The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is your most hated quest in ESO?

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Thieves Guild heists. I hate them so much that I refuse to do them ever again. They're the most frustrating, awful things I've ever done in a game, ever.
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    1. The Moonless Walk in Coldharbor - you know, that quest where you have to use the wisps to follow a bosmer Shadow Runner who an absolute pain to follow with very unclear instructions about how to remain undetected, stay in range, and deal with enemies in the path. This one was very frustrating and I often hear people in zone chat saying "How do I do the Moonless Walk?" My solution is to follow the runner, killing as I go, then purposefully fail so that I can start over with a clear path, refreshing the wisp thing as I need.

A winner...
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    The TG heists are probably the most frustrating quests I have ever done. I absolutely cannot do them without something that lets me sneak at 100% speed, and I need the Locksmith perk maxed out too. I need hiding potions on any character that isn't a Nightblade too.

Shadowdancer set - 2 rings, 1 amulet and 2 other pieces - rest medium armor - lets you move at normal speed while hidden.
  • tuwtle
    tuwtle
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    At this one I can answer for sure!
    I really don't like poor written quests pretending "it's the hard choice" when it's just "I force you to do something you don't like so you get annoyed and this become a meaningful quest because you got annoyed".
    Yeah I hate those daedra summoning plot of the week quests because they don't give you any chance to role play. Just railroad your character in to being so stupid. Sure you can abandon the quest but I would much rather just shank the lying summoner right there.

Edit: The main pact questline in Fort Amol does the same thing. You know exactly what's going on because you overhear a conversation at the start but you are forced to run around gaining intel for the bad guy because the big twist has been labored over enough.
    Edited by tuwtle on February 11, 2018 5:19AM
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    1. The Moonless Walk in Coldharbor - you know, that quest where you have to use the wisps to follow a bosmer Shadow Runner who an absolute pain to follow with very unclear instructions about how to remain undetected, stay in range, and deal with enemies in the path. This one was very frustrating and I often hear people in zone chat saying "How do I do the Moonless Walk?" My solution is to follow the runner, killing as I go, then purposefully fail so that I can start over with a clear path, refreshing the wisp thing as I need.
    Don't remember the name but it is in coldharbor and you have to follow this bosmer I think and it is very easy to lose him and when you do you have to start over. It is a terrible quest and should be removed from the game.

This quest :)

You can seriously just touch a whisp and head directly up to the point where the Lamia appears and the Bosmer shouting : "Give us the Cat, Snake." Just don't make a super huge turn around the area and you'll be fine.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonless Walk was annoying the first few times I played it through. These days it's the habit of Harborage followers to always get in the way of switches and toggles that get's me pissed off at the game.
    Halcyon Black
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    The TG heists and DB sacraments. They are sooooo slow and boring.

I would have gone with this because they are such a tedious grind, you can’t even group up and do a bunch of them to save time. But now it’s the one with sun in shadow. Got realy angry when I realised I couldn’t help the caged slaves. Now I make a point of killing every telvani npc I can
    Edited by Integral1900 on February 10, 2018 7:16AM
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    Trial of the fang. No self healing, as a Templar it's solid.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every quest that has a part with a time limit, as they are extremely hard to do for me due to a disability I suffer from. I don't mind them when they're part of sidequests, but when they're part of a main quest for a zone and thus block your progress... that's just horrible.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Ermiq
      Ermiq
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I hate those quests where you have to interact with some objects but you can't find a right angle to pop up the "press E" prompt.
      One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
      Me is russian little bad in english :b
    • madchuska83
      madchuska83
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      How about the event quests? Go here, jump off bridge, return. Go here, dance, return. Go here....
    • Valykc
      Valykc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The personal quest to get Mage’s Guild at level 10
      Edited by Valykc on February 10, 2018 6:40PM
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Tryxus wrote: »
      Maybe it's not allowed: the woman is a part of the village and has to go with it. Only the one chosen can stay behind on Nirn

Hence my complaining about the lack of hand-waving. No explanation along those lines is given, and it's something obvious enough to need one.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    • D0PAMINE
      D0PAMINE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      SisterGoat wrote: »
      The TG heists are probably the most frustrating quests I have ever done. I absolutely cannot do them without something that lets me sneak at 100% speed, and I need the Locksmith perk maxed out too. I need hiding potions on any character that isn't a Nightblade too.

I managed to do it on a bulky ass StamDK with the rogue stealth pots. No passives and no vamp. Just takes some extra awareness, and im sure you can do it.
    • Grimm13
      Grimm13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's the original main storyline. You get sent on errands to be talked at and can not interact with the npc's or environment. Might as well just play a video and not make be follow to click to continue the narration.

The whole things needs to be reworked so it's a fun quest and to revamp it so it fits the Morrowind story as well. The two starting stories have such a huge disconnect between them.
      https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
      It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    • RDMyers65b14_ESO
      RDMyers65b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have one quest that I drop every time I get it. Although it can be completed under a day now, I still drop it as it is the slowest kill quest.

Kill enemy wardens.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Every racing around timed quest is also on my short list of quests I loathe.

