The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

9 1/2 hours to do crafting surveys

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
Never thought as many surveys I did today would take this long to do, and an hour to refine them as well. Amount of surveys is well over 400. Been saving them for quite a while and curious if others have had this happen as well?

Note for those thinking to suggest an addon I am on Xbox one, I cannot have addons.
Edited by Armatesz on April 25, 2018 10:10AM
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is normal now that surveys are more "fun" as the devs put it, by making them drop for all areas in tamriel.

As a writ doer, I really was getting bored with the convenience of all my surveys being in the same zone, I really enjoy traveling around the whole of tamriel to harvest my surveys that previously didn't take too long given they were all in one spot.

I don't see why anyone would complain about it.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just trash all of em
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss them all being in Craglorn, it made getting Nirncrux so much easier.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just trash all of em

:o

*triggerred*

But... but... all those hundreds upon thousands of raw 150-60 CP mats! All those gold tempers! All those kutas! All those alchemy reagents!

Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only had ~95, myself. Took more than a little time.

But now I have to refine 2.3k ruby ash, 2k ancestor silk, 1.8k rubedite, and 1.6k leather. :o
    Options
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saw a useful tip on the forums the other day. Get to the survey spot, pick up the nodes, port to a house you don't own, walk out the door and you are back at the spot with nodes refreshed.

It saves riding some indeterminate distance away and back which can be a real pain in some swampy or forested zones.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirelurk wrote: »
    Saw a useful tip on the forums the other day. Get to the survey spot, pick up the nodes, port to a house you don't own, walk out the door and you are back at the spot with nodes refreshed.

It saves riding some indeterminate distance away and back which can be a real pain in some swampy or forested zones.
    Faster to just ride 100 meter away and return i think.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just trash all of em

Me too. I don't have the patience to collect them and they just take up space.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you piling them up? Just go survey daily after the writs.
    Pc na
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    Why are you piling them up? Just go survey daily after the writs.

Because of the anniversary event. Smashing writs on as many characters possible for gold boxes also resulted in a lot of surveys.
    Options
  • Redterrier
    Redterrier
    Soul Shriven
    I divy them up by alliance and give them to the alt that is highest level in that alliance, since they have more wayshrines uncovered. I still have the odd zones out collecting dust in the bank though.
    Options
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only craft on 1 character, so I don't get too many surveys. I generally save them up to I have about 10 or so before doing them.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

No; sometimes they don't refresh
    Edited by Mureel on April 25, 2018 7:57AM
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have over a hundred surveys still to pick up after the event. But there's no hurry. A few here, a few there and they'll soon be gone.

PC EU
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure I probably was the one that posted the teleport to a home you don't own trick.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also for those wondering... yes my arm hurts because of an hour long refining process.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    Also for those wondering... yes my arm hurts because of an hour long refining process.

@Armatesz - get the addon "Multicraft"
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can also just log out and log in again. No need to mess around with finding a house to port to, and the same number of load screens.
    Options
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have around 1200 in my bank, and only do them if I have more than 10 of the same location. Or never. Not looking at you , alchemy surveys.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually wait till I have several hundred as well. The reason is they do stack in multiples, so it eases the task of collecting them. There's only a limited number of them, since each alliance zone has 5 x 15 = 75, Coldharbour, Craglorn, Wrothgar and Vvardenfell have 3 x 5 x 4 = 60, so a total of 135 surveys. I can fit all of those in a character's inventory once I put everything but the worn gear and a few other things in bank, and everything I collect goes straight to the craft bag so I can keep going. If I have multiples, after I collect I get about 50 m away, then they reset and collect again, minimizing the travel time. I only collect every 2-3 months for this reason, and I do it over several days, alphabetically, by zone, in order to not get burned out by it, and so it doesn't interfere much with my other in game activities. The last time I collected was about a month ago, and I managed to get ~30K unrefined materials. I've refined them and gotten ~180 gold tempers of all types out of them. I'd say about 1/3 of materials used up in writs are eventually refunded as surveys and intricate items; so it helps keep them profitable in the long run. When not collecting surveys I go to more secluded guild kiosks where I can buy refined materials in bulk at a steep discount. When you don't get surveys, you get lower level materials. I had trouble selling those above vendor price, but with many people doing writs doing the event I ended up selling dozens of stacks of those during the event, for reasonable prices. Overall crafting is indeed a very profitable activity.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure I probably was the one that posted the teleport to a home you don't own trick.

Alternatively... just logout and login again.
    Options
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »

No; sometimes they don't refresh

They always refresh if you go far enough, which isn't much far either.

Some spots were bugged a while back, but were fixed AFAIK, like the Glenumbra enchanting spot that had one node hidden and would only respawn after you logged out.

But all the others always respawn. I always wait until I have 5 surveys for the same spot and just ride away for a few seconds and return.
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I save them up until I have enough to get min of 1000 unrefined mats. It takes me about 2 hours to collect them all and about 1-2 times a month I do them. Only good thing about this is i have a ton of free tempers and have memorized all there locations so i can get it done much faster.

I miss them all being in wrothgar but like the increase to Mats you get per survey very much worth doing and the time it takes to do it.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on April 25, 2018 9:58AM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I save them up until I have enough to get min of 1000 unrefined mats. It takes me about 2 hours to collect them all and about 1-2 times a month I do them. O ly good thing about this is i have a ton of free tempers and have memorized all there locations so i can get it done much faster.

I miss them all being in wrothgar but like the increase to Mats you get per survey. Very much north doing and the time it takes to do it.

This. If you do your surveys regularly, you can be completely self-reliant AND make a lot of gold.

Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »

I am on xbox one, I cannot do addons. Kind of wish people realized there are console people on here.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ssorgatem wrote: »

Alternatively... just logout and login again.

and experience long loading issues that happen with logging back in over and over? I don't think that is the best one there. Learned that lesson from doing flour farming.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on xbox one, I cannot do addons. Kind of wish people realized there are console people on here.

We have signatures ^^
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sdtlc wrote: »

We have signatures ^^

I am sadly just figuring this one out >_>' I suck...
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never thought as many surveys I did today would take this long to do, and an hour to refine them as well. Amount of surveys is well over 400. Been saving them for quite a while and curious if others have had this happen as well?

Note for those thinking to suggest an addon I am on Xbox one, I cannot have addons.

I definately save and stack mine up until i need either the bank/bag space or the mats. But the most ive ever spent completing including refining is around 3.5 hours with addons.

And i hate it.

9 hours is a massive mission.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I save them up until I have enough to get min of 1000 unrefined mats. It takes me about 2 hours to collect them all and about 1-2 times a month I do them. O ly good thing about this is i have a ton of free tempers and have memorized all there locations so i can get it done much faster.

I miss them all being in wrothgar but like the increase to Mats you get per survey. Very much north doing and the time it takes to do it.

This. If you do your surveys regularly, you can be completely self-reliant AND make a lot of gold.

Made my first million this way. It's why I cringe when I see people deleting.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options