The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Has anyone been unable to access their OWN housing, ending in a timeout?

Turgenev
Turgenev
✭✭✭
Hi,

I've already posted this in Bug Report, and have been working with various CSRs since the 3rd week of March. In a nutshell:

I have one main toon (my crafter/achievement/everything guy), and possibly several other master-grade crafting toons, that are now unable to access any of my personal housing. As soon as I try to enter by door or by port, my connection to ESO terminates immediately (as noticed by teammates who are on TS and can tell me my connection status realtime), but it still shows the loading screen for that house. This times out after a minute with "Unable to connect to game server."

I'm able to enter anyone else's houses thus far.

I have run the CSR testing gambit of updating drivers, repairing install, removing addons, etc. I have also replicated this exact issue on a separate computer (MacBook Pro), with zero addons as well. As it happens on both machines, it leads me to believe that this is an account-based issue, possibly in regards to one or more toons.

My ask: Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? The CSRs are stumped, and I've already lost out on one housing contest because of this. Moreover, I've sunken a lot of money into housing, and am now leery of spending anything more, like for the upcoming Palace or Grotto, until I can shed further light on this issue.

You're not CSRs, but you're fellow housing creators, so I'm hoping that someone here might be able to offer suggestions.

Thanks.
Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
"Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer

Best Answer

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turgenev wrote: »
    @Marginis - I'll give that a whirl. That's about the only thing that coincides with my issues that's changed. My main house has been max item cap (Linchal) since the house was released and barely has changed since then.

FIrst I'll remove the chests with an alt, then try to log in my main and see if it has an effect, and I'll f/u here with a result.

It might be the storage chest in the house, but I found my luck was changed when I just cleaned up the items in the storage containers themselves. Both are good options to try, at least.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've encountered somewhat similar (though not the same) issues myself. I do indeed think it is something to do with the account, specifically with storage chests and items that occupy inventory/bank space. If it's possible to try cleaning some of those things up, with the help of a safe guild bank or alternate accounts, that might be able to help.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    @Marginis - I'll give that a whirl. That's about the only thing that coincides with my issues that's changed. My main house has been max item cap (Linchal) since the house was released and barely has changed since then.

FIrst I'll remove the chests with an alt, then try to log in my main and see if it has an effect, and I'll f/u here with a result.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    How deep was your box clean? I have quite a bit of stuff. =\
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turgenev wrote: »
    How deep was your box clean? I have quite a bit of stuff. =\

A full bank's worth (max capacity) of furnishings, 30 treasure maps, 30 disguises, 20 or so miscellaneous item stacks, and an armor set or two. It was less so the amount than the organization of it too, I think. Currently, I have my furnishings filling my bank (so I can't use it at all, planning on stacking a bunch in a throwaway home soon), but all the other items are back in the storage chests. I should also mention though that I have access to seven different guild banks that I control completely and 13 alts, as well as two other gamertags with two characters each... so the clean was a lot easier than it is for some people, so I fully understand your situation.

For what it's worth, if you don't currently lead a guild, it's fairly easy to create one, get ten members by randomly inviting every single player in the town square of Vulkhel Guard or Rawl'kha, and set the guild bank to only accessible by the guildmaster (you). A lot of people are pretty understanding if you set the message of the day for the guild explaining the situation, and will stay in until you don't need access to the guild bank anymore.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have Master Merchant, clear out your data. It slows down loading significantly when it gets filled up, and since houses already take a bit longer to load, you get a timeout.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 27, 2018 11:21PM