Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Slayer of ESO's Economy - We need you ZOS!

• The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    Oh no, you cant rip people off with null information so sad...... :'(

You could always join the consoles inflated market, no add ons here

I never knew how inflated the market was on console until I moved to pc. It's insane. I'm talking 1k for a research piece of armor, non nirn, vs 100-300g on pc.

That 4x difference is basically consistent across the board, AND it's harder to make gold playing the market. Poor console plebs :naughty:
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Radinyn wrote: »
    now just curious how many people will use it with hope it will be many to show ZOS their guild traders system isnt to good...atleast until they wil maybe add npc in game to search items from every guild trader where to go instead of wasting time running on every zone just to get info there is no any item which you want to buy or to get this items after many zones...

Still based on the other topic ~~60+ % of game's population is against global auction house.

from where you get 60% of this gam population is against global auction? dont say its from forum pools where less than 1k different players even writing something on forum xD

and I dont see any chance as more than 50%+ players will be against global auction as this game is more casual friendly and global AH would be more casual friendy where you need to have active sales to not be kicked from guild and of there are zones with the best prices for selling where you to get and be in those guilds you really need to have good sales and we have other worse zones where you need to wait or many many more time longer to sold this one item which could be sold in same day in good zone or need to drastically lower price to have sure you will sell this item before price will drop more with this time

while in global AH you dont need any special guild to even list your items for sale and everyone have flat chance to sell same item for similiar price without being additional disadvantaged because of bad location of your guild trader

In game literally everyone I meet is against auction house except some of the min/max players. Guild Trader's are more realstic to the medival/fantasy way of trading than global auction house.

and so you exhausted of your logical arguments and now you compared it more to reality how it would look in real life?
    just no comments :| even casual player will have more mind for discussions

It was just random thought, by baiting you won't achieve anything.

It wasn't even argument to anything.

And you don't have argument any other than "guild traders are bad" and "this will make game more fair, because I don't want to work for something"

^ This is a bait.
    Edited by Radinyn on April 5, 2018 1:04PM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now just curious how many people will use it with hope it will be many to show ZOS their guild traders system isnt to good...atleast until they wil maybe add npc in game to search items from every guild trader where to go instead of wasting time running on every zone just to get info there is no any item which you want to buy or to get this items after many zones...

Still based on the other topic ~~60+ % of game's population is against global auction house.

from where you get 60% of this gam population is against global auction? dont say its from forum pools where less than 1k different players even writing something on forum xD

and I dont see any chance as more than 50%+ players will be against global auction as this game is more casual friendly and global AH would be more casual friendy where you need to have active sales to not be kicked from guild and of there are zones with the best prices for selling where you to get and be in those guilds you really need to have good sales and we have other worse zones where you need to wait or many many more time longer to sold this one item which could be sold in same day in good zone or need to drastically lower price to have sure you will sell this item before price will drop more with this time

while in global AH you dont need any special guild to even list your items for sale and everyone have flat chance to sell same item for similiar price without being additional disadvantaged because of bad location of your guild trader

In game literally everyone I meet is against auction house except some of the min/max players. Guild Trader's are more realstic to the medival/fantasy way of trading than global auction house.

and so you exhausted of your logical arguments and now you compared it more to reality how it would look in real life?

so at all you will say many of your posts which looks as defending your 1st post here are just nonsense (even if those are just your random thoughts) here just to waste some time because you are bored or trying to trigger/bait some people just to hmm...discuss with them/bump this thread for more advertising this addon :D or is here some other reason to write nonsene posts here? :smiley:
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so at all you will say many of your posts which looks as defending your 1st post here are just nonsense (even if those are just your random thoughts) here just to waste some time because you are bored or trying to trigger/bait some people just to hmm...discuss with them/bump this thread for more advertising this addon :D or is here some other reason to write nonsene posts here? :smiley:

The is, that ZOS needs to see it, and maybe they will ban this addon. I know baiting might be unintentional but you just do this all the time so I'm not sure how to feel about this. We are here to show our arguments, not to write that arguments of the other side are bad or to insult others.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The is, that ZOS needs to see it, and maybe they will ban this addon. I know baiting might be unintentional but you just do this all the time so I'm not sure how to feel about this. We are here to show our arguments, not to write that arguments of the other side are bad or to insult others.

at all stin havnt seen even half good reasoned arguments to ban this addon than arguments to leave it and even upgrade game trading system to point around this global AH
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

at all stin havnt seen even half good reasoned arguments to ban this addon than arguments to leave it and even upgrade game trading system to point around this global AH

They might seem bad arguments to you but good arguments to others.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so glad I do not play on PC. PC cheating race.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    BlackEar wrote: »
    Meh I prefer other add-ons for global AH search.

TTC if that's what you mean works different way. It just moves more valuable objects into places where they can be sold for more.

On the other hand, this addon you’re talking about just makes it so people don’t have to clutter zone chat with “WTS” messages. It just takes that process and gives it a convenient UI.

I don’t see what’s so wrong about that.

It exploits weak points of the game to destroy guild traders.

Not really. People who sell in chat can accomplish the same thing. Most do it using mail and the CoD functionality.

It seems to me like this addon works using a built in game system and layering a new UI on top of it. It’s not like it stores the items for players. They still have to carry the items until they’re sold.

So, when I write in zone chat in Craglorn WTS <x> somebody from Stonefalls can see it?

That does make the addon more appealing, now that you mention it.

TTC does the same thing, too.

What else does this thing do?

It shows where do you need to travel to get that item, it's not given to you wherever you are.

Fast travel. It’s a pretty quick process.

But then you can sell this item to guild store in better place for bigger price, and global auction house decreases prices in all zones at the same time breaking this important aspect of trading.

Same thing with TTC and MM. You can purchase items low and resell them high. You can also see what price others are selling at, and undercut them.

It’s called “playing the auction house”. It’s something that happens in every multiplayer game with an economy. It’s actually a pretty popular activity. Kind of like playing the stock market...which actually sounds really boring.

Either way, I’m not seeing the difference, here.

The (very obvious) difference is that one person cannot manipulate prices server-wide without putting in a huge amount of effort due to the distributed nature of the guild trader system. This keeps prices low. Consolidate everything on a global auction house and one whale can easily manipulate the market with a few clicks, but with guild traders, that person would have to go to every or nearly every trader.

It’s never just one person in other games, either. Just like in ESO, the people that are playing the auction house are constantly competing with each other and anyone else who puts new items up for sale. That’s why prices end up going lower and lower.

The strawman argument that “just one person can manipulate...” gets even more ludicrous when you try to say that they’re manipulating the market just to keep prices low.

Do you realize that people would have buy high and sell low to do that? That they would be intentionally losing money just to lower the prices? That doesn’t even make sense.

The only difference between a global AH and the guild traders is the level of transparency, ease of access, and self reliance. At this point, that’s it.
    Its two effects, the first and most obvious is that cheap items will drop in price fast and hard, you have 25-50 slots to sell things in and need to sell them fast enough to make room for more items to sell.
    You price them below the other items in auction, now unlike WOW who has hundreds of servers ESO has 6 so 500K players will use the auction.
    All the servers in WOW limit supply the same way the guild traders to. Now you will not bother to search around for an 500 gold item, you buy it even if MM say its 25% overpriced. In an auction house you will buy the cheapest item.

For rare items you can afford to hold on to them and you price them high, probably use the action with no realistic buyout.
    Here the effect works the opposite way, prices go up as its plenty of players with lots of gold.
    We had that effect with sharpened weapons, imagine with an auction house

Last you have price manipulation who get way easier with an single source, it happen in ESO to but is far less effective.

This can t understand Why so many poeple miss that...
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TTC if that's what you mean works different way. It just moves more valuable objects into places where they can be sold for more.

On the other hand, this addon you’re talking about just makes it so people don’t have to clutter zone chat with “WTS” messages. It just takes that process and gives it a convenient UI.

Not really. People who sell in chat can accomplish the same thing. Most do it using mail and the CoD functionality.

It seems to me like this addon works using a built in game system and layering a new UI on top of it. It’s not like it stores the items for players. They still have to carry the items until they’re sold.

So, when I write in zone chat in Craglorn WTS <x> somebody from Stonefalls can see it?

It shows where do you need to travel to get that item, it's not given to you wherever you are.

But then you can sell this item to guild store in better place for bigger price, and global auction house decreases prices in all zones at the same time breaking this important aspect of trading.

Same thing with TTC and MM. You can purchase items low and resell them high. You can also see what price others are selling at, and undercut them.

