The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not able to install on my 100GB SSD

phearfactor
I have a 100gb SSD for my boot drive and run all my games from other drives. I have two 1TB drives I use for gaming. There is no way to free 60GB from Drive C (the SSD) and the installer will not ask me where I want it installed instead. It just tells me clear more space which I can't do. My second hard drive has over 300gb free! How Do I get the installer to install the game there? Is there a text file I can edit or something to get it to install on Drive D?
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    I have a very similar set-up to you and I was able to to install to my D Drive instead of my SSD, but sadly now I can't remember exactly how. Is the installation file on your SSD or D? Maybe try moving it to the drive you want if you haven't already. If you've already done that, at least I can confirm it's possible and hopefully someone can point you in the right direction soon.

Best of luck!
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon
    ✭✭✭
    I can’t quite understand your problem (please bear in mind I have just updated the Beta client) but just to check your post I did the following;

First I logged in to my account
    Then clicked the ‘Download PC Client’ link
    This downloaded a 103 Mb Install_ESO file
    I copied this file from the download folder into a new folder on my D : \ partition
    I ran this file and it opened a window with a choice of language
    Selecting English and clicking OK takes me to what looks like the launcher screen
    Clicking [Continue] will go to the usual EULA screen
    Tick box and [Continue] passes on to the ‘Installation Options’ screen
    Right at the top of this screen is the option to select your installation location
    with a [Change] button
    Clicking [Install] then ran a DirectX check and then downloaded and installed the real launcher ready to download the client.

If you have tried to install the client any other way then to do what you require you may have to try it this way.
    Edited by Colonel_Brandon on March 31, 2014 10:21PM
  • phearfactor
    Ok that seemed to work Colonel_Brandon. I uninstalled the client then followed your directions. It started to install the game now which is a lot further then I was yesterday. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.