Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Farm plots inside housing? (discuss)

Auros
Auros
✭✭✭
I'd love to be able to grow bananas in my yard.

/discuss?
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! Housing needs to produce things that are useful.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd love a little farm plot.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    I believe this does open whole new aspect of food system in the game. Lots of things can "happen" while processing it, so much to do etc.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /dreams
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they mentioned this in the past to be on the list for future content. Would be great that housing would bring something extra.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incorporating farming simulator into a running simulator. I like the way you think.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Auros wrote: »

/discuss?

yup... and a plot for alchemy stuff too.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to be able and break in your eso houses and loot your storage area that should be a feature by now
  • Asha_Mar
    Asha_Mar
    ✭✭
    Yes please! I'd love a little fruit and veg patch.

Plant seeds, go off on thrilling adventures, return and grab veggie goodies the next day.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auros wrote: »

/discuss?

When I wanna pick some ripe bananas I go Alessia bridge.
    If we get to grow things inside our homes, Id settle for columbine.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The last thing the alliances need is citizens pulling a Tom Selleck and stealing water during droughts because they wanna grow avocados in their houses.
  • Elfen3Warrior
    Elfen3Warrior
    ✭✭
    Yes! I really wish the homes were more useful. Until storage chests, it was mostly a way for new toons to easily access some zones. It would make going to my home enjoyable, to harvest my goodies. It would encourage getting more homes to get more farm plots, etc. The different plots should be Furnishing Plans, and also crown store. I want to grow provisioning and alchemy ingredients. Also, we need fruit tree plots for Majicka receipes, and an animal pen for Health recipes. I want a beehive for honey. For homes with water, you should be able to have a furnishing plan for a fishing spot.
    Xbox NA
  • shauny.gibbsb16_ESO
    I really agree, I was excited when housing was introduced, I’ve spent a few million decorating it and many days and then nothing, no reason to go back to it. I’d love a small farmsville addition, maybe there could be a real small chance of a rare material drop to be collected that could be used or sold
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Farming could be fun
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be amazing, grow like maybe my 6 most used Alchemcal reagents. Also maybe kill off the stupid farmers too? Who knows.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love it but I can already hear the yowling about how it's unfair that house owners get extra mats.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love it but I can already hear the yowling about how it's unfair that house owners get extra mats.

PvE incentive to do all those quest, get the achievements so you can buy the houses. Only question would be the Crown Store only ones.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PvE incentive to do all those quest, get the achievements so you can buy the houses. Only question would be the Crown Store only ones.

That's perfectly rational, yes. This, however, will not be an obstacle for some to object vigorously.

I love the idea, especially for some of the properties that have so much spare land.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's perfectly rational, yes. This, however, will not be an obstacle for some to object vigorously.

I love the idea, especially for some of the properties that have so much spare land.

Ironic how uncommon, common sense is... :(
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ironic how uncommon, common sense is... :(

Isn't it just. :/

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved being a cook in LoTRO. Had to grow all my ingredients. Was a real chore and a bit of a grind but good, wholesome crafting fun!

screenshot00052_2.jpg
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of crafting or purchasing small rows in which various types of plants could be picked from every 24 hours, however...

FARMVILLE is not a game I am interested in.

Gardening dailies were one of the reasons I left World of Warcraft and other MMO's like it.

Let me simply purchase the "row" for the type of plants I wish to harvest every 24 hours and then let me drop it on a spot outside my house. NO MAINTENANCE OR QUEST.

Better yet... don't allow me to pick it just have those plants auto drop into my crafting bag every 24 hours.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    I love the idea of crafting or purchasing small rows in which various types of plants could be picked from every 24 hours, however...

FARMVILLE is not a game I am interested in.

Gardening dailies were one of the reasons I left World of Warcraft and other MMO's like it.

Let me simply purchase the "row" for the type of plants I wish to harvest every 24 hours and then let me drop it on a spot outside my house. NO MAINTENANCE OR QUEST.

Better yet... don't allow me to pick it just have those plants auto drop into my crafting bag every 24 hours.

Even better, more immersive yet another way zos can earn money: Sell us NPCs that would maintain the plants for us.
    • Provisioning NPC could tend the plants needed for cooking, every week we get the harvest of one type of plant we told him to grow.
    • Alchemy NPC could grow some herbs needed for potions, or fungus needed for poisons, depending what we choose for him to produce.
    Zos could make these NPCs about 2k each and I am sure ppl would buy them.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

Even better, more immersive yet another way zos can earn money: Sell us NPCs that would maintain the plants for us.
    • Provisioning NPC could tend the plants needed for cooking, every week we get the harvest of one type of plant we told him to grow.
    • Alchemy NPC could grow some herbs needed for potions, or fungus needed for poisons, depending what we choose for him to produce.

ONLY if they come in daisy duke shorts and take baths in the river. (And no I don't even care if they are orcs I am an equal opportunity employer)
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »

ONLY if they come in daisy duke shorts and take baths in the river. (And no I don't even care if they are orcs I am an equal opportunity employer)

Doesn't do much for me, I have to say...

I'd like some wee folk to tend the garden, like hobbits only not.

• knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    soon the game be more like runescape
  • Alagras
    Alagras
    ✭✭✭
    Most agree, also possibly breeding. Then remove the food crates in delves and let the food economy become players driven.

I see they re gonna give rewards for daily login, but such mini games would be a more elegant way to do it.
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    A FarmVille type game in our homes? :O
  • Royalty27
    Royalty27
    ✭✭
    This would be a great feature for alchemist. Being able to grow there most commonly used reagents.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would want this to be looked at very carefully before implementing - even though as a housing nut this would benifit me enormously. In wow when they did similar it crashed part of the economy.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.