Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Crafting Stations become unusable

Diora
Diora
✭✭✭
I've seen a lot of people mentioning this in-game, but nothing much about it here, so i thought i'd post. The attunable crafting stations (usually in guild halls where there are multiple stations) randomly stop being usable. I can relog and re-enter the house and then different ones are unusable. They become usable again when the owner of the house just picks one up and places it back down. This fixes all of the stations for a time, until they start breaking again.

It doesn't matter how much I zoom in or out, move the camera around, etc. The option to use the station is just gone.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably not the problem, but are they showing as green or yellow in the Housing Editor? If they show yellow, they might be placed into the ground or too close to something else to be useable.
  • Zadar
    Zadar
    Soul Shriven
    This started happening in our guild hall with Update 17/Dragon Bones.

It's almost as if certain tables never load as objects to interact with.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably not the problem, but are they showing as green or yellow in the Housing Editor? If they show yellow, they might be placed into the ground or too close to something else to be useable.

But this issue is not what you are describing. Yesterday, all my crafting tables worked, today I log in and 3 of them didn't work. If they are placed in the ground then they are being moved without my permission. No one else has decoraters privilege at my house. Something doesn't just become useable one day and un-useable the next without being moved unless it's a bug.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 7, 2018 5:59AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weird.i have 6 sets so far and no issues at any time. is it the same sets each time?
  • dave011
    dave011
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem with my house that has all 41 set in it. It is todo with them being on a crafted surface i.e. a deck!

before update 17 when I logged out on the deck and then logged back in i would go for swim;) Now I stay on the deck so they have changed something in the way items are being generated in our houses that is causing the problem.

As OP said there is a temp fix but can be a pain if I have to go to the house 4 - 6 times a day as it is being used by a very active guild. All you have to do is pickup and drop a station and all will work as they should. Have not tried any other type of item but would say it would work fine.

hope this helps in the short term.
    Edited by dave011 on March 7, 2018 7:53AM
    PC/NA
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dave011 wrote: »
    I have the same problem with my house that has all 41 set in it. It is todo with them being on a crafted surface i.e. a deck!

before update 17 when I logged out on the deck and then logged back in i would go for swim;) Now I stay on the deck so they have changed something in the way items are being generated in our houses that is causing the problem.

As OP said there is a temp fix but can be a pain if I have to go to the house 4 - 6 times a day as it is being used by a very active guild. All you have to do is pickup and drop a station and all will work as they should. Have not tried any other type of item but would say it would work fine.

hope this helps in the short term.

This isn't the case for me. My tables are not sitting on a crafted surface and still just had this issue yesterday. Strange.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep we are having the same problem in our guild/guild house.

Sometimes over half the stations cant be used. Not sure if its the same stations for different people.

Ive left the house, and gone back and had them work somtimes but not other times/

The house is Earthtear Cavern and the stations are on a deck made of purchasable wood planks over the water area.

I know Earthtear had issues in the past causing the game to crash when it was near the slot capacity.

Would be good to know if others experiencing the problem are in the same or a different house.

Friend of mine has been in contact with at least 10 different ZoS support people. They have had him disable addons, repair the game, and reinstall the game. The problem is still there.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been the case since housing came out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. It impacts different people on different stations at different times.

2 people can be standing at the same craft table and it works for one but not the other.

Most of our tables are on weathered dock platforms at Daggerfall Manor and we've always assumed that had something to do with it. From what I'm reading above, maybe not.

A reloadUI always seemed to resolve for everyone, but recently some folks have said that doesn't help either. Some combination of relog/leaving the house/reloadUI usually ends up working lately.
    Edited by hiyde on March 8, 2018 3:21AM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chiming in to reiterate what Katahdin said (hi!). We have guildies who are unable to resolve the issue with reloadui or relog. So far the pick up and drop method was the only fix, and it only works while you are in the house. If you leave and come back, random other tables are not interactable.

The person Katahdin mentioned above with the problem ticket was also told that spacing was an issue, but we've spread them out. I moved tables away from edges and in most cases there is enough room between them for a character to walk through. I've also made sure tables are not over seams in the plank flooring, or too close to edges. Housing items are currently 680/700, so we are also not at capacity.

