Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlegrounds for All & Morrowind Moving to Crown Store"

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly didn't read but a few replies as I already know what most will be comprised of, posts of complaints from those who feel cheated, posts of praise for the health of the game, etc etc.

This isn't my first rodeo. This played out exactly as I foresaw when they switched to "chapters" and morrowind was announced.

1st year full price(overpriced), everyone pays cold cash.
    2/3 months later content is discounted.
    1 year later fee for subscribers as it is now in the crown store and can be bought with crowns as new expansion is released.

Rinse and repeat.

This is how most if not all the MMO's I've played work as it is a very common business model. ESO is just getting in step with what many have been doing for years already. Daily rewards for logging in are another example of being late to the party with last years fashion on.

Hopefully they'll continue to look at other successful MMO's and utilize more of their successful working designs, like maybe balancing the game separately and creating an all new instance/zone built entirely with fly mounts in mind(new/updated engine most likely required), like a PvE sized cyro or Worthgard.....hint hint rub rub....

Anyways I knew this was the road they were taking, and I also knew I was NOT going to wait an entire year to gain "full" sub perks just to finally start on one of my favorite elementos, an Ice mage.

I'm not sursprised nor upset as I tend to stay on middle ground. My strat is wait, pay a reduced price, temporarily cancel sub to cover reduced price, cancelled sub fee covers new chapter. It's not the cost of a "chapter" that makes my buy at a reduced rate, it's how they slyly moved the goal post to shortchange subbers that bugs me.

As their business model evolves so shall I adapt my spending habits. Win win for me.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Vulture051
    Vulture051
    ✭✭✭
    So I basically paid $50 for early access? Well, there goes my reason to buy Summerset. I'll just wait a year and sub for a month, I mean Morrowind and its dlc only took a few days to complete anyway, even as a casual, and Summerset just brings a new profession.
    Are you hurting for money Zeni? Like you need it right now? I ask because this seems really shortsighted. There are going to be a lot of people, including myself, that are just going to wait now.
    (and even if you split it up like you will for Morrowind and Wardens we lose nothing. Most of the playerbase is already 160+ and geared so not getting to make jewellery to wear isn't a loss)
    Sevn wrote: »
    This is how most if not all the MMO's I've played work as it is a very common business model.
    What MMOs have you been playing man? Are you talking about WoW? That's the only one I've heard of doing that and their expansions are well, actual expansions not a zone. +Blizz never pretended they wouldn't fold the old one in when they bring out a new one.
    Edited by Vulture051 on April 9, 2018 12:48AM
    3 new classes. 3 new spellcasters. Zenimax has forgotten how to make melee classes.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Screwed over again. Re-thinking buying Summerset now.

Please lose the concept of chapters.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    So, I haven't seen the one question I have:. If you already bought Morrowind, is the Warden class automatically applied to your account? I am a plus subscriber, but not everyone is. Not even sure if the class comes with ESO plus, for that matter.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stickbow wrote: »
    So, I haven't seen the one question I have:. If you already bought Morrowind, is the Warden class automatically applied to your account? I am a plus subscriber, but not everyone is. Not even sure if the class comes with ESO plus, for that matter.

One would assume the answer is: If you have already purchased Morrowind, you will get Vvardenfell, Warden, and Battlegrounds. Unfortunately, they have not said that.

The Warden class does not come with ESO Plus.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    One would assume, but they have not stated it, so assuming it could be wrong. That's why I asked. Hope this either gets an official reply or clarification on the announcement and/or any FAQs.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you bought the Morrowind Chapter, you bought Vvardenfell, Warden class and Battlegrounds. You should be able to create a Warden in Character Creation.

If you did not buy the Morrowind Chapter but do have ESO+, you will soon have access to Battlegrounds as a base game update and Vvardenfell as a DLC. You will not have Wardens, that will have to be purchased as an upgrade.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭

If you bought the Morrowind Chapter, you bought Vvardenfell, Warden class and Battlegrounds. You should be able to create a Warden in Character Creation.

If you did not buy the Morrowind Chapter but do have ESO+, you will soon have access to Battlegrounds as a base game update and Vvardenfell as a DLC. You will not have Wardens, that will have to be purchased as an upgrade.

Thanks for replying - can you tell me where you have read this as a clearly stated answer -- right now it's an assumption that "I/We should be able to". All we know for sure is it will be purchasable in the store.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for replying - can you tell me where you have read this as a clearly stated answer -- right now it's an assumption that "I/We should be able to". All we know for sure is it will be purchasable in the store.

As to the first, I bought Morrowind Chapter. I have Vvardenfell, Battlegrounds, and the Warden Class. I've created a Warden character.

As to the second, well, here's the article this thread references: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26355?Coming-Soon:-Battlegrounds-for-All-&-Morrowind-Moving-to-Crown-Store-&-ESO-Plus!

Particlar quotes of importance:
    "With this in mind, in order to provide more options for The Elder Scrolls Online's community, we're opening PvP Battlegrounds access to all ESO players and updating how you can acquire Morrowind content and its different features. Soon, the Morrowind zone and story content will be available for purchase in the Crown Store and be accessible to all ESO Plus members. In addition to this, the Warden Class will be available separately in the Crown Store as an Upgrade. All these changes will occur when ESO: Summerset and Update 18 comes to Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on June 5, and PC/Mac on May 21."
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, that is exactly what I've read too, and what this entire long thread is about.

<edited to add> I have a Warden, bought the DLC as a pre-order, am an ESO plus subscriber <end edit>

Thus the question: Where does it say that those who already own Morrowind (and have access to the Warden class) will have the Warden upgrade as part of the new change? They usually include something about what those of us who already bought something will have -- see the Tamriel One announcement, for example.

There is no clear explanation of that here.
    Edited by Stickbow on April 9, 2018 11:17PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that is exactly what I've read too, and what this entire long thread is about.

Thus the question: Where does it say that those who already own Morrowind (and have access to the Warden class) will have the Warden upgrade as part of the new change? They usually include something about what those of us who already bought something will have -- see the Tamriel One announcement, for example.

There is no clear explanation of that here.

They aren't taking away anything we own. If we own Morrowind Chapter, we own the Warden Class.

There's this quote about acquiring the Warden class: "If you're interested in just the Warden Class, you'll be able acquire it separately without needing to own Morrowind. When ESO: Summerset and Update 18 launch, you will be able to find the Warden Class under the Upgrades section of the in-game Crown Store. Once acquired, you'll be able to create a new Warden character!"

I already own the Warden class, so obviously I won't need to purchase an upgrade. I already bought Warden as part of the chapter.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the chapter that isn't a chapter any more, but is now DLC >:) (evil grin).

Honestly, that's why I am not willing to take anything for granted - and why I'm asking for official clarification on it.
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    (Bedtime hit and my son fell asleep on my arm before I posted. Nothing I said was new. Carry on...)
    Edited by Anthony_Arndt on April 9, 2018 11:27PM
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Rachaelphoto
    Rachaelphoto
    ✭✭
    Well I have always been a patient gamer, only just brought Witcher Wild Hunt this year, so I now have to wait a year to play Summerset. NP I can do that.
  • tomaz136
    tomaz136
    Soul Shriven
    How log wil be maintance ?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

This is correct. If you already own Morrowind, nothing is changing - you can create a Warden whenever you'd like. The way you can purchase everything only affects those who don't currently own Morrowind and purchase it after we launch Update 18.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is correct. If you already own Morrowind, nothing is changing - you can create a Warden whenever you'd like. The way you can purchase everything only affects those who don't currently own Morrowind and purchase it after we launch Update 18.

@Stickbow, here's your answer! Straight from the devs! Thanks, @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭

@Stickbow, here's your answer! Straight from the devs! Thanks, @ZOS_GinaBruno

Yep, thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno !
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler must be so excited that battlegrounds are becoming base-game.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for confirming that. I figured as much, but was not sure how that was going to work.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KILLING4ALIVING
    KILLING4ALIVING
    ✭✭✭
    So basically you are saying I wasted my money buying Morrowind?And I wasted it again when I pre-purchased Summerset? Or do those of us that spent $60 USD, on Morrowind get our money back, or at least $60 worth of crowns to make for the fact we bought something you are now giving away?
    I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically you are saying I wasted my money buying Morrowind?And I wasted it again when I pre-purchased Summerset? Or do those of us that spent $60 USD, on Morrowind get our money back, or at least $60 worth of crowns to make for the fact we bought something you are now giving away?

You've been playing it for the past 12 months, haven't you? That's what you paid for.

Again, I'll refer you to how product prices will change over time. You don't see us complaining that the original Morrowind game we bought for 50$ 15+ years ago can now be add for 5-10$ if you look around...

You paid the price X to use product Y at a Z point in time. You cannot compare that to paying XX to use product Y at a ZZ point in time.
  • CalicoJack6
    CalicoJack6
    Soul Shriven
    Removed
    Edited by CalicoJack6 on January 25, 2020 4:44PM
This discussion has been closed.