The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The characters of cinimatic trailers?

Wanderer_13
So who are they? By the Summerset poster I assumed there will be the woman from trailer, won't she?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't characters in the game, if that's what you are asking, at least not yet. The costumes for them called them unnamed heroes.

I usually interpret them as player character stand-ins.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they're basically stand-ins:

The original trailer series' Nord is imprsioned by Molag Bal in Coldharbour, just like the Vestige in the vanilla game.

The Morrowind trailer's Redguard warden fights alongside Naryu Virian, just like the player in Morrowind.

The Summerset trailer's High Elf (which returns from the original series) will probably fight with Razum-dar, just like the player in Summerset(?).

Seeing a pattern here. :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, the Redguard Warden does get a name and a backstory in Naryu's journal. Maybe we'll get the same for the high elf in Raz's journal.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, the Redguard Warden does get a name and a backstory in Naryu's journal. Maybe we'll get the same for the high elf in Raz's journal.

Possibly, though we already know her as the Dominion Hero from the original launch Cinematics, coming back home after her ordeal during the Siege of the Imperial City. And Basically out of the three she's the only one left. The Covenant Hero died and the Pact Hero is assumingly still a prisoner in Coldharbour. If we're lucky she may even be an NPC in Summerset's story Quest.

CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Possibly, though we already know her as the Dominion Hero from the original launch Cinematics, coming back home after her ordeal during the Siege of the Imperial City. And Basically out of the three she's the only one left. The Covenant Hero died and the Pact Hero is assumingly still a prisoner in Coldharbour. If we're lucky she may even be an NPC in Summerset's story Quest.

I asked about this over in the PTS forum and
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to think of them as their own special characters we may eventually encounter, but they really probably are just surrogates for player characters.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting to note that the Breton in the Elsweyr trailers used to be a different class before he was a Necromancer