Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nocturnals Favor...

TheDoomsdayMonster
TheDoomsdayMonster
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a question about this set for those that might know, does passively dodging attacks (with Major or Minor Evasion) proc the heal?
Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on May 19, 2018 6:19AM
Unyeilding Bias
PSN TheLordofMurder
PS4 NA
Magicka Templar
DC
The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • 3DJutsu
    3DJutsu
    That's how you proc it mate. =3
    Edited by 3DJutsu on May 19, 2018 6:27AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so bad
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3DJutsu wrote: »

So just so I'm clear, does the heal proc on active dodging (where you manually dodge an attack), passive dodging (Major or Minor Evasion), or both?

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on May 19, 2018 6:42AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So just so I'm clear, does the heal proc on active dodging (where you manually dodge an attack), passive dodging (Major or Minor Evasion), or both?

The engine draws no difference between those options. If you evade an attack, whether by chance or guarantee, it is a dodge. NF activates upon dodge.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »

The engine draws no difference between those options. If you evade an attack, whether by chance or guarantee, it is a dodge. NF activates upon dodge.

That's exactly what I wanted to know...

Thanx.

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so bad

I'm not so sure I agree with that...

I definitely have a build in mind that will make use of this set...

Time will tell if it is worth it or not however...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so bad

I'm not so sure I agree with that...

I definitely have a build in mind that will make use of this set...

Time will tell if it is worth it or not however...

The most obvious for me on this set is to use it with hist bark permablock. Just so you know, swarm mother works with shield wall ult soo add that with time freeze and the perma dodge block. Lolz
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has a cool down of 2 sec. Meaning 2k hps base at best.

In PvP you sacrifice oh so much for oh so very little.

For PvE why in the hell would you use a set to gain 2k hps? Not as a tank (your heals and sets will bring far more than 2k hps) not as a DD and not as a healer.

It's just a bad bad set
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For PvE why in the hell would you use a set to gain 2k hps? Not as a tank (your heals and sets will bring far more than 2k hps) not as a DD and not as a healer.

It's just a bad bad set

Although I have no intention of using the set in PvE, it is actually a 4k heal, not 2k...

As regards PvP, getting a 2k heal every time you passively dodge might actually be pretty decent; I can see this set having synergy with Spectre's Eye as a result...

Between passive and active dodging, this set can give good survivability...

Add in Troll King, and you could have tremendous survivability...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on May 19, 2018 7:33PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just a bad bad set

Although I have no intention of using the set in PvE, it is actually a 4k heal, not 2k...

As regards PvP, getting a 2k heal every time you passively dodge might actually be pretty decent; I can see this set having synergy with Spectre's Eye as a result...

4k every 2 sec or 2k heal per second aka hps.

It's horrible, in PvE and PvP
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's just a bad bad set

I agree that it's nothing to get excited about, BUT I still kinda want to try it with Troll King. As a medium Stam toon, the first thing usually you do when you get bursted is break free and roll. IMO the practical value of the set is not necessarily the HPS it provides, but how much faster you should be able to recover from a burst and get on the offensive. So idk, probably still bad but I want to try.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

It's just a bad bad set

I agree that it's nothing to get excited about, BUT I still kinda want to try it with Troll King. As a medium Stam toon, the first thing usually you do when you get bursted is break free and roll. IMO the practical value of the set is not necessarily the HPS it provides, but how much faster you should be able to recover from a burst and get on the offensive. So idk, probably still bad but I want to try.

Agreed...

@Waffennacht

You may ultimately be right as pertains this sets practical value...

But you just can't automatically condemn the set to death without properly testing it out...

I think it brings enough to the table (on paper atleast) to warrant some gameplay use...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

It's just a bad bad set

Agreed...

@Waffennacht

You may ultimately be right as pertains this sets practical value...

But you just can't automatically condemn the set to death without properly testing it out...

I think it brings enough to the table (on paper atleast) to warrant some gameplay use...

Oh I'm all for testing!

The sad fact is I'm actually giving it a better value than it realistically will have.

I'm assuming you proc it instantly on cool down - which is either impossible or extremely expensive (either you actively roll Dodge - with it's increasing cost or you rely on evasion). In reality the proc will be more akin to 1 per 4/5 sec making it's true value horrid.

Then let's see the opportunity cost of this set. - health bonus and the 5th piece just a heal, the added strength of something like Hundling will give Vigor the increased tooltip to match Nocturnal (why even bother with nocturnal if you have a dmg scaling heal?)

So you're wpn dmg loss will not only hurt your damage, the added heals from the set would be negated as well.

Of course testing is the only way, I just haven't seen something this bad on paper before
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see the point in this set as well. And actually doesn't it say something about "successfully" dodge?
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works best with a group of mobs, it seems to proc on basis of each mob attacking you, rather than as a whole. The cd is also 2s, so it will proc often.

Against bosses though, its effectiveness is reduced. With the extra tools from the psijic line though, it does get easier to tank imo and help out the group.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster you do realize it has to be a successful dodge, right?

Also, watch the Alcast video on it. It really does suck in more ways than one, for PvE and PvP.

https://youtu.be/joNWVOrfvRw
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster you do realize it has to be a successful dodge, right?

Also, watch the Alcast video on it. It really does suck in more ways than one, for PvE and PvP.

https://youtu.be/joNWVOrfvRw

er... I think Alcast got that wrong. its to "Succesfully Dodge" not dodge roll. All he needed to do was to roll a nightbalde and check it out with Mirage. Even the tooltip states dodge, not dodge roll.

If it was, it would have been like Senche's Bite or that minotaur set in HotR

Of Wolf and Raven
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like it was designed for NB tanks but there are better sets, like Bahraha, Leeching or even Resilient Yokeda.

It has a 15% chance of procing & the heal does not scale with number of opponents you're facing (unlike the above)

Would of preferred to see it proc something other than another heal :( Something like a balanced down caltrops would of been nice.
    Edited by aeowulf on May 21, 2018 11:23AM
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I'm really gonna say any further, is that there are much better sets out there than this piece of crap.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.