We are testing some tables placed even further apart and away from edges to see if the spacing is indeed the issue. But given that it wasn't a problem until the recent update, I'm skeptical that will resolve it.

Right now I think we are going to give decorator privileges to people experiencing the bug so they can at least use the tables, which is not a big deal, but also isn't ideal.
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭
    This bug in the stations not being usable is still an issue despite all the troubleshooting. I have tried many different potential solutions in conjunction with ESO support including re-installing the entire game and it has not resolved the issue. It appears to be something with the loading of the stations in the guild hall.

I have been told that this has been escalated to the developers but was told to not expect a reply on my ticket
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Followup- spacing tables about 5-6 ft apart and not near any objects (except on a rug and the plank flooring) did not resolve the issue.

Edited from meters to ft because I didn't convert properly :) Should be 5-6ft, 1.5-2m
    Edited by dvonpm on March 19, 2018 10:05PM
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still an issue here with Linchal Manor. Can anyone please look into this ? This is very frustrating

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

thank you
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this problem as well since the Dragon Bones update.

Here's my thread with videos included: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/401325/why-does-this-crafting-station-become-unusable-after-exiting-the-house
    Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 5:55PM
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another update:

So far giving decorator privileges to people with the bug seems to be the only viable workaround.

We can do that, but we have no idea how many people are just unable to use and not saying anything, and probably think we don't care or don't want to bother anyone. And maybe left the guild becuase why stay in a guild with tables that you can't use when you are paying dues?

And we cant do privileges indefinitely, we'll get trolled eventually. Please halp!

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quick suggestion... Check out the "Let There Be Light" add-on -- it can reset any/all of your Crafting Stations (as well as lights, incense, etc.) with one key press.

You can get Let There Be Light from ESOUI.com or Minion.

Quick Let There Be Light demo (0:38)
    hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLAW09pcGq2s3arcgxExR_OAhCu7DA
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    A quick suggestion... Check out the "Let There Be Light" add-on -- it can reset any/all of your Crafting Stations (as well as lights, incense, etc.) with one key press. ...

We shouldn't have to rely on addons to fix the game...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on March 21, 2018 12:30AM
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    A quick suggestion... Check out the "Let There Be Light" add-on -- it can reset any/all of your Crafting Stations (as well as lights, incense, etc.) with one key press.

You can get Let There Be Light from ESOUI.com or Minion.

Quick Let There Be Light demo (0:38)
    hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLAW09pcGq2s3arcgxExR_OAhCu7DA

That might help for personal homes, even if we shouldn't rely on addons to fix the game (which is true!).

But unfortunately it won't help people be able to use their guild house if they don't have decorator privileges.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is not the first thread on this issue. Has ZoS commented in a different thread on this issue or has it been the usual radio silence?
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I have seen, @Apache_Kid. And just for fun, I now have this bug too :D

I didn't until this weekend, but I do now. I can fix it myself becuase I have decorator rights, but this makes me think we will probably see more people experiencing it.
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to see a resolution to this issue nor have I received any additional notifications as to active work in resolving it from ZoS.

As I said previously, I was told not to expect a reply from the developers - but I was still hoping it would show up in the patch notes as something that was fixed...
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This issue has been raised as far back as homestead on the PTS and as far as I'm aware, has never been addressed by ZOS.
    For those experiencing this glitch, is your craft station on a vanilla surface or on a surface you placed youself e.g. a platform not part of the original house.
    If the latter, then this is most likely the cause. It would appear that interactable objects load before regular items. Meaning that when the craft station initially loads, it loads in thin air, making it act as if it was missplaced. By picking something up and moving it, the instance reloads, hence why this solves the issue.
    But with no comment from ZOS, this cant be confirmed and rectified.
    I solved this issue in my houses by moving all interactive items (craft stations, merchant, banker) onto an original surface
    Edited by Zypheran on April 3, 2018 8:17PM
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    This issue has been raised as far back as homestead on the PTS and as far as I'm aware, has never been addressed by ZOS.
    For those experiencing this glitch, is your craft station on a vanilla surface or on a surface you placed youself e.g. a platform not part of the original house.
    If the latter, then this is most likely the cause. It would appear that interactable objects load before regular items. Meaning that when the craft station initially loads, it loads in thin air, making it act as if it was missplaced. By picking something up and moving it, the instance reloads, hence why this solves the issue.
    But with no comment from ZOS, this cant be confirmed and rectified.
    I solved this issue in my houses by moving all interactive items (craft stations, merchant, banker) onto an original surface

