Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dislike PvE feeling like PvP in Karnwasten

MinuitPro
MinuitPro
✭✭✭✭
I just got done testing out Karnwasten... every single battle was a CC factory of stuns, immobilizes, etc... if I wanted this crap I'd go into battlegrounds. This left such a foul taste.
Edited by MinuitPro on May 17, 2018 12:32PM
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying it's not a problem to face (you won't die from their puny damage). It's just not enjoyable when you have to roll dodge and break free on every single mob in there... it's annoying. I hope the entire game isn't going that way.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been in there but most PvE mobs that stun have an obvious movement beforehand to let us now to block or move.

I am thinking there is a tell that OP is missing. Being I think the expansion is still under NDA I am assuming there is not video out.
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    -snip-... it's annoying. I hope the entire game isn't going that way.

Sadly it appears that it is - have you been to Clockwork City?
    Edited by Elephant42 on May 17, 2018 8:08AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge or interrupt the stun? Break free? Public dungeons are hilariously easy. Most mobs don't even have a chance to stun you how quickly they die.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would think you would be happy you actually get to use game mechanics instead of just steam rolling over everything lol
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it comes to mechanics I prefer CC over one shots ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do not pretend like all the cc stun snare stuff is fun because it's not and it SUCKS.

Making something a bigger pain in the arse doesn't make it harder or better. Just bad.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    I would think you would be happy you actually get to use game mechanics instead of just steam rolling over everything lol

Or how about making the mobs stronger - not make the floor covered with quicksand and traps.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like someone wants to faceroll content with 7-divines gear ... without considering or caring for new mechanics.

PvP players know how to deal with CC and stuns with minimal impact on gameplay. This is just a L2P issue.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like someone wants to faceroll content with 7-divines gear ... without considering or caring for new mechanics.

PvP players know how to deal with CC and stuns with minimal impact on gameplay. This is just a L2P issue.

This. In PvE it happens for me almost automatically, cc? Break free. Root? Roll or mist. That's good change, learns new players mechanics that are mandatory in any PvP content. When PvE is all about stats it gets boring as hell, this makes it a bit more challenging but allows players with bad gear to overcome it, since it's more about reflexes and reactions not just about better gear.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually had to look it up to find out what it was and I chuckled a bit. On the other hand I actually like it when mobs & bosses include frequent CCs in their mechanics, since it discourages brain-dead playing, and as I've said before even botting. If they actually added plenty of "break CC fast or get one shot" mechanics in overland content, botting would decrease quite a bit and human players would L2P more.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This probably has the best overland content yet. Not that challenging, but at least I feel like I'm fighting something that doesn't want to die. It's a nice change.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the change is good when it's put in as flavor; but every mob doing it... they're only like 15 meters apart. Yes they melt quickly enough, and no I didn't have my template maxed/transmuted/etc - I just grabbed some stuff to give a little advantage and kept the smattering of traits they came in.

Some may be right that on my live characters, everything will nuke faster than they can get CC off and so I haven't noticed it before this dungeon so it concerned me... even out in overland Summerset, it wasn't nearly that bad. The salamanders freaked me out at first but it's a "bark worse than bite" with them too.

Again, it's just an annoyance that you can't go 4 seconds of walking in the dungeon without the stun. Maybe it's a lore thing too with this dungeon. I didn't take much note of who was doing what; I was just documenting fishing holes and it could be raw impatience triggering the hate.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, it's just an annoyance that you can't go 4 seconds of walking in the dungeon without the stun.

CC immunity is 7 seconds ;)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Again, it's just an annoyance that you can't go 4 seconds of walking in the dungeon without the stun.

CC immunity is 7 seconds ;)

Them crates and backpacks be calling my name. :)
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dodge or interrupt the stun? Break free? Public dungeons are hilariously easy. Most mobs don't even have a chance to stun you how quickly they die.

Magicka can't CC break in no CP or even this public dungeon apparently
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me be clear, I had no problem getting (facerolling) through this dungeon by myself, including the bosses.

However, there definitely seemed to be a discrepancy between mobs in Sunhold, versus those in Karnwasten in regards to the frequency of CCs that they cast.

Granted, that was a couple weeks ago when I ran both of them. Maybe that has been changed.
    I'm actually getting ready to run them both again here this weekend. I'll see if I notice a difference again.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.