The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should jewelry crafting be a based game feature and not a paygate feature?

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes jewelry crafting should be added to the based game and not under a forced paywall.
    aliyavana wrote: »
    its not p2w, other mmos have huge features behind expansion pay walls so why should eso be different?
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    I don't understand why this is a discussion every single time new content comes out.

In other MMOs you buy the expansions, get the new mechanics and level cap - or you stop playing the game.

Never once have I seen people complain on WoW forums about such things.

I think the ESO community has too many freebies but I guess that's what comes with a subscription free game.
    Did you guys know that if you don't buy the latest WoW expansion you'll be ten levels behind everyone who does? P2W, it's so disgusting.

maybe because WOW expansions are really worth it in overall?
    I myself didnt had any problems to pay much more for all expansions in wow and in gw2 because content is reaally worth it

and as I like the most TES worlds I had the biggest problem to spent more money on ESO, even on sales, when ZOS released it because ESO new content is really *** in compare to many other games, thats why people have no problem and dont asshurt in other games on expansions because they are really worth it and here we are in ESO many many people "asshurt" and complaing about new expansions because those are really not only poor but also so greedy as for that low, weak content
    Edited by Edziu on March 29, 2018 1:12PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not really a big deal everyone will have a friend or guildmate who can do it and always ask in zone chat for one its not p2w. by top tier player might not use it other than 7th legion jewelry so the can run it in medium. but this will really help new players get decent gear at max lvl so they don't have to grind for a couple weeks getting decent gear they can jump in and learn game then get the gear
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Jewelry crafting is fine being a pay to make feature behind a paywall gate.
    The PC base ESO game with Morrowind cost 16.99 on amazon.
    The PC base game with Morrwind & Summerset cost 39.99 from ESO.
    The PC digital upgrade for Morrwind & Summerset costs 29.99 from ESO.
    I know if you already have Morrowind the cost for Summerst is the same, so just wait a year the next chapter will probably include all previous chapters for a similarly low price.

IMHO this is quite reasonable costs as compared to other games.

Each Chapter should have something unique to make the purchase of it worth more than the regular DLC's.

If you cannot afford to purchase the "Chapter" maybe you should not be playing a game, but bettering yourself to increase your earning potential.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum