The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Collecting together all the proposals for revitalizing Cyrodiil

• Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Or just something stupidly crazy, like an emp having a single-use ability that can be used to wipe every enemy within the keep radius, at the cost of being immediately deposed.

Lol. There is NO chance I wouldn't use that almost immediately. That'd be too hilarious.
    Edited by Kaeriz on November 1, 2017 1:47PM
    Options
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    With IC, I personally feel that IC needs to revamp Molag Bal. The rewards that Molag Bal gives is terrible. Killing flag bosses gives us better rewards than Molag Bal, so why waste time in the middle. Ramp up the drop rates of the skin and pet, and perhaps, make them even sellable. Everybody needs money in ESO. Possibly one way to make Sewers Better. I also feel that sewers are a bit too big for 3 factions. If we are aiming at small scale, make sewers smaller.
    Options
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Emp buff scaling with keeps is a great idea. Perhaps the buff should also scale with objectives like towns and more (Still 2-3 towns left I think other than Bruma, Crops and Vlast) will envolve more group play.
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things...

1. Option for a rogue faction (Perhaps only the 'small' objectives suggested in a previous post would be allowed to be captured

2. A Bounty system on specific named targets e.g. 20minutes to hunt @Name for another reward. This could be randomly assigned, time based or whatever suits the environment of pvp at the time. Note that this target would be automatically engaged to SINGLE combat if attacked, and his alliance would not be able to interefere, thus allowing solo PvPers to have some form of PvP in cyrodiil again

3. Alongside the single feel, areas of Cyrodiil with 'capped combat' e.g. Player X can only be attacked by a maximum of 4 players (Small group size) in the area of (Town). Further players would have to enter combat after a cooldown, or attack another person not currently in combat.

Note that I can't see any PvP revitalising ever happening, and am posting for the fun and spirit of seeing other ideas. I honestly believe there isn't even a decimal percentage chance that this thread is even ever read
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t expect any significant revision to Cyrodiil. Largely, my hope is that the small footprint suggestions will receive some consideration from ZOS. Similar to the above, I kinda enjoy the fun community vision for pvp gameplay, hence a portion of my effort.

FWIW, @ZOS_GinaBruno did say several devs had seen this thread. Just wish there was some small interaction with it.
    Options
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaeriz wrote: »
    I don’t expect any significant revision to Cyrodiil. Largely, my hope is that the small footprint suggestions will receive some consideration from ZOS. Similar to the above, I kinda enjoy the fun community vision for pvp gameplay, hence a portion of my effort.

FWIW, @ZOS_GinaBruno did say several devs had seen this thread. Just wish there was some small interaction with it.

Well I am sure the devs are currently dealing with “stuff” that may come out “soon.” But you are right, a little feedback and conversation would be appreciated.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has a nice collection of ideas. Even if a fraction of them were implemented it would make things significantly more enjoyable.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    Need to de emphasize the inner ring. Not completely... Possibly change things so the inner keeps strength is determine by number of keeps and resources still owned by each alliance...If all home keeps are owned then the HP on the inner loop is sooo high a zerg might take an hour to take one down. But for every resource or keep taken outside the inner ring the HP lowers on the inner ring keeps owned... Need more meaningful objectives outside of becoming emperor. When I 1st started playing Cyrodil seemed rather large. In reality it is quite a small place. Spread the keeps out some. More distance between alliances. with a more realistic supply chain system. Needs to much easier to defend home keeps and much harder for enemies to maintain an attack. More meaningful support objectives for smaller groups...
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Koolio on January 3, 2018 2:52AM
    Options
  • Maxhell
    Maxhell
    Soul Shriven
    I have a simple suggestion.

Created a new physical dedicated server exclusively for Cyrodill
    Since we wait for a queue to join Cyrodill, that time could be used to move our data to the dedicated server.
    Wayshrines should be removed and a button to "Leave Cyrodill" can be implemented in the campaign list menu.

If it helps in any way, i would like to see the "black ninja bug" turned into a toggle feature, to hide other players textures to reduce loading issues in cyrodill. It won't hit the flow of pvp at all since we can see their weapons, skills, and animations as well.
    Options
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    The problem isn't Cyrodill - because it's cool.

The problem is the flash gordon on crack with stackable heal/shield/whatever pvp turning Cyrodill into a chaotic mess of flashing health bars undecided on going up or down..
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on January 23, 2018 2:35PM
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concerning; "VI. Increasing interest in PVP for PVErs" @zyk his suggestion is very important imo.

A lot of the time I see groups in all factions (usually the organised groups) just running around farming people who arent organised I mean yeah sure if you're unprepared you'll lose but I think people should just PLAY the campaign and try to beat the other factions through keeps and points, it would motivate others to do the same to be honest when they see how well the organised groups run things. Encourage others to do the same and then we'll have proper fights.

I mean seriously, if the only enjoyment you can find in cyrodil now is running in a raid zerging uncoordinated players then you really should take a break and do something else for a bit because as stated, its incredibly toxic and boring for a lot of people even those of us who have been playing for years. I actually cringe when I see it happen. Feel horrible for new players at the same time. If thats alls you're doing anymore, why do you even bother playing anymore if you basically have no goal other than too cackle while you mow down inexperienced players?

Id like too add too this if I may in continuation of the idea of creating a much fairer enviroment;

Faction Jumping;

This is an enormous problem on EU vivec, some actually try to push back against the notion of it but a majority of us in EP know its happening. Its obvious and hilarious at the same time when you see blues suddenly dominating when yellows seem to be somewhat AFK then you see the same vice versa Ive heard its happening on NA too though I do not know which factions are doing it there either.

This needs to stop. It completely derails the entire point of the campaigns and makes having a goal for anything in pvp other than zerging people and build optimization almost the only things that people do now. We need the campaigns too matter again, we need the objective of winning the campaign for your faction too matter. if there is no reason too fight for the factions we started with in beta then there is no reason too have cyrodil as a faction based pvp area anymore. Clearly they wont remove factions (it would be impossible at this point) so the only other thing that can be done is faction locked campaigns.

This thread does a good job of explaining the basic idea of it anyway as that suggestion is on going; Perhaps add it too this thread?

OL; https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390643/how-about-that-1-account-locked-campaign#latest

Just a note; I am fully aware some in EP do this as well, this is not inherently a problem with DC or AD, its a problem with the entirety of PvP right now. However at least on vivec, AD/DC seem to do it the most. We always seem to have the same numbers as we always have for the last few years in pvp so its not entirely clear how much of EP do this as well. As wish too see the problem dealt with id appreciate it if some NA players might respond to my post too clarify if its actually happening on NA too so we know if its a EU issue or both.

And no this is not a "conspiracy" but a long term observation. We know most of it is accurate as well "people talk" no matter what faction you're in and as we are smaller than pve word travels much faster here.

Finally;

SCRIPTERS AND MACRO USERS

I cannot understate how much of a problem this is, its basically cheating and creating a very unfair and toxic environment for most honest players. Running around killing people with multiple abilities with a single second and getting too places without actually exploiting glitches but using things like streak abnormally (through script). This needs to stop and ZoS needs to come down much harder on these people, they need to know its not okay. Because if you think about it, with the above mentioned issues, what do you think new players will do when they realise they can just script and such without any repercussions?

Anyway thats it, I dont expect everyone too agree with what I have said but its there nonetheless. I only hope our little community improves and gets better beyond what it is now.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on January 23, 2018 10:38PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently Cyrodiil is a glorified Tower Defense game with the whole pop concentrated in one or two areas. Leaves the rest of the map unused.

Need Meaningful objectives away from keeps that contribute to the campaign. They also need to be valuable enough to give players incentive to spread out. This would give small groups more to do and promote skirmishing all over the map. While your at it Move Bruma such it's not as strategically advantageous. You could spit on DC from Bruma.

Remove IC pop from Cyrodiil pop, unless IC actually contributes to the campaign.

While forward camps are more balanced than they used to be I think they still need to be greatly restricted, better yet, done away with.

IMO just these changes would greatly improve the overall sandbox PvP experience.
    Options