The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slayer of ESO's Economy - We need you ZOS!

• Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    Radinyn wrote: »
    BlackEar wrote: »
    Meh I prefer other add-ons for global AH search.

TTC if that's what you mean works different way. It just moves more valuable objects into places where they can be sold for more.

On the other hand, this addon you’re talking about just makes it so people don’t have to clutter zone chat with “WTS” messages. It just takes that process and gives it a convenient UI.

I don’t see what’s so wrong about that.

It exploits weak points of the game to destroy guild traders.

Not really. People who sell in chat can accomplish the same thing. Most do it using mail and the CoD functionality.

It seems to me like this addon works using a built in game system and layering a new UI on top of it. It’s not like it stores the items for players. They still have to carry the items until they’re sold.

So, when I write in zone chat in Craglorn WTS <x> somebody from Stonefalls can see it?
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many trading addons must be made before ZOS realizes that the current guild trader system is just a giant pita and needs some serious changes/improvements.

Data Daedra, Master Merchant, Tamriel Trade Centre and now this. Are there any other ones?
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

TTC if that's what you mean works different way. It just moves more valuable objects into places where they can be sold for more.

On the other hand, this addon you’re talking about just makes it so people don’t have to clutter zone chat with “WTS” messages. It just takes that process and gives it a convenient UI.

Not really. People who sell in chat can accomplish the same thing. Most do it using mail and the CoD functionality.

It seems to me like this addon works using a built in game system and layering a new UI on top of it. It’s not like it stores the items for players. They still have to carry the items until they’re sold.

So, when I write in zone chat in Craglorn WTS <x> somebody from Stonefalls can see it?

That does make the addon more appealing, now that you mention it.

TTC does the same thing, too.

What else does this thing do?
    Edited by srfrogg23 on April 4, 2018 11:10PM
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It shows where do you need to travel to get that item, it's not given to you wherever you are.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It shows where do you need to travel to get that item, it's not given to you wherever you are.

Fast travel. It’s a pretty quick process.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But then you can sell this item to guild store in better place for bigger price, and global auction house decreases prices in all zones at the same time breaking this important aspect of trading.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah no thanks not running any addon with an Exe
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But then you can sell this item to guild store in better place for bigger price, and global auction house decreases prices in all zones at the same time breaking this important aspect of trading.

Same thing with TTC and MM. You can purchase items low and resell them high. You can also see what price others are selling at, and undercut them.

It’s called “playing the auction house”. It’s something that happens in every multiplayer game with an economy. It’s actually a pretty popular activity. Kind of like playing the stock market...which actually sounds really boring.

Either way, I’m not seeing the difference, here.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thing with TTC and MM. You can purchase items low and resell them high. You can also see what price others are selling at, and undercut them.

It’s called “playing the auction house”. It’s something that happens in every multiplayer game with an economy. It’s actually a pretty popular activity. Kind of like playing the stock market...which actually sounds really boring.

One makes global changes that remove much of this aspect, and the second one only regional that enchance it.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

One makes global changes that remove much of this aspect, and the second one only regional that enchance it.

But TTC and MM are not regional. They are very global. Fast travel is also global.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But TTC and MM are not regional. They are very global. Fast travel is also global.

MM is local, TTC is global
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

TTC just shows global location, the rest is left to MM which is local.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

MM became global as soon as TTC got popular. People price things based on TTC, MM records those sales, and the two sync up.

They go hand in hand. The economy in ESO is a global economy thanks to these addons.

This new addon will fall right in line with TTC and MM.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

MM became global as soon as TTC got popular. People price things based on TTC, MM records those sales, and the two sync up.

They go hand in hand. The economy in ESO is a global economy thanks to these addons.

But MM will always show different values depending what 5 guilds your in, so therefore its really more localized than global. Also anything that needs an exe to run is just asking for a backdoor into your computer, even though we run exe's all the time lol.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on April 4, 2018 11:37PM
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't global economy, every zone has other prices. MM only shows your guilds.
    Edited by Radinyn on April 4, 2018 11:37PM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It isn't global economy, every zone has other prices. MM only shows your guilds.

No they don’t. Different prices exist because of the prevailing price at the time an item was posted or a lack of using TTC. The prices are not based on zone, though.

Different zones in ESO do not have different levels of supply and demand because market conditions are the same throughout all the zones. Due largely to the fact that players can just fast travel everywhere.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry too much. There's only been 18K downloads of that add-on.
    Other addons have hundreds of thousands of downloads.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's cute that there are still people out there that think the guild trader system is any better than an auction house.

The guild trader system remains for two reasons. First, it was a huge marketing point for ZoS, admitting failure is not going to win the management any points... Second, it's a huge gold sink. That's it.

Actually, the guild trader system is a bit better in that you have more rich players, and a bit worse because that means there are more people involved in controlling the market. Time works against auction house manipulators.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game uses *** system. Customers find innovative way round.

Dry your eyes.

Eeeeexactly!

Thanks for the link OP! This looks amazing. I hope it continues to grow and prosper :D
    Edited by Numerikuu on April 4, 2018 11:55PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's cute that there are still people out there that think the guild trader system is any better than an auction house.

The guild trader system remains for two reasons. First, it was a huge marketing point for ZoS, admitting failure is not going to win the management any points... Second, it's a huge gold sink. That's it.

Actually, the guild trader system is a bit better in that you have more rich players, and a bit worse because that means there are more people involved in controlling the market. Time works against auction house manipulators.

Auction house manipulators are really just those who have programming skills, writing a script to automatically buy under priced goods isn't that hard to be honest. Catching these programs can also be really really hard, just look at how hard a time EA have catching FIFA cheats.

Guild trader manipulators are those who have time since you have to travel around a lot.

I prefer the guild trader manipulators, at least they are real people putting in their own time. It's a legitimate way to play the game as far as I'm concerned.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Auction house manipulators are really just those who have programming skills, writing a script to automatically buy under priced goods isn't that hard to be honest. Catching these programs can also be really really hard, just look at how hard a time EA have catching FIFA cheats.

Guild trader manipulators are those who have time since you have to travel around a lot.

I prefer the guild trader manipulators, at least they are real people putting in their own time. It's a legitimate way to play the game as far as I'm concerned.

This^
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1768-NirnAuctionHouse.html

https://nirnah.com/

This addon, just adds global auction house, and it's very bad for the guild traders. People just have to pay for the C.O.D and it isn't even comparable amount! ZOS you need to disallow this addon before it will break the economy completly. I know I will face a lot of hate from whole "Global Auction House" group, however if you, ZOS, don't implement that system, why should it be allowed?

Thank you advertising this addon. I never knew about it until now. You are my HERO!

This is one step for the players. One smack in the face of players getting rich doing nothing but charging to sell in their guild stores. GG
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on April 5, 2018 12:02AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would rather much prefer an inbuilt auction house like the rest of the 99.99% of MMO's, rather than trusting an exe made by some random person to run in your background, but that's me
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather much prefer an inbuilt auction house like the rest of the 99.99% of MMO's, rather than trusting an exe made by some random person to run in your background, but that's me

I prefer guild trader rather than auction house, however still it's obvious that inbuilt one would be better.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can't be a guild trader then, or you would know that it's a TEAM effort...

The average player doesn't have the patience and/or time to travel everywhere to find a reasonable price. So hub guild traders see the vast majority of the traffic.

You could have the best of both worlds by implementing a centralized search while still requiring players to travel to buy the item or pickup their purchase. Right?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    now just curious how many people will use it with hope it will be many to show ZOS their guild traders system isnt to good...atleast until they wil maybe add npc in game to search items from every guild trader where to go instead of wasting time running on every zone just to get info there is no any item which you want to buy or to get this items after many zones...

Still based on the other topic ~~60+ % of game's population is against global auction house.

from where you get 60% of this gam population is against global auction? dont say its from forum pools where less than 1k different players even writing something on forum xD

and I dont see any chance as more than 50%+ players will be against global auction as this game is more casual friendly and global AH would be more casual friendy where you need to have active sales to not be kicked from guild and of there are zones with the best prices for selling where you to get and be in those guilds you really need to have good sales and we have other worse zones where you need to wait or many many more time longer to sold this one item which could be sold in same day in good zone or need to drastically lower price to have sure you will sell this item before price will drop more with this time

while in global AH you dont need any special guild to even list your items for sale and everyone have flat chance to sell same item for similiar price without being additional disadvantaged because of bad location of your guild trader
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can't be a guild trader then, or you would know that it's a TEAM effort...

The average player doesn't have the patience and/or time to travel everywhere to find a reasonable price. So hub guild traders see the vast majority of the traffic.

You could have the best of both worlds by implementing a centralized search while still requiring players to travel to buy the item or pickup their purchase. Right?

That's what I was suggesting, like how Swg's bazaar worked
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now just curious how many people will use it with hope it will be many to show ZOS their guild traders system isnt to good...atleast until they wil maybe add npc in game to search items from every guild trader where to go instead of wasting time running on every zone just to get info there is no any item which you want to buy or to get this items after many zones...

Still based on the other topic ~~60+ % of game's population is against global auction house.

from where you get 60% of this gam population is against global auction? dont say its from forum pools where less than 1k different players even writing something on forum xD

and I dont see any chance as more than 50%+ players will be against global auction as this game is more casual friendly and global AH would be more casual friendy where you need to have active sales to not be kicked from guild and of there are zones with the best prices for selling where you to get and be in those guilds you really need to have good sales and we have other worse zones where you need to wait or many many more time longer to sold this one item which could be sold in same day in good zone or need to drastically lower price to have sure you will sell this item before price will drop more with this time

while in global AH you dont need any special guild to even list your items for sale and everyone have flat chance to sell same item for similiar price without being additional disadvantaged because of bad location of your guild trader

In game literally everyone I meet is against auction house except some of the min/max players. Guild Trader's are more realstic to the medival/fantasy way of trading than global auction house.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In game literally everyone I meet is against auction house except some of the min/max players. Guild Trader's are more realstic to the medival/fantasy way of trading than global auction house.

The majority of casuals in game that I came accross always ask in in general chat every day Where is the auction house, and everyone is like there is none you f----ing Noob !, lol.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then TTC and MM should probably be banned, along with all other trade addons.

You can’t get the true medieval trader experience by looking up the prices on a website or addon. The internet didn’t exist back then.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on April 5, 2018 12:17AM