Couple of things this doesn't quite explain-

-In the past, a reloadui or relog would fix it. Now only moving an item will fix it.

-Stations on vanilla ground also bug, but interactable lights and seats on the platforms never do (that I have seen).

-Many, many more people are only experiencing the bug since the last update. It started for me only last week despite having all crafting tables on platforms since shoprtly after Homestead release. And I'm hearing from more guildies every few days.

-Moving everything off the platform we built to fit all the tables in a sensible way would require either having tables all over the place in a confusing and ugly layout or buying a new guild house with more open, flat ground space. We could do that, but I paid for the cavern for our guild with crowns that I bought and I'm not gonna drop more real money to work around a game bug. Especially with no response or guarantee that this would even fix the problem.

-Platforms and such are part of the game, they should work as intended.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dvonpm wrote: »

None of those player-built platforms actually function as floors for the purposes of coding. You can test this with dueling because they won't take ground-based effects well. So you can make it look like a floor and walk on it like a floor, but the game doesn't register that platform as a floor.

That's not to say there aren't other issues - as you say, the issue's gotten worse lately for more people. But your player-built platform doesn't count as a floor for the game.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    dvonpm wrote: »

None of those player-built platforms actually function as floors for the purposes of coding. You can test this with dueling because they won't take ground-based effects well. So you can make it look like a floor and walk on it like a floor, but the game doesn't register that platform as a floor.

That's not to say there aren't other issues - as you say, the issue's gotten worse lately for more people. But your player-built platform doesn't count as a floor for the game.

Yeah, I'd heard that about dueling. But tables/Mundus stones/Assistants were still bugging out on vanilla ground. And it does seem to work just fine for lights and seats.

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still having this issue with only one of my crafting stations being unusable upon entering the house, even though other stations are set right beside each other on the same wooden platform.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 5:59PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason placing/resetting a different furnishing made my craft station usable without having to reset it. I just entered my house (Earthtear Cavern) and placed a new furnishing and noticed after that my craft station was usable without having to reset it. So I exit and re-enter the house, check the station but it was unusable, then I reset the newly placed furnishing and the station became usable again... wth is going on with this!?

https://youtu.be/Q-GwCiyAMVw

PS: This is reproduce-able.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 6:00PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How in the hell does resetting a completely different furnishing in another area of the house affect the usability of my crafting station!? :o

giphy.gif
    Edited by N00BxV1 on May 7, 2018 12:52PM
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭
    It would be really nice for the Devs to provide some update on this...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two possible root causes for this.

1. In larger homes, the stations farthest away from the entrance can be unaccessible.
    2. In other homes, usually tweaking one station's position just a bit can sort this. Of course, not everyone can do this.

One weird thing, I can load an Alt and it can access all the stations, but loading my Master Crafter immediately afterwards, no joy.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There are two possible root causes for this.

1. In larger homes, the stations farthest away from the entrance can be unaccessible.
    2. In other homes, usually tweaking one station's position just a bit can sort this. Of course, not everyone can do this.

One weird thing, I can load an Alt and it can access all the stations, but loading my Master Crafter immediately afterwards, no joy.

1. The only station affected is not the furthest from the entrance.
    2. I've tried moving the affected station and no dice.

None of this explains why placing/resetting a different furnishing in another area of the house affects the usability of the one craft station. Watch my 2nd video if you haven't, you'll see what I mean and it makes absolutely no sense...

Edit: Excuse me Nestor. I had multiple tabs open and thought your comment was a reply on the thread I made.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on May 7, 2018 7:55PM