Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should they remove the scoring system in PVP

jerj6925
jerj6925
✭✭✭✭
I play on the vivec PS4 NA/S, or should say played

PVP has really become just an AP farm now and most players are just simply jumping to what ever side will get them the most AP at that moment why not just eliminate the alliance scoring system? If this did happen I believe most people wouldn't really care what the map looks like when they log in and will play hard and enjoy it. As it is now people log in and see that not only the map but the point system is so slammed in favor of one side a few things are happening.

1. They wont come back anymore as whats the point, the campaign is lost already and its only just started. seriously one side is 10k up in points over the other two alliances? and the one alliance basically controls everything all the time... lame
2. They wont try to play the map\game they will just sit around soaking up what ever AP they can get thus denying a spot to some one who may want to still try to play the map\game. This prevents an alliance of putting up a good team as a whole alliance making the game more enjoyable.
3. The zone chat is so damn toxic its driving people away, I know some folks who were hard core PVP and now want nothing to do with PVP anymore.
4. lately (over the last month) I never have to wait to get in to Vivec any more, as a matter of fact I can log in and I am put right in Vivec... I guess that can be looked at as a good thing but it really means the ability to put together or find a good group to be successful with is probably not going to happen soooo why waste my time here when I know I can play another game and know I will enjoy my time there.

... I could come up with lots more but honestly I don't want to because the more I think about what PVP is now just makes me crabby. I took a few weeks off then came back thinking I just need a break but I only lasted 20 minutes before I just shut the game down and went to play something else. I came back after another few weeks off and took a look at the map and the score and I thought... yea whats the point. I really don't need AP and I sure don't need the frustration of endlessly being an under dog so yep logged out and left for another game.

You can always find the exceptions but that doesn't mean its not happening.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont play to win. Pay to have fun.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

Fun available at the crown store soon?
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

Playing to win is part of the fun, its where the excitement is.

1. getting swarmed constantly by overwhelming numbers constantly is not fun.
    2. not being able to go after the rewards in IC becuase you are constaly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    3. taking an empty keep as fast as you can because anything else gets you constantly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    4. taking an empty tower as fast as you can because anything else gets you constantly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    5. Not being able to defend a keep because you are constantly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    6. Not being able to defend a tower because you are constantly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    7. being stuck in an alliance that is so demoralized you cant find any fun groups anymore is not fun or a group where the leader is not screaming at everyone because the group got wiped for the 8th time in 15 minutes by over whelming numbers... not fun.
    8. joining another server with maybe a hand full of players on each side so at best you might find a 5v5 fight is not fun, battle grounds would be a better option here.
    9. deciding the only option you have as a solo player is sitting around someplace hopping to find a lone straggler to fight before you get swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    10. deciding with the group you manage to find that you simply have to keep roaming around looking for a fight your size while trying to stay away from the over whelming numbers that seem to always know where you are... is not fun.
    11. Knowing you have people logging in from the over populated realm to help spot roaming groups so they can swarm you with over whelming numbers is not fun.

Now perhaps you like being the center of attention in a gang bang but most don't.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    ...seriously one side is 10k up in points over the other two alliances?
    Yeah it's discouraging. I'm literally days away from my 5-star so I'm still putting in work, but I've been visiting Shor a lot more lately. Less salt, more balance. Vivec got competitive last night for a few hours and I enjoyed that. But I've blocked *so* many players in Zone chat over the past 3 weeks for filling it with salt, crying, taunting etc - I love Zone chat for callouts (I'm mostly solo) but when it gets filled with keyboard warriors it drags the whole team down. So I feel you.

PS4NA
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you've killed enough emps as a solo player that you just go "meh." Yet, I've never held the title and never will bc I don't zerg and secondly I have a life outside of the game. High scores and emp status don't equate skill, even though a lot of people treat it that way.

Also, to all the alliance purists out there consider this: as someone who has very little time to farm undaunted sets and overland gear pvp is a means to a end to achieve what I need. I find it to be the most efficient way as well as I can farm 200k ap solo in a matter of hours. So, it would benefit me most to hop on an alliance that is doing "well" rather than one that is not. More stuff to defend means more resources to protect which is easy ap. Compared to fighting from your starting keeps vs emp alliance and the other.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on April 19, 2018 6:43PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. not being able to go after the rewards in IC becuase you are constaly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    3. taking an empty keep as fast as you can because anything else gets you constantly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    4. taking an empty tower as fast as you can because anything else gets you constantly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    5. Not being able to defend a keep because you are constantly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    6. Not being able to defend a tower because you are constantly swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    7. being stuck in an alliance that is so demoralized you cant find any fun groups anymore is not fun or a group where the leader is not screaming at everyone because the group got wiped for the 8th time in 15 minutes by over whelming numbers... not fun.
    8. joining another server with maybe a hand full of players on each side so at best you might find a 5v5 fight is not fun, battle grounds would be a better option here.
    9. deciding the only option you have as a solo player is sitting around someplace hopping to find a lone straggler to fight before you get swarmed by over whelming numbers is not fun.
    10. deciding with the group you manage to find that you simply have to keep roaming around looking for a fight your size while trying to stay away from the over whelming numbers that seem to always know where you are... is not fun.
    11. Knowing you have people logging in from the over populated realm to help spot roaming groups so they can swarm you with over whelming numbers is not fun.

Now perhaps you like being the center of attention in a gang bang but most don't.

And what exactly would removing the scoring system change from those points?
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they should deal with faction hopping.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

your question is answered in the original post, just read it again.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

But we know that will never happen, way to many "claim" they just want to play with all their friends who are only playing in different alliances.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they should get rid of score. It's totally not fair for me to be 3Rd place. With 5k ap. Of course it also helped later on, when ep don't know; how to fix every single door. Wait I was talking about the recent pts....
    Edited by Serjustin19 on April 20, 2018 3:31PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they should get rid of score. It's totally not fair for me to be 3Rd place. With 5k ap. Of course it also helped later on, when ep don't know; how to fix every single door. Wait I was talking about the recent pts....

you really didn't read the post did you...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only skimmed the post. But think i concur, i hate alliance switching. And the AP farming for personal gain. I want real alliance reivalry and a common cause.

I want the game to be about winning the campaign. Not chasing action or sitting farming potatoes.

I wondered for a while if AP should be awarded at campaign end. And have a multipler for 2nd and 3rd place (which you lose is you switch alliances)

I think on a 7day campaign this could work. Not thought it through but you know. Solutioning on the fly.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under-population and Underdog evaluation periods have been drastically reduced. This will result in scoring adjustments being applied more frequently depending on population and scoring within shorter time periods.

This upcoming change may help alleviate some of your concerns. At least it gives people an incentive faction hop to underpopulated/lower scored alliances.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Under-population and Underdog evaluation periods have been drastically reduced. This will result in scoring adjustments being applied more frequently depending on population and scoring within shorter time periods.

This upcoming change may help alleviate some of your concerns. At least it gives people an incentive faction hop to underpopulated/lower scored alliances.
    Well yes, and no... I think this change only matters to people who care about campaign score. To really impact faction balance, I would hit people where it hurts... in their "AP" wallet. Don't remove AP, use it to influence player behavior. Now it gets personal. Here's a simple example:

The faction in 1st place each scoring period (hour) earns 100% AP from everything for the next hour. The faction in 2nd place earns 150% AP, and the faction in last place earns 200% AP (Double AP).

This may help balance and prevent the ridiculous AD 10K point lead that @jerj6925 observed in his original post. I'm on that campaign too (EP) and it sucks. Changing the AP earned might create some very tight campaigns. People who remain faction-loyal will probably see times during the campaign where they earn 100%, 150% or 200% AP, while players who faction-hop as a way of life have a real incentive to switch to the losing side. Just food for thought...

I'd also block zone text chat access for the first hour to anyone who just swapped factions... lol

PS4NA
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

Well yes, and no... I think this change only matters to people who care about campaign score. To really impact faction balance, I would hit people where it hurts... in their "AP" wallet. Don't remove AP, use it to influence player behavior. Now it gets personal. Here's a simple example:

The faction in 1st place each scoring period (hour) earns 100% AP from everything for the next hour. The faction in 2nd place earns 150% AP, and the faction in last place earns 200% AP (Double AP).

This may help balance and prevent the ridiculous AD 10K point lead that @jerj6925 observed in his original post. I'm on that campaign too (EP) and it sucks. Changing the AP earned might create some very tight campaigns. People who remain faction-loyal will probably see times during the campaign where they earn 100%, 150% or 200% AP, while players who faction-hop as a way of life have a real incentive to switch to the losing side. Just food for thought...

I'd also block zone text chat access for the first hour to anyone who just swapped factions... lol
    Maybe not to the extent that you're describing but based on what was discussed in a recent ESO Live, my understanding is that that is essentially how it is going to behave. Not only will your alliance gain more points for objectives, but players will also gain bonus AP for fighting for the underdog alliance.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not to the extent that you're describing but based on what was discussed in a recent ESO Live, my understanding is that that is essentially how it is going to behave. Not only will your alliance gain more points for objectives, but players will also gain bonus AP for fighting for the underdog alliance.
    Well that would be good. I swear so many PvP players, especially casuals, have no clue about faction "score" and probably wouldn't care if they did :smile:

The AP boost should be significant (Or, the AP needed for a Rewards for the Worthy could be lowered, or perhaps a combination) to really motivate players who hop to go where they benefit the most personally. Or maybe there's a one-time 20K AP reward if your faction moves up on a score evaluation (So if you move from 3rd to 2nd at Eval, everyone online gets 20K AP). The possibilities are endless, assuming the premise is that we want to allow faction hopping. All it takes is some outside-the-box thinking. Thanks for the insight into the last ESO live - Wasn't able to watch it at the time.

PS4NA
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

But we know that will never happen, way to many "claim" they just want to play with all their friends who are only playing in different alliances.

Pretty sure it is going to happen, will just be a matter of degree. They are currently discussing and are at this point in time non-committal as to how it will be implemented.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing is answerd in your starting post.
    Scoring just means something to people that play for the map.
    Without points they wont play for the map. Cos why would they?
    You think people that leave cos behind will come back cos Scoring is romived so they dont have an objective anymore? Nothing would be different to now. Those people could just start to not play for acore anymore, if they are behind

AP Farmers and small scalers dont care anyway and find fights even when in score behind. So nothing at all would change
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's why they need a more "Hardcore" campaign desined to the more veteran players, who play campaigns to win. Mechanics such as: Faction locks, No AP gain from killing players, Damage, Healing, Sheild reductions from 50% -> 25%, and more rare and valuable end campaign rewards.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    I always felt like the flaw with Campaign Scores is that the system is backwards. Having a lot of Keeps (and thus potential Points) also grants all of the Campaign buffs while at the same time denying buffs to opposing factions.

When from a gameplay perspective if the goal is to have an active contested 3-team map, the faction carpeting the map should be losing buffs at the same time they're accumulating score.

That would allow for more rubberbanding, but it would also add a lot more risk/reward to the idea of pushing. Since you wouldn't just be gaining score but also losing Dmg/Health/whatever forcing groups/factions to gamble on bit on whether the increased penalties were worth the increased score.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on the vivec PS4 NA/S, or should say played

PVP has really become just an AP farm now and most players are just simply jumping to what ever side will get them the most AP at that moment why not just eliminate the alliance scoring system? If this did happen I believe most people wouldn't really care what the map looks like when they log in and will play hard and enjoy it. As it is now people log in and see that not only the map but the point system is so slammed in favor of one side a few things are happening.

1. They wont come back anymore as whats the point, the campaign is lost already and its only just started. seriously one side is 10k up in points over the other two alliances? and the one alliance basically controls everything all the time... lame
    2. They wont try to play the map\game they will just sit around soaking up what ever AP they can get thus denying a spot to some one who may want to still try to play the map\game. This prevents an alliance of putting up a good team as a whole alliance making the game more enjoyable.
    3. The zone chat is so damn toxic its driving people away, I know some folks who were hard core PVP and now want nothing to do with PVP anymore.
    4. lately (over the last month) I never have to wait to get in to Vivec any more, as a matter of fact I can log in and I am put right in Vivec... I guess that can be looked at as a good thing but it really means the ability to put together or find a good group to be successful with is probably not going to happen soooo why waste my time here when I know I can play another game and know I will enjoy my time there.

... I could come up with lots more but honestly I don't want to because the more I think about what PVP is now just makes me crabby. I took a few weeks off then came back thinking I just need a break but I only lasted 20 minutes before I just shut the game down and went to play something else. I came back after another few weeks off and took a look at the map and the score and I thought... yea whats the point. I really don't need AP and I sure don't need the frustration of endlessly being an under dog so yep logged out and left for another game.

You can always find the exceptions but that doesn't mean its not happening.

The answer is BG's! Specifically with Summerset, bg's are getting a HUGE update!

Me and some others on PC already quit cyro a campaign ago and have been just doing BG's only and we have been having a blast. With the new updates to BG's in summerset there is no reason to ever go back to cyrodil for a lot of us. It has just become too much about zerging, steamrolling offline maps, and its too hard to find a good even fight, were as in BG's almost every game ends up fun. I have had games against full premade pug stomping groups and came out ahead just because we played objectives. Once Summerset is here BG's will be base game, so you dont need to own the chapters to play it, There will be even more rewards via daily rewards, and to top it off Premades will be prioritized against premades, and pug groups will be prioritized to fight pug groups!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This line of thinking and alliance hopping at will has destroyed what was great about ESO PvP.
    Sad day.
  • LindsC
    LindsC
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

You think people that leave cos behind will come back cos Scoring is romived so they dont have an objective anymore? Nothing would be different to now. Those people could just start to not play for acore anymore, if they are behind

AP Farmers and small scalers dont care anyway and find fights even when in score behind. So nothing at all would change

WOW you have completely missed it... I'm not sure what to say other than just try to read it again, everyone else gets it.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of emperorship all together it was a never skillful achievement and it makes the game too zergy
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of emperorship all together it was a never skillful achievement and it makes the game too zergy

It is with out a doubt a reward for those who play 8+ hours a day every day... or those who work as groups logging in for each other. Ill never understand reward systems for people who live in these games, they are not the majority of the revenue base.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we should just give achievements for just logging on.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we should just give achievements for just logging on.

shhhh adults are talking.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW you have completely missed it... I'm not sure what to say other than just try to read it again, everyone else gets it.

no i didnt.

you said: people dont come back to camaigns if they are lost already. So that means people play to win
    If they cant win cos you remove scroing system, what are they playing for then?

People that dont play to win, but to farm AP or have fun dont care either way.