The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

OMG you can actually weave with Strife now and it not suck....

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Best change this far for MNB
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously. LOL at forumblades acting like this is a bug fix and not a buff even though the patch note clearly says it was sped up to make weaving easier.

Strife is smooth AF now
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no problem weaving before but this will probably make it a lot better in laggy Cyrodiil and is definitely a buff to Magblade.
    Options
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    not being able to weave strife was always a l2p issue.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Seriously. LOL at forumblades acting like this is a bug fix and not a buff even though the patch note clearly says it was sped up to make weaving easier.

Strife is smooth AF now

If you have problems with weaving strife it's a L2P problem. It does take practice, just like everything. And it is a bug by definition because it is not intended to be clunky, nothing really is.
    Edited by NyassaV on April 23, 2018 8:26PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mondini wrote: »
    not being able to weave strife was always a l2p issue.
    NyassaV wrote: »

Strife is smooth AF now

If you have problems with weaving strife it's a L2P problem. It does take practice, just like everything. And it is a bug by definition because it is not intended to be clunky, nothing really is.

Weaving strife is at the cornerstone of ranged mageblade builds, no actually good mageblade struggled, although the timing adjustment is welcomed since I don’t have to change weave timing when I switch between classes
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Strife is smooth AF now

Don't know why you're telling people to L2P when you're simultaneously posting that the skill was "bugged" and "clunky" before this change ;)
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to learn how to deal with a bugged and clunky skill, so there is no contradiction. It is a nice fix ofc, but nothing that would counterbalance the planned nerfs, even though it is probably meant to calm down the players who don't agree with the cost increase.
    Edited by Rianai on April 23, 2018 8:50PM
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Strife is smooth AF now

Don't know why you're telling people to L2P when you're simultaneously posting that the skill was "bugged" and "clunky" before this change ;)

The M-16 was a clunky weapon but soldiers still figured out how to use it and adjust to it (Vietnam or Korea era). That thing would literally hit a blade of grass and turn 90 degrees
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Strife is smooth AF now

It was technicall a fix not a buff as the potency of the skill itself is unchanged. Being sped has no bearing on the GCD, the recovery animation was sped up to fix the issue. It now works as should have for the longest time.
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Strife is smooth AF now

The M-16 was a clunky weapon but soldiers still figured out how to use it and adjust to it (Vietnam or Korea era). That thing would literally hit a blade of grass and turn 90 degrees

The M16 was modified so you could take it apart and clean it easier. The M16 prototypes were deathtraps that would jam after 2 mags while the Viet Cong came at them with unjammable AK47s.

This example actually mirrors the strife animation issue and change quite well ;)
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still wouldn't call it a buff. Its not like the GCD was shortened, it was just made less clunky and more viable, as nyassa said, it was never meant to be clunky, and people could still weave with it, its just less likely to mess up during a lagspike/frame drop. Its still a net loss over before, and pulse which is now better, had no problems weaving in the first place, so its not like its a buff over FP.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi, m16 was used in Vietnam War first as a response to AK-47 superiority over M14.

Anyways, this is a buff because now lagging people can reliably weave strife with light attack. =)
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Technically Another “nerf” to DW MNB

I guess I finally slot a destro now
    Options
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, it took them what? 3 years now? I did ask for this so many times you can check on my post history.
    Strife always had this weird delay on weaving while other skills (and force pulse mainly) didnt, with my Brazilian ping this was always an issue and the reason i left my magblade behind and went back to magdk.
    Edited by alephthiago on April 24, 2018 12:21AM
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars be like "where's my jabs/sweeps animation 'bug fix' at?"
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling