The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is your most hated quest in ESO?

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves guild quest or sun in shadow

So boooooring
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    the one where you are forced to talk to stuga so she will stfu

Do you know how long I've been looking for you?!

Edited by carljokl on April 30, 2018 3:00PM
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    There is a quest in Cyrodiil where you have to poison a goblin that someone is feeding like a pet. It doesn't seem like this goblin is doing anybody any harm and the guy feeding it seems quite attached to it. You have dialog where you can question what the quest giver insists it must die because it is a goblin. The quest gives you no option to not kill this goblin except not to do the quest at all. I think it may be a requirement for Cyrodiil adventurer. Even after the goblin is dead the quest given keeps sneaking around the area where the goblin was as if she has nothing better to do with her life.

I also hate all of the endless Kobiashi Maru no win scenario quests where it is an arbitrary choice over who will live and who will die. The defence of Bal Foyen. The Khajiit sisters in Reapers March. The two bosmer in Malbor Tor. The Dark Elf mage and the Khajiit alchemist in Cold Harbour and on and on. Always arbitrarily one has to die and ultimately makes no lasting difference on the game. There is even the one with the Duke infected with a werewolf bite in Glenumbra. The two sisters in in Bankori already mentioned. The list goes on and on.
    Edited by carljokl on April 18, 2018 2:50PM
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • sillywaffles
    sillywaffles
    Soul Shriven
    Ugh, the Thieve's Guild Heists and the Dark Brotherhood's Sacrements.

And because someone said it... the one where you *have* to talk to Stuga. Ugh.
    @sillywaffles, PC/NA

Kírsta: Magplar Healer | CP 650 | EP

Falgrae: DK Tank | CP 650 | EP
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. The Moonless Walk in Coldharbor - you know, that quest where you have to use the wisps to follow a bosmer Shadow Runner who an absolute pain to follow with very unclear instructions about how to remain undetected, stay in range, and deal with enemies in the path. This one was very frustrating and I often hear people in zone chat saying "How do I do the Moonless Walk?" My solution is to follow the runner, killing as I go, then purposefully fail so that I can start over with a clear path, refreshing the wisp thing as I need.

2. Frostbreak Fortress "Deal with the Harpies" quest stage in Wrothgar - There are harpies all over the place, and I'm killing them thinking "haven't I dealt with enough of them already?" Nope. There's a trick to it. What the quest doesn't tell you is
    that you have to go to the two towers, talk to Eveli Sharp-Arrow and then she will shoot a fire arrow to signal the catapults to destroy the harpy nests.
    This is another one I often see in Wrothgar zone chat "How do I do Frostbreak Fortress?" Me: "Are you on the 'deal with the harpies' stage? Okay, here's how that works..."

omg I just hated both of those.

generally I hate any TIMED quest or one that resets from a silly fail mechanism.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically every quest where you have a lot of doors and loading screens. It's so annoying. Loading screen - questgiver - loading screen - cave - enemies - door - enemies - loading screen - boss - loading screen - questgiver. There are many quests like these and I hate them.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wisps quest in Coldharbour used to be a hated quest until I discovered you can just run straight to the Khajiit (while wisped) to complete it - no more following that Bosmer!

I won't name the quests because I don't want to go searching for them, so I'll describe them instead (and their location):

Auridon:
    The quest where the mother Altmer has you run to 4 shrines to pray for her children. Yeah, yeah, sentimental and all that, but literally all 4 areas are at the sides of the map, with no wayshrines easily accessible. PitA!

Helping the Queen through the orrery. The quest itself wasn't so bad, just how the "story" plays out for the rest of the Auridon quest, with the Queen in complete denial her brother tried to ursurp her.

Greenshade:
    Helping the shodowmen (or is it ashmen?) keep their home. "Thanks for the help, but our guys will still attack you on sight". Bah!

The back story quest of the Wilderqueen. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRING!

Malabal Tor:
    Every. Single. Quest. In. This. Horrible. Zone. Of. Cliffs. And. Roots. Want to get to that quest? Climb a hill, run across a tree root, slip to your death, revive at a wayshrine on the other side of the map. Rinse. Repeat, until you finally find that tiny path to the top of the hill.

Reaper's March:
    Moonlit Walk - Without doubt, the worst quests in the game for me. First, we have to listen to each sister's "fear" story. Then, we have to walk with them through the path of Jone and Jode. I hate these quests with a passion.

A Khajiit gets into a gambling debt and we need to free him, going through ridiculous games before we can get any information of his location (okay, Spikeball is pretty fun). Then, we get to escape and have to fight TWO bosses at the same time, one a freaking healer. Screw up? Don't forget to unlock the Khajiit from the cage or the fight you just won was for nothing. Frustratingly difficult quest for a solo player at low level.

ColdHarbour:
    Rescuing Stibbons. Twice. I wouldn't care in helping him, but is it just me or is he always in these large area quests which require a mount(ain) to get to him.

Thieves Guild:
    Any quest which involves sneaking that allows other players in the same spot, ruining every single attempt at sneaking. Grrrr.

Dark Brotherhood:
    The entire DLC. Having to go out and kill innocent people just to gain rank is NOT what the DB is about. I will never play this DLC again until ZoS fixes this.

Stonefalls:
    If the quest deals with The Brothers of Strife, I don't like them.

Okay, my fingers are tired. Enough complaining for now. ;)
    Edited by Violynne on April 23, 2018 5:43PM
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    That quest in Cropsford when you go into Cyrodiil, where you have to get 6 bags of produce. F that quest!
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any questions where what you do benefits argonians.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Almost all of Craglorn... There usually is nobody to help me... And I die frequently when I travel...
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was reminded of one today that while I wouldn't say I hate it, it sure made me roll my eyes.

Captain Dugakh, an Orc in Stormhaven, wants me to gather ogre teeth for a battle trophy necklace.

Dude, I'm fairly sure it's only a battle trophy if you make it from stuff you yourself actually take in battle. What are you going to tell your girlfriend? Look at this amazing necklace made from the teeth of ogres that I got some random person passing through Stormhaven to kill for me? Yeah, that'll totally get her in the mood. B)
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sacraments after you killed the objectives but cant escape in time because one or two of those freaking lantern carriers blocking your path...
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Drinking competition in the Geirmund Oath quest. By far the most useless thing.
    Hateful: about all the slaves quests where you have to decide in defense of the slaver and against the slaves.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    easy:
    if its for repeatable purpose, the harborage, that profet gets on my nerves, after hearing his speech for the 10th time

and yeah I rather wanted to kill Sun in shadow than rather helping her :)
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mittens in beta. There are quests my characters choose not to do (because the character I'm playing wouldn't) but I don't "hate" those. They're just irrelevant to me. I really appreciate that you can get the zone quest achievements without doing every one.
    Edited by Imryll on May 12, 2018 4:27PM
  • xMayhemx
    xMayhemx
    1. The Moonless Walk in Coldharbor - you know, that quest where you have to use the wisps to follow a bosmer Shadow Runner who an absolute pain to follow with very unclear instructions about how to remain undetected, stay in range, and deal with enemies in the path. This one was very frustrating and I often hear people in zone chat saying "How do I do the Moonless Walk?" My solution is to follow the runner, killing as I go, then purposefully fail so that I can start over with a clear path, refreshing the wisp thing as I need.

2. Frostbreak Fortress "Deal with the Harpies" quest stage in Wrothgar - There are harpies all over the place, and I'm killing them thinking "haven't I dealt with enough of them already?" Nope. There's a trick to it. What the quest doesn't tell you is
    that you have to go to the two towers, talk to Eveli Sharp-Arrow and then she will shoot a fire arrow to signal the catapults to destroy the harpy nests.
    This is another one I often see in Wrothgar zone chat "How do I do Frostbreak Fortress?" Me: "Are you on the 'deal with the harpies' stage? Okay, here's how that works..."

Both of these couldn't be more true!
    A coward believes he will ever live
    if he keep him safe from strife:
    but old age leaves him not long in peace
    though spears may spare his life.
  • xMayhemx
    xMayhemx
    Literally any quest given in Coldharbour. I can't stand that region. I fully completed it the first time but for other run throughs, I do the minimum.
    A coward believes he will ever live
    if he keep him safe from strife:
    but old age leaves him not long in peace
    though spears may spare his life.
  • Umariel
    Umariel
    ✭✭
    I actually can't stand the Stibbons quests....

100% agree. The way Lady Laurent talks in the DC zones makes me want to vomit.

And the Coldharbour ones didn't get any better..
  • Selthia
    Selthia
    ✭✭✭
    The quest in Coldharbour where you have to kill a wisp so you can see the wood elves there, then follow one. The wisp vision is temporary and heaven help you if you get pretty far but the buff falls off.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    The wisps quest in Coldharbour used to be a hated quest until I discovered you can just run straight to the Khajiit (while wisped) to complete it - no more following that Bosmer!

I won't name the quests because I don't want to go searching for them, so I'll describe them instead (and their location):

Auridon:
    The quest where the mother Altmer has you run to 4 shrines to pray for her children. Yeah, yeah, sentimental and all that, but literally all 4 areas are at the sides of the map, with no wayshrines easily accessible. PitA!

Helping the Queen through the orrery. The quest itself wasn't so bad, just how the "story" plays out for the rest of the Auridon quest, with the Queen in complete denial her brother tried to ursurp her.

Greenshade:
    Helping the shodowmen (or is it ashmen?) keep their home. "Thanks for the help, but our guys will still attack you on sight". Bah!

The back story quest of the Wilderqueen. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRING!

Malabal Tor:
    Every. Single. Quest. In. This. Horrible. Zone. Of. Cliffs. And. Roots. Want to get to that quest? Climb a hill, run across a tree root, slip to your death, revive at a wayshrine on the other side of the map. Rinse. Repeat, until you finally find that tiny path to the top of the hill.

Reaper's March:
    Moonlit Walk - Without doubt, the worst quests in the game for me. First, we have to listen to each sister's "fear" story. Then, we have to walk with them through the path of Jone and Jode. I hate these quests with a passion.

A Khajiit gets into a gambling debt and we need to free him, going through ridiculous games before we can get any information of his location (okay, Spikeball is pretty fun). Then, we get to escape and have to fight TWO bosses at the same time, one a freaking healer. Screw up? Don't forget to unlock the Khajiit from the cage or the fight you just won was for nothing. Frustratingly difficult quest for a solo player at low level.

ColdHarbour:
    Rescuing Stibbons. Twice. I wouldn't care in helping him, but is it just me or is he always in these large area quests which require a mount(ain) to get to him.

Thieves Guild:
    Any quest which involves sneaking that allows other players in the same spot, ruining every single attempt at sneaking. Grrrr.

Dark Brotherhood:
    The entire DLC. Having to go out and kill innocent people just to gain rank is NOT what the DB is about. I will never play this DLC again until ZoS fixes this.

Stonefalls:
    If the quest deals with The Brothers of Strife, I don't like them.

Okay, my fingers are tired. Enough complaining for now. ;)

That's a lot of quests you don't like! :D

For DB, aren't you killing people who have contracts/prayers against them? Wouldn't that be in line with the DB?
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That one where a perfectly healthy and go-gooder women goes to investigate why people are disappearing and then winds up getting her eyeballs sucked out and losing her vision completely. :(
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but the nice Argonian lady said she would stay and be her eyes.