Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slayer of ESO's Economy - We need you ZOS!

• ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Avalon wrote: »
    The link was posted quite a few times on forums. Still, that's the only way how we can destroy this problem.

If the add-on is such a problem, or danger, then it proves the real problem is the system in place currently. If it receives enough ‘clientele’ (not sure what the better word would be here), then it shows how many dislike the way guild traders are. My only regret here, is that console players cannot use it. So, yes, spread this far and wide, tell everyone! Perhaps ZOS will change this horrible concept of guild traders, at least giving us a way to search all at one time, then travel to the trader in question to buy that item. It would still benefit people to have the ‘best’ traders, as location still matters. I could get X for 1000 but have to spend 10 minutes getting it... or X for 2000, and it’s right here in town.

The voices are well spread. Change would generate much more hate than not changing it.

It's going to be the same thing as with 2h weapons counting as 2 set pieces. I made a comment about it a couple months ago and got a lot of flack for it, much more than support, but now that it's coming, everyone seems to love it. With a global AH it would be the same, I guarantee it.

You probably just got beating-dead-horse'ed. With AH it's other thing.

No, I haven't. Feel free to check yourself... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4614255#Comment_4614255

And even if it was the case, I have seen plenty of dead horse comments on AH threads. It's always those arguing for the status quo posting them, I wonder if it might be because they know that what they argue for is bad, and they know that if the issue gets the developers' attention, they will agree with those proposing the improvement.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The link was posted quite a few times on forums. Still, that's the only way how we can destroy this problem.

If the add-on is such a problem, or danger, then it proves the real problem is the system in place currently. If it receives enough ‘clientele’ (not sure what the better word would be here), then it shows how many dislike the way guild traders are. My only regret here, is that console players cannot use it. So, yes, spread this far and wide, tell everyone! Perhaps ZOS will change this horrible concept of guild traders, at least giving us a way to search all at one time, then travel to the trader in question to buy that item. It would still benefit people to have the ‘best’ traders, as location still matters. I could get X for 1000 but have to spend 10 minutes getting it... or X for 2000, and it’s right here in town.

The voices are well spread. Change would generate much more hate than not changing it.

It's going to be the same thing as with 2h weapons counting as 2 set pieces. I made a comment about it a couple months ago and got a lot of flack for it, much more than support, but now that it's coming, everyone seems to love it. With a global AH it would be the same, I guarantee it.

No, I haven't. Feel free to check yourself... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4614255#Comment_4614255

And even if it was the case, I have seen plenty of dead horse comments on AH threads. It's always those arguing for the status quo posting them, I wonder if it might be because they know that what they argue for is bad, and they know that if the issue gets the developers' attention, they will agree with those proposing the improvement.

It is still minor, it's like wanting to remove entire feature and getting new one, like deleting skills and using only light attacks.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    The people who are arguing against are most likely Guild GMs and Officers who are getting filthy rich of its members and Guilds.

You have a misconception about how operating trading guild works. Most GMs struggle a great deal to come up with the trader bid each week.

It costs millions of gold for the top spots and we have to do all kinds of activities - auctions, raffles, farming events etc, to try to raise that enormous sum every week. Rather than getting "filthy rich," we go broke spending our own gold to buy raffle prizes and often the raffle doesn't even raise enough to cover bid, so we pay the difference as well.

I don't doubt that a lot of work and personal sacrifice goes into running trading guilds, which is one of the negative aspects of the present system especially in relation to the absurd trader bids involved. None of that should be required, and the fact that it is demonstrates how dysfunctional the system has become. The fact remains, in any event, that the only players with millions of gold to their name are traders. Being in a successful trading guild is the only way you can accumulate any real gold in this game, and all most of those traders are really doing is swapping stuff around between them at crazy prices. It's a dysfunctional way of running such a core aspect of an MMO as a trading system, and it needs a radical overhaul.

@IcyDeadPeople - I have not found that to be true. Since update 15, when transparency died, it's also impossible to see if its true. The defense has always been that it prevents bid spies, but the only thing you don't have access to through MM or announcements after an auction is deposits.

@Tandor - I am in a bunch of trade guilds, including on different accounts, and most guild officers put significant effort into their trade guild, especially time wise. However, I mostly agree with everything else.

Indeed, I accepted that very point.

Oh, um, hmm, well I couldn't agree to EVERYTHING you said, would seem, uh... bah.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet that the people using that system, aren't really participating much in the standard Guild Vendor Economy to start with. (if they were, why would they bother with that mod, after all).

So, I can't see it having much effect on the regular economy. /shrug

Guild Traders might loose more and more players over time, because it is cheaper and global.

Which is exactly why the addon was made. People are tired of all the fees and hassle needed to appease few small merchant lords in order to make profits.

Power Wealth And Influence.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is still minor, it's like wanting to remove entire feature and getting new one, like deleting skills and using only light attacks.

What you just did is called "special pleading", hence my argument still stands. It wouldn't be the first time something controversial gets implemented and afterwards it turns out that it wasn't that controversial to begin with. 2h weapons counting as 2 set pieces is just an example.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you folks have this god awful weird arse obsession with trade guilds (or their GMs). If you don't like your trade guild then leave it! I'm in warmart, been in it for as long as I've been playing. You can basically just toss good ol' Art like 10k a week (I spend 20-25k a week) for some raffle tickets and you don't get booted. If you can't make that just by playing the game for an hour then you don't even need a trade guild.

Where's all this hostility coming from?!?! Y'all act like GMs are extorting you guys for hundreds of thousands of gold every week. Hell, if they are finding enough lemmings to extort enough gold every week from em to make y'all this mad then i should go make one.

Sheesh people.
    Edited by BuddyAces on April 5, 2018 11:09PM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Some of you folks have this god awful weird arse obsession with trade guilds (or their GMs). If you don't like your trade guild then leave it! I'm in warmart, been in it for as long as I've been playing. You can basically just toss good ol' Art like 10k a week (I spend 20-25k a week) for some raffle tickets and you don't get booted. If you can't make that just by playing the game for an hour then you don't even need a trade guild.

Where's all this hostility coming from?!?! Y'all act like GMs are extorting you guys for hundreds of thousands of gold every week. Hell, if they are finding enough lemmings to extort enough gold every week from em to make y'all this mad then i should go make one.

Sheesh people.

Yeah I dunno where this comes from. I run a trade guild with a trader in a major city and just about break even while not asking for any dues and having no minimums. We always have spots open. If you really need a trader, there are plenty of guilds out there who ask nothing of you.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sheesh people.

Problem with that is you wouldn't be able to sell to the public anymore if you leave the best spot trading guilds
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think enough of us will use the add-on for it to hurt the market or get banned, mostly we don't trust outside executables!

& As a customer I like the current system, if I need something I get to decide how much travelling around for a bargain I do...
    but I really wish we could offer our items to our favorite guild traders, like guild messaging for "willing to sell"
    also it wouldn't hurt to be able to ask for a guild invite from the trader too, "I have stuffs, invite me please!"

& all the kingdoms for a word search that works :s
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    They left the trader system to the players because its obvious none of the developers are capable of making a coherent and accessable trading system or interface. Its like the producers basically just gave up and don’t care.
    Edited by Motherball on April 6, 2018 5:44AM
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a thought:

Global Auction Houses are added to all faction capitols. The contents of the global AH are comprised of all current guild vendors and there is a 15-30% cost increase for using the global AH over the guild vendor.

Or...

Instead of a global AH, there is a faction AH, which pulls auctions from all of the guild vendors located in a particular faction. It would still have the increased cost for using the faction instead of the guild vendor.

Additionally...

A portion of the added cost is given to the person who put up the auction, or the percentage could go to the guild bank of the guild who owned the guild vendor.

Just an idea, what do you think, could that work?
    Edited by ThinkerOfThings on April 6, 2018 7:32AM
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    addon installed
    will test it
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won't work. The guilds are mega rich, and there is nothing stopping the rich guild people from using the addon, buying all the good stuff and putting it back in their guild stores to sell for more gold. Good if you want to sell stuff I guess, not so good if you want to buy something you really want or need for some reason or another, most will still have to go through guild stores to find what they are looking for.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet that the people using that system, aren't really participating much in the standard Guild Vendor Economy to start with. (if they were, why would they bother with that mod, after all).

