The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should jewelry crafting be a based game feature and not a paygate feature?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by Thevampirenight on March 29, 2018 12:50AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

Should jewelry crafting be a based game feature and not a paygate feature? 194 votes

Yes jewelry crafting should be added to the based game and not under a forced paywall.
36%
MisterBigglesworthcalitrumanb14_ESOLadyNerevarEthoirTurelusaubrey.baconb16_ESOdennissomb16_ESOfalcasternub18_ESOczarhondelinkbottleofsyrupalsuranLinaleahMasterSpatulaAvalonThe_AurorTarukmocktoDrakoleonAlnilamEKliff 70 votes
Jewelry crafting should be a elder scrolls plus feature instead.
2%
bellatrixedDoctordarkspawnShadowfellWildRaptorX 4 votes
No Jewelry crafting is fine being a pay to make feature behind a paywall gate.
61%
rikimm16_ESOJoy_DivisionAcrolasashenehb14_ESOBowserInklingsdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOArobainGreevirDarcyMardinGythralLadyAstrumDarkstorneAnnulielleothedinoSharranAesDarlonthomas1970b16_ESOphaneub17_ESOrosendoichinoveb17_ESO 119 votes
They should just can Jewelry crafting if its going to be a pay real money to win through crafting. Its best not being added at all.
0%
SJD_Phoenix 1 vote
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not p2w, other mmos have huge features behind expansion pay walls so why should eso be different?
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 29, 2018 12:52AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes jewelry crafting should be added to the based game and not under a forced paywall.
    aliyavana wrote: »

That was a quick post. Fastest response I don't even think the thread was up for ten seconds. Before you posted that.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 29, 2018 12:51AM
    PC NA
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The plebs will cry about it, same as they cried about Wardens being tied to Morrowind.

If they want crafted jewelry they will have to either pay for it with gold, or with a purchase of Summerset.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    The plebs will cry about it, same as they cried about Wardens being tied to Morrowind.

If they want crafted jewelry they will have to either pay for it with gold, or with a purchase of Summerset.

Well I really think it should have been already in the game to begin with. Point is I can understand they want people to buy the summerset isles expansion. I'm fine with the Psijic order being under the paywall. But such a basic feature as crafting rings and jewels should be based game. This is how I feel about it. But no matter everyone has their own opinions!
    PC NA
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all things in ESO have been added to the base game. Both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are behind a DLC.

As long as the crafted items are BOE there's nothing wrong. This is a needed boost for the dedicated crafters. Said in another thread that crafters have been shafted since the start since items to not break from decay. The crafting economy sucks as this limits the number of items that is needed in the game. It also hurts the those that sell dropped items.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, it should. I can't get too upset about it anymore, though. The playerbase was too cheap for sub-only to succeed. In anything with paid content, there's going to be some PTW-ish stuff. So I blame the cheapskates.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on March 29, 2018 1:01AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit this makes me uncomfortable. On the one hand, there isn't much else in this that can justify the 'Chapter' pricetag, so I can see why they're doing it. On the other, I would have expected the impact on stats this is going to have to be more in line with Transmutation.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO+ or obtained through purchase of Summerset.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and jewelery crafting should/needs to be BASE game content at the 4 year mark.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and jewelery crafting should/needs to be BASE game content at the 4 year mark.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one thing that’s going to give people substantial leg up on the competition, more than transmutation and more than Warden. If guild halls can have attundable jewlery crafting stations then fine, no big deal. Otherwise no, it should not be locked behind a paywall.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s P2W that I can only quest in Summerset if I buy the chapter. Ridiculous. Should be free :trollface:
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care.

I mean, sure, yeah, it would have been nice to have it as basic feature. And had the game stayed subscription powered, that's how it ouight to have been. But... ship, sailed, sunk, long time.

Now... one has to expect them to lock almost everything new behind some DLC or expansion.
    I'll just deal with it.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not p2w, other mmos have huge features behind expansion pay walls so why should eso be different?

becasue unlike other games ESO's doesn't have the whole "expansion raises the level cap and so everything is gated behind level cap" and because up until this point - features of this nature were still accessible even if you didn't have the associated content packs on your account. for example - transmute stations. attunable stations.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    This is one thing that’s going to give people substantial leg up on the competition, more than transmutation and more than Warden. If guild halls can have attundable jewlery crafting stations then fine, no big deal. Otherwise no, it should not be locked behind a paywall.

