Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Master Anglers Rejoice! Pyandonean/ Maomer Motif will be obtainable from fishing

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Guarlet wrote: »
    You call getting what was previously a crown crate-unique motif, junk?
    If it can't be turned to Perfect Roe, it's junk, so yes... motifs in fishing is junk.

Do you like Perfect Roe because you can sell it for a profit? Maormer motif pages are likely to be worth more than a Perfect Roe (many motif styles in game are already worth more than a Perfect Roe and those motifs often come from more popular content than fishing).

Do you like Perfect Roe because you like to use it yourself in food/drink recipes and furniture plans and whatnot? Sell motif pages to other players. Buy Perfect Roe with proceeds. Likely multiple Perfect Roe. Craft your food/drink/furniture.

I don't see a downside for fishing to adding something to the loot table that is likely to be just as valuable, if not more valuable, than Perfect Roe.
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome! Curious to see what the drop rate is actually like.

Super-low I would expect.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an awesome idea ! My inner master angler will be happy :)
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a good move from ZOS. Bravo!
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally fishing gets some love!!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To clarify, there is no achievement required to obtain this Motif through fishing, and any chapters you fish out can be traded with others.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, there is no achievement required to obtain this Motif through fishing, and any chapters you fish out can be traded with others.

will arteum be included gina? and any chance you can take the motif in the bottle idea to the art team?
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 24, 2018 8:05PM
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats awesome, weird but awesome lol.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    A step in the right direction, but I remain cautious. What will the drop rates be like? Not to mention the competition for fishing nodes and the slow rate at which they respawn.

The proof is in the pudding.

The fact that people will be able to get them out side of crates is a huge win. I figure they will have a drop rate about the same as perfect roe, which I am fine with. It will give those who fish more stuff to sell.

Oh I'm not denying that. It's good to see they listened to everyone's feedback. If they drop at the same rate as roe, then that's fine. But if they're on the same level of rarity as Buoyant Armchair Armiger/Vvardenfell/CWC Homestead recipes etc?........Yeeaaaaah....... No.

I guess it matters if you're NOT going for MA. If you are, I look at it as a bonus since I'll be doing it (fishing) anyway.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the drop rate is similar to Hlaalu/Telvanni/Redoran I'm fine with it. I'm not a big fan of fishing but I'll sell an arm to finish a motif if it's necessary.

If it's like Bouyant, however...

Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you have to have the master angler title or can anyone get it ?

Anyone can get it through fishing ... it’s not retroactive for zones you’ve cleared already towards Master Angler.
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We appreciate everyone’s continued feedback and thoughts on this topic, and understand the concerns you have. As such, we will add the ability to obtain the Pyandonean Motif Chapters through fishing, as well as in the Psijic Vault Crown Crate. As the Maormer are also known as the Sea Elves, it’s fitting that you’ll find these Motif Chapters while fishing in and around Summerset Isle. The plan is to implement this change in the next week or two on the PTS, so it will be in-game when Update 18 launches and the Pisjic Vault Crown Crates become available to those who pre-purchased the Summerset Chapter.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, everyone, and we’re excited to have you try out the in-game component on the PTS very soon.

Thanks for giving fishers some content zos, now any chance we can also get a purple fish? wink wink @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: as noted before, paper would get soggy in water so what about making the motif pages messages inside a bottle?

Weirdness I did happen to a message in a bottle on the beach in summerset last week. It was intractable and contained a paper that I couldn't read.
    Edited by phileunderx2 on April 24, 2018 8:50PM
    Options
  • Lordstannis0620

For those complaining about the low drop chance and not wanting to be bothered to grind fishing... ZOS has made it so you can also purchase from guild traders... albeit at a high price tag.

Look for guilds in zone chat looking for fishermen...lol
    All hail His Grace, Stannis of House Baratheon, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

PC NA
    Ebonheart Pact

Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s an added bonus to fishing for players that buy the new chapter. I can’t see any negatives about it.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What wasn't said is they will be as rare as aetheric ciphers

Exactly.

Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia is in the game!
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you have to have the master angler title or can anyone get it ?

Would be interesting if this increased chances @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • joshfong
    joshfong
    ✭✭
    Will there now be an achievement for completing the motif?

Thanks to ZOS for making the change, on the surface this sounds great.
    Options
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's amazing. Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno for the best news :)
    Violynne wrote: »
    *slams head against the table.

First, there was bait.

Then, there was gummy sacks.

Following this was house decorations.

Now I have to contend with motifs.

Here's an idea: how about making fishing about actual fish!
    :angry:

I don't even know what to say about this lol. I assume they are expecting ZoS to reward them some fish for fishing, while ZoS is rewarding fishers a lot of fish for fishing :trollface:
    PC|EU
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I'm happy. Sure the drop rate may be terrible, but I'm already prepped for it to take forever for that last blue fish in the zone...
    Options
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    About time ZoS, thanks, nice to throw us fishers a bone. I do a lot of fishing. And this is icing on the cake for sure..
    Options
  • Redterrier
    Redterrier
    Soul Shriven
    I like the idea. I enjoy catching odd things when fishing. It breaks up the tedium.
    Options
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great! Fishing need more incentive.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it matter on what bait we use and do certain baits cause us to have an increased rate of getting one versus another? Seen others asking and figured to ask. Stuff like minnow and chub and the like also curious if those things increase the chance greater or all at flat rate?
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Lordstannis0620
    Armatesz wrote: »

Does it matter on what bait we use and do certain baits cause us to have an increased rate of getting one versus another? Seen others asking and figured to ask. Stuff like minnow and chub and the like also curious if those things increase the chance greater or all at flat rate?

Bait is dependent on what type of water your fishing in, for example river, or ocean and such.
    All hail His Grace, Stannis of House Baratheon, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

PC NA
    Ebonheart Pact

Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

Bait is dependent on what type of water your fishing in, for example river, or ocean and such.

I mean besides the location but what I mean is like having usage of minnow or chub or the like have a greater chance versus using the standard use bait we all use for proper spots.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Lordstannis0620
    May require special bait, purchasable through the crown store. ;):p

PC NA
    Ebonheart Pact

Options
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much better. I was very concerned about crown-crate-only motifs. This is a reasonable solution.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
    Options
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the style material will also be available to get from fishing?
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the style material will also be available to get from fishing?

I've been wondering about this. I've got a couple Maormer style items in my bank (from Tempest island) so I wonder if that will essentially become the style material once Summerset goes live.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭
    Ayyy lmao. Gotta admit ZOS, you got me here. This is probably the best way to add this to the game. Absolutely fantastic, consider me a happy customer.

I'm really glad that you guys decided to listen to us on this one at least. And the icing on the cake, the implementation method is pure genius.

Thank you!
    Options