Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite race in Tamriel?

• Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Nords
    Mead, mead, mead! I drink it morning, noon, and eve. I like it spiced and sweet and powerful, I'll soon be drunk and that's quite probable, Mead, mead, mead! -I quote the drunk Nords of Eastmarch!
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    ridiculous-college-classes-turntable.gif
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    My favorites are khajiit, altmer, and imperials. If I have to pick one I pick khajiit because of the moon culture
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsimer (Orc)
    pathetic elves
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Saxhleel all the way! :D but In general i like some aspects of every race :smile:
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally the reason why everyone should have at least one Khajiit character.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Female High Elves, female Wood Elves, female Dark Elves, female Nords, and most notably female Bretons and Imperials are my favorite race(s). Oh, certain female Orc are my fav race too.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you heard of the high elves?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    My favorite race has to be Dunmer. They know they are superior and they express this knowledge through slavery. Betmer are little more than animals and humans aren’t very far ahead. Without their Dunmer masters, they would be rolling around in the mud like pigs. Plus, I love House Telvanni’s Nietzschean philosphy of will to power.

Khajiit were developing an advanced society before your Elves ever decided on breaking away from Summerset as Exiles, and Argonians were master stonemasons constructing monumental pyramids before your Elves decided to be lazy with their labor.

Khajiit were even created by lady Azurah herself to be the best traits of Man and Beast, a true superior being.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsimer (Orc)
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Orc

• MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    My favorite race has to be Dunmer. They know they are superior and they express this knowledge through slavery. Betmer are little more than animals and humans aren’t very far ahead. Without their Dunmer masters, they would be rolling around in the mud like pigs. Plus, I love House Telvanni’s Nietzschean philosphy of will to power.

Khajiit were developing an advanced society before your Elves ever decided on breaking away from Summerset as Exiles, and Argonians were master stonemasons constructing monumental pyramids before your Elves decided to be lazy with their labor.

Khajiit were even created by lady Azurah herself to be the best traits of Man and Beast, a true superior being.

I must admit that Khajiit do make fine coats. I suppose that is an asset in their favor.

The original stature of a race matters little if they are now too weak to even protect their own homeland from foreign slavers. Pathetic. It doesn’t matter how unique or skilled a culture was if it can now only be acted upon by others, be it the Dunmer or the Dominion.

Superiority isn’t about the will of some divine being; it is about the will of a people to rise above the others and expand their sphere of influence through imperialism. If the other races can’t keep up, they are inferior and deserve to be subjugated. It’s simply a matter of natural selection.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    Redguards
    It was really a tough choice... I've always loved vikings, so Nords were a big contender; TES Orcs are awesome, especially female Orc warriors (then again, I respect all warrior-women), they're also really friendly once they get to know you (and vice versa), and are really just misunderstood; with 22 cats of my own, Khajiit were definitely a consideration; the Dunmer's rebel attitude has always attracted me, but ultimately I was turned away upon being reminded of the fact they enslave Argonians and Khajiit; Argonians are cool because they're so mysterious, and I love how ESO is finally giving us insights into their civilisation and culture; Imperials and Bretons are bland, just a bunch of whiny politicians (as an American, I deal with enough news about whiny politicians on a regular basis, I don't need it in my video-games, thank you very much), although Oblivion was also my introduction to TES, as well as RPGs in general; I love wizards, sorcerers, mages, spell-casters of all kinds, but Altmer are too stuck-up for me (nonetheless, I'm extremely excited for ESO: Summerset; I've always wanted to visit the Summerset Isles in a modern TES game, due to its description as lush, vibrant, high-fantasy parkland). In the end, I finally decided on the oft-overlooked Redguards, a.k.a. Ra-Gada, due to their highly-spiritual culture and practical worship of the sword, as well as all the poetry they've created about the Alik'r (I have an African-American friend who's a poet, so that's another factor). I've always liked playing Redguards because of their well-rounded warrior skills; Nords and Orcs may be better smiths, but nothing sends fear into the enemy faster than a Redguard Ansei summoning the Shehai and watching one's allies being cut down by a sword of pure spiritual energy while the summoner stands well away from the advancing horde. It's also hard to top the sight of a warrior twisting, twirling 'round with two blades, something else the Redguards are famous for.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Superiority isn’t about the will of some divine being; it is about the will of a people to rise above the others and expand their sphere of influence through imperialism. If the other races can’t keep up, they are inferior and deserve to be subjugated. It’s simply a matter of natural selection.

Which is exactly what Argonia does in the 4th Era.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Selthia
    Selthia
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    I like the Khajiit a lot. Love their designs, love their voices, love their attitude. Redguard are a close second, thanks to their zone, lore and costume and environment design.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian

It is comical how annoyed that cat looks. Awesome.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    Nords
    Praise Talos!!!! ;)
    "Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit, by far. There's so much mystery, there. And they're the only people outside of Sotha Sil's little brass collegium that can utilise free-floating holograms. Where are they hiding the projectors? I mean, likely in the altar tables, but still. They have a colony on one of the moons, they can travel to the moons more effortlessly than any race, and they're the only race that really knew what was going on amidst the Dragon-break (time is gawrn!) event.

There's so much to them that we just don't know and it drives me absolutely bonkers. Plus, the manes can just manifest wherever and whenever they like, effortlessly. What's up with that? Can any other leaders of yore do that? Then there's the whole thing with the shadows of Rajhin. "Oh, I'm just going to steal your sleep and force it onto another. And then I'll boop your entire elf city out of existence and bind you to icy fate."

Furthermore, we know so little about their new samurai/bushido/monks-esque approach to following the path of Ja-Kha'jay. That's really new. Also, how large is the khajiit information/spying network? There are alfiq everywhere in ESO, strategically placed all over the place. You can spot them by their glowing eyes, and some of them are up to very suspicious activities indeed (nice attention to deal with that, for those who spot it).

And, I mean, they're hands-down the most visually distinctive race. If argonians looked more like alligators or had more reptilian qualities, they might take that crown, but for now it's the khajiit as so much more can be done with them visually with a variety of facial adornments, hairstyles, and so on. Even the bone structure of the face can matter a lot when making a character, it can lead to so many different kinds of big cat looks.

So my vote is for the fuzzy fellahs. May they walk on warm sands.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a few comments because they were off topic with the original post. Please ensure that this discussion remains focused on ESO. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer (High Elf)
    Filthy nebarra.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Straight outta Vvardenfell.

Dunmer for life.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer (High Elf)
    I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and eso, and my first or main character has allways been Altmer for their magicka affinity.
    So being able to go to Summerset now is really exciting for me.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • DarthMoon_N_Star
    Orsimer (Orc)
    My Favorite Races Presently

Man: ? (need to think about it.)

Mer : Orsimer then Dunmer.

Beast:Argonian