The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No 5 day early access for GAMESTOP Imperial Edition preoder

Tinman
Tinman
I went and payed off my gamestop imperial edition preorder and they told me they do not have any 5 day early access codes today. Any one else having this problem? They could only issue me a 3 day. Not cool and not what was advertise on the ESO Website or Gamestop Website. And to top it all off when I went to submit a support ticket online on eso.com. The submission button would not send my ticket...... Ironic or planned?....
  • ApophisXP
    ApophisXP
    If their customer services refuse to give you what was adverised. Get a refund and Cancell your order or do a charge back. Then purchase elsewhere or even officially.
    Member of the ESO Community Since Early Access Day 1
    Click the Awesome button! You know you want to
  • Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    ApophisXP wrote: »
    If their customer services refuse to give you what was adverised. Get a refund and Cancell your order or do a charge back. Then purchase elsewhere or even officially.

This. I had the EXACT same problem. Cancelled my preorder with GameStop, got my money back, and then bought the Imperial Edition from this website.

And then I re-learned the definition of irony.
  • ApophisXP
    ApophisXP
    Shouldnt laugh but the last part.. that is rather... /sigh lol
    Member of the ESO Community Since Early Access Day 1
    Click the Awesome button! You know you want to
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Protip: Don't preorder from Gamestop.

They should have given you the preorder code when you first placed the preorder, not when you paid it off.
  • AnitIam
    AnitIam
    I had the same issue. Log a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0341-file-complaint-ftc

GameStop and ZOS did not make the terms clear and it needs investigation. So many of us have been ignored by both entities.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's gamestop that is at fault, no one else. They were given the correct codes and decided to do their own thing, probably staff and friends getting 5 day codes with the normal version and giving people who buy the CE edition 3 day codes instead.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what Amazon has in it's description (below) still today. I got the standard edition so I don't know for sure, but I read on this website store that only 5 day codes come from buying from the website itself. 3rd party sales of both editions are 3 day only. If that's the case, Amazon is wrong as well as Gamestop.

Amazon Description of pre order bennies
    Pre-orders of the PC/Mac download versions will also include a 3 day early-access code (customers who pre-order the Imperial Edition will get a 5 day early-access code)
    Edited by Etchesketch on March 31, 2014 10:50PM
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pre-ordered the Imperial Ed. from GameStop in store. The code was on the receipt.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what Amazon has in it's description (below) still today. I got the standard edition so I don't know for sure, but I read on this website store that only 5 day codes come from buying from the website itself. 3rd party sales of both editions are 3 day only. If that's the case, Amazon is wrong as well as Gamestop.

Amazon Description of pre order bennies
    Pre-orders of the PC/Mac download versions will also include a 3 day early-access code (customers who pre-order the Imperial Edition will get a 5 day early-access code)

Imperial edition should come with 5 days wherever you buy it from, the normal edition comes with 3 unless bought from zenimax where you get 5
    Edited by Ojustaboo on March 31, 2014 10:58PM
  • Poxs
    Poxs
    I pre-ordered the standard edition from gamestop and the clerk showed me on the receipt where the early access code was. He told me that whether you paid for it in advance or paid when you actually picked it up did not matter, the access code was printed on the receipt in either case.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭

My code was in an email I got directly after ordering from Amazon. I re-read the site here and looks like imperial (as others said already) is supposed to have the 5 days. Not sure why they wouldn't have them.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Valkerian
    Valkerian
    It is 5 day but at gamestop it's on the receipt WHEN you preorder it. NOT whenever you feel like going in to get it.
  • Ysbal
    Ysbal
    I preordered from the gamestop website back in February and got an early access code about a week later. Maybe I was freakishly lucky?

Mostly just waiting on the ship notification now... waiting sucks.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Protip: Don't preorder from Gamestop.

They should have given you the preorder code when you first placed the preorder, not when you paid it off.

Protip: Order from Gamestop. Got my 5 day early access preorder code just fine:)
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Valkerian wrote: »
    It is 5 day but at gamestop it's on the receipt WHEN you preorder it. NOT whenever you feel like going in to get it.

Its not on the "receipt" they send it too you via e-mail
  • holmes.lab16_ESO
    I pre-ordered from gamestop online. Got my code emailed well in advance.
  • Poxs
    Poxs
    Clarification: Gamestop will have the Early Access on the Receipt if you order it in-store and will e-mail it to you if you order it from their on-line store. I pre-ordered in the store close to me and it was on the receipt they game me for pickup.