 5 day early access) was for the early access - so to say that you didn't pay for early access is not correct if that is why you paid more than the standard game price.
    Options
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I would bet the reason that most people paid for the pre-order editions (either 3 or 5 day early access) was for the early access - so to say that you didn't pay for early access is not correct if that is why you paid more than the standard game price.

I still don't think you get it. You can go pay $79.99 on April 4th, and get the exact same imperial edition of the game, just with no early access. You didn't pay any extra money to play 5 days early, you just happened to pre-order.

You could have also paid $59.99 and had 5 day early access...because you pre-ordered. Once again, you didn't pay any extra money.
    Edited by floydmurphy.kg_ESO on April 2, 2014 3:29PM
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
    Options
  • neomage84ub17_ESO
    neomage84ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Would just be nice for an ETA. Took off work today to get a full day of play and get on when my wife goes to work to find out the servers are down...waste of a day off. :(
    Options
  • neomage84ub17_ESO
    neomage84ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

I still don't think you get it. You can go pay $79.99 on April 4th, and get the exact same imperial edition of the game, just with no early access. You didn't pay any extra money to play 5 days early, you just happened to pre-order.

Well....I didn't care much about the pets and crap. The Imperial is cool but I paid the extra money to get the 5 days of early access. So...
    Options
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Server Update:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJroVZNx9lc

...the red cone means DANGER!
    Edited by Kaspar on April 2, 2014 3:31PM
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. 10 hours and still down?
    Options
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone forgets that WoW was essentially down for it's whole first two weeks of launch. This is still pretty smooth by MMO standards - even if it is disappointing.
    Options
  • ihavknoidea
    ihavknoidea
    Soul Shriven
    ...with no ETA
    Options
  • mssmith330
    mssmith330
    Soul Shriven
    Whatever they decide, the core of the issue is this, something in the game is broken. What frustrates me about this the most is that they had numerous beta test weekends and the same bugs that were reported in the prior tests were still showing up in later beta tests. I personally felt they did nothing to address them. During those beta tests, its understandable that they wanted to test certain things, but that shouldn't mean they should ignore or dismiss other issues that were found.

We should attempt to have patience while they perform their maintenance, but it certainly does seems like the pre-purchasers of this game are getting the shaft, as it was advertised all over the ESO site as well as other gaming sites, that if you pre-purchase the game you get early access, regardless if you purchase the Imperial edition or Standard edition as long as you pre-purchase.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone forgets that WoW was essentially down for it's whole first two weeks of launch. This is still pretty smooth by MMO standards - even if it is disappointing.

My sever wasnt. Lol.
    Options
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Well....I didn't care much about the pets and crap. The Imperial is cool but I paid the extra money to get the 5 days of early access. So...

No you didn't. You paid the extra money on the IMPERIAL EDITION to be able to play as the IMPERIAL RACE.
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
    Options
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    They should have just had an open beta for a week or two to flesh out these issues.... the weekend only closed beta scheme I think was too limited in scope especially for a game of this size and complexity.

$.02
    Options
  • Shubuta
    Shubuta
    I found it, yes! the generic Game Forum Bickering humans so enjoy, or GFB for short. Game Forum Bickering usually replaces other forms of GFB in the human social circle like Girl Friend Bickering. Now back to your regularly scheduled opinion slinging.
    Edited by Shubuta on April 2, 2014 3:37PM
    Options
  • mssmith330
    mssmith330
    Soul Shriven
    They should have just had an open beta for a week or two to flesh out these issues.... the weekend only closed beta scheme I think was too limited in scope especially for a game of this size and complexity.

$.02

Its possible the pre-purchase people are the open beta testers, they just may not have told us. . .
    Options
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    mssmith330 wrote: »
    Its possible the pre-purchase people are the open beta testers, they just may not have told us. . .

Quite honestly it goes without saying.
    Ihsahn - Elevator
    Options
  • Cannyone
    Cannyone
    -
    I remember WoW's release quite well. And while Blizzard did need to bring the servers down many times the first few weeks, it was never for more than an hour or two at a time. Of course they had a more finished game than ESO is so go figure.

All I can is: "Welcome to Paid Beta guys and girls" hope you have as much fun as I am... NOT. =P

Seriously I just want the game to be playable. But when its crashing all the time. Or it wipes out everything in your Bank. Then I'd say ZOS has some valid reasons for the maintenance time.

What's not warranted though is the almost complete lack of communication. Because I know there are some members of the "Support Staff" on these forums spouting "pat answers". So my take is that they would be more useful disseminating information about the "big issues". (Yes! I am a dreamer... I can't help myself.)
    Options
  • Darquer
    Darquer
    ✭✭✭
    RastSekyd wrote: »
    You didn't pay for early access. Both the standard and the imperial edition included three(physical) to five(digital) days of early access. Both editions will cost the same on the official release date as they do now. The game time you paid for(30 days) doesn't start until the game is officially released.

To clarify, the $59.99 for the standard game was for the following:
    1) A limited license to play the game. You "own" it now.
    2) 30 days of game time.

The extra amount paid for the Imperial edition(both physical and digital) was only for extra bonuses - The imperial race, horse, a pet mudcrab and/or some bonus physical items.

@RastSekyd, then please explain this:
    13583646624_69ddf7dff5_z.jpg
    Visiting the store for early access to me means that we paid for the privilege.
    Options
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Darquer wrote: »
    @RastSekyd, then please explain this:
    13583646624_69ddf7dff5_z.jpg
    Visiting the store for early access to me means that we paid for the privilege.

Only because you pre-ordered! Quit feeling sorry for yourselves! Geeze people, go do something better with your time and check back later.
    Edited by floydmurphy.kg_ESO on April 2, 2014 3:42PM
    Ihsahn - Elevator
    Options
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silver Lining: We can clean up our desks of all the dishes, food wrappers, soda cans, etc.

REQUEST: Updates every couple hours would be nice on all of the standard media outlets - Forums/Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Hopefully our Spouse's, Girl/Boy Friends, Mom/Dad, etc. don't catch wind the game is offline and want some help with something. LOL

I'm cool with waiting for them to fix. Hopefully they fix the nasty bugs (saw all the forum posts yesterday on Storage and Email issues). Sounds like a Database issue that is pretty serious if the DBA team has to rework things.
    Options
  • CheeseMachine
    We all know that the babies crying about this will shut up once they get their pacifier back, and it'll be like none of this had ever happened.

So just relax little ones. Mummy's trying her best to get it back to you! xxx
    Edited by CheeseMachine on April 2, 2014 3:44PM
    Options
  • gorricb16_ESO
    Early access, equals, Open Beta for 5 days.

Cheers

Options
  • Conifur
    Conifur
    We might pay the same amount as someone who pays on 4 April, but we paid months ago - not on 4 April. So in essence we have paid more then the person who buys it and plays on 4 April because we have provided money in advance for services promised at a later date. They have failed in keeping their part of the promise even though I have met my obligation. If I went to my bank and said take the money back and they obliged (therefor failing in my obligation) do you think they would still allow me to play the game because the economy is down and everyone needs a little money these days? If a car company offered a cool service to anyone who pre-ordered (and pre-paid) a new car and then did not deliver - are you telling me those who pre-paid would just say "ok, cool - not an issue"? We pre-paid for one reason and one reason only - it was not to type on the forums.

Options
  • Tavish
    Tavish
    Soul Shriven
    So many sad posts about downtime. ESO is a game. When the servers are back online we can play. There may be other unscheduled periods of downtime. There will certainly be scheduled maintenance periods. Some outages will be short, others not so much.

And when the servers are back online, we will play. And we'll be happy. Until maintenance - and some will be sad. That sadness turns to anger, anger turns to hate, and hate makes the unicorns cry.

Time spent in forums posting how upset one is about server downtime is time not spent outside playing with the other kids. (Do they even make playgrounds anymore these days?)

"Don't worry, be happy." --Bobby "I don't get mad at maintenance" McFerrin
    Keeping the sweet rolls safe since 22 Nov 2013.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We reported all of this repeatedly in beta for months and they wait until now to fix it when theyll get bad tep for it.

