Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, Gryphon mount please?

JoffyToffy69
JoffyToffy69
✭✭✭✭
Gryphon mounts are perfect for AD!
I'm not asking for a flying mount. Maybe a "pygmy" version that can't fly due to its size can't carry the rider? Smaller wing size?
There's already different colour variants seen in the trailer too!
I would spend alot of crowns wink wink ZOS ;)

Eventually could even work on other 'elite' mounts for other alliance/races too. (Obviously not 'locked' as we like choices/freedom to customize)

I know its been requested previously (by myself included) but now we have a real chance at getting it!
Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
Former Empress Serabii
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    Having a Flying Gryphon would be one of my deepest dream coming true since I love role playing ... since we’ve got the most beautiful game ever created in terms of diversity and environment, I’d suggest that the gryphon would hover the ground instead of flying lest missing of the richness used to create those amazing and unique regions covered by our grand tamriel map.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else suggested that the gryphon could spread its wings and glide briefly when you pressed "jump." I think that's a brilliant idea.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:48PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give it time. It will come. They like to pair pets and mounts these days, and they already have a gryphon pet coming out, right? It took long enough, but I finally even have a striped senche cub pet to go with my striped senche mount now. And as far as a gryphon mount goes... well, people have been asking since they started coming out with non-horse mounts. It's almost guaranteed to happen, just a matter of when. My guess? Soon.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure they have it well covered :P
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if we had to wait an extra while for it how crazy would it be if it was like the nix ox and given away free.

that would please a Huge amount of people. Maybe restore a lil faith in the faithless.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gryphons are cool but flying would be bad. Also if they start bringing in flying I want my Levitate spell.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gryphons are cool but flying would be bad. Also if they start bringing in flying I want my Levitate spell.

Remember to cast slowfall.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rather they didn't add Gryphon mounts. The same people who constantly ask for flying mounts will be ranting. And if they gryphons can fly, why no dragons? Really not worth it, imo.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    Gryphon mounts are perfect for AD!
    I'm not asking for a flying mount. Maybe a "pygmy" version that can't fly due to its size can't carry the rider? Smaller wing size?
    There's already different colour variants seen in the trailer too!
    I would spend alot of crowns wink wink ZOS ;)

Eventually could even work on other 'elite' mounts for other alliance/races too. (Obviously not 'locked' as we like choices/freedom to customize)

I know its been requested previously (by myself included) but now we have a real chance at getting it!

100% would buy one!
    *Throws Money at screen*
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Just give it time. It will come. They like to pair pets and mounts these days, and they already have a gryphon pet coming out, right? It took long enough, but I finally even have a striped senche cub pet to go with my striped senche mount now. And as far as a gryphon mount goes... well, people have been asking since they started coming out with non-horse mounts. It's almost guaranteed to happen, just a matter of when. My guess? Soon.
    I have a striped senche cub now to go with my .... spotted stable horse. :/

LOL. No tiger mount for me. I'm hoping one day they'll release a different color variation of it, though, so that the original tiger senche will still stay special, but that people like me can have a version of a tiger, too. Maybe they'll release a white version some day to the poor masses.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they brought back the loyalty rewards with the same "restrictions" as they had at first, I'd be fine with it. I'd be rather annoyed if they ever sold the tiger though. Different version, fine. The exact same one? No.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I have a striped senche cub now to go with my .... spotted stable horse. :/

LOL. No tiger mount for me. I'm hoping one day they'll release a different color variation of it, though, so that the original tiger senche will still stay special, but that people like me can have a version of a tiger, too. Maybe they'll release a white version some day to the poor masses.

Ehhhhhhh.... I like it for the exclusivity. They already have so many senches, I feel like the only real defining characteristic of my guy is his stripes. If they released like a white tiger mount I would be sad because then he'd only be special by being the lame orange tiger (white tigers are way cooler). I mean, if we're talking "coolness" they've already released so many awesome mounts... the only thing stripey has is his exclusivity, as his coolness factor is way down in comparison. No offense, but anything to lower his exlusivity factor would make me sad. Now, a green wraith pet or purple dwemer construct? Sure, go for it.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Check the videos from Big Cat Derek on youtube. I would love it if ZOS got a few recordings from that center and used them in the game. They'd get a ton of complaints, possibly, because I'm not sure people know tigers moo.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I could have that white gryphon as a mount... my gosh I would buy that so fast :D I agree with others, not asking for flight, but let them spread and flap their wings when you jump :)
    d6d78252714cde27c518778a9a784350.jpg
    Fantastic_white_griffin_with_red_eyes_running_on_branch_by_Kipine.jpg
    425970902f268168d33f35b3612d591f.jpg
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Ah it'll be a radiant apex mount in the crown crates lol
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    I'd so totes buy a white gryphon if there was one, esp with the glide option. Yus!
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd so totes buy a white gryphon if there was one, esp with the glide option. Yus!

i'd buy it in black, if offered.

probably even in grey.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

i'd buy it in black, if offered.

probably even in grey.

gallery-1456849047-l-15482.jpg?resize=480:*

i totally agree
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah it'll be a radiant apex mount in the crown crates lol

Don't. [snip]. Even.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on April 18, 2018 2:44PM
  • Cortanacamo
    Cortanacamo
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, if the Gryphon was assuited to Aldmeri Dominion it'd be similar to suggesting 'Dragons' for Ebonheart Pact or 'Manticores' for Daggerfall Covenant. (Which would be pretty neat)
    dbq1XJm.jpg
    dVBhcMP.jpg
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Question is: Will you be able to sprint on that flying mount? :D
  • Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    No it needs to Fly!!!!!!
    Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RGvolterra wrote: »
    Having a Flying Gryphon would be one of my deepest dream coming true since I love role playing ... since we’ve got the most beautiful game ever created in terms of diversity and environment, I’d suggest that the gryphon would hover the ground instead of flying lest missing of the richness used to create those amazing and unique regions covered by our grand tamriel map.

she-canne-take-it-captain.gif

seriously, the game engine can't handle riding a mount at full speed within STORMREST.... now multiply that with flying.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

seriously, the game engine can't handle riding a mount at full speed within STORMREST.... now multiply that with flying.

They could just limit flying speed.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

PLEASE...can we have a Gryphon Mount.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If they would do something ridiculous like allow flying in the first place, then limit the speed, do you realize how much ranting about how slow the mount is would happen?

I really hope they never cave and do flying mounts. The game wasn't built for it, and so much would be ruined if they did.

• Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Someone else suggested that the gryphon could spread its wings and glide briefly when you pressed "jump." I think that's a brilliant idea.

This would be the coolest thing!!! That way nobody even has to whine about whether mounts can/can't fly, because we'll get both aspects. The rest of the animations can just be basically copied from the senches we already use.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

If they would do something ridiculous like allow flying in the first place, then limit the speed, do you realize how much ranting about how slow the mount is would happen?

I really hope they never cave and do flying mounts. The game wasn't built for it, and so much would be ruined if they did.

I have prepared plenty of popcorn for the forum ranting, don't worry.
    ...and generally, I agree. I think the game is fine without flying mounts, and adding them in will almost definitely cause more problems than necessary. To be fair though, it would be cool if they implemented "flying" in a limited sense, like a flying animation when sprinting on your mount, without actually flying.