So, I can't see it having much effect on the regular economy. /shrug

Yeah, rarely do good sellers complain about trade guilds or the trading system. The ones that complain about it are most often the small fries who don't really want to try and get kicked for pitiful sales because it cuts into their pvping time or what not. Now here is going to come someone saying they sell tons every week in a guild with no standards. Well here is a unicorn sticker for that person for being such a rare special case, because the reason the guilds in the best spots all have minimum standards is because they make room to get the best sellers on their roster they can because the best sellers want the best locations. Like it or not there are plenty of people that don't want an even playing field. They want their goods to be front and center. They like it competitive and they'll do what they can to keep it that way and plan on winning.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on April 6, 2018 8:03AM
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭

Sheesh people.

I would have 50 times more gold than I do had I not started and had to support my trade guild up to being established in a capital city. And I put in like a full work week farm stuff for auctions doing guild mails and evens web pages etc.. I don' t expect a lot reading here will care or appreciate any of that which is fine with me. I just want the guild members to use the store and make a decent profit because that is why I invited them. I didn't invite them to take up a roster spot so they can get better MM or so they can not have plans to sell atm but maybe a month from now they'll want to sell something so just in case. My guild doesn't need to pad its roster count its pretty full. If they don't want to do that is really that much to ask for few Ks in raffle tickets to help pull their weight a bit for the trader cost? That doesn't really seem like exploitation. It's just fairness. We're paying for this spot every week, you are getting to use it, help us pay please. That is all it is.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on April 6, 2018 8:44AM
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a thought:

Global Auction Houses are added to all faction capitols. The contents of the global AH are comprised of all current guild vendors and there is a 15-30% cost increase for using the global AH over the guild vendor.

Or...

Instead of a global AH, there is a faction AH, which pulls auctions from all of the guild vendors located in a particular faction. It would still have the increased cost for using the faction instead of the guild vendor.

Additionally...

A portion of the added cost is given to the person who put up the auction, or the percentage could go to the guild bank of the guild who owned the guild vendor.

ZOS Isn't going to change the system 4 years in. They obviously like it the way it is by now. Now this addon is either going to to get shut down by ZOS. Or they will be stripped clean by the guilds until they and the most hardcore, "down with the system" guys are using it. That is what I think will happen.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    BlackEar wrote: »
    Meh I prefer other add-ons for global AH search.

TTC if that's what you mean works different way. It just moves more valuable objects into places where they can be sold for more.

On the other hand, this addon you’re talking about just makes it so people don’t have to clutter zone chat with “WTS” messages. It just takes that process and gives it a convenient UI.

I don’t see what’s so wrong about that.

What clutter? Are you playing a different game?
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1768-NirnAuctionHouse.html

https://nirnah.com/

This addon, just adds global auction house, and it's very bad for the guild traders. People just have to pay for the C.O.D and it isn't even comparable amount! ZOS you need to disallow this addon before it will break the economy completly. I know I will face a lot of hate from whole "Global Auction House" group, however if you, ZOS, don't implement that system, why should it be allowed?

So this new add on allows users to abuse paying or fulfilling orders for some time length before they get baned. Thus, it creates a problem I don't have with the current system. I'll stick with the method where I'm clearing 100-400k profit most weeks. We'll see if this destroyer makes me switch.

Plus wouldn't there be a delay in many cases before the order is fulfilled? I'm too instant gratification.
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a thought:

Or...

Additionally...

ZOS Isn't going to change the system 4 years in. They obviously like it the way it is by now. Now this addon is either going to to get shut down by ZOS. Or they will be stripped clean by the guilds until they and the most hardcore, "down with the system" guys are using it. That is what I think will happen.

That is a possibility, however I remember playing WoW and over the years they took ideas from popular AddOns and incorperated them into the game as QoL improvements, making the Add-on obsolete. It wouldn't surprise me if they did that too.

Plus it doesn't seem like ZOS is too concerned with always sticking to the old formula, considering the upcoming Summerset changes.
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I am so glad I do not play on PC Console. PC cheating master race.

Fixed that for you

• Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great AddOn, Guild Traders only make Guild Leaders of Trading Guilds fat and do nothing for the common player. This fixes one major eso annoyance
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Economic scrubs. Global AH is an easy way to create monopoly, to control market prices etc. You're lazy that's all. I play this game since launch and after dozens of other MMO's with global AH, I find that traders system is amazing. You have no freaking idea how bad for game economy are global AH's, a little example:

I have 100M gold. How can I earn more? Ez. Go to AH, find rare motifs and buy all of them (let's assume they're 100k each) since it takes up to 5 minutes to search through AH (I would actually create some bot that could run 24/7). Now I'll just list them for 500k and just buy everything that goes bellow my price. Price of motifs will rise because the only one who sells them is me. Anyone who will try to list new motif will check current price, when he will see only 500k bids, he will list it to with that price. That's all, I've just earned tons of gold by simple market manipulation. I earn, you loose because now you have to pay 500k for motif. Now I can have 400M of potential income which I took from other players just because I could and it was ez.

Example 2. You want to sell upgrade mats or whatever. In AH you can sort items by unit price, so to be on top of the list you put your goods 1g below current lowest price. Nice. 5s later someone did the same. Again and again and again since its global AH so all players are listing their goods in one place. After half an hour your goods are on 4th or 5th page, maybe you will be back on top of the list in time, but you may not. Fantasy? No. That's how my trading experience looked like in games like Aion where you had access to global AH, when I had to list again all of my stuff almost each day. That are facts.

Now go, bring me an AH, I dare you, I promise you I will abuse it to became even reacher :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Economic scrubs. Global AH is an easy way to create monopoly, to control market prices etc. You're lazy that's all. I play this game since launch and after dozens of other MMO's with global AH, I find that traders system is amazing. You have no freaking idea how bad for game economy are global AH's, a little example:

I have 100M gold. How can I earn more? Ez. Go to AH, find rare motifs and buy all of them (let's assume they're 100k each) since it takes up to 5 minutes to search through AH (I would actually create some bot that could run 24/7). Now I'll just list them for 500k and just buy everything that goes bellow my price. Price of motifs will rise because the only one who sells them is me. Anyone who will try to list new motif will check current price, when he will see only 500k bids, he will list it to with that price. That's all, I've just earned tons of gold by simple market manipulation. I earn, you loose because now you have to pay 500k for motif. Now I can have 400M of potential income which I took from other players just because I could and it was ez.

Example 2. You want to sell upgrade mats or whatever. In AH you can sort items by unit price, so to be on top of the list you put your goods 1g below current lowest price. Nice. 5s later someone did the same. Again and again and again since its global AH so all players are listing their goods in one place. After half an hour your goods are on 4th or 5th page, maybe you will be back on top of the list in time, but you may not. Fantasy? No. That's how my trading experience looked like in games like Aion where you had access to global AH, when I had to list again all of my stuff almost each day. That are facts.

Now go, bring me an AH, I dare you, I promise you I will abuse it to became even reacher :)

We shall all fear your great and mighty reach.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Bot-ing is automated gameplay, which is cheating and a bannable offense. You might get rich in the game, but you’ll have wasted the real money you spent buying the game.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but this is either an advert or seriously poor execution on your part.

You could have generalized the details and your complaint, providing more detail to Admins when requested.

Instead, you chose to provide links. It's like handing out free passes to an event you don't want people to attend.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    go go! more pages
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Woule be a fantastic addon, but it needs to execute an .exe file and cause of that it's a no go.
    What a shame...
    PTS-EU
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ill be testing it out....as far as running programs while playing TTC runs in the back ground as well no maleware....is it possible yes...but it would destroy the use of the app
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but this is either an advert or seriously poor execution on your part.

You could have generalized the details and your complaint, providing more detail to Admins when requested.

Instead, you chose to provide links. It's like handing out free passes to an event you don't want people to attend.

They are here to make it easier to find by zos.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ This