The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Patch Sorc - 5x Julianos, 5x Netchs, 1 iceheart?

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
Hi guys, I saw the build from Alcast for the new patch. Does anybody else think this will be a great setup to use? Or are there any different ideas?

Spell damage is the thing now then?
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still need time to find out :)
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found out that with enough SD shadow will be 1 on Magplars. If your class doesnt have any +crit damage then stacking SD seem to be better yeah. But to many bugs to traits atm to say for sure...
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    That's understandable :) I thought it probably is too early. I guess Alcast likes to put videos out right away before giving the time for dust to settle...

Cool, it's still a good idea, thanks for the feedback :) It's one of those things where I want to almost try to spend efficient time gathering stuff ready for the console release of the new patch...

We'll wait and see.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Information is obviously always based on current situation and what most of my guildies run. Can change anytime. It will most likely take a FULL PATCH to figure out the best setups again.

Target dummies are nice, but they do not really reflect a trial environment. And as most guilds in this game raid like 3 days per week and you should test your setup at least 3 times it will take a long time to find a super good setup.

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The setup I was going to go all out testing was 5x Julianos, 5x Netch's Touch, 1x Ilambris. I have a feeling this will at least be a great setup particularly on Magicka Sorc. Definitely worth a shot.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Information is obviously always based on current situation and what most of my guildies run. Can change anytime. It will most likely take a FULL PATCH to figure out the best setups again.

Target dummies are nice, but they do not really reflect a trial environment. And as most guilds in this game raid like 3 days per week and you should test your setup at least 3 times it will take a long time to find a super good setup.
    @Alcast

Something I keep on wondering is whether it is better to take the monster set 1x Spell Crit or 1x Max Magicka bonus.

As a Magicka Sorc it seems logical to stick to the 1-piece Max Magicka bonus but I notice many people are going for the 1-piece Spell Crit.

Have you noticed anything here with one bonus outperforming the other or is it situational and/or of totally minimal difference?
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Vaoh wrote: »

@Alcast

Something I keep on wondering is whether it is better to take the monster set 1x Spell Crit or 1x Max Magicka bonus.

As a Magicka Sorc it seems logical to stick to the 1-piece Max Magicka bonus but I notice many people are going for the 1-piece Spell Crit.

Have you noticed anything here with one bonus outperforming the other or is it situational and/or of totally minimal difference?

I am a crit guy so I prefer the extra crit. I just feel like 52% crit is a bit low and with the iceheart we at least hit like 56% crit. But in the end the difference is prolly below 1%

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alcast

I am a crit guy so I prefer the extra crit. I just feel like 52% crit is a bit low and with the iceheart we at least hit like 56% crit. But in the end the difference is prolly below 1%

Ah that makes sense, ty. I forgot how low critical chance starts to get without The Thief :/ Also more spell crit = better Warhorns

Still waiting for HotR to launch on console! :persevere:

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Alcast

Ah that makes sense, ty. I forgot how low critical chance starts to get without The Thief :/ Also more spell crit = better Warhorns

Still waiting for HotR to launch on console! :persevere:

Setups are still pretty vague, most of my guildies are still experimenting around with some gear choices. But for now it looks like if you play with a ton of shock abilities Netch, if a lot of fire abilities Burning Spellweave. Otherwise 5x Juli 4x Infa 1x Ice, x Kena or Monster set WITH a msa staff. Last setup might even slightly outperform but you need Infa Staff and MSA staff >.>

• shreek1
    shreek1
    ✭✭
    Now ZOS will nerf Julianos and Netch.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shreek1 wrote: »
    Now ZOS will nerf Julianos and Netch.

i hope not , this is the first time in 1 year that i can use all these motifs ...
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    anyone who has done a dps test with alcast guide? I'm missing 2 pieces of netch and I don't know if it's worth farming it.
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    now, with 1900 crit rate from 5 IA trait the good choice is 5 Juli + 5 IA + 1 monster or vMA staffs
    This 5 trait will be nerfed next patch but I dont think it will be nerfed too much. And now it like mother sorrow + IA, 2 sets in 1
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morvane wrote: »
    now, with 1900 crit rate from 5 IA trait the good choice is 5 Juli + 5 IA + 1 monster or vMA staffs
    This 5 trait will be nerfed next patch but I dont think it will be nerfed too much. And now it like mother sorrow + IA, 2 sets in 1

from what I've heard the crit will be completely removed
    PC | EU

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. IA had a spell crit bonus before on the 5th piece. It was 688. Logically they should buff it to 933 like all other sets. But since it's not a 1-4p this is not entirely sure. If the buff it to 833 then IA is well worth running as 5p on the front bar for the minor slayer and the buff to heavy attacks. If they completely remove it then it will be pretty much toast. I'm used to self sustain mostly so I do at least 2x HA every rotation so I would like the former to stick.
    Edited by Asardes on August 18, 2017 9:23PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by Liley on August 18, 2017 7:51PM
    PC | EU

• jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    if I have a mag sorc that I normally run at least one pet on both bars & a lot of shock skills is it worth running both necth's and Nero together, I can get the bonus from one full set and 4 of 5 on front bar and 5 of 5 of both on back bar if I run double destroy staffs?

*Also when comparing a mag sorc to a mag dk which do you guys think a. has a higher damage output consistency is always good in terms of dmg? B. has a better solo playing experience in both pvp & pve? C. is better for end game content, both solo & group?
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    if I have a mag sorc that I normally run at least one pet on both bars & a lot of shock skills is it worth running both necth's and Nero together, I can get the bonus from one full set and 4 of 5 on front bar and 5 of 5 of both on back bar if I run double destroy staffs?

*Also when comparing a mag sorc to a mag dk which do you guys think a. has a higher damage output consistency is always good in terms of dmg? B. has a better solo playing experience in both pvp & pve? C. is better for end game content, both solo & group?

Netch's Touch does nothing for pet damage, because spell power does nothing for pet damage.

That said, Julianos' 5-piece bonus is subject to the same objection.

As for your 4/5 part, is this meant to be now or after Summerset drops? It's unclear either way.