The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sometimes healers are the most toxic player in 4person pug

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Zardayne wrote: »
    I know I can't stand watching the kids sit in the red puddles of death playing while I'm sweating
    just stay outside the red circles bruh!

Exactly. Nothing irritates me more when healing than to watch people playing in the red kiddie pools of death. It's like roll the F out of there rock ape! Luckily I'm a nice guy and the only person who hears me screaming that are the dogs, the wife, and my monitor.

The thing is that this is to be expected in a pick up group. People who aren't willing to deal with bad players shouldn't use the group finder.

It would drive me crazy too, therefore I have almost never used it.
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    if i see a person standing in stupid ill litterally stop healing them and let them die then correct them when they res
    I see a lot of healers say this, but it actually makes you a worse player than the guy standing in red. You chose to play in a random pick up group. Take ownership of your choice.

im normally rolling with 2 other guild mates and we just need another dps. the only way to make them learn is to force them if they wanna stand in stupid let them get killed. by being a healer that heals someone through it your just inspiring idiots who think the healers gonna keep them up through everything.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChrisToTheCanvas sorry you encountered some toxic healers. Yes, dps and tanks can do things to make healing harder but my view is that healers don't drive the show - we simply try to support it and make it go better. My little elven healplar will readily grit her teeth, raise her hand when someone dies and claim responsibility (whether it actually is her fault or not) because she was trained that when someone dies it is always the healer's fault, lol.

As far as withholding healing, my elf just isn't built that way - healing/support is her calling and to withhold it (for any reason) is simply not in her nature. She can't even stop herself from healing summons.

Hang in there; there are plenty of supportive healers out there.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    This song always makes me (a healer) think about my party standing in the red, LOL.

"How Can You Stand There?!" by English Beat
    PC NA
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a tank. I hate fake tanks. I literally wish there was a way that I could program my heals to not heal them. I'll gladly tank my heart out for bad healers or bad dos if I get them. But for some reason when I put the healer hat on I git judgy.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toxic people play all roles..
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it rather funny when I'm doing over 60% of the healing when I'm on my sap tank. Is the healer even TRYING to heal???
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kinda of healer refuses to heal players if anything their the U in PUG
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What kinda of healer refuses to heal players if anything their the U in PUG

One who breaks the Hippocratic Oath.

Or one who took the Hypocratic Oath instead (a healer who doesn't heal). Or is that the Oxymoronic Oath?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    A healer goes through alot of stress when the tank or the DPS are lacking so it's easy to get frustrated, lose patience and eventually rage.

Could be said of any role

no if a tank cant tank healing them is a major issue. and if your a dps that stands in stupid..........yea thats self explanatory

What I meant is if each role isn't doing there job then it can be stressful , guess you didn't bother to read
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    healing is the easiest job in a dungeon, so healers should just heal and shut up, mhm.

Then they are not doing their job as a healer. Healer = buffs, debuffs, healing and damage. If I don't pull 10k+ as a healer, it is either a trial or I'm asleep.

And there is no rotation or DPS macro that does the job. You can't just sleep walk through a fight mashing the same 7 buttons and (sometimes) dodging out of red.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try healing DDs in vet dungeons having only 15k health...
    Receiving burst damage, they die instantly withing a second,
    and then accuse the healer of not healing or tanks of not taunting...
    healing is the easiest job in a dungeon, so healers should just heal and shut up
    Easiest job is DD. These guys only have to care for a target.
    Medium job is healing. These guys have to care for the entire group.
    Heaviest job is tanking. These guys have to care for the entire dungeon and the mechanics.

You should play each role some time to get a feeling about his...

Edited by BalticBlues on May 19, 2018 6:18AM
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is, they have no control over whats happening. If your dps is bad nothing they can do about it, they can't carry you. Also if you keep running around and getting hit by everything nothing they can do about it. All they can do is heal and ress you I you suck and that can be frustrating. Same goes for the tank, but at least it's not that tank's job to keep you alive.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well do what we say or kick us.

>:)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "There's a time to take damage. There's a time to deal it. There's a time to ignore all else, and do your best to Heal it. Then there's a time to laugh while they all BURN." ~Healer's Motto
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay truth...

I would love to heal with you...had a group had get mad because I wanted bigger pulls. I mean doesn't everyone run to boss on craddle of shadows?

I sometimes wish my groups took more damage especially on dungeons...I am so familiar with. Can I get a leader board for a no deaths?

Unless I am impatient or you caught at bad time of month, I don't really care how much you dps ypu do unless it's a dps check. I know 3 to 5 different ways to do the fight. I have every support skill unlocked in game. If I can't heal it nobody can.

Now don't catch when tanking it's vote to kick for standing in red. I am a real jerk then.

~ won't let you die till you killed everything for me!
    Edited by Tasear on May 19, 2018 8:07AM
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite toxic when I play non-templar and non-sorc healer toon. Because I have no BoL or Matriarch and DD's that constantly stand in red make me mad.

When I play my templar heal main I'm the calmest and nicest person in the world.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure the point of the OP other than blowing off steam but this is not a healer issue, it is a person issue.

What OP mentions is no different than a DPS that starts the pulls. A DPS was being a jerk in chat. I stated I did not have to deal with such behavior. He found himself vote kicked by the healer and other dps. lol.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try healing DDs in vet dungeons having only 15k health...
    Receiving burst damage, they die instantly withing a second,
    and then accuse the healer of not healing or tanks of not taunting...
    healing is the easiest job in a dungeon, so healers should just heal and shut up
    Easiest job is DD. These guys only have to care for a target.
    Medium job is healing. These guys have to care for the entire group.
    Heaviest job is tanking. These guys have to care for the entire dungeon and the mechanics.

You should play each role some time to get a feeling about his...

Flip places of medium and heavy around. We usually heal mechanical mistakes frpm dps and tank.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fun fact about healing in ESO. there is no triage the way it exists in other games. I cannot target or not target specific people and only specific people. my heals are either "smart" (as in they will hit anyone within my range) directional (player or players in front of me) or ground based (stand in good circle, not the bad circle) if you are not getting any of the above? YOU are the one doing something wrong. if I start losing it and yell at you to stop standing in fire or poison, or get progressively more shrill about you NOT trying to stand behind me? its because I'm still actualy trying to keep you alive. if i stop talking to you and you start dying? given how healing in ESO works, you have no one but yourself to blame. my priority is the group. not you as an individual. the group. if focusing on you, means I let the group health drop bellow my comfort levels? guess what? I'm going to focus on majority of the group. not you. majority.

there is ONE exception to above. and that exception is if mechanic of the fight specifically calls for people to split up and not all be in a group in front of me. but in those cases, at least in my experience, there tends to be a lot less unavoidable damage in general, to compensate for having to split healing focus. and even then.. if I have to split my focus becasue mechanic, and you are dying to damage that is AVOIDABLE? refer to above - you have no one but yourself to blame.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well do what we say or kick us.

lol xD
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    I have been seeing on the forum lots of talk and complaints of toxic players. Usually this is aimed at dps in a pug group or players that run fake roles. But sometimes the healer is the most toxic in a group. Some healers will get mad at you for taking too much damage or pulling too many add and they will get bitter and resentful and refuse to do their job as healer. They will get snarky at you positioning an belittle you as a newer dps or tank

I ran pug with a few healrs that yelled at dps and tanks for dying or taking damage and then refused to heal them for not playing the way the healer thinks is proper to play.

yes usually it is the high cp DPS that are the most toxic in pug, but sometimes its the healer and it always feels weird getting a healer like that

Healers have the best view of the field. Healers have to have this, so they can see everyone. So if your healer is telling you to not stand in red, or to not stand in front of the boss, or to correct your position in some other way, or to use your shield, etc, you should listen. They're the ones keeping you alive. They know what it takes.

Are some healers jerks? Sure. I'll admit that I've seen a few. But most are just trying to do their job and keep you alive. The job to do that is much harder when people are doing all the wrong things.

Only time I'll straight up not heal you is if you're repeatedly standing in red and refuse to correct your position after I let you know.