Thats what I dont understand. Some of you people need to buzz off, folks that reported most of these bugs have all rights to be pissed.
    Options
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭
    We reported all of this repeatedly in beta for months and they wait until now to fix it when theyll get bad tep for it.

Thats what I dont understand. Some of you people need to buzz off, folks that reported most of these bugs have all rights to be pissed.

Nobody in beta accidentally logged in to someone else's account or ate someone else's bank.
    Options
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early access is early access. People have an unbelievably overinflated view of their own importance.

Also, you paid for the game - not early access. In joining early access, you got some extra stuff - but you sure as hell didn't pay extra for it. Judging by the reactions of some folks in here, it wasn't a good choice for you.

Early access is early access.

P.S. - On a side note, even while they are messing with all of this other stuff, the support team has been unbelievably quick and responsive to my personal technical issues I've had. I'm impressed so far.
    Options
  • Mopar63
    Mopar63
    ✭✭✭
    I am frustrated for sure but to think they owe us something for an early access down time is just wrong. If they are down over 24 hours then maybe we can start discussing this but right now it is just not bad enough yet.

This is however a chance for Zenimax to show how they will deal with their customer base. As a paid subscription service they need to be head and shoulders above other MMOs when it comes to communications and support. Right now they are failing in that aspect. With a down time of this length there is no reason we should not have seen 3 or 4 updates on the status of the server.

In the end the ability to communicate with their subscribers and fix issues quickly is what will determine if this game goes to F2P within months or can pull this off and stay subscription based. I hope they step it up, I will gladly pay money each month for a company that gives solid support and keeps us in the loop. If the company acts the same as F2P based game developers then why pay money to them?
    True honor need not be named
    Options
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭

You could have also paid $59.99 and had 5 day early access...because you pre-ordered. Once again, you didn't pay any extra money.

Actually you're the one not getting it. 80 USD now worths more than 80 USD later. Maybe look up PV/FV in wiki. That difference is the amount we paid for early access. We definitely did pay more and let's be honest, ZOS never said the service we purchase is of lesser value.

Thus this 12 hour 'maintenance' is either something special which then is indeed a distruption of their services or perfectly normal and their intended quality of service. I for one think that 12 hour offtime in 4 days is extremly bad, especially from something that's supposed to be premium (according to the price at least).
    Edited by zamiel on April 2, 2014 3:51PM
    Options
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Messed up the quote...

Zamiel:
    Actually you're the one not getting it. 80 USD now worths more than 80 USD later. Maybe look up PV/FV in wiki. That difference is the amount we paid for early access. We definitely did pay more and let's be honest, ZOS never said the service we purchase is of lesser value.

Thus this 12 hour 'maintenance' is either something special which then is indeed a distruption of their services or perfectly normal and their intended quality of service. I for one think that 12 hour offtime in 4 days is extremly bad, especially from something that's supposed to be premium (according to the price at least).

-

Look, you can argue over spending the same amount of money as the next guy all you want because of a PATCH FIX for the game that you want early access to.

They are fixing the game. Do you want it to work or not? We get it, you all spent the same amount of money as me, and Betty, and Jim and Hank...the difference is, we understand that fixing the game we paid for is the only way to play the game. It is the risk you take when you pre-order something. I'm not sure if you tested, but if you did, you can't tell me that you expected the game to be perfect by launch 3 days before launch.
    Edited by floydmurphy.kg_ESO on April 2, 2014 4:02PM
    Ihsahn - Elevator
    Options
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zamiel wrote: »
    Actually you're the one not getting it. 80 USD now worths more than 80 USD later. Maybe look up PV/FV in wiki.

Give me a break. It is five days. Fine, you can say you paid 80.01 USD instead of 80. Happy?

zamiel wrote: »
    ZOS never said the service we purchase is of lesser value.

It's early access. The difference is service is common sense. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be early. You are fully aware of all of this, but are flailing anyway to try to sustain some weird form of righteous indignation.
    Options