The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wrong code from GameStop. What do I do?

Ompapamowmow
Ompapamowmow
Soul Shriven
I preordered physical imperial edition from gamestop.com on February 7th. It was only last week that I got my code. I had to call and get it myself. Anyway, long story short, error 103, check my account and I have a 3 day key. I am pretty sure GS doesn't charge until they ship but the "cancel order" option is no longer available on the order. If I am paying $120, I would like to play tonight. I would like to just buy the digital version right now and jump right in but I can't if I am going to get charged for the physical version as well when they ship it on the 4th. Any advice? I am going to try GS customer support, but considering it took them 45 days to give my the wrong pre order code, I am already considering that a failure. Can I just call the bank and tell them that I don't authorize any payment from Gamestop? I actually think I might have paid with paypal..... What do I do then? Sigh.... It was supposed to be a good day.
Edited by Ompapamowmow on March 31, 2014 6:02AM
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe PayPal has a stop payment option. Can you go to a local store and aske for the right code?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • AnitIam
    AnitIam
    I had the same issue. Log a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0341-file-complaint-ftc

GameStop and ZOS did not make the terms clear and it needs investigation. So many of us have been ignored by both entities.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax made it perfectly clear what editions had what early access, how many more threads are you going to paste that same response in.

If retailers don't do what they were supposed to do, complain about them.