The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Combat Changes 5/7/18?

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
Will the Patch Notes have combat changes next Monday?
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also expect some good quality memes and gifs if there will be Natch Potes!
    :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

god i hope not the games perfect in the pts right now it just needs alot of dang bug fixes
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

god i hope not the games perfect in the pts right now it just needs alot of dang bug fixes

well said, i fought people in pvp of all classes and it looked balanced and we were having fun.
    i hope we wont see any buffs nor nerfs because it does upset the crowd when they happen.
  • Riddari
    Riddari
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm idk I think templar isn't in a great place tbh. I would welcome some changes for my templar tank.
    Edited by Riddari on May 7, 2018 2:13AM
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol their ain’t no combat changes coming lol. I speak from a magdk main perspective and I have come to a realization that nothing will happen and I’ve accepted it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Lol their ain’t no combat changes coming lol. I speak from a magdk main perspective and I have come to a realization that nothing will happen and I’ve accepted it.

Mag DKs are fine. They’re very popular in PvP, will be better next patch, and I hear they’re fine in PvE.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said, i fought people in pvp of all classes and it looked balanced and we were having fun.
    i hope we wont see any buffs nor nerfs because it does upset the crowd when they happen.

Statements like these are why the dk is still stuck with 12% health recovery as a passive, a passive that increase the damage of two skills being standard of might and cinder storm, lastly a buff (pve wise not pvp wise)500 mag or stam return on the deal that the person is status affected (poisoned or burning ) even though a good majority of meta races have immunity to those status effects. ....... on top of a 5 sec cool down
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Statements like these are why the dk is still stuck with 12% health recovery as a passive, a passive that increase the damage of two skills being standard of might and cinder storm, lastly a buff (pve wise not pvp wise)500 mag or stam return on the deal that the person is status affected (poisoned or burning ) even though a good majority of meta races have immunity to those status effects. ....... on top of a 5 sec cool down

Lol, have you seen Templar’s passives?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't play a warden.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The classes need to be scrapped/ gutted.
    Start over, as if it's 2013. With all knowledge gained these past four years as far as balance goals, keep a few select iconic skills and the overall idea of each class. Keep the one tanking, one healing, one damage philosophy of warden, and rebuild these classes. Fresh start.

These halfhearted balance updates are not cutting it. Zeni has the resources they need to do this. But they would rather just keep throwing in New content instead of fixing the core of the game...combat...Very upsetting as a magplar main to see that the only buff we got was a 5% healing increase to sweeps heal and a slight burning light buff. While no other class in game has to deal with the defensive phase of playing a magplar.

Don't get me wrong, defense phase on magplar is very strong if we're build right. But trying to offensive with these massively slow channels and cast times that are extremely easy to counter or deal extremely low damage. I find myself building the same way weve built our toons for four years. A reliance on defense sets or heavy armor. When other mag spec don't have to and a reliance on mag regen sets, when other mag specs don't need them. It makes our already very low damage skills even LOWER than they already would be.

Zenimax keeps targeting our defensive phase. Our sword and shield, honor the dead and turtle up phase, which I understand. But they aren't helping us get to a point of proper defense during offense the other classes get. I mean, the best skill we have for that is based on breaking free. Eclipse, while it works on idiots is not a good skill to fix that issue...unless they are idiots. I would rather have a gap closer and stun than eclipse.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys,

We truly appreciate all the time and effort everyone has put into writing their feedback on current class balance. In hindsight, we realized the previous patch notes may have implied that balance changes specifically for class abilities would be included in upcoming PTS patches for Update 18. To be clear, our focus for the remaining PTS updates will be iteration and polish for the Psijic Order skill line, Light and Heavy Attack balancing, updating item sets, and fixing bugs. We are, however, collecting all your class feedback and will work on improving class balance in future updates.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

We truly appreciate all the time and effort everyone has put into writing their feedback on current class balance. In hindsight, we realized the previous patch notes may have implied that balance changes specifically for class abilities would be included in upcoming PTS patches for Update 18. To be clear, our focus for the remaining PTS updates will be iteration and polish for the Psijic Order skill line, Light and Heavy Attack balancing, updating item sets, and fixing bugs. We are, however, collecting all your class feedback and will work on improving class balance in future updates.

