Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Make AOEs Work Like Proxy Det to Loosen Up Ball Groups?

• MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Ball groups are literally the scum of Cyrodiil.
    Max group size should be reduced to 10 people.
    At least then you aren't a disgusting mindless Zerg like UF or ZS, steamrolling over people who are trying to actually PVP with some skill.

cap to 10, np
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Gq8RClMEc&t=303s

https://imgur.com/pk6HGbm
    Edited by MLRPZ on May 10, 2018 10:39AM
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups are literally the scum of Cyrodiil.
    Max group size should be reduced to 10 people.
    At least then you aren't a disgusting mindless Zerg like UF or ZS, steamrolling over people who are trying to actually PVP with some skill.

If you've seen what the groups you mention do with 10 people you might rethink your imaginary cap. The group size isn't going to help a fight between disorganized would-be 1vXers fighting within 10 feet of each other versus a coordinated guild.

In fact, there's a video of these 10 scumbag zergers in ZS unfairly steamrolling just a handful of highly skilled solo players.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/411892/video-10-zs-vs-the-angry-french-cat-army#latest
    Edited by Sandman929 on May 10, 2018 1:08PM
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    It's intended and teamwork should always be a strong strategy.

I like the idea of teamwork, but not much strategy is involved in just stacking up on crown and spamming heals and ultimates.

@GrumpyDuckling , while I agree, herding cats is difficult, and getting that many people to stack does take some leadership skill.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it just proved that 10 is a perfectly fine number to cap the group number at.
    Thanks for the video, enjoyed it.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it just proved that 10 is a perfectly fine number to cap the group number at.
    Thanks for the video, enjoyed it.

Might sound arrogant, but if something like this happen then there will be no more than 2 organised group running on PC EU. the rest can't handle 10v60+
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think group cap at 12 would be ideal.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it intended gameplay when 25+ players can ball-up together, all within 8 to 15 meter range of one another, and run around on top of each other while healing through everything and destro-ultimate training through anyone they want?

If it is intended gameplay, then why is it intended?

If it's not intended gameplay, then has any thought been given to making most AOE skills work like Proxy Det, with more damage done for each player hit? That would surely help loosen up ball groups and encourage smarter team play, right?

Edit: I had originally suggested less damage done and less healing done for people who are stacked up on one another, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that would devalue melee builds and overly-encourage ranged builds -- so I removed that idea.

That's a great idea, and I would love it, but I can tell you right now why that won't happen:

ZOS loves ball groups! Seriously, they're playing exactly the way the devs intended. I'm sure it's all marketing driven, like they figure that forcing players to join guilds and group over comms will make for players who stick around longer, buy more stuff and persuade their friends to play.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    allow vicious death to proc vicious death and even one death could wipe a ball group :)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups are mindless and strong, but they’re easily avoided.

To be honest I’m just surprised we haven’t seen any of the PvE bot farming trains come to cyrodil as a ball group. That’d be the highest skilled ball group there is due to their precision movements lol.

I know you guys think I’m joking and baiting but that actually was a thing in DAoC pbaoe groups and it actually worked pretty well.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Solution

- leave the keep and the party ZERG are over.

End!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    Solution

- leave the keep and the party ZERG are over.

End!

Such brilliant tactics and insight. No wonder AD are doing so well this campaign :)

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows AD only win because of the morning cap.
    The points gained in that time are enough to keep them ahead of everyone else, even if DC + EP do wipe the floor with them every day in prime time.