Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Raz or Naryu?

Vuldovahkriid
Vuldovahkriid
✭✭✭
I have a feeling there could be a choice coming up, where we might have to choose between Raz or Naryu's life. This is seriously going to kill me inside, since I've grown very fond of both characters, and I know each of them wouldn't hold it against you since they always look at the greater good. I'm in this to protect Tamriel, and all of Nirn, so The Three Banner's War means nothing to me. So I ask, given the choice who would you save: Raz or Naryu?
Edited by Vuldovahkriid on April 13, 2018 10:14AM
Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810

Raz or Naryu? 194 votes

Raz
57%
Auldjohndodgehopper_ESOaarolmstedb14_ESOLadyNerevarMarginisHanokihsDhukathMaythorBleakravenDhariusFoxhuntdizz_dkhunter830ub17_ESOLoralai_907WingczarTigeracerTerraDewBerryMasterSpatulaleeux 111 votes
Naryu
42%
GreevirGreyleafBeastnasSigtricVehlirAzuryaHrogunTurelusVriendagurluasb16_ESOKharnisIllusiveLucydjyrbMattock_Romuluswsmith97ub17_ESOIdinuseAjaxandrielrandwlcxTiedänManwithBeard9 83 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that ZOS keeps having new players play the new Chapter first, and Raz and Naryu both show up in other content and quests that new players will be doing after Summerset, I doubt ZOS will force such a choice. That choice would be meaningful for veteran players who have done all the content in order, but not so much for new players and confusing besides.

Mind you, I'd have some respect for ZOS if they actually killed one of them off but I tried that once and it didn't stick.
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    Naryu
    I've made this choice before, and I chose to keep Raz alive. But I can't kill Naryu, I just can't. So I would have to off Raz, at least I know he is prepared to die for his queen.

Honestly, it poses a more interesting conflict for my characters, as one is based in the Dominion, while the other in the Pact. I suppose it would come down to who I'm playing as at the time, but the choice would have severe consequences for my head-canon.

My Dominion character would accept Raz's death, since he knows that Raz is always ready to die for the Queen, and would probably choose to kill Raz to not make the same mistake twice.

My Pact character however, would not be so accepting. He would never choose to kill Naryu, as he is too blinded by emotion, and he would ultimately come to blows with whoever condemned her to death.

Ultimately, Raz will die given the choice, but I doubt such a choice will exist, as it is far to "extreme" for the devs or writers to go through with. And killing a prominent character would just be "immersion"-breaking and confusing for new players, especially since the game can be incredibly confusing when played out of sequence already.

Personally, I think it would be a great choice to have the players make (despite its flaws), to kill one of the two most prominent characters is incredibly ballsy and respectable. It would also make a great forum poll.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naryu
    Naryu. Dunmer are loyal to their own (mostly).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as Evelli comes back, I don't care either way >:)
    Edited by Leandor on April 13, 2018 2:18PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naryu
    They're not going to, so this is just a hypothetical response.

It would be too complex to ensure that the dead characters won't appear in an individual player's path through the game. Even if the point in the story line requires completion of Cadwell's Gold, I seem to remember them appearing as "extras" in some other quests. I can handle them popping up all over the place, as the game provides wayshrines to make that possible for them, not to mention mages casting portals, but returning from the dead needs more explanation, especially if they're unaware of having died.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raz
    As a player I prefer Raz, maybe because Naryu's feminine wiles don't work on me. :tongue: But if I had to choose one of them to stay in the game it would definitely be him.

Ilsabet the character would probably lean that way too, although she'd have to carefully (and probably angstily) consider all of the ramifications of the choice. Going through with it with Raz the first time was very emotionally-charged for her, and there'd be some lingering baggage there. But all other things being equal between the two she's more attached to Raz.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raz
    Raz, every time. Raz is a hero. Naryu not so much. Easy choice.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    Raz
    Raz. He's funny, charming, and I got the impression him and Ayrenn fooled around in the sheets. Because they were too embarrassed to admit something, after they said "things" happened after too many drinks. I took this as sex, but that's left to players I guess.

Naryu is cool, but she keeps making sexual remarks, which is fine, but playing my Argonian a certain way, makes it feel odd.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz
    Raz. Always and forever. Anyone that says otherwise can burn in the Deadlands for all eternity.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Raz
    Raz, Naryu is just insufferable.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naryu
    Naryu. She may be provocative, but she is a Dunmer. Raz just reminds me too much of some of my slaves. They always act so clever until I cut their tongues out.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz
    Only choosing Raz because I'm pretty sure Naryu isn't going to be appearing in Summerset. At most we're going to see her "daughter", Veya, because of that prophecy.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not both, why are you so cruel? :'(
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naryu
    She is an elf......that's all I am going to say..

*whistles in thalmor*
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • damdamjel
    damdamjel
    ✭✭✭
    Raz
    Raz of course, that cat has the nicest character development in the story. He will always be your friend. But if there was romance options for npcs, naryu cause damn her voice is too hot.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naryu
    There are only two NPCs in the game more annoying than Raz. The 'queen' Ayrenn and Stuga.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Naryu
    She is stupid, but hot. The other is a cat.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends: Does Naryu look like she does in the base game or does she look like someone messed up her face like in Morrowind?
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love Raz I'm pretty sure you could just drop Raz and he'd still survive. He won't just end like that, as heroic as it might seem.
    End of Dominion storyline confirms it. ;)
    Edited by Smaxx on April 18, 2018 7:59AM
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz
    raz, cuz he calls me friend and thats how i refer to everyone else i talk too :)
    at a place nobody knows
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz
    I think Raz is hilarious :D

I like the flirty thing of naryu but i do prefer Raz ^^
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raz
    RAZ. Period. Just look at him, just listen him. He is perfect.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz
    fbaa4c9c03fab89d901d16521e5186bf.jpg
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Vanthras79
      Vanthras79
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Raz
      <3 Raz
      Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
      Vanthras79
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Raz
      Griffe wrote: »
      RAZ. Period. Just look at him, just listen him. He is perfect.

No he is purrfect ;)
      Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Raz
      I love both, but Naryu kills people for a living, so ... I'd save fuzzy-faced Raz.
    • BozzyTheDrummer
      BozzyTheDrummer
      ✭✭✭✭
      I can't vote on this lol. I love both characters equally.
      Xbox NA
      CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
      Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
      Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
      Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
      Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
      Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
      Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
      Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
      Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
      Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
      Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
      Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
    • MasterSpatula
      MasterSpatula
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Raz
      I'd save Raz for one simple reason: Naryu is more of a "reluctant hero" type, so her sacrifice would be more poignant.
      "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    • JPcrazysquirrel3
      JPcrazysquirrel3
      ✭✭✭✭
      Naryu
      Naryu and Raz are both flirtatious, in their own ways, but one probably wouldn't get with Raz over Naryu, unless that person was a furry.

But really, if this was like Skyrim and I could have followers, I'd have both Raz and Naryu with me.

Killing either of them off would be a really low blow on ZOS's part.
      "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
      "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
      "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
      "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
      "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
      Mayrael wrote: »
      Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
      I am in a Kevduit video
      PS4 (main platform)
      --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
      --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
    • Vrienda
      Vrienda
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Naryu
      Naryu for sure. Hopefully they’ll let us romance her properly at some point.
      Edited by Vrienda on May 28, 2018 7:22PM
      Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.