The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Housing Crafting Stations become unusable

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does the game even have this useless system of making a station unusable if it's a few pixels too far into the ground or a few pixels too far in the air? If it is to prevent weirdness in the crafting screen, well, it's not really preventing much at all as it is: place an outfitting station at the edge of a ledge, with the "front" side of the station facing the drop. Then interact with the station. Your character is standing on thin air!

So just get rid of these silly restrictions. They're not doing any good and end up causing far more problems than they prevent.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably not the problem, but are they showing as green or yellow in the Housing Editor? If they show yellow, they might be placed into the ground or too close to something else to be useable.
    At which point does the item being placed "show green or yellow"? Before any item is selected, it is outlined in white. After I select an item, then, frankly, I doubt that I would be able to distinguish green from yellow, because I am red-green colorblind. (Yes, Legendary "golden" items are indistiguishable from Fine quality "green" items.)

The reason that I ask is that sometimes I can see some change in the color of an item while I am placing it, but it hasn't signified anything in particular to me when that happens. You know how well ZOS documents the features of its software, right?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel
    code65536 wrote: »
    Why does the game even have this useless system of making a station unusable if it's a few pixels too far into the ground or a few pixels too far in the air? If it is to prevent weirdness in the crafting screen, well, it's not really preventing much at all as it is: place an outfitting station at the edge of a ledge, with the "front" side of the station facing the drop. Then interact with the station. Your character is standing on thin air! ....
    In my experience, it is entirely possible for a character to interact with any crafting station from any location at which the software will display an Interactive Prompt when the HUD Reticule is on or near the crafting station. From time-to-time my characters have used them while standing at the side, or at the back, of the crafting station, or while standing at or near a corner, and not only at the front.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

The presence or absence of an Interactive Prompt for a crafting station -- or for any other interactable object in-game, is the essence of this issue. The TESO Interactive Prompt is arguably the weakest aspect of its console UI design. In contrast, the Windows point-and-click UI in Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft very rarely fails.

In my experience, since the release of Summerst and Update 18, the new Attunable Jewelry Crafting Stations (AJCS) "hog the space" around them. My characters cannot obtain an Interactive Prompt for any other nearby crafting station, because the space in which an Interactive Prompt will be displayed for an AJCS is so much larger. Indeed, I will almost always obtain an Interactive Prompt for some AJCS in the vicinity of my character's location, regardless of the fact that the Reticule is clearly positioned on another crafting station instead, and regardless of the fact that my character is nowhere near the ACJS.

This became quite evident when I visited the Blackbriar Barter Company Guild Hall after Update 18. There were three Attunable Crafting Stations for each and every Crafted Set currently in the game. Before any AJCS was placed there, neither of my two crafting characters ever had a problem obtaining an Interactive Prompt from each of the Attunable Crafting Stations, during numerous visits to use them.

Then one of my characters paid a visit to craft Set items specified by several Master Crafting Writs after Update 18. But that character could only craft the item required to fulfill one Equipment Master Crafting Writ. For each and every Blacksmithing, Clothing, or Woodworking Atttunable Crafting Station needed for the other five Master Crafting Writs, I could not obtain an Interactive Prompt -- only an Interactive Prompt for a nearby AJCS (!!).

Please do not decide that this situation is somehow acceptable, or that there are any reliable "workarounds" to resolve the issue. It is abundantly clear that the ZOS development team did not do it right, so when will they have the time to make the effort to do it over?

• Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I can also validate this being a frequent issue with ps4 homes and attuned stations. Our 500 member guild frequently suffers from broken stations after server updates and daily login in general. Guild members have tried to use /reloadui, and turning off the application to not get a bug resolve. The only resolve of the issue has been to have another player with edit permission or the home owner to reset them to the ground. I will add that, while this issue is taking place , one player will have use of any station while another player will see at least 50% of tables bugged and non-interactable. It does not matter whether the tables are on customer built ground or the homes standard floor.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    me and others made posts in this thread regarding this issue which seems more suited for this forum post name

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415832/princely-dawnlight-palace-placement-issue#latest
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    Happening on xbox as well. The JC stations are all interactable but not the others.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    It is a terrible bug. I have done every test i can think of. My most recent being changing heights of stations using an add on. Changing heights from the surface drag height. I was able to go 5 increments lower. 10 increments higher from the surface. I placed many blacksmithing stations at every interactable increment with no luck. I will be most likely making a 3rd guild hall in the time since Summerset has come out (most likely until sunrise again). I dont have any other option other then to keep repeating this process from 1 house to the next or give up entirely. Majority of my time since the patch has been spent with this issue. I have done almost nothing else of the new patch as i really still want to. If my stations were funded by my guild or anyone else. Then i would feel much worse and more obligated to go even further. 90% of mine came from farming writs on all characters daily since homestead patch. Console would also be worse again id imagine since there is no time saving add ons available

Not knowing if this will ever be fixed is making myself and im sure others feel like attunable stations and what it takes to get them is a total waste in every way. All things involved.

Please zos, can you give us any feedback at all regarding this bug?
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Celeste411 wrote: »
    Happening on xbox as well. The JC stations are all interactable but not the others.

Yep. Ran into this last night on XB NA. Went to the guild I always go to for my MW crafting needs, and NONE of the stations worked, even the provisioning, enchanting, and alchemy stations, EXCEPT for the transmute station and the new set stations, which were off by themselves. There were no JC stations placed yet.

The GH is at Hakvild's and all stations are on the walkway that rings the outside of the hall. All of the lights around were interactable, but NONE of the stations were (even normal, non-attuned stations for the consumable crafts), except, as outlined above, the transmute station and the stations for the new sets.

I ended up going to another guild's hall which has all the stations and all of them worked fine - it's at Linchal. That hall had all the JC stations as well, and all were on the ground, not on planks. I don't usually go there because the organization of the stations is rather poor, but at least they all worked.

I've never had any issues with the stations at GHs. The last time I was there to do MWs was probably a couple weeks ago.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 15, 2018 6:34PM
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    More bad news. My Jewellery stations now share the same bug. Every type of crafting station bugs out for me now
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This interaction bug is a major issue for Dreadlords guild / @HadesStyxx 's guild hall, which has every single attunable blacksmithing, woodworking, clothing, and jewelry crafting station that is currently available in the game, as of the Summerset update.
    Yet, players cannot interact with ~80%+ of the crafting stations 100% of the time, at any give time. It is extremely frustrating, especially if one is trying to do Master-Writ quests, or craft gear for guildies.
    What is the point of getting all of the crafting stations if no one can ever use them at all, ever? /reloadui, re-logging, nor re-launching the game doesn't fix this for most guildies. Moving the crafting stations around and/or changing the order also has not fixed this issue.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please advise and acknowledge the issue. ZOS might even sell more $150 houses if they ever prioritize and fix this damn bug, lol...
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on June 16, 2018 5:40AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

The house is Earthtear Cavern and the stations are on a deck made of purchasable wood planks over the water area.

i found if you are too high you will have targetting issues with the tables in there. how high above the water are you?
  • Sorcery
    Sorcery
    ✭✭✭
    In my Guild we have people complain of this issue daily, would be nice to see an update on it. Stations are placed on a platform, some people can use the stations, some can't.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem worse yesterday than ever before. It was in a Daggerfall castle guild house, where stations are typically on crafted boardwalks.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've noticed this bug for a long time. It seems to happen mostly when you place crafting stations on top of something, like planks or platforms, and also when you place other furnishings close to a crafting station. It can be quite frustrating when you have several stations and have to keep picking them all up and placing them back individually :neutral:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind