Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sometimes healers are the most toxic player in 4person pug

TheMythicDawn
TheMythicDawn
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been seeing on the forum lots of talk and complaints of toxic players. Usually this is aimed at dps in a pug group or players that run fake roles. But sometimes the healer is the most toxic in a group. Some healers will get mad at you for taking too much damage or pulling too many add and they will get bitter and resentful and refuse to do their job as healer. They will get snarky at you positioning an belittle you as a newer dps or tank

I ran pug with a few healrs that yelled at dps and tanks for dying or taking damage and then refused to heal them for not playing the way the healer thinks is proper to play.

yes usually it is the high cp DPS that are the most toxic in pug, but sometimes its the healer and it always feels weird getting a healer like that
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well do what we say or kick us.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably because they feel like they have failed and they want to shift the responsibility of it onto somebody else in the eyes of the group as to give the illusion the fault it not on them.
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the healer who's not healing. We were pissed and he just said, "Sorry I don't heal".
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    healing is the easiest job in a dungeon, so healers should just heal and shut up, mhm.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because they feel like they have failed and they want to shift the responsibility of it onto somebody else in the eyes of the group as to give the illusion the fault it not on them.

Yeah I've had a few runs in vet DLC dungeons where a healer would rage quit and say the DPS is too low for a completion (Ruins of Mazzatun, Bloodroot Forge), then we get a replacement healer and get the clear.

Funny thing is, when you try to tell these types of healers that the DPS isn't the problem, it goes in one ear and right out the other.
  • ramenwaifu
    ramenwaifu
    ✭✭
    why not solve toxicity instead of pointing it out (again...)

since we all know it’s there, and it’s always going to be there.

or why not say some ways you can fight against it/avoid it since we’ve all experienced it.
    NA PSN: Abymen
    g's waifu
    Thottie I Magplar I AD
    Tharjae I Warden I Tank I AD
    Mat'ilda I Stamblade I DC
    console peasant
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just stay outside the red circles bruh!
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been seeing on the forum lots of talk and complaints of toxic players. Usually this is aimed at dps in a pug group or players that run fake roles. But sometimes the healer is the most toxic in a group. Some healers will get mad at you for taking too much damage or pulling too many add and they will get bitter and resentful and refuse to do their job as healer. They will get snarky at you positioning an belittle you as a newer dps or tank

I ran pug with a few healrs that yelled at dps and tanks for dying or taking damage and then refused to heal them for not playing the way the healer thinks is proper to play.

yes usually it is the high cp DPS that are the most toxic in pug, but sometimes its the healer and it always feels weird getting a healer like that

Healers have the best view of the field. Healers have to have this, so they can see everyone. So if your healer is telling you to not stand in red, or to not stand in front of the boss, or to correct your position in some other way, or to use your shield, etc, you should listen. They're the ones keeping you alive. They know what it takes.

Are some healers jerks? Sure. I'll admit that I've seen a few. But most are just trying to do their job and keep you alive. The job to do that is much harder when people are doing all the wrong things.

Only time I'll straight up not heal you is if you're repeatedly standing in red and refuse to correct your position after I let you know.

I'm not burning through my mag to heal you through your own stupidity. I'll let you learn through dying.
    PC-NA Goat
  • MuchShock
    MuchShock
    ✭✭✭
    CdVD2whWEAAOFcv.jpg
    I have some characters, play the game and do stuff. It's fun sometimes.

Xbox-NA
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positioning does matter a lot to warden healers. But yeah I agree I have seen my fair share of toxic healers.
    [DC/NA]
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well healers and tanks do control your positioning as a dps you either listen to them or die period. plus if your doing what me and my guild mates call standing in stupid(taking damage and not moving like a smart person) yea they have every right to get mad at you or let you die so you get the point and MOVE! but yea if their mad 99% of the time its your fault if your a dps.
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is a learning processs and I see that healers can have their job made harder if players are doing sloppy things. But that doesn't excuse the toxic healers berating and badgering the other players, we are a team after all trying to achive the same goal :)
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A healer goes through alot of stress when the tank or the DPS are lacking so it's easy to get frustrated, lose patience and eventually rage.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A healer goes through alot of stress when the tank or the DPS are lacking so it's easy to get frustrated, lose patience and eventually rage.

Could be said of any role
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be said of any role

no if a tank cant tank healing them is a major issue. and if your a dps that stands in stupid..........yea thats self explanatory
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say you have about a 25% chance your statement is accurate.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a dungeon run and I caused our group to wipe again and again.

The healer was very nice though. He kept typing WTF WTF WTF man! Which made me feel a lot better because I’m pretty sure WTF means Way to Fight!

Edited by Graydon on May 18, 2018 8:52PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toxicity has nothing to do with class or even ESO.

It's a societal issue that's emerged in western nations and starts at the top in some prominent countries. There are too many angry children in the bodies of adults.
    Edited by zyk on May 18, 2018 8:53PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In average yes but far less for me as I mostly heal.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Toxicity has nothing to do with class or even ESO.

It's a societal issue that's emerged in western nations and starts at the top in some prominent countries. There are too many angry children in the bodies of adults.

I’m pretty sure that explains Ghengis Kahn’s rampage.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "I belittle you because I love you" - Healers.

Honest truth, I will state mechanics all of three timers. If you die repeatedly with 0 improvement, I'm going to be bitter about it and I will let you know it, regardless if I'm a DPS/Tank/Healer because it's not a role specific mentality but a player mentality. If you are dying to something because you don't understand WTF you're doing, say so in chat, else you WILL be yelled/belittled/kicked/etc. for holding the group back.

Takes 5 seconds to type "I'm new to this dungeons". Save yourself a lot of issues in the long haul by that one statement alone.
    Argonian forever
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well I can only speak from my experience and maybe you are fortunate enough to not experience a toxic healer. I did not say this happens a lot, I said it happens sometimes and it isn't that hard to believe when you observe other people have had similar stories

but i can respect your skepticism although i feel it is misplaced
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nailed it.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I can't stand watching the kids sit in the red puddles of death playing while I'm sweating

Exactly. Nothing irritates me more when healing than to watch people playing in the red kiddie pools of death. It's like roll the F out of there rock ape! Luckily I'm a nice guy and the only person who hears me screaming that are the dogs, the wife, and my monitor.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    I know I can't stand watching the kids sit in the red puddles of death playing while I'm sweating

Exactly. Nothing irritates me more when healing than to watch people playing in the red kiddie pools of death. It's like roll the F out of there rock ape! Luckily I'm a nice guy and the only person who hears me screaming that are the dogs, the wife, and my monitor.

if i see a person standing in stupid ill litterally stop healing them and let them die then correct them when they res
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a part-time healer I'll report today's experience on the group finder. Yes I know, stick to running with guildies etc etc. Well they didn't need a healer at the time so I threw myself to the finder after having picked the pledges.

First try, I'm greeted by the great blue portal of bad news. I check the map. The group is deep in the dungeon. "Hey we're on the last boss." I check the pledge and it requires not just the last boss but two more. I left because there was no point in joining halfway.

Second try, I'm greeted by the great blue portal of bad news. I check the map. The group is deep in the dungeon. "Hey we're on the last boss." I check the pledge and it requires not just the last boss but two more. I left because there was no point in joining halfway. Again. Even though it was a different dungeon.

Third try. DLC dung pops. Let's keep our hopes up. I'm greeted by the accursed portal again. At least the group was on the second boss which was the first required for pledge. I join the group. There is at least one 700+CP DD. I think this won't be too bad. I was wrong. The 700+CP DD stood way in the back, far far away from the group. All the better to spam Snipe. Snipe. Snipe. Snipe. Snipe. Not even light attacks. I stood behind them watching to make sure I was seeing right. Okay maybe the other DD can even it out. Alas they were low CP, but even though it took a while, the boss eventually died.

Next waves of trash. Sniper stands in the red because they can not move and DPS at the same time. Either one or the other, but not both. They died. And died. And died. The tank was doing the very best to hold all the trash while the two DDs chipped away at their health. Eventually I commented "guys I don't think we have what it takes to kill the last boss." I was trying to stay positive but Falkreath isn't an easy dungeon, and that last boss wipes even good groups. Eventually we got to the bone boss. Tank keeps running all over instead of trying to stack 2 of the bosses. DDs keep standing on the red again. We wipe. Tank DCs. One DD leaves. It was hopeless at that time. I left too.

Fourth attempt. Falk pops again. And yet again I'm greeted with the blue portal. At this point I'm considering just logging out and go do something else. The map fools me telling the group is somewhere between the two first bosses. They were not. They were on the last. At least I could grab a motif if nothing else. CP300~ tank states "hey guys I'm new to veteran dungeons, what am I supposed to do?" There goes my hope. I mentioned that was one of the DLC dungeons meaning they were generally hard. Tank acknowledged and asked what he was supposed to do.

At this point I had two options. Either drop out because it was another lost battle, or waste a long time typing the entire mechanics for Domihaus to a group which will fail regardless. "Left or right," I asked simply. "Left" one of the DDs stated before pulling. Okay I suppose they know what to do then. Tank did his best. When the one shot pillar mechanic came, I hid behind the left one. Tank died on the boss' face together with one DD. The other DD hid behind some random pillar at the other side of the room. At this point I don't even remember which of the DDs had said 'left'. Either the one who died in the middle or the one who picked a random pillar on the right. I simply wrote "what happened to 'left'?" The tank who had no idea what was going on and therefore wasn't fully at fault stated he was on the left side of the boss. Yeah. That was definitely not happening. Someone left. I left.

At this point I decided I wouldn't queue again. I had wasted a bunch of soul gems rezing people. I had consumed a pile of repair kits. And after wasting over two hours and not even having Maj's pledge done, I was definitely going to start being 'toxic' to the next group I was put in.

And this is my reason today for acting like a jerk.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »

The thing is that this is to be expected in a pick up group. People who aren't willing to deal with bad players shouldn't use the group finder.

It would drive me crazy too, therefore I have almost never used it.
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    if i see a person standing in stupid ill litterally stop healing them and let them die then correct them when they res
    I see a lot of healers say this, but it actually makes you a worse player than the guy standing in red. You chose to play in a random pick up group. Take ownership of your choice.
    Edited by zyk on May 18, 2018 9:31PM
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty toxic. I've refused to heal because some dps doesn't understand that they shouldn't pull before a tank.

Or if they are a fake tank and can't survive without been baby sat. They really never get healed by me.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're just mad because they know they're playing the most useless role in 4 man content.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA