The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 18’s Gifting, Daily Rewards, & Combat Changes"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Learn About Update 18’s Gifting, Daily Rewards, & Combat Changes. Update 18 introduces a selection of additions and improvements for all ESO players, including Crown Store Gifting, Daily Rewards, and combat changes that are designed to help you play the way you want to play. Find out more in this latest preview article!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too happy about the way the rewards are being done.

Whilst they're not cumulative it does punish anyone who's travelling, has connectivity issues etc.

For example I am away on June 5th at a hotel, so I won't get the first months "best" item (assuming you need a full months days) because I have to find a way to log in for the few days I am away.

Without knowing the exact layout yet would it be possible to place any one chance only items in the mid point of a month and have anything past that just additional crates etc. That way people who do take time away for holidays, connectivity issues etc. have more chance to get a specific unique reward but those who make the full month still come out on top with more crates, gold etc.

If I have misunderstood how this works though let me know. I am assuming it's pretty much what TES Legends has.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Whilst they're not cumulative it does punish anyone who's travelling, has connectivity issues etc.

For example I am away on June 5th at a hotel, so I won't get the first months "best" item (assuming you need a full months days) because I have to find a way to log in for the few days I am away.

Without knowing the exact layout yet would it be possible to place any one chance only items in the mid point of a month and have anything past that just additional crates etc. That way people who do take time away for holidays, connectivity issues etc. have more chance to get a specific unique reward but those who make the full month still come out on top with more crates, gold etc.

If I have misunderstood how this works though let me know. I am assuming it's pretty much what TES Legends has.

Agreed. The fact that it's not consecutive is nice, but it would be cringy at best and manipulative at worst to make people log in for nearly every day in a month in order to get the best reward.

I thought this was an RPG, where rewards are tied to progress and not merely to number of days logged in. This stuff belongs in a mobile game, not a AAA MMO like this. Wouldn't it be possible to get more people to log in more often by giving out neat stuff for stuff like casual PVE questing etc. instead of this mobile game system?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • timb16_ESO85
    timb16_ESO85
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also put a similar post in the feedback discussion about gifting, but since I feel it is important something is done to prevent abuse:

WTS 3000 crowns mount for 5 mil, you send gold first

Want to buy crowns, send crown gift first

Please, for the sake of preventing scammers, either remove gifting as a feature or add some option to have it send with c.o.d. since the above situation will happen and people will get scammed.
    Edited by timb16_ESO85 on April 26, 2018 3:15PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for - "giving a reward just for logging on the most each month" is not rewarding in any meaningful sense.

I am really looking forward to the combat changes but ZOS you HAVE to put in some new kind of tutorial on light attack weaving. Did you give up on raising the floor and lowering the ceiling? You just raised the ceiling for people who can weave and dropped the floor for people who don't know what weaving is.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume the lengthy unlocking process for Gifting on new accounts is supposed to be a deterrent for people making throwaway accounts to gift crown store items for gold?
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't log in on weekends... that's 8 days I'll miss for this reward system. Please, don't be so cruel with the rewards :(
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "At the start of each month, the daily rewards will reset, with the amount of rewards you can claim varying month-to-month. If you can't log in and happen to miss a day, don't worry, the reward days are cumulative, meaning you won't lose progress and you can continue where you left off within the month. However, all progress does reset at the end of the month, and if you don't have enough days left to claim all of that month's rewards, you might miss out on some."

Can't check the PTS right now, but do we even know what the max days prize is?

If it's ten days total in a month to get all prizes it's not so bad.

If it's 25 days total to get all prizes, I can see why some people will be upset.

But it's free stuff either way I suppose.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very interesting! :)
    Its nice that the daily logins are cumulative, rather than starting over if you miss a day or more.
    With the gifting, I think its a shame that you cannot gift items that you own now, and must buy new ones... I have a lot of things that I don't use and would love to give away, as many others probably do too. But I guess that would lower the value of items in the crown store if "free" gifting becomes rampant. :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume the lengthy unlocking process for Gifting on new accounts is supposed to be a deterrent for people making throwaway accounts to gift crown store items for gold?

Any chance you can fill me in on what the unlocking process is? Unaware of it so far.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

There will be a grace period to allow for missed days which may be slightly different each month (which is why we didn't commit to an exact number in the article.)

It's mainly for fraud prevention.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Any chance you can fill me in on what the unlocking process is? Unaware of it so far.
    From the article:
    Gifting is a feature that must be unlocked. If you are a new player, you need to become an ESO Plus member or make a Crown Pack purchase and wait 30 days in order to gain the ability to gift. If you are an existing player who is not yet an ESO Plus member or has not made a Crown Pack purchase, you will also need to make a purchase and then wait 30 days in order to gain the ability to gift. Gifting is automatically unlocked if you are an existing player with a qualifying history of Crown Pack purchases or ESO Plus participation on the launch of Update 18.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

From the article: "Unlocking Gifting

Gifting is a feature that must be unlocked. If you are a new player, you need to become an ESO Plus member or make a Crown Pack purchase and wait 30 days in order to gain the ability to gift. If you are an existing player who is not yet an ESO Plus member or has not made a Crown Pack purchase, you will also need to make a purchase and then wait 30 days in order to gain the ability to gift. Gifting is automatically unlocked if you are an existing player with a qualifying history of Crown Pack purchases or ESO Plus participation on the launch of Update 18."
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both @VaranisArano and @casparian

I read the original post so fast i didn't even see there was a link :D
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, all progress does reset at the end of the month, and if you don't have enough days left to claim all of that month's rewards, you might miss out on some.

This is just weird and counter productive.

First: Oh don't worry, it's not consecutive, it's cumulative.
    Then: But if you don't log in enough we'll take the candy away.

Might as well have been consecutive.

Edit: When I wrote this I did not see Gina's post saying:
    There will be a grace period to allow for missed days which may be slightly different each month (which is why we didn't commit to an exact number in the article.)

So I guess that makes it a little better and we'll have to see how it works out, I still find it cumbersome, sorry.
    Edited by Rouven on April 26, 2018 5:29PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    However, all progress does reset at the end of the month, and if you don't have enough days left to claim all of that month's rewards, you might miss out on some.

This is just weird and counter productive.

First: Oh don't worry, it's not consecutive, it's cumulative.
    Then: But if you don't log in enough we'll take the candy away.

Might as well have been consecutive.

Cumulative allows for more wiggle room than for consecutive.

Furthermore, they are merely asking you to log into the game so even if it was consecutive, as long as you are not traveling away from your PC/console its ridiculously easy to never miss out on anything.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The article mentioned that:
    some "instant unlock" items (such as Bag Space or Vampire bites) are unable to be gifted
    Does that include mount lessons? We have a guildmate right now on a newly leveled character that allegedly is serving as our retreating maneuver spammer in Cyrodiil but he only has like 20 mount speed at the moment. We're currently mostly joking about a kickstarter to get him mount lessons but it's a concern lol. Will they be something that we could gift?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this will now be a thing:

*WTT Crowns (crown store items) for gear/materials/carry/power leveling...

*WTS "X" only accepting crowns.

Followed by:

*"player" is a scammer, took my crowns and didn't give me what we agreed on. (unless they make it CoD)
    Edited by Ley on April 26, 2018 4:00PM
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in essence the original statement and marketing on all websites that say a subscription isn’t required is 100% false for this

Further your article requires they purchase crowns in one way or another. Please change all your listings....

rmnh4t9o58nu.jpeg
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 26, 2018 4:03PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to gift DLCs?
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted to gift a friend of mine a spider like pet (when one comes out) because he hates spiders... :)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in essence the original statement and marketing on all websites that say a subscription isn’t required is 100% false for this

Further your article requires they purchase crowns in one way or another. Please change all your listings....

rmnh4t9o58nu.jpeg

I mean, how are they gonna gift crown store items if they've never bought crowns or received them through ESO+? The only thing is they have to wait a month afterward.

Gifting is unlocked by buying crowns or receiving crowns through ESO+. You gotta have crowns to gift stuff. I dont think its that complicated.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Gina. I'll take a look at the first month before I throw my toys out the pram but I have my concerns on how customer friendly this will be, especially as it seems there will be unique items in some months.
    We all love the game and want the cool stuff this offers but life really get in the way of that sometimes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That lady has way too many dogs
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's mainly for fraud prevention.

Thanks for the updates
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    I'm tempted to gift a friend of mine a spider like pet (when one comes out) because he hates spiders... :)

Could do that with ZOS staff. Won't say who but their name rhymes with Gina

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That Guar.... I must have it.... <3<3<3
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that this is the picture for the Gifting section of the article:
    d795e1d2a8425ecf7c48be4a4ca81644.jpg

Its like someone saw some squishly lowbie and was like "Man, you really need a a food buff in group content. Let me gift you some crown consumables!"
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you gift across platforms? (I'm on PC, but my daughter is on Xbox)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ashryn wrote: »
    Can you gift across platforms? (I'm on PC, but my daughter is on Xbox)
    You can only gift something to an account on the same platform.

That lady has way too many dogs
    No such thing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to gift away items you already posess yes?

Khajiit has some dogs the orc girl found that this one would like to rehome ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/