I find some timed quests to be annoying. The most annoying variety are where there is a short timer (just what is needed) but the objectives are not clear upon first attempt, so failure seems to be expected at the onset.

The artificial timers on the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood special assignments annoy me, but this is mainly because it feels contrived.
      How about the event quests? Go here, jump off bridge, return. Go here, dance, return. Go here....

I actually like most of those. Some of them are based on a silly premise, like Castle Charm Challenge, or have silly mechanics, like Signal Fire Sprint, but they tend to be quick, fun, and some are unusually social for this game.

Several people have mentioned quests where obvious endings are denied. I don't like it when we are just puppets in some writer's fantasy story and have no will of our own to take an obvious solution that the writer doesn't want us to take.
      Sun in Shadow's quest line is one. There is a point where she is exactly where she needs to be, and I see no reason to not end the quest line right there. It is necessary to play along with the writer the first time, though.
      Edited by Elsonso on February 11, 2018 12:43PM
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sun in Shadow.

The whole quest forced me to do things one way for someone who I really didn't have any interest in helping. This quest really could have benefited from an alternate line early on where you work against her.
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • Beardimus
      Beardimus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Scroll mission.

If you don't have the right one you get NOTHING for a lengthy run and capture.

If you do its 3k AP

They are the name sake of the game yet so unrewarding!!
      Xbox One | EU | EP
      Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
      Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
      1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
      Alts - - for the Lolz
      Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
      Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
      Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
      Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
      Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
      Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
      Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
      Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
      Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    • Zorgon_The_Revenged
      Zorgon_The_Revenged
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Any quest that triggers a repetitive NPC line whenever I walk past, not the random ones, but the ones that are often tied to main quests and are placed so I encounter them every hour of every day. I usually instantly regret doing the quest.
    • JobooAGS
      JobooAGS
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The spider mine quest in the alikir desert. Why cant you save both?
    • JamieAubrey
      JamieAubrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      Sun in Shadow.

The whole quest forced me to do things one way for someone who I really didn't have any interest in helping. This quest really could have benefited from an alternate line early on where you work against her.

Or kill her
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A few more quests I don't like.

3. "The Harborage" wherein the Prophet walks around and talks at me while introducing a bunch of NPCs and the whole backsotry to the game while he moves soooo slooowly. Like molasses. (Not to be confused with Pacrooti's Mole Asses) Its a decent quest the first time a player does it, but on my 3rd character onwards, I was heartily wishing for a fast forward button.

4. The Rivenspire questline. This was ruined for me by one of the main characters, Count Verandis Ravenwatch. This vampire Count is supposed to be one of the good guys and a helpful ally and is treated as such by the developers and writers of this questline. However,
      He's partially at fault for everything bad that happens in the questline because he lacks the strength of his convictions to stand up to Baron Montclair, leads his allies into an obvious trap I saw coming a mile away and gets most of them killed, and then sacrifices himself to bring the vampiric artifact of doom straight to...Molag Bal. My Vestige was not pleased. I can't forgive him for trying to pull "I'm the noble vampire" while right below his castle is a whole town of people who have been destroyed by a bloodcurse that he doesn't seem to give a **** about. I was really annoyed that Count Verandis got the "good guy" treatment by the writers of the quest when it was pretty clear to me that he was nothing of the sort. I badly wanted the option to tell High King Emeric, "Why do you trust this guy again? He's clearly incompetent if not outright unworthy of a position of authority and trust."
    • Aesthier
      Aesthier
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Any quest that gives me a follower who always stays so close to me that they either get in the way of me looting something or they break my stealth everytime they see me.

Please make those guys back off about 10-20 feet.
    • TazESO
      TazESO
      ✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      Sun in Shadow.

Or kill her

THIS.
    • DoctorESO
      DoctorESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I don't think I have a most hated quest.
    • Morgul667
      Morgul667
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      THIEF guild quests :(
    • leeux
      leeux
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't know if hate is the proper word, but there's a few quests I did only once and never ever will do again (or, for a few cases, I dropped them even the first time I was doing them.)

One is the quest in Rift where:
      Tovisa loses her eyes.

Other one is the one in Bangkorai mentioned above.

There's one in Wrothgar I abandoned due to the fact that you're forced
      to kill one of the prisoners to progress (and you have to chose which one.)

There's also that one in Riften too,
      where you either have to sacrifice a commander or trick a Reachman prisoner to sacrifice himself to open a door... that one I can say I hate, because there's no way to avoid it since it's part of the main quest for the zone.
      PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
      Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
      Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
      I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
      ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
      ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
      ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
      ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
      ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    • DoctorESO
      DoctorESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      leeux wrote: »
      I don't know if hate is the proper word, but there's a few quests I did only once and never ever will do again (or, for a few cases, I dropped them even the first time I was doing them.)

One is the quest in Rift where:
      Tovisa loses her eyes.

Actually, I do have a most hated quest. It's that one. I forgot about that.
      leeux wrote: »
      There's one in Wrothgar I abandoned due to the fact that you're forced
      to kill one of the prisoners to progress (and you have to chose which one.)

Can't you avoid that by picking the right dialogue?
    • Autumnhart
      Autumnhart
      ✭✭✭✭
      The Moonless Walk
      Shadow hide you.