Wow. Rip mag warden.
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

rest in pepperoni my feeble magicka warden
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

It's not even about the previous patch notes -- you guys have been saying for a few patches now that class balance would be a major focus of this summer's patch. You guys have been telling us for months that you would "work on improving class balance in future updates", and every PTS cycle you tell us it's coming next time. It's really getting hard to be patient.
    Edited by casparian on May 7, 2018 2:39PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That light/heavy attack balancing is surely enough work for 6 or 7 development teams, I can't imagine the struggle.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :joy: ok
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Means future update next pts patch or future dlc patches???
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • seblatourneb18_ESO
    so why do you create threads on class balance and just do nothing again? Just tell players: "the changes in the initial patch notes are final. thank you for your feedback". It'd be quicker.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Oh really? You don't say?

Edit: The rest of us didn't need hindsight to see this at all. Why is there this disconnect between you guys and the player-base on this?
    Edited by Apache_Kid on May 7, 2018 2:49PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh what a pleasant surprise.

I think they just transmuted 10 combat developers into 10 brand new and highly needed crown store developers to improve the gaming experience.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Any word on whether the Light/Heavy Attack balancing will include fixing the Werewolf Light Attack damage that was nerfed by 40%? Or maybe some acknowledgment of the issue and explanation as to why that nerf happened?

Sincerely,

All stam characters that run a werewolf build
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Kinda like that poll where they asked us if we wanted to see them run through a dungeon or discuss class and combat balance

The poll was heavily for the balance comments

Still waiting for them, they did run through a dungeon though....
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so why do you create threads on class balance and just do nothing again? Just tell players: "the changes in the initial patch notes are final. thank you for your feedback". It'd be quicker.

Fair question.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? So magden has to exist is this absolutely terrible state for 3 months now? Why?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Kinda like that poll where they asked us if we wanted to see them run through a dungeon or discuss class and combat balance

The poll was heavily for the balance comments

Still waiting for them, they did run through a dungeon though....

It's just amazing because for like months and months and months, people have been mentioning in so many threads:

"Yeah well class balance is coming in Summerset so don't worry"

I could not tell you how many times i've seen this. I've said it myself because that is what we have been led to believe.

If you and I saw those comments all these months, they did too and didn't feel the need to tell us that combat changes on class balance wouldn't be coming in summerset until this morning, 1 month before console launch, right after the big pre-order hullabaloo.

You can't make this stuff up.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Any word on whether the Light/Heavy Attack balancing will include fixing the Werewolf Light Attack damage that was nerfed by 40%? Or maybe some acknowledgment of the issue and explanation as to why that nerf happened?

Sincerely,

All stam characters that run a werewolf build

Damage scaling seems to be a tough spot for them. Templars have been showing them for 10 months at this point that Puncturing Sweeps and Radiant Destruction scale incorrectly with CP bonuses, and since Gina said she would be passing on some testing info to Wrobel we haven't heard anything or seen any acknowledgement that the issue even exists. I'm not sure what it is that makes testing and fixing damage scaling issues specifically so hard, but it seems to be a particularly tough nut to crack for them.
    Edited by casparian on May 7, 2018 2:56PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    That light/heavy attack balancing is surely enough work for 6 or 7 development teams, I can't imagine the struggle.

@Sandman929

Ain’t sure if this is sarcasm or not, but quite literally they only have about 5 people or less working on combat balance for the entire game.

Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 7, 2018 2:56PM
  • Ludof
    Ludof
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

You literally killed Magden while buffing already strong classes like Magsorc.

Thank you, really.
    [EP-EU]
    [Cloud Chasers]
    Ludof - Dragonknight EP
    Ludo-Fly-High - Warden DC
    Irenilde Bantrel - Templar EP
    Edd Bastian - Sorcerer EP
    Lvdof - Templar EP
    Nadia Brown - Templar EP
    Ludof Shadowblade -Nightblade EP
    Lùdof- Templar DC
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

@Sandman929

Ain’t sure if this is sarcasm or not, but quite literally they only have about 5 people working on combat balance for the entire game.

It was sarcasm, as is the following:
    Thank goodness they're using those limited resources to take a deep dive into light/heavy attack balancing.
  • DeliCreep
    DeliCreep
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thank you! Finally I can quit this game. You once again favored the casuals, but guess what, they will leave this game anyway when something new is released. I've complated all HMs, I'm Immortal Redeemer, I've bought all CEs and was gonna buy Summerset CE, I've also bought more crown than I'd like to admit, and it was all for nothing because I have no more faith left in this game. Any game that favors casuals over its core players is not a good game.
    Edited by DeliCreep on May 7, 2018 3:07PM
    Immortal Redeemer
This discussion has been closed.