I'm not burning through my mag to heal you through your own stupidity. I'll let you learn through dying.

Or yeah - Please stand 500 meters to the right of everyone else, so you get 0 combat prayer unless I cast 2x every time. One for us and 1 for his Lordship, Dpsin Von Faaarland. Awesome!
    Edited by Mureel on May 19, 2018 8:55AM
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    i ususally try not to be angry at party members but some people just try so hard to fail...XD
    most of the time i meet toxic dds but i can understand that there are also healers that are like this. Of course it depends on the person and not the role they play :D

tbh i can be mean too, especially after alot of dungeons and failure
    i once took my gf to normal tempest island and the two DDs eh i mean the 'tank' and one DD *cough fake tank cough* were just standing so far away from the boss (every boss, looked like they never came in range for their bow snipe) that i was too tired healing them and when they demanded the heals i said simply no XD
    but most of the time i try my best and encourage players especially if they are new :) there is already too much hate towards new ones and dps is not everything, groupplay is.
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Toxicity has nothing to do with class or even ESO.

It's a societal issue that's emerged in western nations and starts at the top in some prominent countries. There are too many angry children in the bodies of adults.

This. So Much This.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    I know I can't stand watching the kids sit in the red puddles of death playing while I'm sweating
    just stay outside the red circles bruh!

Exactly. Nothing irritates me more when healing than to watch people playing in the red kiddie pools of death. It's like roll the F out of there rock ape! Luckily I'm a nice guy and the only person who hears me screaming that are the dogs, the wife, and my monitor.

My husband always calls 'what?' because he hears 'SERIOUSLY?!?!' from the other end of the house xD
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    I find it rather funny when I'm doing over 60% of the healing when I'm on my sap tank. Is the healer even TRYING to heal???

If on trash yeah - you might well be. That's how sap essence works.

If on a boss there's no excuse.

But then again on my NB DPS, without even sap essence, just my funnel will get up to 40% heals sometimes if the healer is herpderpin.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sru wrote: »
    healing is the easiest job in a dungeon, so healers should just heal and shut up, mhm.

Then they are not doing their job as a healer. Healer = buffs, debuffs, healing and damage. If I don't pull 10k+ as a healer, it is either a trial or I'm asleep.

And there is no rotation or DPS macro that does the job. You can't just sleep walk through a fight mashing the same 7 buttons and (sometimes) dodging out of red.

Don't take the bait son! It's a trap!
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    I have been seeing on the forum lots of talk and complaints of toxic players. Usually this is aimed at dps in a pug group or players that run fake roles. But sometimes the healer is the most toxic in a group. Some healers will get mad at you for taking too much damage or pulling too many add and they will get bitter and resentful and refuse to do their job as healer. They will get snarky at you positioning an belittle you as a newer dps or tank

I ran pug with a few healrs that yelled at dps and tanks for dying or taking damage and then refused to heal them for not playing the way the healer thinks is proper to play.

yes usually it is the high cp DPS that are the most toxic in pug, but sometimes its the healer and it always feels weird getting a healer like that

Healers have the best view of the field. Healers have to have this, so they can see everyone. So if your healer is telling you to not stand in red, or to not stand in front of the boss, or to correct your position in some other way, or to use your shield, etc, you should listen. They're the ones keeping you alive. They know what it takes.

Are some healers jerks? Sure. I'll admit that I've seen a few. But most are just trying to do their job and keep you alive. The job to do that is much harder when people are doing all the wrong things.

Only time I'll straight up not heal you is if you're repeatedly standing in red and refuse to correct your position after I let you know.

I'm not burning through my mag to heal you through your own stupidity. I'll let you learn through dying.

^Depiction of me after watching a paper tank with 60k hp get 1 shotted multiple times in some vet dungeon

• Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some healers are legit laid back. Others are whiny and love to talk trash while expecting everyone else to carry them.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How well a healer can do his job is based on what the group does, hence why I never pug as a healer.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Some healers players are legit laid back. Others are whiny and love to talk trash while expecting everyone else to carry them.

fixed!