Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best trait to put on SPC resto staff?

Ragged_Claw
Ragged_Claw
✭✭✭✭✭
I need to use up some transmute crystals, but don't want to waste them. My SPC resto is sharpened, is it worth changing to charged or something? My other set is Healer's Habit and a Troll King shoulder if that makes any difference.
PC EU & NA
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, If you are a templar, drop healers habit, you have the same buff from rune focus and cleansing ritual.

Second, in order of use, infused, powered, precise, defending.

If you used infused, put either absorb magic or a crusher echant, if you don't use infused, put absorb or weakening. The reasoning is the tank ought to have an infused crusher and if you don't have a infused, your lower value armor reduction will override the tanks, resulting in lower dps.

I personally use an infused absorb magic enchant, I get about 150 regen from it. Worth it to me.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 7, 2018 12:39PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming you are just healing 4 man dungeons or normal trials in that gear since Healer Habit is not one of the sets a serious trial healer would wear.

But Powered is a good trait if doing pure healing. If doing healing and damage I would suggest crit since it benefits both.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Powered, Defending, Nirnhoned and Infused are all good options, and arguments can be made for all of them.

Powered is going to amp up your heals that much more, Nirnhoned does the same thing, but to a lesser extent.
    Defending is going to make you that little bit more durable in fights
    Infused makes a weapon damage reduction glyph that much more potent, redicing overall boss damage output if you can keep it up.

Honestly, if you are not sure, go with Defending. It's always going to be useful.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very much, I don't usually heal so I'm a bit lost, I'm more used to setting things on fire. I am a templar so any suggestions for sets instead of Healer's Habit?
    PC EU & NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I typically go with Powered on my resto staffs. I don't like Defending because:
    • It's (almost) useless except in emergencies.
    • In emergencies, I want all the healing output I can get.
    • In emergencies, I'm likely to cast Healing Ward, and if there's a bubble on me Defending is (almost) useless.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very much, I don't usually heal so I'm a bit lost, I'm more used to setting things on fire. I am a templar so any suggestions for sets instead of Healer's Habit?

do you have spc jewelry? do you run dungoens?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decisive is usually the best front bar trait for healing. You want to have something that gives support and more ulti mean more warhorns. Infused can be good as well with the right glyph. Everything else is pretty much useless because stronger heals really don't matter and a healer can very easily get tanky without defending.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Decisive is usually the best front bar trait for healing. You want to have something that gives support and more ulti mean more warhorns. Infused can be good as well with the right glyph. Everything else is pretty much useless because stronger heals really don't matter and a healer can very easily get tanky without defending.

Decisive trait is garbage. with just base ulti regen, which a healer would have as they have no other ulti regen, you only get .4 more ulti a second. that is only around 12% more ulti regen. which brings down the time to get 240 for warhorn from 80 seconds to 70. or on any other class that is not sorc, 83 seconds to 73.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393914/is-decisive-trait-worthwhile-tays-ultimate-generation-simulator
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes got the jewellery (not gold tho). She's run a couple of vet dungeons OK but I'm avoiding them until I get more practice and need to get warhorn too. Not sure I would heal trials, seems like too much responsibility :smiley: My main is DPS so this healing malarky is all quite new to me.
    PC EU & NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the flood of transmutation crystals in the event, this a timely thread, at least for me.

I transmuted a Molag Kena's Touch (Powered lightning staff of Spell Power Cure) to Infused yesterday.

Today or tomorrow I need to transmute one of my resto staffs of Worm. My basic plan is Infused w/ Weapon Power enchantments for the destro bar (bar swapping is easy with my gear) and something else for the resto bars. I'm still leaning to Powered over Decisive or Infused, but I'm open to being persuaded otherwise.

Note: I heal dungeons at this point, not trials, so Warhorn is less of a big deal. Besides -- of my 7 best healers, only 2 even have the skill at this point. :)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 7, 2018 2:57PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Decisive trait is garbage. with just base ulti regen, which a healer would have as they have no other ulti regen, you only get .4 more ulti a second. that is only around 12% more ulti regen. which brings down the time to get 240 for warhorn from 80 seconds to 70. or on any other class that is not sorc, 83 seconds to 73.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393914/is-decisive-trait-worthwhile-tays-ultimate-generation-simulator

You don't only have base regen in most cases. But, yes. It's not very much, but it's better then nothing.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes got the jewellery (not gold tho). She's run a couple of vet dungeons OK but I'm avoiding them until I get more practice and need to get warhorn too. Not sure I would heal trials, seems like too much responsibility :smiley: My main is DPS so this healing malarky is all quite new to me.

so i would go with a crafted set over healers habit, julianos if you want to do more damage, therefore healing, and have less sustain, kagrenac's hope if you want okay sustain plus a okay damage/healing, it would be easier to run witchmothers with the health bonus from kags as well or seducers if you want the least amount of damage/healing but unbeatable sustain. it is really up to you.

end game, you want worm cult, healing mage or maybe Jorvuld's Guidance. then you wear what ever the other healer is not.

You don't only have base regen in most cases. But, yes. It's not very much, but it's better then nothing.

but healers do only have base ulti regen. tanks are the ones that wear sets and use skills that augment ulti gain. the only other source of ulti a Templar healer has is prism, 3 ulti every 6 seconds, if you use a dawns wraith on cooldown. if you manage this, your ulti regen goes from 3 to 3.5 and with Decisive this goes up to 3.97, best case, remember that it is only a 40% chance to gain but best case, you go from 69 second between warhorns to 60 seconds. if that enough for you to justify losing 9% more healing all the time or doing more dps yourself AND improving your heals with nirn or precise? or reducing the damage the enemy does by a lot with an infused weakening (about 30% from my testing) or gain about ~150 more regen from an infused absorb magic glyph? or dropping the bosses armor by 2100 with an infused crusher if the tank is not running it? which happens a ton in PUGs. my point is you are giving up a ton of other stuff for best case, 9 seconds sooner warhorn.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 7, 2018 3:29PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Healer, anything that helps spell damage and crits helps healing. So, for a general purpose set, Julianos. Kagneracs is another good crafted set, Keep in mind, the big benefit to Kagnerac's is super fast Rezzs, something a Healer should not be doing anyway outside of PvP. So, for Crafted that still leaves Julianos. Also, Julianos is good if you do Off DPS.

Now, what to mix with that. If you can farm Spell Power Cure, that helps your groups by buffing their damage output. Most groups like you to have it. But, your doing White Gold Tower and vet at that for the jewelry. Or you can buy Key Fragments and hope RNG gets you the Purple Jewelry in the White Gold Tower Vault Room in the dungeon entrance room. Or you can do Normal and settle for Blue Jewelry.

Light Speaker would not be bad if you have the 3 jewelry pieces to mix with it.

However, until you get SPC, any healing focused set, Trinimacs is easy and cheap to get for instance, is nice to mix with Julianos, as you can farm dropped set jewelry to make two 5 Piece sets. Look for any healing focused sets in this list and farm what you can get or buy.

Sanctuary is a decent set for group support and that can be farmed in Banished Cells, so pretty easy even at Vet.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Light+Armor+Sets

Then for the Shoulder, use a Molag Kena, which you can get from the Undaunted chests if you don't have one.

You can also farm Worm in Vaults of Madness as another group support set, it but use it with SPC or another Healing focused set. On it's own, its not a healing set, but a group support set.
    Edited by Nestor on April 7, 2018 3:28PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 7, 2018 3:28PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO

Fextralife is just a good list as any to use, and it's easier to find the healing sets.

Also, this is my general purpose healing set spiel, OP needs to take from it what he needs. I don't type every post out from scratch, that is a waste of time.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO

Fextralife is just a good list as any to use, and it's easier to find the healing sets.

Also, this is my general purpose healing set spiel, OP needs to take from it what he needs. I don't type every post out from scratch, that is a waste of time.

this is a forum about a video game, it is all a waste of time.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say infused weakening, and remember to light attack bosses (or run wall of elements back bar). This will reduce incoming damage by about 10%.

I don't recommend crusher on a healer because tanks usually run it. If a tank has Torugs infused crusher then your infused crusher will overwrite it, essentially giving enemies more armor.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone refresh my memory on the off balance and concussed changes. Not sure if i should retrait my charged lightning spc staff and my brain is a little foggy on the practical application of it. Took a break from pve healing and im too lazy to look at the patch notes :wink:
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 7, 2018 5:45PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just use powered in Resto staves. Sure the others can be fine- but for pve I would just go with powered. No chance in overwriting anyone else's stuff etc. On my tank I use crushing and weakening - so be need for healers to do that. If you actually have then issues (I do not as a healer) then you can go infused. Both with magicka return - in either case.

In pvp you could then go with weakening etc- but that's purely situational.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say infused weakening, and remember to light attack bosses (or run wall of elements back bar). This will reduce incoming damage by about 10%.

I don't recommend crusher on a healer because tanks usually run it. If a tank has Torugs infused crusher then your infused crusher will overwrite it, essentially giving enemies more armor.

This is common advice, and seems to assume that tanks don't run BOTH Crushing and Weakening.

Why don't they?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 7, 2018 6:00PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some tanks do run weakening back bar, but it's less common than crusher. Most don't have great weakening uptime even if they do run it, so there is less of a concern of overwriting. This is because bar swapping drops block, and to keep back bar weakening up would require 2 bar swaps every 5s.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Can someone refresh my memory on the off balance and concussed changes. Not sure if i should retrait my charged lightning spc staff and my brain is a little foggy on the practical application of it. Took a break from pve healing and im too lazy to look at the patch notes :wink:

@exeeter702

For a lightening staff, Charged is one of the good traits, so leave that be.

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »

@exeeter702

For a lightening staff, Charged is one of the good traits, so leave that be.

Well ive known this to be true but not sure if that has changed since the off balance changes and whatnot.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Odd double post. (That should be "even", actually.)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 7, 2018 9:56PM