It’s called “playing the auction house”. It’s something that happens in every multiplayer game with an economy. It’s actually a pretty popular activity. Kind of like playing the stock market...which actually sounds really boring.

The (very obvious) difference is that one person cannot manipulate prices server-wide without putting in a huge amount of effort due to the distributed nature of the guild trader system. This keeps prices low. Consolidate everything on a global auction house and one whale can easily manipulate the market with a few clicks, but with guild traders, that person would have to go to every or nearly every trader.

It’s never just one person in other games, either. Just like in ESO, the people that are playing the auction house are constantly competing with each other and anyone else who puts new items up for sale. That’s why prices end up going lower and lower.

The strawman argument that “just one person can manipulate...” gets even more ludicrous when you try to say that they’re manipulating the market just to keep prices low.

Do you realize that people would have buy high and sell low to do that? That they would be intentionally losing money just to lower the prices? That doesn’t even make sense.

The only difference between a global AH and the guild traders is the level of transparency, ease of access, and self reliance. At this point, that’s it.

I was that person in another MMO. I manipulated prices for certain consumables to quadruple their price on my server. It can and will happen with a server-wide auction house. We have laws against price manipulation IRL for a reason.
    Edited by ecru on April 5, 2018 2:13PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its two effects, the first and most obvious is that cheap items will drop in price fast and hard, you have 25-50 slots to sell things in and need to sell them fast enough to make room for more items to sell.
    You price them below the other items in auction, now unlike WOW who has hundreds of servers ESO has 6 so 500K players will use the auction.
    All the servers in WOW limit supply the same way the guild traders to. Now you will not bother to search around for an 500 gold item, you buy it even if MM say its 25% overpriced. In an auction house you will buy the cheapest item.

For rare items you can afford to hold on to them and you price them high, probably use the action with no realistic buyout.
    Here the effect works the opposite way, prices go up as its plenty of players with lots of gold.

Last you have price manipulation who get way easier with an single source, it happen in ESO to but is far less effective.

People do the same thing in ESO, too. Especially because of TTC. Undercutting and price competition are the mechanisms that control prices in MMOs. It doesn’t matter which game you’re talking about.

Thanks to TTC, not only am I able to undercut all of my competitors, but I am also guaranteed to get the sale because people can look up the item and see which guild vendor is selling it. That is price manipulation. If I undercut you, and someone lists the same item somewhere else - they will undercut me, if they’re using TTC.

The ONLY difference between ESO and other MMOs is that in ESO you need to use a 3rd party program to get that information. Other systems are just more transparent. The prices are all listed in the same in-game UI.

That, and you basically have to get another player’s permission to sell things on the trader - even if you want to start your own guild and buy a trader, your ability to sell depends on someone else’s willingness to participate.

Please stop with the “but it’s easier to manipulate the global AH” nonsense. It’s not “easier” because you still have to compete with EVERYONE who uses it. It’s never just “one guy” manipulating the economy and there has never been an unspoken agreement amongst all players that we wouldn’t undercut each other.

It’s called price competition and people will always find a way to do it, even if that means creating a plethora of addons that gives them an advantage over people who don’t use addons.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    I’m failing to see a problem with a market dictated by the consumers’ wants/ needs.

Current system is horrid. Good riddance.

These two cannot co-exist because addon destroys the base game one. That's why I'd like to see this addon banned.

No one using an antiquated and broken system in favour of a much better system is called “progress”. ZOS will catch up, eventually. There is absolutely no breaking of the TOS with an addon that allows players to mail what they want; to whom they want, at whatever price has been decided.

The addon is using the exact mechanics and limitations set in place, and just enhancing the social aspect and connectivity. Too bad, so sad for those who actually think the Guild Trader system is in any way efficient and fun.

This addon allows it's owner to ban some people that is against TOS and I'm sure more things are.
    I've played many MMO's with auction houses and guild traders are just soo much better idea for me! Just like auction house is better for you.

ESO is literally the only current MMORPG with this kind of system, and likely the only one that will have this system in the next decade. If it’s so great and innovative why hasn’t anyone copied it yet?

Answer: Because it’s bad. It’s fine to like bad things—I have a soft spot for B-movies. It just bothers me how righteously some people defend the current system when it’s clearly unpopular and riddled with issues.

Answer: Because devs aren't brave enough to do something that wasn't done before, and coping such a unique system would instantly result with hate because of stealing from other games.

I mean, you’re REALLY reaching with this one. C’mon. If it’s good, it gets copied, the end. WoW copied EQ. Fortnite improved on the PUBG formula. Companies follow suit in design and business all the time. There is literally no logical or historical basis for what you’ve said. None.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People do the same thing in ESO, too. Especially because of TTC. Undercutting and price competition are the mechanisms that control prices in MMOs. It doesn’t matter which game you’re talking about.

Thanks to TTC, not only am I able to undercut all of my competitors, but I am also guaranteed to get the sale because people can look up the item and see which guild vendor is selling it. That is price manipulation. If I undercut you, and someone lists the same item somewhere else - they will undercut me, if they’re using TTC.

The ONLY difference between ESO and other MMOs is that in ESO you need to use a 3rd party program to get that information. Other systems are just more transparent. The prices are all listed in the same in-game UI.

That, and you basically have to get another player’s permission to sell things on the trader - even if you want to start your own guild and buy a trader, your ability to sell depends on someone else’s willingness to participate.

Please stop with the “but it’s easier to manipulate the global AH” nonsense. It’s not “easier” because you still have to compete with EVERYONE who uses it. It’s never just “one guy” manipulating the economy and there has never been an unspoken agreement amongst all players that we wouldn’t undercut each other.

It’s called price competition and people will always find a way to do it, even if that means creating a plethora of addons that gives them an advantage over people who don’t use addons.

To manipulate prices as I would on a server-wide auction house I would have to visit nearly every merchant and purchase the items I want to price differently. During that time, if they were popular items that move quickly, I guarantee more would be listed for the original or lower price. With a server-wide auction house, I wouldn't have this problem. I can sit at the AH or another player who is even more enterprising than me can write a bot to do it for him.

Give me a server-wide auction house and I'll suction up all your gold until I have so much that the only interesting thing left to do with it is to manipulate markets even further.

Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dude is clearly at the end of his rope.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m failing to see a problem with a market dictated by the consumers’ wants/ needs.

These two cannot co-exist because addon destroys the base game one. That's why I'd like to see this addon banned.

No one using an antiquated and broken system in favour of a much better system is called “progress”. ZOS will catch up, eventually. There is absolutely no breaking of the TOS with an addon that allows players to mail what they want; to whom they want, at whatever price has been decided.

The addon is using the exact mechanics and limitations set in place, and just enhancing the social aspect and connectivity. Too bad, so sad for those who actually think the Guild Trader system is in any way efficient and fun.

This addon allows it's owner to ban some people that is against TOS and I'm sure more things are.
    I've played many MMO's with auction houses and guild traders are just soo much better idea for me! Just like auction house is better for you.

ESO is literally the only current MMORPG with this kind of system, and likely the only one that will have this system in the next decade. If it’s so great and innovative why hasn’t anyone copied it yet?

Answer: Because it’s bad. It’s fine to like bad things—I have a soft spot for B-movies. It just bothers me how righteously some people defend the current system when it’s clearly unpopular and riddled with issues.

Answer: Because devs aren't brave enough to do something that wasn't done before, and coping such a unique system would instantly result with hate because of stealing from other games.

I mean, you’re REALLY reaching with this one. C’mon. If it’s good, it gets copied, the end. WoW copied EQ. Fortnite improved on the PUBG formula. Companies follow suit in design and business all the time. There is literally no logical or historical basis for what you’ve said. None.

There wasn't even as single game with opportunity to copy it.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There wasn't even as single game with opportunity to copy it.

Not a single game WANTS to copy it, or it would have been. Period. ESO is four years old, it’s hardly some new innovator in this field. Choose another straw-man if you want to continue debating with me.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I'm a big advocate for the guild trader system instead of a global auction house and I have no problem with this addon. It's an option, and options are good.

Agreed.

Besides the only way this could become a "problem" (by overtaking current guild selling) is if it became instantaneous. And its not. People will always be too impatient to wait for COD.
    Edited by Inarre on April 5, 2018 2:33PM
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Forum polls are not accurate because they do not include the majority of the ESO population. It's like staging a rally for something and then taking a poll at the rally, asking people if they support this cause. Number are going to be skewed, to say the least.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Forum polls are not accurate because they do not include the majority of the ESO population. It's like staging a rally for something and then taking a poll at the rally, asking people if they support this cause. Number are going to be skewed, to say the least.

I know, that's why I wrote " based on the other topic".
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To manipulate prices as I would on a server-wide auction house I would have to visit nearly every merchant and purchase the items I want to price differently. During that time, if they were popular items that move quickly, I guarantee more would be listed for the original or lower price. With a server-wide auction house, I wouldn't have this problem. I can sit at the AH or another player who is even more enterprising than me can write a bot to do it for him.

Give me a server-wide auction house and I'll suction up all your gold until I have so much that the only interesting thing left to do with it is to manipulate markets even further.

I get the feeling you’ve never actually tried that. If you did, you would know how expensive that gets, and you would probably lose almost as much as you gain.

You go in, buy all of an available item and re-list it for double or triple the amount, then someone else comes in and undercuts you. They get the sales and you just wasted a whole lot of cash.

Sure, you might get lucky once in a while if you’re going after low-drop-rate items that are rare, but you’re still going to pay through the nose trying to take that approach.

No, the competition doesn’t just go away because it’s a server-wide AH. If anything, it’s amplified because people don’t need to alt-tab out of the game to check price trends. They can see it right there. They also do not need to be in a guild with a trader to do it.

This strawman argument of yours is way overplayed.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on April 5, 2018 2:44PM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the feeling you’ve never actually tried that. If you did, you would know how expensive that gets, and you would probably lose almost as much as you gain.

You go in, buy all of an available item and re-list it for double or triple the amount, then someone else comes in and undercuts you. They get the sales and you just wasted a whole lot of cash.

Sure, you might get lucky once in a while if you’re going after low-drop-rate items that are rare, but you’re still going to pay through the nose trying to take that approach.

No, the competition doesn’t just go away because it’s a server-wide AH. If anything, it’s amplified because people don’t need to alt-tab out of the game to check price trends. They can see it right there. They also do not need to be in a guild with a trader to do it.

I did it in another game for years, it's easy enough in any game with enough time and enough currency. I don't think you have any idea what players who have more of a share of the money supply than you could imagine are capable of. You're not thinking big enough if you think one of the issues would be "running out of gold".
    Edited by ecru on April 5, 2018 4:07PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I did it in another game for years, it's easy enough in any game with enough time and enough currency. I don't think you have any idea what players who have more of a share of the money supply than you could imagine are capable of. You're not thinking big enough if you think one of the issues would be "running out of gold".

What makes you think people haven’t already accumulated that kind of wealth in ESO? I mean congratulations, and all that, but you’re not saying anything to prove that ESO has changed anything for the better.
  • Smokewood
    Smokewood
    ✭✭✭
    Please add either:

1) a global action house.
    or
    2) Ability for me to list my products on a personal vendor where others can buy from.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who are arguing against are most likely Guild GMs and Officers who are getting filthy rich of its members and Guilds.
    PS4 NA it’s so bad that these Guilds are spending millions of gold on 15-20 ghost traders a week to flip or just knock out competition.
    PLAIN and SIMPLE
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sound more and more like an communist revolution, lol.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Capitalism (ideally) is an open market with checks and balances. ESO’s trading is currently far more similar to crime syndicates.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Capitalism (ideally) is an open market with checks and balances. ESO’s trading is currently far more similar to crime syndicates.

Eso's current trading system is exactly like real life buying and selling before the internet.

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »

Eso's current trading system is exactly like real life buying and selling before the internet.

If you want to completely ignore Pan-Asian markets, farmers markets and open trade in various forms all over the world (many types still flourishing today), sure, you’d be correct. But mostly wrong.

Edit: It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that people go to defend this atrocious player trading system. You can instantly tell who the GMs and profiteers are given the responses. I’ve made millions off the current system, mind you, but that’s mostly from undercutting the absurd inflation, and I cringe to think of how much guilds have made off my sales and just where that money has gone. Anecdotal, but 90% of the guilds I’ve been in have been rotten, with unaccountable spending everywhere.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on April 5, 2018 5:03PM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nobody had TTC before the internet was invented. I think it’s safe to say ESO is not even remotely close to being similar.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very glad I'm console
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that people go to defend this atrocious player trading system.

Here's fun fact.
    To some people here Global AH might be atrocious, and the Guild Trader system perfect.