Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Check out Jewelry Crafting With this Preview & Guide"

• LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Question - are there no Jewelry furnishings?

On the Screenshot it looks like there is a button for Furnishing :)
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ooh, think of all the shinies we could make.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am wondering this too. On this video at 14:38, the interface mentions "sketches" which I think might be the name of the furnishing schematics for the jewelry skill, but they also said the interface wasn't in its final form.

Also, if it's possible to craft jewelry furnishings, what's the related material and where to find it? Is it also necessary to refine it from dust?
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • drunkenspidey
    drunkenspidey
    ✭✭✭
    In the article, it is stated that copper is going to be type of base material for jewelry, but copper already exists in the game as a style material for Barbaric style. It will be very confusing if two different materials use the same name. So, is the original copper style material going to be renamed? @ZOS_GinaBruno

From article:
    Levels 1-25 Pewter
    Levels 26-50 Copper
    Champion Level 10-60 Silver
    Champion Level 70-140 Electrum
    Champion Level 150-160 Platinum
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting is great but there is way too much grinding involved here... can't understand why to be honest.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno How many Skill Points do I have to save for the new Jewelry Skill Line? 20? How many?

Besides that, confirmed that (unfortunately) there will be no Hireling? :disappointed:

Edit... Additional doubt... Will there be "raw" upgrade materials? it is?
    Edited by joaaocaampos on April 11, 2018 11:10PM
  • Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭
    In the article, it is stated that copper is going to be type of base material for jewelry, but copper already exists in the game as a style material for Barbaric style.

I would have to agree with @drunkenspidey here, That could lead to some issues with some more, well unsavory players. Akin to the old days of Citrine and Alloys (almost anyway) the Barbaric style material would 100% need to be renamed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom something to look into
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hot take :

Things That Are Good
    • Jewelrycrafting existing at all, obviously
    • new traits seem cool
    • great to involve a diverse set of playstyles

Things That Can Maybe Be Improved
    • research time looks too long
    • no mention of hireling mails
    • we should be able to deconstruct pre-Summerset jewelry
    • everything is too grindy
      • like are we really only going to get one unrefined trait material per deconstructed jewelry piece?
        • really really??
          • I don't like it

But I'll get into more detail on all that once PTS is up and we've actually had a chance to test things, these are all just initial reactions. Either way, looks like an exciting system overall!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bright Stars, but that sounds so tedious. Everything only comes in dust or pieces and MUST be refined?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    My hot take :

Things That Are Good
    • Jewelrycrafting existing at all, obviously
    • new traits seem cool I didn't really like the trait that increases Physical and Spell Resistance. I don't know. I'm missing Divines, Training etc.
    • great to involve a diverse set of playstyles

Things That Can Maybe Be Improved
    • research time looks too long Yeah! If there is no "allows the research of three items at once", the research reduction should be much higher: Reduces research times by 50%, limits research time to 15 days.
    • no mention of hireling mails This!
    • we should be able to deconstruct pre-Summerset jewelry No. I agree with Zenimax's decision. Without this to store jewelry now to deconstruct later.
    • everything is too grindy Yeah... :disappointed:
      • like are we really only going to get one unrefined trait material per deconstructed jewelry piece?
        • really really??
          • I don't like it

But I'll get into more detail on all that once PTS is up and we've actually had a chance to test things, these are all just initial reactions. Either way, looks like an exciting system overall!

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Lord wrote: »
    Thanks for this comprehensive guide.
    Jewelry Crafting seems very nice feature, but I don't like the following:
    "You are not able to use a Jewelry Crafting Station if you do not own the new Chapter. This includes Jewelry Crafting stations purchased from Master Writ Merchants and placed in player homes (including your own). "

Exclusivity is fine but this is a bit too much.
    Please consider allowing the usage of Jewelry crafting stations located inside players home/s even if the player doesn't own Summerset.

People already do most of their crafting in homes and guild halls. If they exempted homes, then jewelry crafting might as well be a base game feature because that'd be a loophole the size of Mount Everest.

Which it likely will become anyway when the 2019 chapter launches. So you could just wait, I suppose.

I bet they're wishing they put Transmutation in a 'Chapter' RN xD
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose jewelry with infused trait from psijic rifts will be boe and thus we can buy it from those who get it?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Looks really nice. Glad I saved some of those research scrolls from my crates.

Crown/crate research scrolls P2W threads inbound ;)
    brace yourselves xD.
    Oh yeah... I am in a good mood for some trol... debating today. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    "Note: You can only deconstruct jewelry acquired after the release of ESO: Summerset."

While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    "You are not able to use a Jewelry Crafting Station if you do not own the new Chapter. This includes Jewelry Crafting stations purchased from Master Writ Merchants and placed in player homes (including your own). "

I REALLY dont like the sound of that, this HEAVILY devalues guild halls... and sense we dont have guild banker/store Npcs their is not much of a reason to go there except to craft, and now even that is taking a hit....

also will we be getting a Large item limit increase for housing so we can actually fit all these new attuned stations into our houses? or getting an additional services category with a similar limit as the normal item limit?

the item limit for housing has been patheticly small sense day 1... it needs to be tripled.
    Edited by Smith4HirePmMe2Order on April 14, 2018 8:00PM
    Quality of life changes that desperately need to happen in order make ESO Better for everyone!
    Forget new content for awhile & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game.
    1: Change the ESO+ Housing item limit from 2x to 3x. (preferably 4x)
    2: Add a working Exit wayshrine item for housing.
    (Needs to be added as a special achievement item for finding all wayshrines in the game, & should use the same slots & operate the exit shrines in cyro, where you cant port to them but you can use them to leave the house and go anywhere u want)
    3: Add a GUILD Banker & Store NPC for housing.
    (willing to pay 5k crowns if it does both Or 2.5k crowns each if they split them and have 2 Npcs(1 for each banker/store))
    4: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    (willing to pay 2.5k crowns for each board+1k crowns per Drop off box=11k total crowns
    5: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones IN HALF, and refund the difference in crowns to the few people who have already bought them.
    (If Zo$ was my dog, ied roll up a news paper and smack you in the nose repeatedly for this. 4k per stone x13 stones? what were you thinking?!!
    6: Multi Attuneable crafting stations. (this one change will solve so many issues with item limits. Make it so you have to 'feed' existing attuned tables to the new station to unlock its drop down effects. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
    7: Change the amount of transmutation gems needed to change a trait from 50 to 10, Increase the drop rates of all Geode sources by 10x.
    8: Release more crafting recipes in the game for housing, Dark elf bed of coals/Outdoor and indoor fires/Orcish Column Brazier/Imperial Forge/Beehives/Grape vinyards/smaller greenhouse than the one currently ingame (half the size), We know they are already in the game. These were on the original housing PTS then like 60% of the good stuff disappeared when housing hit the live server.
    9: ESO+ life time membership option.
    10: Permanent craft bag unlock for crowns.
    11: REMOVE BIND ON PICKUP FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT QUEST ITEMS! PLZ ABOLISH THIS TRASH RESTRICTION!!! Change all current non quest BOP items to BOE. PvPers don't like being forced to run pve for gear, and pve-ers don't like being forced to run pvp for their gear either. The solution is so simple let people run the content they like and trade their drops on the open market..
    12: Add New Fishing rods that you can unlock with bonuses for catching rate fish. spending 6 hours trying to get ONE blue fish using all of the buffs currently available is cancer, especially when you have to do this for 12 fish per zone times 40+ zones. In-fact just overhaul fishing totally and make it like Farcry 5 where you KNOW exactly which holes and locations the each of the rares will spawn. Make the T2 bait ACTUALLY & NOTICEABLY WORK, and combine it with better rods & better fishing related food buff so we can just reel in the rare fish like crazy. Even with all that its still gonna take a week or more of grinding to get all the fish, but thats better than a LITERAL FREAKING YEAR of fishing just for a housing boat item that doesn't even do anything...
    13: Playable Games inside houses (basically just make all the decorative game furnishings actually intractable so we can play against other players. This would give a nice bump to housing utility and community building, RPers would also probably appreciate this).
    14: A 'Port to Guild House' Option on the main guild page.
    15: Add Functional Things to housing/guild halls that your guild can contribute to unlock as a group effort. An example of stuff would be like a 5% damage buff during overland content for all guild members, or buffs for dungeons/trails. Another example would be unlock tokens for people with super hard to get achievements like someone with the grand master fisher, they could donate a token to the guild that unlocks usable fishing plots inside the guild that the GM/House owner could place down. This would then let people travel to the guild hall and collect a Daily account Limit from housing harvesting nodes. Nothing crazy that would break the economy, just like 30 or so resources from each daily harvest able nodes for each of the skills. It would be even better if they were special enhanced versions of the normal ore/wood etc. that gave a refining bonus for tempers like double the chance to get tempers. (double the chance to get tempers on such a small amount of resources wouldn't actually make a big impact on economy, but the COOL factor would be off the charts so i see no reason why this couldn't be done).
    16: Solo Dungeons, Much like solo trials this would be a 1 person equivalent of a 4 person dungeon. It would be even cooler if you could have your new companion NPC come with you on these, but we will have to see how good that companion system is first.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. Not only the whole skill line is behind a paywall, but also you can only research one trait at a time?!

Sorry but I can only see this as an obvious chore to passively force you into spending on "convinience" CS items... How "convinient".
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I REALLY dont like the sound of that, this HEAVILY devalues guild halls... and sense we dont have guild banker/store Npcs their is not much of a reason to go there except to craft, and now even that is taking a hit....

also will we be getting a Large item limit increase for housing so we can actually fit all these new attuned stations into our houses? or getting an additional services category with a similar limit as the normal item limit?

the item limit for housing has been patheticly small sense day 1... it needs to be tripled.

While I agree that adding additional jewelry crafting stations for all the sets will take up a large number of slots, I don't agree that limiting jewelry stations to those who own the chapter devalues guild halls. People are still going to go there to craft things, even if there's only the original 3 stations per set or even if they can't use the new jewelry crafting stations if they are there. I don't think the CURRENT functionality is taking a hit at all - it'll still have the same functionality and value as before.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Ooh, think of all the shinies we could make.

Good news, JC will have exclusive furnishings and also be part of new furnishings (eg if a table has lots of fiddly little gold inlay, some JC skill will be needed to craft it). There will be scrimshaw boxes and silver figurines, as shown in the recent ESO Live, that are purely for JC.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does chromium only drop from deconing gold jewelry or can it be acquired by other means?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does chromium only drop from deconing gold jewelry or can it be acquired by other means?

Refining raw mats will drop them at the rate of 5% per refinement; i.e., you'll get one grain per 200 raw dust, approximately. Note that this requires your decon/refinement passive to be maxed; the drop rate from refinement is 0 if this passive is not maxed (which is why it's always a good idea to refine as little as possible until you have a character that has this passive).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch