The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is your most hated quest in ESO?

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Credit @RupzSkooma for his/her original thread - Found Here

I'm sure the original Dosha will be mentioned a few time but for me its the whole MW question with Sun-in-Shadow, MAN I hated running around for her, I thought it would have been a simple fact of buying her freedom for Eoki and that would be it but NOOOOOOOOOO, I was tortured
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually can't stand the Stibbons quests....

Every racing around timed quest is also on my short list of quests I loathe.

PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a quest in Craglorn intended to be a group quests where you have to follow a ghost and if you miss it sends you back to the start.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The Moonless Walk in Coldharbor - you know, that quest where you have to use the wisps to follow a bosmer Shadow Runner who an absolute pain to follow with very unclear instructions about how to remain undetected, stay in range, and deal with enemies in the path. This one was very frustrating and I often hear people in zone chat saying "How do I do the Moonless Walk?" My solution is to follow the runner, killing as I go, then purposefully fail so that I can start over with a clear path, refreshing the wisp thing as I need.

2. Frostbreak Fortress "Deal with the Harpies" quest stage in Wrothgar - There are harpies all over the place, and I'm killing them thinking "haven't I dealt with enough of them already?" Nope. There's a trick to it. What the quest doesn't tell you is
    that you have to go to the two towers, talk to Eveli Sharp-Arrow and then she will shoot a fire arrow to signal the catapults to destroy the harpy nests.
    This is another one I often see in Wrothgar zone chat "How do I do Frostbreak Fortress?" Me: "Are you on the 'deal with the harpies' stage? Okay, here's how that works..."
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold harbor shadow elves wisp quest
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't remember the name but it is in coldharbor and you have to follow this bosmer I think and it is very easy to lose him and when you do you have to start over. It is a terrible quest and should be removed from the game.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The Moonless Walk in Coldharbor - you know, that quest where you have to use the wisps to follow a bosmer Shadow Runner who an absolute pain to follow with very unclear instructions about how to remain undetected, stay in range, and deal with enemies in the path. This one was very frustrating and I often hear people in zone chat saying "How do I do the Moonless Walk?" My solution is to follow the runner, killing as I go, then purposefully fail so that I can start over with a clear path, refreshing the wisp thing as I need.
    Don't remember the name but it is in coldharbor and you have to follow this bosmer I think and it is very easy to lose him and when you do you have to start over. It is a terrible quest and should be removed from the game.

This quest :)
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one where you have to talk to a stupid NPC, do some task for them by pressing E in a few places, then kill a few things and turn it in and get a piece of trash gear.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the one where you are forced to talk to stuga so she will stfu
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones that send us across the entire continent several times over. CWC intro I am looking at you.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The TG heists and DB sacraments. They are sooooo slow and boring.
    stam scrub
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this one I can answer for sure!

Probably the dumbest of the dumbest quests I ever encountered in any game.

In Alik'r desert, a mine, two npcs to save, a spider Daedra smartassing around like my character was an utter fool, where there were no choice to kill it.

I was forced to leave in that place one npc or both, the Spider Daedra was untouchable for some reason.

I really don't like poor written quests pretending "it's the hard choice" when it's just "I force you to do something you don't like so you get annoyed and this become a meaningful quest because you got annoyed".

If I want to get annoyed and feel defeated no matter what I go visit my Accountant, I don't play a game.

Really dumb quest.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

I got a good chuckle out this comment
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    The quest with sun in shadow, my God the Dummer are right to keep these oversized lizards as slaves
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hatching Pools quests in Shadowfen.

One of those elves eating an Argonian egg, and then the Dominion wiping out more than half of the remaining ones... Sickening
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those timed ones where you have to chase fairy lights. Loathe. and. Detest.

The Moonless Walk was a doddle, I just went to where you'd wind up if you bothered trying to follow the wisp whatsits, I just ignored or killed everything along the way and got it done.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The TG heists are probably the most frustrating quests I have ever done. I absolutely cannot do them without something that lets me sneak at 100% speed, and I need the Locksmith perk maxed out too. I need hiding potions on any character that isn't a Nightblade too.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

I still want to be able to kill her
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely the sun in shadow quest. I just wanted to turn that stupid lizard into a pair of boots.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tbh I think many of the vanilla quests are incredibly lackluster and irritating in comparison to DLC content.

I enjoy the guilds and the main story
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trials, nobody wants a nightblade in trials, specially a scrubby nb, trials are like sounds of crickets to me.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quest in the north of Auridon. You help a guy get his heirloom, which you then find out is cursed as it turns him mad. You have to kill him and on your way out his ancestors tell you how that curse ruined their life only to find his mother outside and she gives the admitting murderer of her child money to thank him, despite not knowing for sure what actually happened. First time I ever hated a quest.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on February 10, 2018 1:58AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kerbol's Hollow questline. Absolutely none of my characters are stupid enough to go along with those idiotic decisions.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recall being very irritated by the one in Valenwood with the city that only phases into Nirn once every great long while. The mer chosen to play 'anchor' has a wife and she's pregnant, but playing anchor requires him to stay behind while the rest of the city goes off to paradise. Your options at the end are:

--Tell the anchor mer to do the job he was chosen for, separating him from his wife until the next time the city comes back - which will be after their baby has grown up
    --Tell him to go with the city, keeping it from ever phasing back to Nirn ever again

The obvious solution - which you CAN'T actually do in-game - is to have the wife stay behind too, and they can raise the baby together and have a dozen more if they like. But this obvious solution is not available, and they don't even bother to handwave a reason for why not. :/
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

The obvious solution - which you CAN'T actually do in-game - is to have the wife stay behind too, and they can raise the baby together and have a dozen more if they like. But this obvious solution is not available, and they don't even bother to handwave a reason for why not. :/

Yeah, that is stunningly dumb.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Yeah, that is stunningly dumb.

Maybe it's not allowed: the woman is a part of the village and has to go with it. Only the one chosen can stay behind on Nirn
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    The Hatching Pools quests in Shadowfen.

One of those elves eating an Argonian egg, and then the Dominion wiping out more than half of the remaining ones... Sickening

Am I the only1 having Argonian-egg omlete in the morning here?...you know what they say...take your argonian nutriments a day, keeps the rolling cyrodill zergs away!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 3:12AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 3:11AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only quest I hate is the one at Forelhost only because you have to do it to get the skyshard that is up there.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • HorrorShow
    HorrorShow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the Sun in Shadow hate.

Just an annoying character that did nothing to make me actually care about her situation.
    "Never go in, miss. Never say a prayer at its door. If you are angry, do not seek revenge by the Laughing Maiden Stone, or at the threshold of the Tombs. There be those who listen for oaths and vows...What may be said in innocence and ire becomes flesh and blood in such places."
    -Old Marsh