No it won't.

- The difference between gold and purple jewellery is negligible
    - You can still buy all gold overland and dungeon jewellery from the golden vendor
    - You can still obtain gold trial jewellery by completing trials

The only thing you can't obtain is gold crafted set jewellery, but you'll likely be able to trade for it with other players. And even if you can't, all that means is you won't be able to combine two 5-piece crafted sets, which will never be BiS anyway.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 29, 2018 1:55AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely decided quite yet. I understand the need to tie new features into content to increase sales. However, jewelry crafting feels like a base game concept. I'm not totally against paywalling it as I'll be buying the chapter at some point if the PTS build seems reasonable, but I could see how other players might have issues having to pay to access something that feels like it should be base game.

We also don't have all the info yet. I want to see how the mats are distributed and how rare and attainable the upgrade mats are. There are some unknown variable still.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fix the biased wording of your ridiculous poll. The attitude of a someone making a poll should not be so transparent (you’re up in arms about it, we can tell).
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I already bought the expansion, so I’m ok with it.

The collector’s edition upgrade was only $40. Cheaper than other expansions I’ve bought for other sub only MMOs...
    Edited by srfrogg23 on March 29, 2018 2:25AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelrycrafting should have been a base game update. I already pre ordered Summerset something so important for the game shouldn't be blocked behind a (double) paywall.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 29, 2018 3:27AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

becasue unlike other games ESO's doesn't have the whole "expansion raises the level cap and so everything is gated behind level cap" and because up until this point - features of this nature were still accessible even if you didn't have the associated content packs on your account. for example - transmute stations. attunable stations.

those were features from dlc, not chapters however. Also eso is the most forgiving in terms of new chapters as its been a while since the gear cap has raised.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO plus isn't paying for the chapter so they shouldn't get it.

You forgot it should be the same as transmute option. There are only stations in summerset but you can buy a table for huge amounts of master writs and put it in your guild house.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    No it should just be apart of the game. I can see that if they pay gate it that once unlocked it is FOR ALL ACCOUNTS most things in the game are that way. They already have an issue with any purchased motif is that if you paygate to get it you still have to deal with the grind gate to 8 on the passive just to use the freaking thing. That caused theme lose of income right there for most players didn't buy it so lost money.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    P2W and paywall arguments are used as justification for not wanting to paying for something. If someone wants to see what P2W really looks like download "Game of War" on your phone and play it for a month or so. Then you will understand what P2W means.

Its like (almost) everyone here came from skyrim and has no experience with how an MMO works.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on March 29, 2018 4:16AM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say so only because Spell Crafting has been part of the discussion with ESO from the BEGINNING. And of course from the beginning subscribers were going to have access to all new content. That changed when they changed the definition of DLC, re-categorized content and decided to look at their base as a resource rather than customers. It's pretty difficult to stomach how much they take advantage of the existing player base. We'll see them add Summerset Isle to the next chapter and give us what we already purchased.
  • SharranAes
    SharranAes
    ✭✭✭
    How is getting an expansion pay to win? :S
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is getting an expansion pay to win? :S

Good question. Though none of the people that claim it as such can never give a logical reason
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys know that if you don't buy the latest WoW expansion you'll be ten levels behind everyone who does? P2W, it's so disgusting.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why this is a discussion every single time new content comes out.

In other MMOs you buy the expansions, get the new mechanics and level cap - or you stop playing the game.

Never once have I seen people complain on WoW forums about such things.

I think the ESO community has too many freebies but I guess that's what comes with a subscription free game.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

those were features from dlc, not chapters however. Also eso is the most forgiving in terms of new chapters as its been a while since the gear cap has raised.

morrowind is a chapter. attunable stations from morrowind are available to people who do not have it via guild houses. what's even more interesting, unless something has changed recently - its possible to buy morrowind houses even if you don't have morrowind. with crowns only, but its possible.

yes, ESO is forgiving. which is kinda the point and appeal of this game. that you can have a pretty full experience even if all you have is a base game
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    I don't understand why this is a discussion every single time new content comes out.

In other MMOs you buy the expansions, get the new mechanics and level cap - or you stop playing the game.

Never once have I seen people complain on WoW forums about such things.

I think the ESO community has too many freebies but I guess that's what comes with a subscription free game.

This is one of the most consumer-friendly MMOs, so people have become spoiled.