Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Check out Jewelry Crafting With this Preview & Guide"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Check out Jewelry Crafting With this Preview & Guide. Learn everything you need to know about the new Jewelry Crafting Skill Line (including the six new Traits) in this article and guide.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No jewelry hirelings? :(
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this comprehensive guide.
    Jewelry Crafting seems like a very nice feature, but I don't like the following:
    "You are not able to use a Jewelry Crafting Station if you do not own the new Chapter. This includes Jewelry Crafting stations purchased from Master Writ Merchants and placed in player homes (including your own). "

Exclusivity is fine but this is a bit too much.
    Please consider allowing the usage of Jewelry crafting stations located inside players home/s even if the player doesn't own Summerset.
    Edited by Universe on April 11, 2018 6:12PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good that there will be a tooltip saying which items can be deconstructed. This way we won't have people trying to pass off jewelry that can't be deconstructed as if it could be. Well less people try that, folks will still have to pay attention.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    Jewelry Crafting seems very nice feature, but I don't like the following:
    "You are not able to use a Jewelry Crafting Station if you do not own the new Chapter. This includes Jewelry Crafting stations purchased from Master Writ Merchants and placed in player homes (including your own). "

Please consider allowing the usage of Jewelry crafting stations located inside players home/s even if the player doesn't own Summerset.

People already do most of their crafting in homes and guild halls. If they exempted homes, then jewelry crafting might as well be a base game feature because that'd be a loophole the size of Mount Everest.

Which it likely will become anyway when the 2019 chapter launches. So you could just wait, I suppose.
    Edited by code65536 on April 11, 2018 6:07PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will there be less blacksmithing nodes as seams replace some of their spawning points? Or do seams just use the same spawn points but the amount of both stays the same?

(I'm not just asking so I know whether or not to jack up the price of ores, I promise.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 11, 2018 6:26PM
  • timb16_ESO85
    timb16_ESO85
    ✭✭✭✭

In order to upgrade rings and necklaces, crafted or looted, you need to use a Jewelry Crafting Station and have the required materials.

Fine (Green) Quality – Terne
    Superior (Blue) Quality – Iridium
    Epic (Purple) Quality – Zircon
    Legendary (Gold) Quality – Chromium

You can acquire upgrade materials by refining Dust (the Jewelry Crafting base material) into Ounces. When refining Dust, you have a chance to acquire Grains of the different upgrade materials. You must refine 10 Grains in order to acquire a Bar, and you can use Bars to upgrade your necklaces and rings at a Jewelry Crafting Station.

You can also acquire Grains by deconstructing jewelry of the same quality.

It takes considerable effort to collect the resources required to upgrade your Jewelry Crafting Skill Lines, keeping high-quality jewelry a rare and valuable commodity.

So is it one bar (10 grains) for the gold upgrade, or 8 bars(like other crafting skills, thus 80 grains) per upgrade. Really hoping either the first option, or the grains not being as rare as all the other gold upgrade materials.
    Edited by timb16_ESO85 on April 11, 2018 6:24PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon Triune only from completing main chapter quests... That's so mean.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Jewelry Crafting seems very nice feature, but I don't like the following:

People already do most of their crafting in homes and guild halls. If they exempted homes, then jewelry crafting might as well be a base game feature because that'd be a loophole the size of Mount Everest.

Which it likely will become anyway when the 2019 chapter launches. So you could just wait, I suppose.

I bought Summerset Digital Collector’s Edition Upgrade so I don't have to wait until 2019.
    But I'm kind of sad that all other players who don't own the chapter will not have access to this basic crafting skill line through other means.
    This skill line is extremely useful for crafting sets for PVP/PVE and without access to it they will be forced to buy the jewelry from players who own Summerset.
    If Jewelry Crafting was like Transmutation Station it would have allowed access to players who don't own Summerset.
    This type of access could prevent total monopoly over the jewelry market by players who own Summerset.
    I can understand that it may create a loophole but in it's current state, Jewelry crafting will be too exclusive.
    I believe a change to it's exclusivity is needed(maybe not same as I suggested, but still).
    Edited by Universe on April 11, 2018 6:42PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Hey, its better than the nirnhoned rewards from Craglorn.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

It sounds like it's supposed to be the Nirnhoned of the traits in terms of difficulty to research. At least they give us a ring and a necklace instead of just one?

Guess I'll have to hunt on PTS for the best seam farming loops so I can get the leveling grind out of the way. Although I imagine everyone and their brother will be hunting for them in the first couple of weeks. <.<
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    The golden in Cyrodiils probably need a price reduce since players can make gold jewelry off crafting. Getting gold will be expensive for a month and then it will be around temps price to kuta level of price.
    Edited by sneakymitchell on April 11, 2018 6:35PM
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be research scrolls that reduce the time for a trait-research? Like there are to the other crafting skillines?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really nice. Glad I saved some of those research scrolls from my crates.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that doesn't seem clear from the guide: Will we need to research all 9 traits on both Necklaces and Rings independently, meaning a total of 18 researched traits in time spent? Or will researching 1 trait for jewelry count for both a necklace and a ring and only require us to spend the time to research 9 traits?
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did i read that right?
    I need to refine ~200 dust to gain one Chromium Grain. Than i need 10 Grains to refine into one Bar. And than i need 8 Bars to upgrade one item? And the trait mats need to be refined aswell?

That sounds like hell of a chore.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    One thing that doesn't seem clear from the guide: Will we need to research all 9 traits on both Necklaces and Rings independently, meaning a total of 18 researched traits in time spent? Or will researching 1 trait for jewelry count for both a necklace and a ring and only require us to spend the time to research 9 traits?

Based on the picture showing the research window (with ring and necklace having different icons) and the bit about "You cannot research a Trait for a ring and a Trait for a necklace simultaneously," it looks like they're separate and you'll need to research 18 total things.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wtb golden jewel mats, a lot./w me ingame. :trollface:
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fun grind. Cool.
    PC-NA
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    wow, they're really going for the grind and to make the game virtually unplayable without the craft bag
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Looks really nice. Glad I saved some of those research scrolls from my crates.

Crown/crate research scrolls P2W threads inbound ;)
    brace yourselves xD.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one hell of a grind lol
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can finally retrait all of my Healthy Elf Bane jewelry to the proper Arcane trait it has always needed to be.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS has introduced a new business model. P2G = Pay To Grind
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Holy Molag-Bals, even deconning post-chapter jewelry will only drop 1/10 raw trait and upgrade mats. You think I won't stock up a surplus, ZOS? Oh, I will. I have a craft bag and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Edited by driosketch on April 11, 2018 7:21PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift

Trait effect: Increases Movement Speed

Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Swift Trait have a rare chance to be awarded when completing normal Jewelry
    Crating Writs.

Trait Material: Gilding Wax. Purchased from Master Writ Merchants for Writ Vouchers.
    Typo
    Edited by Ley on April 11, 2018 7:50PM
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    unknown.png

Not sure if I did my math right, but if the crafting passives are the same strength as the blacksmithing/clothier/woodworking ones, this is what the research times will look like.

I suggest researching traits you want for transmute on alts to get those all very quickly. Then focus on getting one character to six traits. With the voucher scrolls and diligent research it should only take 10-11 days. Most nine trait sets are not useful right now so even though that takes 142 days without scrolls it's not the end of the world.

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I can finally retrait all of my Healthy Elf Bane jewelry to the proper Arcane trait it has always needed to be.

And I can finally drop that worthless arcane trait for Infused on my prisoner's rags rings. Bada Bling!
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant wait to test this out. when does the pts go live?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question - are there no Jewelry furnishings?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting seems like a very nice feature, but I don't like the following:

That wouldn't make much sense, would it?
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030