Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – May 2018"

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elissae wrote: »
    Irfind wrote: »
    Uhm not really ?

This should be part of summerset for gold not for crowns :#

I think on the live stream they said it will be both for the town house, with the ship+cave being Crown store only?

They did, yes.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    I think this is the first time an in-game motif is made available in the Crown Store at the same time it is made available in-game.

"Glass"

@Rickter That is incorrect. Glass was released in-game on 31 Aug 2015 with Imperial City. It appeared on the Crown Store 24 Sep 2015. It was only three weeks or so between in-game availability and Crown Store availability, which at the time was a source of controversy. But three weeks is still longer than 0 days.
    Edited by code65536 on May 1, 2018 11:00PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally more hair!!!! YAAAASSSS!!!
    It looks nice, too. :)
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sapiarch motif is crown store exclusive?
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MajesticHaruki It is not.
    Thavie wrote: »
    Yet another crown store exclusive crafting morif! Oh, come on!

To clarify, the Sapiarch Crafting Style will not be an ESO Crown-Store exclusive. It will also be available in-game by completing specific Summerset daily quests. Watch for full details in the Summerset launch patch notes. :)

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, nothing worth being excited for imo
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the first time an in-game motif is made available in the Crown Store at the same time it is made available in-game.

"Glass"

@Rickter That is incorrect. Glass was released in-game on 31 Aug 2015 with Imperial City. It appeared on the Crown Store 24 Sep 2015. It was only three weeks or so between in-game availability and Crown Store availability, which at the time was a source of controversy. But three weeks is still longer than 0 days.

Testing the waters.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally some P2W I can waste my money on >:)
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youre finally getting your luxurious feminine locks hairstyle guys. Happy?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uhm not really ?

a8eb96f6e91f9d6ff3abb6c2dc2513ce.jpg

You can buy this house for 1 million gold.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaah I want that smiling puppy so much, but only have like 100 crowns :'( On a side-note, how many peeps do you think have tried licking that guar for .... recreational purposes

Edit: 20% off crowns, gonna re-home a puppy!! B)
    Edited by GoonyGoat on May 4, 2018 3:54PM
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    The redoran shield is surely the best shield style in the game!
    Redoran-Ruby-Ash-Shield-2.jpg
    Edited by moonio on May 2, 2018 9:28AM
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I wish that hairstyle could be purchased separately, cause I'm not interested in any other items included in this bundle.

Yeah the "bundling" tactic so they can jack up the price is NOT appealing. SIGH
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think there's enough limited time items in there? Yeesh!

So tired of that. Seriously ZOS just put it ALL up at the beginning of the month and leave it there. Enough with the manipulation.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who is sick of seeing recolored guars. I'm happy to see the hairstyle though, finally something I am interested in after the last few disappointing showcases.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Uhm not really ?

This player home will be available in-game for gold (unfurnished) with the launch of Summerset as well.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

So tired of that. Seriously ZOS just put it ALL up at the beginning of the month and leave it there. Enough with the manipulation.

It's not manipulation imo, and if it is then you should tell all the supermarkets to stop having time limited offers too, Lidl wouldn't survive without them..

I much prefer time limited offers to loot crates.. and you should too.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mady wrote: »
    Finally some P2W I can waste my money on >:)

P2W? it's just lazy mans scrolls chill^^

I don't get it because i don't need it. I have patience to wait for research^^
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boo no new polymorph this time
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »

It's not manipulation imo, and if it is then you should tell all the supermarkets to stop having time limited offers too, Lidl wouldn't survive without them..

I much prefer time limited offers to loot crates.. and you should too.

Yeah... that's all manipulation. It's trying to create an artificial rush. Best Buy, for instance, has been spamming me about one day left on a sale for the past week like they're going out of business. Retail is all about these psychological tricks, i.e. items on sale all year round. It's important to at least recognize the games being played on you.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • calitrumanb14_ESO
    calitrumanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, once a supermarket sale ends you can still buy the item at regular price.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont care, I like the time limited offers lol...
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Uhm not really ?

You can buy this house for 1 million gold.

I just had the Dr. Evil flashback. :lol:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted the Colossal Elven Grotto or Dawnlight Palace more... so I decided to buy whichever came out first.

Thanks for settling that debate ZOS!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    That Sapiarch motif looks tempting. My outfit would be the talk of the town. So ready for Summerset!

And this is why they're introducing the motif in the CS at launch. They're hoping to catch people unaware.

NOTE: You will be able to earn this motif in-game! Also, you will be able to buy it from other players. Of course, if you don't have SS and really want it right away, then sure, maybe a CS purchase would be an acceptable way to go.

But, how many people are going to know at launch that they can either earn the motif in-game if they own SS or they can buy pages from other players if they don't. People are gonna see this pop up and think it's CS exclusive. I don't mind motifs in the CS, even exclusive ones (I've purchased both Frostcaster and Grim Harlequin). But, what I don't like is introducing a brand-new motif at launch that is also available in the expansion. Many won't know this and will fork over Crowns they may not have if they knew it could be obtained in game. Sure, some would still want to buy it outright anyway, but some of the buyers probably won't have all the facts to make an informed decision.

As for the rest of the Showcase, I'm somewhat pleased. There are at least a couple of permanent items being added (the beauty pack and a pet) in addition to the permanent items we already knew were coming as part of the expansion (house and research scrolls). Everything else, though, is limited time...again. Plus, they're removing 8 items, so it's a net loss...again.

I am going to check out the Dibella pack - that's the only limited-time item I'm remotely interested in. I may pick up the beauty pack at some point, if I like more than just the hairstyle and if the price is reasonable.
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    FOR EFF's SAKE - WHERE IS TSAESCI MOTIF?!?!

It was first seen in Morrowind's Closed PTS, so my guess is that it will be available in June, during Morrowind's anniversary.
    [PC-NA] CP 1200+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FOR EFF's SAKE - WHERE IS TSAESCI MOTIF?!?!

QFE.

Tsaesci! Come on!
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    WINDBLOWN HAIR
    *waits for it*
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder that it costs 50-55k crowns or $360 to $400 (PC/NA non sale prices) should you choose to buy those Jewelry Crafting scrolls to max out your jewelry research (assuming you have all traits jewelry and all research passives available).

Of course, you can also wait out the timer...

It'll take a little over a month to research 6-traits on necklace and ring if you have no downtime on research, all passives, and all traits available. It'll take about 5 to 6 months to fully research jewelry traits.

More detailed math here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/408045/how-much-does-it-cost-to-max-research-jewelry-with-crown-scrolls/p1

Thanks for the maths. This is unfortunately exactly the situation I feared when the instant research scrolls came out.

Depending on how many people plop down the necessary $400, there's a chance that the only Hundings or Julianos gold jewelry you will see in the guild stores for several months will be ridiculously overpriced, as the Crown Store buyers exploit their market advantage.

I can only hope that there are enough of these day-one jewelry crafting maxers to provide some competition in the market. The nice thing is that crafted jewelry will essentially be commodities, eventually: each crafter can make an unlimited number. All it will take is a handful of folks making more supply than the market can handle to drive prices down.